RNG is a fickle god

The tower awaits!

Re: RNG is a fickle god

Postby SummerSnowman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:25 am

The kingdom's luck continues... with two OOD demons in Anomaly: 1.

Gee, I wonder what that could be. Already killed Zaji, encountered a Nuppeppo, so maybe Shoggoth?

Nope, it's a Nokken! Good thing too, since I do need the damage for a Nuppeppo. I even had a Fotia ready with Flame Dart for good damages.

Oh...you want me to sacrifice something? Okay, here's an Ogre. Again? Alright, take a Fotia. Again?!?! Fine, have a Will-O-Wisp. Oh, now it wants ANOTHER SACRIFICE :evil: :evil: so I give it my Carbuncle. Finally, it takes some health! But... it also wants me to kill my Solid Goblin and my Friar Rush. I do it with great apprehension.

I do manage to secure the Nuppeppo by getting into this position, using a flame glyph, then a chakra stone on Nokken, then a chakra gem. But I'm thinking that the Nokken might have been a bad choice, since Fotia probably does the same damage (70 fire vs 55 matter + 20 resist body) and I don't have to lose good fusion materials/skills.
SummerSnowman

Postby Ferret » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:22 pm

Adding some OODs to the Glitch Sanctum isn't a bad idea. :D I'll see if I can think of some way to make them feel less tedious to fight without losing their unique mechanic.

Charm is arguably the most powerful negative status effect there is. It may not last as long as Stone, or be as easy to land as Sleep or Panic, but the immediate 2 actions/turn swing in your favor is huge.

I'll nerf Gaudium again if I must, but reluctant to do so super rapidly. :) I'll keep an eye on it for a bit longer before deciding.

That Nokken was hungry. :D OODs are fun to find, but without an Offering some of them can be quite demanding. :) Though, I wonder how much of a rebellion I'd have on my hands if I nerfed Offering drop rates. Hm..

Anyway, good luck with the rest of Anomaly, and thanks for the reports!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:56 pm

Stuff like this is the reason negotiations with anything that's not a light demon make me paranoid.
If recruiting OODs with offeringsstats being to powerful, then a potential solution is to make it so that they are less likely to spawn if you have offerings. It shouldn't hurt anyone who has normal OOD luck. I feel a bit evil for suggesting that.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:53 am

Saler wrote:Stuff like this is the reason negotiations with anything that's not a light demon make me paranoid.

:D
Ferret

Postby SummerSnowman » Tue May 28, 2019 6:40 am

It's been a while, but I managed to finish up my game (Build 7) from last month, with good results.

From what it looks like, the new build will have some very scary enemies with +speed brands. Imagine an Ooze with 165% speed and a higher magic from the brand. A pack of these would certainly melt my team much faster than normal and is something dangerous to watch out for.

I didn't use many useful brands, which does handicap my party but not enough for it to significantly hamper their strength. The most useful brand was Empire's -SP% cost brand, again.

:roll: Forgot to get an image of my character, but I do have the skills. I listed the stats here for convenience:

Name : Empire
Level: 36
MaxHP: 164
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 10
Magic : 75
Vitality: 43
Agility : 57
Cunning : 50

Soul Brand:
Qu-Ri-Fr (Lv.26)
Vitality: -17
SP Costs: -29%
Agility: +22

The plan was to create a shock-based build, but it was pretty ineffective with Storm Strike. The damage was decent when it hit, but it was very unreliable with that 70% miss chance :x . In fact, 20-25 agility seemed to hit more than that with Chain Lightning. Shock chances were also quite low due to the miss chance and the lack of Full Power with the use of Battle Cry. Didn't try Ball Lightning but I probably would have if I got the chance to get that ability for +15% hit chance on these shock abilities. Reshape was very good for survivability, and Battle Cry good for damage. Heal Wounds let me be useful when there was an immune enemy, but my Chain Lightning still let me do good damage to electric resistant demons. Vigorous Aura made my Battle Cry a bit more effective, reducing the downtime on my Full Power. -SP% cost was essential to shock spam. Bolt Chain didn't seem that effective, with very few shocks and low damage that was eclipsed by my other demon's damage. It should probably be replaced with Stormfront, Tireless, or Dragon Soul for more shock chances. :geek:

I found this Nuppeppo in the early game as stated in my previous post. I think that I quickly acquired this skill set before Tower:10? Don't remember, but it definitely carried me through half the tower with its high charm rates, Healing Factor, and quick cooldown refreshes with Evil Grin. I also gave it good Veil Tank abilities to complement its natural tankiness and high Cunning. Again, my favorite OOD demon by far, but I haven't tried them as a natural recruit yet. :D

Found this Shojo early and made it Fearsome really late. It seemed better to prioritize its healing (20% boost) over the cunning Alluring Gaze, but it did run out of energy once when I was charmed, which was frightening. Mending Pulse was an extremely good ability that could fully heal my party from half.

Titanic Bigfoot was definitely better than normal Bigfoot, with a much higher tankiness against enemies like Jotunn and Powers. Bloodthirst also seemed to be a good skill to keep it in fights for longer, and seemed to save him when he reached yellow health. However, he still did die in the second ghost chime fight to Lich Touches.

This was a useful demon I got from my ghost Renegade. I got rid of its useless Dragon Soul and bad Frost Ward, replacing it with a powerful Aqua Regia and a very useful Vigorous Aura. Two of these Auras seemed to extend my Chain Lightning usages by a big amount, especially with my brand. Flame Blast was certainly powerful, and so was Frost Ring against certain enemies. I observed that Flame Blast was prioritized over Lightning Bolt because of its extra strength (100 beats out 70 * 1.25 weakness multiplier) but not when it's out of range. Frost Ring was also used to attack an Ice weak enemy even when an adjacent enemy was resistant. :ugeek:

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 4/6/2019, Scoring Model: 3/10/2019
Dump file created at: 5/27/2019 11:11:09 PM

Summoner Empire...
was chosen by the Crown of Glory,
selected Healing as their starting element,
has earned a score of 255343 (presently on cycle 3),
is currently at Tower:23,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Empire
MaxHP: 164

Strength: 10
Magic   : 75
Agility : 57
Cunning : 50

Resist: Body
Weak  : Dark

Soul Brand:
Qu-Ri-Fr (Lv.26)

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
2) Chain Lightning (Type: Electricity, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
3) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (6))
4) Battle Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
5) Full Power (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 200% of the original chance when your SP is 100 or higher. (This is checked before casting costs are deducted.))
6) Bolt Chain (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also inflicts a 55 Power attack on and has a 10% chance to Shock an adjacent enemy; this attack cannot miss. Shock applied by Bolt Chain cannot trigger Bolt Chain.)
7) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)
8) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)

Relic Upgrades:
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)
Capacity Up IV (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 10 at once.)

Inventory:
1 Blizzard rune
2 Wind card
3 Zephyr card
2 Heart glyph
1 Might gem
2 Night rune
1 Heal gem
4 Chakra stone
1 Meteor rune
16 Heal stone
1 Peace offering
3 Pain glyph
9 Pure stone
1 Chakra gem
4 Calm card
1 Orange essence

Brands:
Du-Po-Na-Tir-Lif (Lv.7)
  Base Strength is 16 or more
  SP equal to or less than 50
  Cunning: -4
  Magic: +16
  Vitality: +16
Ri-Fr-Lif (Lv.9)
  Base Strength is 18 or more
  Vitality: -9
  SP Costs: -31%
Qu-Ri-We-Tra (Lv.11)
  HP equal to MaxHP
  Strength: -3
  SP Costs: -27%
  Agility: +18
Ri-Sur (Lv.18)
  Base Vitality is 67 or more
  SP Costs: -27%
Mi-Cl-Da-Ac (Lv.19)
  No passive abilities
  Last Used: Movement
  Agility: -14
  Strength: +79
Ri-We (Lv.21)
  Strength: -15
  SP Costs: -38%
Ri-Im-Tra (Lv.23)
  HP equal to MaxHP
  Magic: -9
  SP Costs: -67%
Qu-Ri-Fr (Lv.26)
In-Cl-Ab (Lv.27)
  No Healing abilities
  Agility: -18
  Max SP: +65
Mi-Qu-Ex-Ac (Lv.28)
  No passive abilities
  Max SP: -50
  Agility: +50
  Strength: +50
In-Sh-Ou (Lv.28)
  Base Cunning is 55 or more
  Cunning: +16
  Max SP: +20
Du-Ex-Sur (Lv.32)
  Base Vitality is 41 or more
  Max SP: -35
  Vitality: +38

Current Credits: 13800

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        0          0          2          9*         0         
Impact       4          0          3          8*         0         
Pierce       3          0          2          9*         0         
Fire         1          0          2          7*         2         
Ice          2          0          4          5*         2         
Electricity  2*         0          0          7*         4         
Body         0          0          6*         5          0         
Mind         4          2          5          4*         0         
Matter       1          0          3          6*         2         
Light        1          2          0          6*         3         
Dark         0          1          2          5          3*         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Nokken
Level: 32
MaxHP: 118

Strength: 37
Magic   : 46
Vitality: 33
Agility : 45
Cunning : 53

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Electricity Matter

Soul Brand:
Po-Pl (Lv.4)
  No reactive or aura abilities
  Magic: +9

Abilities Known:
1) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
2) Guarding Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
3) Frost Ring (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
4) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Emit Sol (Type: Light, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
6) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (6))
7) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))
8) Haste (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Improves speed by 33%.)

Name : Mindbender Nuppeppo
Level: 34
MaxHP: 148

Strength: 24
Magic   : 35
Vitality: 77
Agility : 13
Cunning : 66

Immune: Mind
Resist: Impact Ice Body
Weak  : Fire Matter

Soul Brand:
Du-Na-Tir-Lif (Lv.6)
  Base Strength is 15 or more
  Cunning: -7
  Vitality: +23

Abilities Known:
1) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents who are at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
4) Bright Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 10% chance to Blind adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which reduces sight radius to 1 and also reduces accuracy and evasion by 50%.)
5) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
6) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
7) Evil Grin (Type: Mind, 5 SP. Can be used while Muted. 70% chance to delay the next turn of the target. Reduces your Presence cooldown by 2 turns.)
8) Judge's Veil (Type: Light, Reactive. 35% chance to inflict Guilt on adjacent characters that deal damage to you, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)

Name : Hunter Oni
Level: 30
MaxHP: 120

Strength: 60
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 41
Agility : 41
Cunning : 41

Resist: Fire Body Dark Matter
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Double Impact (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Impact attacks.)
2) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding status effects and reactions).)
3) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
4) Accursed (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Pariah, causing the target's allies to take damage when the target does (excluding reactions).)
5) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
6) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee, Beam, or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
7) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
8) Blinding (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 10% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Blind, which reduces sight radius to 1 and also reduces accuracy and evasion by 50%.)

Name : Fearsome Shojo
MaxHP: 141

Strength: 30
Magic   : 92
Agility : 18
Cunning : 42

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity

Soul Brand:
Mi-Tir-Ab (Lv.18)
  No Debuff abilities
  Strength: +23

Abilities Known:
1) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
2) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
3) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
4) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Mending Pulse (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects wounded allies who are not Mended. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
8) Soothe Host (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects characters whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)

Name : Brewmaster Unicorn
Level: 31

Strength: 29
Magic   : 73
Vitality: 38
Agility : 40

Immune: Light
Resist: Body Mind

Soul Brand:
Po-Qu (Lv.24)
  Agility: +11
  Magic: +11

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
2) Panacea (Type: Healing, 30 SP. Removes all negative status effects.)
3) Vigorous Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, restores 1 SP to you and all visible allies.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Mending Pulse (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects wounded allies who are not Mended. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
6) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases base SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)

Name : Titanic Bigfoot
Level: 40
MaxHP: 143

Strength: 112
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 57
Agility : 39
Cunning : 29

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Ice Matter
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Grand Slam (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Log Toss (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (6))
3) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
6) Petrifying (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 10% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Harden, which quickly turns the target(s) to Stone.)
7) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
8) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

Name : Maj. Power

Strength: 135
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 51
Agility : 36
Cunning : 14

Immune: Light
Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Mind Matter

Soul Brand:
Mi-Lim (Lv.25)
  SP Costs: +20%
  Strength: +25

Abilities Known:
1) Lethal Thrust (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 100 Power attack, enemies only.)
2) Rhino Charge (Type: Impact, 20 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Vehemence (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly raises accuracy and offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Overpower (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the chance of opponents Blocking, Dodging, or Parrying your attacks by half.)
5) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
6) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
7) Resolute (Type: Healing, Reactive. Reduces the remaining duration of each of your negative status effects by 20% of the current duration when damaged by attacks (excluding reactions). No effect on Shock, Stun, or Harden.)
8) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))

Name : Fearsome Mulassa
MaxHP: 141

Strength: 27
Magic   : 111
Vitality: 50
Agility : 24
Cunning : 24

Resist: Fire Body Mind
Weak  : Ice

Soul Brand:
Po (Lv.13)
  Magic: +11

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Blast (Type: Fire, 25 SP. 100 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Terrifying Cry (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))
3) Frost Ring (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
4) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
5) Lightning Bolt (Type: Electricity, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Vigorous Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, restores 1 SP to you and all visible allies.)
8) Aqua Regia (Type: Matter, 35 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)

Name : Slenderman
Level: 45
MaxHP: 126

Strength: 48
Magic   : 27
Agility : 76
Cunning : 76

Immune: Mind Dark
Resist: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Lifesteal Bite (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Wraith Strike (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 85 Power attack.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Terrifying (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
5) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
6) Afflicter (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP for applying a new Body, Mind, Matter, Light, Dark, or Debuff status effect. (Poison or Held stacking does not count as a new effect.))
7) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by attacking them with a drain that heals you for 10% of their maximum HP.)
8) Bright Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 10% chance to Blind adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which reduces sight radius to 1 and also reduces accuracy and evasion by 50%.)

Name : Hunter Incubus
Level: 31
MaxHP: 124
MaxSP: 132

Strength: 29
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 32
Agility : 52
Cunning : 62

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Soul Brand:
In-Im (Lv.22)
  Magic: -9
  Max SP: +32

Abilities Known:
1) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 10% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)
2) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 10% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
3) Petrifying (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 10% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Harden, which quickly turns the target(s) to Stone.)
4) Crippler (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt.)
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
6) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
7) Numbing Needle (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
8) Blinding (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 10% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Blind, which reduces sight radius to 1 and also reduces accuracy and evasion by 50%.)

--==== Recent Messages ====--

The ruler looks healthier.
 Your mulassa bites the ruler.
 Slenderman hits the ruler.
 You are no longer chilled.
 Your shojo is no longer chilled.
 Slenderman is no longer chilled.
 Your mulassa is no longer chilled.
 Slenderman is no longer regenerating.
 Using Chain Lightning...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute, Escape to
 cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 You hit the ruler.
 You kill the ruler!!
 Your power reaches Level 36!
 Slenderman siphons the soul of the ruler.
 It's super effective!
 Your shojo meditates.
 Your shojo looks refreshed.
 Your power returns to normal.
 Your shojo's power returns to normal.
 Slenderman's power returns to normal.
 Your mulassa's power returns to normal.
 You begin resting.
 You gesture at your mulassa.
 Your mulassa looks healthier.
 Your shojo meditates.
 Your shojo looks refreshed.
 You gesture at your mulassa.
 Your mulassa looks healthier.
 Your shojo can speak again.
 Your shojo gestures at you.
 You begin to regenerate!
 Your shojo is no longer regenerating.
 Slenderman's defense returns to normal.
 You are no longer regenerating.
 Rest complete, but you must defeat enemies to
 restore your allies' missing Maximum HP.
 Your game has been saved.
 You may press shift + Q to quit the game and
 resume where you left off later.
 Your game has been saved.
 You may press shift + Q to quit the game and
 resume where you left off later.
 There is a shimmering portal to Victory here.
 Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change levels.
 Really win the game and start a new cycle? (Y or
 N)
 You win!

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Hunter Oni
Level: 24
MaxHP: 101

Strength: 51
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 35
Agility : 35
Cunning : 45

Soul Brand:
Sh (Lv.14)
  Cunning: +11

Abilities Known:
1) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding status effects and reactions).)
2) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Poison Needle (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Vehemence (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly raises accuracy and offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Petrifying (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 10% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Harden, which quickly turns the target(s) to Stone.)
8) Massacre (Type: Slash, 25 SP. 130 Power attack, if the damage would be fatal. Otherwise, 70 Power attack.)

Name : Headless
Level: 19
MaxHP: 119

Strength: 34
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 57
Agility : 24
Cunning : 19

Resist: Ice Body

Soul Brand:
Qu (Lv.2)
  Agility: +5

Abilities Known:
1) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))
2) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (6))
3) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
4) Resolute (Type: Healing, Reactive. Reduces the remaining duration of each of your negative status effects by 20% of the current duration when damaged by attacks (excluding reactions). No effect on Shock, Stun, or Harden.)
5) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
6) Haste (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Improves speed by 33%.)
7) Petrifying (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 10% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Harden, which quickly turns the target(s) to Stone.)
8) Massacre (Type: Slash, 25 SP. 130 Power attack, if the damage would be fatal. Otherwise, 70 Power attack.)

Name : Python
Level: 22
MaxHP: 119

Strength: 41
Vitality: 53
Agility : 18
Cunning : 31

Resist: Slash Impact Electricity Body
Weak  : Fire Ice Matter

Soul Brand:
Du-Po-Na-Tir-Lif (Lv.7)
  Base Strength is 16 or more
  Cunning: -4
  Magic: +16
  Vitality: +16

Abilities Known:
1) Tangler (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
2) Tangling Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 35% chance to inflict Held on adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Acidic Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 35% chance to Melt adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time.)
6) Love Tap (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 35% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies.)
7) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))
8) Haste (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Improves speed by 33%.)

Name : Lifebender Umdhlebi
Level: 24
MaxHP: 128
MaxSP: 123

Strength: 16
Magic   : 32
Vitality: 62
Agility : 10
Cunning : 45

Immune: Mind
Resist: Electricity Matter

Soul Brand:
In (Lv.27)
  Max SP: +23

Abilities Known:
1) Envenom Host (Type: Body, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Acid Burst (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
5) Soothe Host (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects characters whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
6) Absolving Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Light and Dark status effects by 0.5 turns.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ionic Raiju
Level: 25
MaxHP: 84

Strength: 16
Magic   : 58
Vitality: 16
Agility : 46
Cunning : 47

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Fire
Weak  : Ice Mind

Soul Brand:
Sh-Fa-Fre (Lv.10)
  SP above 50
  SP per Turn: -1.0
  Cunning: +13

Abilities Known:
1) Ball Lightning (Type: Electricity, 35 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
2) Thunderous (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also has a 70% chance to delay the next turn of nearby enemies.)
3) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Full Power (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 200% of the original chance when your SP is 100 or higher. (This is checked before casting costs are deducted.))
5) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)
6) Bolt Chain (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also inflicts a 55 Power attack on and has a 10% chance to Shock an adjacent enemy; this attack cannot miss. Shock applied by Bolt Chain cannot trigger Bolt Chain.)
7) Eternal Glory (Type: Healing, Passive. Fully restores MaxHP and then HP when HP reaches 0. Cooldown: Soul (90))
8) Dragon Soul (Type: None, Passive. Your abilities that use your current SP to determine their effect use your maximum SP instead, if this would be to your benefit.)

Name : Oni
Level: 23
MaxHP: 93

Strength: 74
Vitality: 42
Agility : 26
Cunning : 25

Soul Brand:
Mi-Lim-Rel (Lv.17)
  No base SP cost above 20
  SP Costs: +10%
  Strength: +19

Abilities Known:
1) Shellbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
2) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Terrifying (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
4) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
5) Tangler (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
6) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
7) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
8) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))

Name : Eliminator Yuki-onna
Level: 28
MaxHP: 104

Strength: 24
Magic   : 60
Vitality: 24
Agility : 30
Cunning : 47

Immune: Ice Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Charge (4))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Aqua Regia (Type: Matter, 35 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
7) Bright Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 10% chance to Blind adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which reduces sight radius to 1 and also reduces accuracy and evasion by 50%.)
8) ------------

Name : Titanic Leib-olmai
Level: 30
MaxHP: 103

Strength: 77
Magic   : 30
Vitality: 44
Agility : 32
Cunning : 12

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Ice Body Mind Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Rend Asunder (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Life Pulse (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Only affects allies. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
4) Calming Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
6) Hurl Boulder (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 100 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (5))
7) Rhino Charge (Type: Impact, 20 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
8) ------------

Name : Fearsome Basilisk
Level: 32
MaxHP: 102

Strength: 11
Magic   : 81
Vitality: 16
Agility : 50

Resist: Electricity

Soul Brand:
Ri-Im (Lv.25)
  Magic: -5
  SP Costs: -28%

Abilities Known:
1) Lich Touch (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 100 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP.)
2) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
3) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
4) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents who are at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
6) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing, SP restoration, and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt or restore SP based on SP drained.)
8) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)

SummerSnowman

Postby Ferret » Thu May 30, 2019 12:36 am

Speed brands're definitely powerful. :) Maybe a bit too much... they're probably going to get tweaked a little before release :D

Looks like you went for a modified Jayle build. :D A bit less all in on Electricity, but that's probably for the best. :)

I think I said it fairly recently in a different thread, but Nyppeppos are one of my favorite demons too, gameplay wise. :D You've loaded yours up to emphasis its hybrid healer/staller role considerably, which I definitely approve of. :)

Titanic Bigfoot is pretty funny to imagine... that'd more or less be King Kong, give or take a few genetic codes, I guess? Bloodthirst definitely helps once you have Strength that high, even if it's the only self-healing you have.

Ice tends to get high evaluations, even versus Ice resistant targets, due to the utility of Chill and the fact it can't miss even versus Ice resistant targets. It's possible if the resistant target wasn't Chilled yet, or was very low health, it may have been higher evaluation even than the Ice weak one.

Congrats on another win, and thanks for the report! :D
Ferret

Previous

Return to General Discussion