RNG is a fickle god

The tower awaits!

Re: RNG is a fickle god

Postby SummerSnowman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:25 am

The kingdom's luck continues... with two OOD demons in Anomaly: 1.

Gee, I wonder what that could be. Already killed Zaji, encountered a Nuppeppo, so maybe Shoggoth?

Nope, it's a Nokken! Good thing too, since I do need the damage for a Nuppeppo. I even had a Fotia ready with Flame Dart for good damages.

Oh...you want me to sacrifice something? Okay, here's an Ogre. Again? Alright, take a Fotia. Again?!?! Fine, have a Will-O-Wisp. Oh, now it wants ANOTHER SACRIFICE :evil: :evil: so I give it my Carbuncle. Finally, it takes some health! But... it also wants me to kill my Solid Goblin and my Friar Rush. I do it with great apprehension.

I do manage to secure the Nuppeppo by getting into this position, using a flame glyph, then a chakra stone on Nokken, then a chakra gem. But I'm thinking that the Nokken might have been a bad choice, since Fotia probably does the same damage (70 fire vs 55 matter + 20 resist body) and I don't have to lose good fusion materials/skills.
SummerSnowman

Postby Ferret » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:22 pm

Adding some OODs to the Glitch Sanctum isn't a bad idea. :D I'll see if I can think of some way to make them feel less tedious to fight without losing their unique mechanic.

Charm is arguably the most powerful negative status effect there is. It may not last as long as Stone, or be as easy to land as Sleep or Panic, but the immediate 2 actions/turn swing in your favor is huge.

I'll nerf Gaudium again if I must, but reluctant to do so super rapidly. :) I'll keep an eye on it for a bit longer before deciding.

That Nokken was hungry. :D OODs are fun to find, but without an Offering some of them can be quite demanding. :) Though, I wonder how much of a rebellion I'd have on my hands if I nerfed Offering drop rates. Hm..

Anyway, good luck with the rest of Anomaly, and thanks for the reports!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:56 pm

Stuff like this is the reason negotiations with anything that's not a light demon make me paranoid.
If recruiting OODs with offeringsstats being to powerful, then a potential solution is to make it so that they are less likely to spawn if you have offerings. It shouldn't hurt anyone who has normal OOD luck. I feel a bit evil for suggesting that.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:53 am

Saler wrote:Stuff like this is the reason negotiations with anything that's not a light demon make me paranoid.

:D
Ferret

Previous

Return to General Discussion