My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs

Postby Saler » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:43 pm

My Dark Orb of Power run is starting of well, with me getting Last Defense on the first floor from a corpse. Spoilers: the wellness doesn't last. :roll: I have Malingee, Homunculous, Zaltys, Abbey Lubber and Gandayah by the time I reach Tower 1 ½.
...and I'm forced to retreat back to main Tower after Almas beat up my Ice weak party. Whoops. It doesn't get that much better at Tower 3, with several bad encounters forcing me to recruit more demons to replace the preserved ones. Actaeon spawn, but I though that my party was too much of a mess at this point for his link, so I just killed him. Corpse searches get cut short as I encounter a group I'm just not willing to deal with at this point.
Tower 4 went even worse. I had so many demon at preservation, that I couldn't reliably field a full party. :x Running away from multiple demon groups, using up most of my items and loosing half of my MaxHP, I somehow make it out with Flash Heal and an Arachne with Yellow Whisper.
At Tower 5, Arachne get preserved in the first fight, and I don't have enough Credits yet to copy both her Mend and Yellow Whisper. I do manage to recruit a trio of Estases :) to make up for my losses somewhat. A bit later I replace two of then, as well as Arachne after copying away the abilities with Dryad, Easg Saint and Kasha. One battle of not paying attention latter, Kasha gets preserved. :(
This was... an eventful beginning. I had half of mind to just suicide and start over. I'm probably going to go into Anomaly, although I don't see myself completing it.
Code: Select all
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Dark as their starting element,
has earned a score of 963,
is currently at Tower:5,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 4
MaxHP: 47
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 10
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 14
Agility : 10
Cunning : 15

Resist: Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Spite (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
5) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
6) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Bright Blood (Type: Healing, Passive. Increases natural HP regeneration and MaxHP recovery from earning experience by 200%.)
8) ------------

Relic Upgrades:
Capacity Up II (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 5 at once.)
Translator (Reduces the cost of using Copy Ability on yourself by 50%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)

Inventory:
1 Chakra gem
2 Heal gem
2 Chakra stone
1 Heal stone

Brands:
Sh-Fl (Lv.1)
  Last Used: Impact
  Cunning: +7
Ri-In-Ev (Lv.1)
  Base Agility is 25 or more
  Max SP: +10
  SP Costs: -13%
Sh (Lv.1)
  Cunning: +5
Ri-So (Lv.2)
  Is an Unmodified Demon
  SP Costs: -23%
Wa-Wa (Lv.2)
  Remove Weak: Elec
  Remove Weak: Mind
In-Ra-Cl (Lv.2)
  Agility: -5
  Speed: +9%
  Max SP: +9
Mi (Lv.2)
  Strength: +5
Qu-Wa-Fl (Lv.2)
  Last Used: Ice
  Remove Weak: Dark
  Agility: +5
Ri-Tra-Pa (Lv.3)
  Level is 13 or higher
  HP equal to MaxHP
  SP Costs: -39%
Co-Ri-Vu (Lv.3)
  Weak: Elec
  SP Costs: -2
Po-Ra-Na-Ab (Lv.3)
  No Matter abilities
  Cunning: -3
  Speed: +11%
  Magic: +6
Ra-Vu-So (Lv.3)
  Is a Demon
  Weak: Light
  Speed: +18%

Current Credits: 202

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 146 / 169 (86% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        2          0          0          6*         0         
Impact       1          0          0          6*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          6*         0         
Fire         1          0          2          3*         1         
Ice          0          0          1          4*         1         
Electricity  0          0          1          4*         1         
Body         0          0          1          3*         2         
Mind         1          0          1          5*         0         
Matter       1          0          0          6*         0         
Light        3          1          2          1          2*         
Dark         1*         0          2*         1          3         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Homunculus
MaxHP: 42

Strength: 13
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 13
Agility : 13
Cunning : 13

Resist: Body Mind
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
5) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Estas
Level: 5
MaxHP: 34

Strength: 11
Magic   : 24
Vitality: 5
Agility : 20
Cunning : 14

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Electricity

Soul Brand:
Po-Fr (Lv.3)
  Vitality: -3
  Magic: +7

Abilities Known:
1) Ember Dive (Type: Slash, 25 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Ignites the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Charge (4))
2) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Flash Burn (Type: Fire, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Normalizing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Fire, Ice, and Electricity status effects (except Shock) by 0.5 turns.)
5) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Dryad
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 7
Magic   : 29
Agility : 17

Resist: Electricity Light
Weak  : Fire Body Dark

Soul Brand:
Po-Tra (Lv.3)
  HP equal to MaxHP
  Magic: +11

Abilities Known:
1) Punish (Type: Light, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was a damaging ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (6))
2) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 2 turns. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
4) Squeeze (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.) Cannot miss.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kasha
MaxHP: 33

Strength: 9
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 11
Agility : 17
Cunning : 16

Resist: Fire Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Soul Brand:
Du-We-Tir (Lv.3)
  SP equal to or less than 50
  Strength: -3
  Vitality: +10

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Easg saint
MaxHP: 33

Strength: 6
Magic   : 31
Vitality: 7
Agility : 19
Cunning : 13

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Soul Brand:
Po-Tra (Lv.3)
  HP equal to MaxHP

Abilities Known:
1) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:17 am

Apologies for the late reply: I usually keep a window open to a post I've read and want to reply too when I have a moment as a reminder, but my computer rebooted unexpectedly and closed it. :/

Last Defense is good start... but yeah, it sounds like things turned rough pretty quick. :P I don't remember the last time I've heard anyone celebrate having 3 Estases (Estai? Esti? Heck if I know) in their party, but any port in a storm I guess. :)

No question Anomaly will be rough at this point...I tried to find something optimistic to say, but yeah, it's looking pretty rough based on your party dump. :/ About the only positive I could find is at least you have some decent healing abilities. :D

Still, it's a roguelike, you never know. :)

Good luck, and thanks for the report!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:12 pm

I'm fairly certain that the Estas trio was taking pity on me – all of them had just one request before joining. :)
Another upside of this party is that I can get Light passives from Easg Saint, which work just as well with Dark abilities. Also, plenty of demons in Anomaly are weak to Light and Dark, so Easg Saint, Dryad and I can exploit those for large damage.
Honestly, the fights were surprisingly easy at Anomaly 1. The worst I had was a group of Blobs and Slimes in an open area, but after Homunculus tanked as much as it could, they didn't have enough HP left to outlast my party, although I did have to make a few switch outs to keep my healers active. Didn't risk checking corpses, and there was no Sanctum.
Sadly, Anomaly 2 didn't go nearly as well. After a few normal fights, a group of Blobs brings down my Estas, as they've hit it faster, than I expected. The next group of Blobs took down everyone to critical HP at least, and I wasn't able to get enough healing in. Try to run away. But DoT effects killed me at that point. Combination of mistakes early on and bad luck killed this run. :x
I think I'm going to try out a similar character again, seeing if I can get the Dark build farther.
Code: Select all
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Dark as their starting element,
has earned a score of 1757,
is currently at Anomaly:2,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 6
MaxHP: 55

Magic   : 20
Vitality: 16
Agility : 10
Cunning : 19

Resist: Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Spite (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
5) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
6) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Bright Blood (Type: Healing, Passive. Increases natural HP regeneration and MaxHP recovery from earning experience by 200%.)
8) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)

Relic Upgrades:
Capacity Up II (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 5 at once.)
Translator (Reduces the cost of using Copy Ability on yourself by 50%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)

Inventory:
1 Chakra gem
1 Heal gem
2 Chakra stone
2 Heal stone

Brands:
Sh-Fl (Lv.1)
  Last Used: Impact
  Cunning: +7
Ri-In-Ev (Lv.1)
  Base Agility is 25 or more
  Max SP: +10
Sh (Lv.1)
  Cunning: +5
Ri-So (Lv.2)
  Is an Unmodified Demon
  SP Costs: -23%
Wa-Wa (Lv.2)
  Remove Weak: Elec
  Remove Weak: Mind
In-Ra-Cl (Lv.2)
  Agility: -5
  Speed: +9%
  Max SP: +9
Mi (Lv.2)
  Strength: +5
Ri-Tra-Pa (Lv.3)
  Level is 13 or higher
  HP equal to MaxHP
  SP Costs: -39%
Co-Ri-Vu (Lv.3)
  Weak: Elec
  SP Costs: -2
Po-Ra-Na-Ab (Lv.3)
  No Matter abilities
  Cunning: -3
  Speed: +11%
  Magic: +6
Ra-Vu-So (Lv.3)
  Is a Demon
  Weak: Light
  Speed: +18%
Qu (Lv.4)
  Agility: +6

