Brand Build Testing

The tower awaits!

Re: Brand Build Testing

Postby Ferret » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:21 am

Found it, and yep, not new at all: nothing I've changed in the Brand build touched this stuff. :) Good find, and thank you, it'll be fixed in the next test build.
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:32 pm

Some random Brand Feedback
1- Overall I think they make the game a little easier.
2- SP reduction, whether flat amounts or percentage, might be undervalued in their generation. The skill SP reductions are really great, basically like an extra ability slot for Tormentor or similar, and they often didn't come with any significant drawbacks.
3- I got some use out of brands requiring MaxHP on healers and buffers- One that stands out in my mind was a +71 SP brand that required maxHP and maybe hurt agility a little too.
4- The brands that require MaxSP didn't get used, but I can see them being useful with Galvanize and Refresh setups.
5- The current rate of brand generation might be a too high (which might be fine for testing purposes mind you). Apart from trying and failing to set up a dreamstalker shoggoth with this Image I never really felt like I had to make choices based on the negative effects of brands, because since there were so many, it was easy to just think 'meh I'll find something similar but better soon enough.' They also felt a bit like clutter that I had to manually delete too after a while. Also, their reusability sometimes led to 'aha, this sp management brand is great, time to stick it on literally every support demon.' To be fair I was really rich this run too, so on less powerful runs the brand cost might be more important.

All in all I do like brands, they provide some extra customization and the more complex ones are fun to try to build strategies around. Could be interesting to see other 'triggers' on brands in some distant future, like Mob Cover or Twilight -style conditionals.
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:58 am

1. Not surprised they make the game a bit easier, at least for the moment. :) Players will usually have better access to Brands than non-summoners. I'm okay with this to a point, but I will be making a few other tweaks and changes to try to lean it back to evil.
2. SP-related Brands have some aggro for sure. :) They're probably going to get adjusted, but not sure how much yet.
3. +71 SP! :D But then, if you lose the Brand effect, even if you get it back later, you won't get the 71 SP back so... maybe still okay.
4. Don't forget Veil tanking :D
5. Agreed: I did lean it high in part to make sure there were enough to test. The deletion thing had me worried a bit... still will even after I reduce the count. I could just not have a limit I suppose, but that causes its own unwieldiness. I'll have to think about this a bit.

I'm still planning on adding more Brand modifiers/requirements during the testing process. :)

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad you like Brands so far. :D
Ferret

Postby donothero » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:09 am

I got a crash with a Du-Na-Res rune and a stellar burst;
My damaged homunculus attempted to heal itself, lowering its maximum vitality to below zero, which set its max hp to zero and proceeded to crash the game
I dunno how to find my save file
donothero

Postby Ferret » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:13 am

It depends on what OS you're using... if you hit F10 in game, it will save a record of your current run and tell you where it is.

That record is not your save file, but it is usually located close to your save files. Where as the record will be in a Records_3_10_2019 directory, the saves will be in a Save_3_10_2019 directory.

Once you have it, please send it to ferretdev.org at gmail.com.

Thanks for the bug report, and welcome to the forum. :) Even if you can't get the save file, this may be enough information to go on.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:04 pm

FYI: Wednesday evening CDT is probably the next window I'll have for build updates: I'll try to fix at least the MaxHP dropping below 0 due to non-damage related crashes then.
Ferret

Postby SummerSnowman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:36 am

Just did the Actaeon link, but this time Artemis didn't spawn near us. Instead, she spawned halfway across Arcadia, forcing me into Actaeon's link. Is this a bug or intentional? I have no idea what happened.
SummerSnowman

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:43 am

That's a bug, but... that.. shouldn't be possible. :( I haven't touched that code in forever.

Question though: Did you actually see her before you failed the link? She's supposed to teleport in somewhere in sight of Actaeon.
Ferret

Postby SummerSnowman » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:32 am

All I remember was spam clicking my summoner to skip turns while my party killed off the hounds. My units were really packed in, fighting the hounds. I don't remember Artemis spawning with that flash of light, and when the fight was over, I thought she had died really easily behind a tree or something. Then, I discovered the rest of the area and saw that there was still a unit on the other side of the map. I rushed over there, thinking it was a gorgon, but it was Artemis instead. Maybe she wandered off?
SummerSnowman

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:19 pm

It's possible that if there was absolutely nowhere in sight to spawn that something funny could happen. :) I'll investigate. :D
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion