YAVP: Faithful heart, healing and fire.

The tower awaits!

Re: YAVP: Faithful heart, healing and fire.

Postby Ferret » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:07 am

#3 on the charts isn't shabby at all, especially on a scoreboard this old. :D I usually don't go this long without a reset, but none of the builds have required one since Matter's release. Anyway, congrats. :D

Out of curiosity, what was it about Ninkasi's Sanctum that gave you so much trouble on the Dragon build?
Ferret

Early thoughts on the overhaul

Postby Remora » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:15 pm

It's been a couple months so I don't remember as well right now, but I remember that my first or second encounter was with a group of pixies and jinns, some with the corrupt modifier. They managed to slay a couple of my allies before I bothered to recruit a corrupt pixie and defeated the rest of the bunch. I don't remember about the rest of the run too well but my character ultimately lost in a corpse encounter.

Anyway, I kind of like how starting abilities have had an overhaul in which they are no longer directly tied to certain relics, so I do think this allows for better potential of new and unique character. The game does feel a lot more difficult, though; of my four or five games so far I have yet to even reach the Anomaly. Given the redo of base points, you do have different options for early game builds, e.g. an all in vitality character focused on buffing allies could be good with an ability like Spite early on to do additional damage to enemies. I feel that I'll have to relearn the game.
Remora

Re: YAVP: Faithful heart, healing and fire.

Postby Ferret » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:47 am

I'm glad you like the changes so far. :D I hope it won't quite be as big an adjustment as re-learning the game.... but I wouldn't be surprised if it was re-learning the early game. :D
Ferret

Previous

Return to General Discussion