Brand Build Testing

The tower awaits!

Re: Brand Build Testing

Postby Ferret » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:14 am

Ah, ok. :) Stat penalties yielding too much bonus for the impact may get addressed in the re-balancing I'm doing for the next build: I may also address it from the other side and have those bonuses have less impact on certain Brand modifiers too though. It'll depend on what I end up thinking the problem is :D

Hmm.. I don't think I want to go down the road of giving extra bonus for "mismatches". Most mismatches are fairly easy to nudge a demon into taking advantage of. There would probably also be disagreements on what is a mismatch and should be rewarded, and what isn't. Unless something very glaring pops up, I think I'll have the Brands play things as they fall for now. Something else to remember is that there are currently more Brands available, and more easily, than will necessarily be the case in the release build for Brands: those "mismatched" Brands will become more valuable simply because you can't be certain you'll find a "perfect" version, or even a better one, that gives the same type of effect.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:57 pm

Wow. :o The "two Brands spawning on the same space" bug was in some very old code: it wasn't specific to Brands, it was about Items in general.

I was in fact, trying to check to make sure there were no Portals or Items on at a spawnPosition before spawning an Item (including Brands) there... but this check was being foiled by the fact that a spawnPosition actually includes a 3x3 sqauare so that it can handle group spawning used by enemies, the spawnPosition I was checking is only the center position.

What this means is that, if I had an Item at say, (3,5), and I checked (3,5), it'd come back as a bad spawn. But if I checked (3,6), (3,6) could come back as valid... and then decide to put it in (3,5) anyway. In essence, I was checking one step too early. But I've apparently been doing it wrong since the first Items were added to the game, making this a very old bug indeed. :)

Thanks again for the report!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:58 am

Saw a level 1 brand with “no passive abilities” condition and “-26% Sp costs” and “-1 cunning”. That might be a bit much. I'm not quite sure – Tormentor + Ritualist would save more SP, and Lifeweaver and Blessweaver are roughly the same. It would also be blocked by great abilities like Bloodthirst, Vigorous and Warmth. However, it still slows Auras and reactives, and not having the earlier mentioned passives gives you more slots to fit these in. I don't think it's too bad, but it is something to watch out for. If there is a problem, then it's caused by “no passive abilities” giving too many extra benefits.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Thu May 02, 2019 1:05 am

-SP% Costs already got the stuffing nerfed out of it in upcoming build #8. :D Also, very high "boon bonus" %s given by negative modifiers/restrictions have diminishing returns now, so that would also help I think.

That may cause that Brand you mentioned to end up fairly iffy, but on the other hand, it IS a Level 1 Brand, something you'd find long before you actually had access to a great many useful passives. :)
Ferret

Postby Tchey » Sun May 26, 2019 12:29 pm

Hello !

Away from Demon for some time, where can i read a summary about this "Brand Build" ? What is it about ?

Thanks, sorry if i've missed something.
* Mon blog indécent sur les jeux indé... Jeux1d100.net *
Tchey

Postby Ferret » Sun May 26, 2019 1:21 pm

There was a probably a blog post awhile ago, but without digging that up, the short version is that the Brand Builds are a series of test builds for testing out Brands, a new feature I'm working for Demon.

Brands are a new type of item you find and collect in the Tower. Each Brand has a procedurally generated series of bonuses it can provide to a character... but also penalties that must be accepted, and restrictions that must be met. Once you find a Brand, you can Apply it to a character to apply the bonuses and penalties on the Brand to that character provided the restrictions are met.

Of course, your enemies use Brands as well: free roaming demons use whatever Brands spawned on that floor, but demons controlled by enemy summoners will use a wide variety of Brands you may not have seen yet.

Beyond that, the best way to see what it's about is to give it a try yourself. :D
Ferret

Postby donothero » Mon May 27, 2019 6:27 am

The new Ra(speedup) rune is impressively strong.
I dumped speedup onto a posse of melee leadership and status and whirled my way to the end in my first run.
By the exact same token, I pretty much ditched any demon that came with a speeddown, and never so much as considered a speeddown rune.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 5/26/2019, Scoring Model: 3/10/2019
Dump file created at: 5/26/2019 11:11:27 PM

Summoner DONOTHERO...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Healing as their starting element,
has earned a score of 72708,
is currently at Tower:23,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : DONOTHERO
Level: 33
MaxHP: 111
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 15
Magic   : 165
Vitality: 15
Agility : 15
Cunning : 10

Immune: Body
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Light

Soul Brand:
Ra (Lv.3)
  Speed: +10%

Abilities Known:
1) Chain Lightning (Type: Electricity, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
2) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
3) Mind Howl (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 55 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
4) Agony (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies without the Agony status effect. 70 Power attack. Applies Agony. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
5) Sprint (Type: None, 25 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (10))
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
8) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding status effects and reactions).)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Capacity Up II (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 8 at once.)

Inventory:
3 Zephyr card
5 Venom rune
1 Night rune
5 Frost glyph
3 Heal gem
1 Heart glyph
16 Heal stone
1 Trouble chime
3 Pain glyph
14 Pure stone
4 Pure gem
2 Bronze offering
5 Chakra gem
1 Magic map
1 Gold offering
1 Guardian gem
1 Curse rune
6 Chakra stone
1 Red essence
1 Flame glyph
1 Silver offering
1 Calm card
1 Purple essence
1 Mirror chime
2 Peace offering
2 Ghost chime
1 Blizzard rune
1 Bolt glyph

Brands:
Ri-Ex-Ab (Lv.3)
  No Healing abilities
  Max SP: -20
  SP Costs: -21%
Ra-In-Na (Lv.6)
  Cunning: -7
  Max SP: +11
Du-Ri-Fa (Lv.11)
  SP per Turn: -2.0
  SP Costs: -15%
  Vitality: +10
Ra-Rel (Lv.11)
  No base SP cost above 5
  Speed: +21%
Sa-Ra-Rel (Lv.13)
  No base SP cost above 20
  HP per Turn: +0.5% of MaxHP
Ra-Cl (Lv.14)
  Agility: -5
  Speed: +14%
Ri-Im (Lv.19)
  Magic: -7
  SP Costs: -20%
Ra-We (Lv.20)
  Strength: -7
  Speed: +15%
Wa-Du (Lv.26)
  Vitality: +11
  Remove Weak: Light
Ri-Ra-Rel (Lv.27)
  No base SP cost above 15
  SP Costs: -19%
In-Ef-We (Lv.28)
  Strength: -37
  SP per Turn: +1.8
  Max SP: +25
Ra (Lv.31)
  Speed: +16%

Current Credits: 49412

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 48 / 154 (31% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        1          0          1          8*         0         
Impact       2          0          3          6*         0         
Pierce       2          0          1          8*         0         
Fire         1          1          0          6*         2         
Ice          1*         0          2          5*         2         
Electricity  1*         0          1          7*         1         
Body         0          1*         0          5          3         
Mind         2*         0          1          6*         2         
Matter       1          0          2          5*         2         
Light        1          3          0          4          2*         
Dark         1*         0          2*         4          3         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Whirling Shoggoth
Level: 29
MaxHP: 116

Strength: 51
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 43
Agility : 46
Cunning : 38

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind Matter

Soul Brand:
Sa-Ra-Rel (Lv.13)
  No base SP cost above 20

Abilities Known:
1) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
2) Crippler (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt.)
3) Accursed (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Pariah, causing the target's allies to take damage when the target does (excluding reactions).)
4) Terrifying (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
5) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
6) Filthy Needle (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
7) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
8) Petrifying (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 10% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Harden, which quickly turns the target(s) to Stone.)

Name : Foul Alicanto
Level: 27
MaxHP: 119

Strength: 29
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 44
Agility : 11
Cunning : 91

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Matter
Weak  : Electricity

Soul Brand:
Sh (Lv.15)
  Cunning: +12

Abilities Known:
1) Bright Flash (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 35% chance to inflict Blind, which reduces sight radius to 1 and also reduces accuracy and evasion by 50%.)
2) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
3) Expose Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
4) Wither (Type: Debuff, 30 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense and accuracy by 20%.)
5) Terrifying Cry (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))
6) Lucky Aid (Type: Healing, 0 SP. One effect chosen at random for the target: Heal 50% HP (unaffected by your Magic bonus), restores 50 SP, or removes all negative status effects. Cooldown: Luck (3))
7) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents who are at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
8) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)

Name : Unicorn
Level: 31
MaxHP: 117
MaxSP: 126

Strength: 36
Magic   : 42
Vitality: 40
Agility : 36
Cunning : 32

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Soul Brand:
In-Im (Lv.20)
  Magic: -14
  Max SP: +26

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
2) Panacea (Type: Healing, 30 SP. Removes all negative status effects.)
3) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
4) Vigorous Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, restores 1 SP to you and all visible allies.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Guarding Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases base SP regeneration by 50%.)