Current Credits: 878

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 146 / 169 (86% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        2          0          0          6*         0         
Impact       1          0          0          6*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          6*         0         
Fire         1          0          2          3*         1         
Ice          0          0          1          4*         1         
Electricity  0          0          1          4*         1         
Body         0          0          1          3*         2         
Mind         1          0          1          5*         0         
Matter       1          0          0          6*         0         
Light        3          1          2          1          2*         
Dark         1*         0          2*         1          3         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Homunculus
MaxHP: 45

Strength: 14
Magic   : 14
Agility : 14

Resist: Body Mind
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
5) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Estas
MaxHP: 36

Strength: 12
Magic   : 25
Vitality: 6
Agility : 21

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Electricity

Soul Brand:
Po-Fr (Lv.3)
  Vitality: -3
  Magic: +7

Abilities Known:
1) Ember Dive (Type: Slash, 25 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Ignites the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Charge (4))
2) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Flash Burn (Type: Fire, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Normalizing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Fire, Ice, and Electricity status effects (except Shock) by 0.5 turns.)
5) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Dryad
MaxHP: 44

Magic   : 20
Vitality: 15
Agility : 18

Resist: Electricity Light
Weak  : Fire Body Dark

Soul Brand:
Po-Tra (Lv.3)
  HP equal to MaxHP

Abilities Known:
1) Punish (Type: Light, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was a damaging ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (6))
2) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 2 turns. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
4) Squeeze (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.) Cannot miss.)
5) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kasha
MaxHP: 37

Magic   : 13
Vitality: 12
Agility : 18
Cunning : 17

Resist: Fire Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Soul Brand:
Du-We-Tir (Lv.3)
  SP equal to or less than 50
  Strength: -3
  Vitality: +10

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Easg saint
MaxHP: 36

Magic   : 21
Vitality: 8
Agility : 20

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Soul Brand:
Po-Tra (Lv.3)
  HP equal to MaxHP

Abilities Known:
1) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Your dryad begins to melt!
 The ruhin gestures at the blob.
 The blob will be more evasive longer!
 Your dryad hits the blob.
 It isn't very effective. Your dryad is poisoned!
 The blob drains your dryad.
 The blob looks healthier.
 Using Flash Heal...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute, Escape to
 cancel.
 You gesture at your dryad.
 Your dryad looks healthier.
 Using Summon...
 cancel.
 Really summon a critically injured ally during
 combat? (Y or N)
 You summon your kasha!
 The ruhin feels less guilty.
 The blob can move freely again.
 The blob drains your dryad.
 Your dryad entangles the blob.
 It's super effective!
 The blob's accuracy returns to normal.
 You are no longer melting.
 Some of your allies are in danger!
 Using Dismiss...
 Nevermind then.
 Using Dismiss...
 You unsummon your dryad!
 Your kasha gestures at the blob.
 The blob looks guilty!
 The blob touches you.
 You begin to melt!
 The blob looks more accurate!
 The blob drains you. The blob looks healthier.
 You and one of your allies are in danger!
 Using Spite...
 cancel.
 You smite the blob.
 The blob stumbles.
 You feel refreshed. You feel better.
 You are badly poisoned!
 You feel like you will be vulnerable longer!
 Your kasha gestures at the ruhin.
 The ruhin looks guilty!
 Your easg saint is no longer melting.
 Your easg saint's defense returns to normal.
 Your easg saint is no longer badly poisoned.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 The blob drains you.
 Using Flash Heal...
 cancel.
 You gesture at yourself. You feel better.
 Using heal gem...
 Heal Gem can only be centered on yourself. Press
 Enter to execute, Escape to cancel.
 You use the heal gem. You feel better.
 Your kasha looks healthier.
 The ruhin gestures at itself.
 The ruhin looks more accurate!
 Your kasha misses the blob.
 The blob touches your kasha.
 Your kasha begins to melt!
 Your kasha sears the blob.
 It's super effective!
 Using Spite...
 cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Dismiss...
 You unsummon your kasha!
 Your dryad is no longer melting.
 The ruhin gestures at itself.
 The ruhin will be more evasive longer!
 Your dryad is no longer poisoned.
 The blob drains you.
 The blob drains you.
 There is a warp to Anomaly:3 here. Press 'p',
 '<', or '>' to change levels.
 The blob will be more accurate longer!
 You die...
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat May 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Estas are generally pretty kind-hearted, reflective of their mythological background. :)

Sorry this build didn't work out, but I'm interested to see how a second attempt at it fares, hopefully with less bad luck :D Thanks for the report, and good luck on the next run!
Ferret

Previous

Return to General Discussion