Name : Fearsome Demas
MaxHP: 112

Strength: 15
Magic   : 83
Vitality: 36
Agility : 25
Cunning : 31

Immune: Fire
Resist: Electricity Matter
Weak  : Ice

Soul Brand:
Ra (Lv.31)
  Speed: +16%

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Orb (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
3) Pyrokinesis (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited character. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
4) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
5) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
6) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
7) Haste (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Improves speed by 33%.)
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases base SP regeneration by 50%.)

Name : Shoggoth
MaxHP: 120

Strength: 48
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 53
Agility : 30
Cunning : 38

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind Matter

Soul Brand:
Co-We (Lv.17)
  Strength: -6
  SP Costs: -3

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
6) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
7) Witch Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt by 50%.)
8) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)

Name : Lifebender Unicorn
Level: 30
MaxHP: 136

Strength: 1
Magic   : 63
Vitality: 51
Agility : 28
Cunning : 25

Soul Brand:
Ra-We (Lv.26)
  Strength: -35
  Speed: +23%

Abilities Known:
3) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
4) Vigorous Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, restores 1 SP to you and all visible allies.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Guarding Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
7) Life Pulse (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Only affects allies. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
8) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)

Name : Incubus
Level: 33
MaxHP: 122

Strength: 29
Magic   : 34
Vitality: 42
Agility : 46
Cunning : 59

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Soul Brand:
Ri-Ra-Rel (Lv.27)
  No base SP cost above 15
  SP Costs: -19%

Abilities Known:
1) Love Tap (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 35% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies.)
2) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 10% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)
3) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 10% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
4) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
5) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
6) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
7) Bright Blood (Type: Healing, Passive. Increases natural HP regeneration and MaxHP recovery from earning experience by 200%.)
8) Warning Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))

MaxHP: 111
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 34
Magic   : 54
Vitality: 38
Agility : 34
Cunning : 1

Soul Brand:
In-Ri-Na (Lv.27)
  Cunning: -36

Abilities Known:
1) Panacea (Type: Healing, 30 SP. Removes all negative status effects.)
2) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
3) Vigorous Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, restores 1 SP to you and all visible allies.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Lunar Nova (Type: Light, 40 SP. Attenuated 55 Power attack, enemies only. Attenuated 80 Power heal, allies only.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Your shoggoth looks protected!
 Your unicorn shouts a hunter's call.
 Your unicorn looks more powerful! (x2)
 You feel more powerful!
 Your shoggoth looks more powerful!
 Your unicorn looks more accurate! (x2)
 You feel more accurate!
 Your shoggoth looks more accurate!
 This will cause your current link attempt to
 fail! Proceed? (Y or N)
 Alright then.
 You swap places with your unicorn.
 You swap places with your unicorn.
 There is a corpse here. You can press 'g' to
 search the corpse.
 Your unicorn shouts a guarding cry.
 Your unicorn will be protected longer! (x2)
 Your shoggoth will be protected longer!
 Your defense returns to normal.
 The abatwa joins your party!!
 Abatwa was added to your shared Codex Daemonium.
 You have too many allies and must delete one.
 Really delete Abatwa? (Y or N)
 You delete your abatwa!
 You recycle your abatwa!
 Your relic absorbs 1658 C.
 Your unicorn meditates.
 Your unicorn looks refreshed.
 There is a corpse here. You can press 'g' to
 search the corpse.
 You search the corpse...
 You manage to extract an ability from the damaged
 relic!
 You can learn Burning Vapor. Accept? (Y or N)
 Your accuracy returns to normal.
 Your power returns to normal.
 Your unicorn's accuracy returns to normal.
 Your unicorn's power returns to normal.
 Your shoggoth's accuracy returns to normal.
 Your shoggoth's power returns to normal.
 Your unicorn's accuracy returns to normal.
 Your unicorn's power returns to normal.
 Your unicorn's defense returns to normal.
 Your shoggoth's defense returns to normal.
 Your unicorn's defense returns to normal.
 There is a shimmering portal to Victory here.
 Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change levels.
 There is nothing on the ground to interact with.
 There doesn't seem to be anything of further
 interest in this level.

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Level: 21
MaxHP: 88

Strength: 27
Magic   : 42
Vitality: 30
Agility : 27
Cunning : 24

Soul Brand:
Ef-Fr-Tir (Lv.27)
  SP equal to or less than 50
  Vitality: -36
  SP per Turn: +3.1

Abilities Known:
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Miodchaoin
Level: 24
MaxHP: 114

Strength: 60
Magic   : 20
Vitality: 47
Agility : 19
Cunning : 19

Resist: Body Matter
Weak  : Mind

Soul Brand:
Sa-Ra-Rel (Lv.13)
  No base SP cost above 20

Abilities Known:
1) Mighty Roar (Type: Impact, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 50% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Breath (6))
2) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 30 SP and resets your Breath and Charge cooldowns. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (4))
3) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by attacking them with a drain that heals you for 25% of their maximum HP.)
4) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding status effects and reactions).)
5) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite, Poison, or Melting damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (6))
7) Witch Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt by 50%.)
8) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))

Name : Leib-olmai
Level: 30
MaxHP: 107

Strength: 68
Magic   : 37
Vitality: 45
Agility : 30
Cunning : 15

Resist: Ice Body Mind Matter
Weak  : Fire

Soul Brand:
Ef-Ab (Lv.29)
  No Mind abilities
  SP per Turn: +2.3

Abilities Known:
1) Rend Asunder (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Life Pulse (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Only affects allies. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
4) Calming Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 105

Strength: 32
Magic   : 51
Agility : 32

Soul Brand:
In-Ri-Na (Lv.27)

Abilities Known:
6) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Lunar Nova (Type: Light, 40 SP. Attenuated 55 Power attack, enemies only. Attenuated 80 Power heal, allies only.)
8) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Name : Hunter Oni
Level: 24
MaxHP: 101

Strength: 51
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 35
Agility : 35
Cunning : 45

Resist: Fire Body Dark Matter
Weak  : Electricity Light

Soul Brand:
Sh (Lv.14)
  Cunning: +11

Abilities Known:
1) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding status effects and reactions).)
2) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Poison Needle (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Vehemence (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly raises accuracy and offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Petrifying (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 10% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Harden, which quickly turns the target(s) to Stone.)
8) Massacre (Type: Slash, 25 SP. 130 Power attack, if the damage would be fatal. Otherwise, 70 Power attack.)

MaxHP: 105

Strength: 32
Magic   : 51
Agility : 32

Soul Brand:
In-Ri-Na (Lv.27)

Abilities Known:
6) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Lunar Nova (Type: Light, 40 SP. Attenuated 55 Power attack, enemies only. Attenuated 80 Power heal, allies only.)
8) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Name : Virtue
Level: 32
MaxHP: 100

Strength: 16
Magic   : 114
Vitality: 16
Agility : 24
Cunning : 63

Resist: Fire Electricity Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Soul Brand:
Po-Sh (Lv.32)
  Cunning: +14
  Magic: +14

Abilities Known:
1) Repair Flesh (Type: Healing, 30 SP. 130 Power heal.)
2) Grace (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Improves accuracy and evasion by 25%.)
3) Vitae (Type: Healing, 40 SP. Only affects allies. Removes all negative status changes, then applies a 150 Power heal. Cooldown: Miracle (1))
4) Lux (Type: Light, 40 SP. Only affects enemies. Has a 70% chance to apply Guilt, and a 50% chance to apply Mute, followed by an 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Miracle (1))
5) Channeler (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of abilities with the Miracle cooldown to 0, and reduces Miracle cooldowns by 50%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Abatwa
Level: 31
MaxHP: 143

Strength: 28
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 75
Agility : 36
Cunning : 48

Resist: Electricity Mind
Weak  : Fire Ice Body Matter

Soul Brand:
Du-Cl-Pl (Lv.31)
  No reactive or aura abilities
  Agility: -20
  Vitality: +35

Abilities Known:
1) Poison Needle (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

donothero

Postby donothero » Mon May 27, 2019 6:30 am

Weakness removal and resistance was also pretty interesting, and I saw only one instance of an immunity rune for the run.
donothero

Postby Ferret » Tue May 28, 2019 11:32 pm

Congrats on the quick win in the new test build :D

I suspected Speed Brands might need some tweaking: both on the positive ones, and on making the negative ones rewarding enough to tolerate. You didn't mention HP Regen, but those probably need some work too. :)

Immunity Brands are very rare: a Brand has to be very high level and/or have very heavy penalty/requirement/condition modifiers to be able to have one.

Thanks for the playtesting report, and congrats again!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Thu May 30, 2019 2:27 pm

I think it might be a good idea to prevent brand assignment AI from making stuff like Zombies with 1 strength. Yes, I've seen that happen.
Also, I think I saw Restore Saver in the upgrade menu. Is it supposed to be there?
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion