My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs

Postby Saler » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:21 pm

So, even among supernatural creatures, bears are super dangerous. :)
I guess that makes sense with Charm. I'm not too familiar with Shinmegamitensei games - most of my knoledge is second hand. The closest I had to playing one of those games was helping a friend of mine beat a boss from Persona 4.
I got the new version and attempted one run, but decided to abandon it because some bad luck, espeacially with uniques, cause me to have only 2 demons with reasonable remaining MaxHP by Anomaly, and I'm not feeling continuing a run like that one. :(
Like I said, I tried a delay build. Went Fist/Mind for cheaper fusions. I did get some rather nice demons, but being ambushed by two early game uniques kinda ruined that boon.
Edit: In my new run I noticed that when I previewed fusing an Artificial Slime That had it's MaxHP reduced to 25 by preservation, it said that it's MaxHP would be reduced to 23. I'm guessing it shows what it would be after MaxHP damage, but isn't the basic MaxHP more important?
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:28 pm

:P Oh great, I got a sig quote. :D But yes, bears are pretty much super dangerous in any context of my experience. :P

Hmm.. I think I see what you're getting at: it'd be more useful for the fusion preview to show the effect on final MaxHP rather than current MaxHP including damage. That said, I *think* the increase is a straight one. i.e.: If you see it claiming you'd lose 2 MaxHP, you will lose 2 MaxHP from the current value, even if that's not what it shown.

Though... now I wonder... did I handle the case of a fusion reducing your MaxHP to 0 or less?

Fusion is rare enough maybe I should just include a MaxHP heal in it anyway. You can only do it once per demon after all.

At any rate, thanks for the tip. :D I'll check it out!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:54 pm

I've seen the Brand test build, but I'm going to finish this new run first. It is actually going well. I hope I won't end up being late.
Is it possible to make it so that Aura animations don't play while you're resting? It feels like it's slowing the game down, and it shouldn't be too hard.
By Arcadia, I had Tormentor on myself, access to Bloodthirst and 3 modified demons. There, I recruit Artemis. The link didn't give me much trouble. My Vile Homunculus gets preserved in a battle with Ogres. :( I also find a Debuff Tintan's Fist Wraith named Pualo. I killed him after some trouble. I tried to recruit his Styphalides, but fail. I do, however, manage to get access to Fetid Burst, Tormentor, Horrible Glare and Menacing Shout. :) On Tower 3, I decided to play it a bit safe and not check all the corpses. I encountered Vikhor with Holy Raichos, and they seemed a bit too trigger happy with Stellar Nova, starting to use it when it just hit me and healed one of them. Although Raichos limited moveset and the distance between us might've made that viable. I made a save in case it seems like it warrants attention. Anyway, I just kill them without too much trouble. I also encounter a lone Echeneis on Tower 4.
Ccoa's Sanctum: I encounter Ccoa immediately, and kill her after a bit of trouble. I reach level 5, and decide to take Copy Saver instead of Fast Dismiss. Later, my Lifegiver Abbey Lubber get preserved in a fight with Flying heads. :( After clearing out most of the floor, I link with a Kasha, figuring that even if I fail, I won't lose anything important, and it was guaranteed to make the fight I was in (against Aerases) easier. I killed all the remaining demons before completing the link, and couldn't find a corpse encounter.
After picking up some corpses on Tower 4, I spend credits to spread Tormentor and Horrible Glare and also give Flash Heal to Abbey Lubber. On Tower 5, I recruit an Estas, hoping to make it Artificial. I was 44 credits short because I thought it Preserve Life in negotiations. :x After thinking about it for a bit, I decide to fuse an Artificial Malingee. It lost 8 Strength, but I though the increased diversity would make up for it. It got Dark Omen and Low Profile. I later link with a Chindi to give Blood Rot to Vile Homunculus and Haunt to Artificial Malingee. I find Friar Rush, but decide not to recruit him. In a fight against Chindis, I took a MaxHP hit from Snuff Out, But recover it right after the fight.
And I got to Anomaly with a decent party. Didn't have much opportunity to observe delay's efficiency, But it seems good so far. :)
It feels like with the demon preservation update the game is easier at the beggining, but will probably get a bit harder overall. And that's good, because the early game used to be a bit too unforgiving.
Code: Select all
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Mind as their starting element,
has earned a score of 1863,
is currently at Anomaly:1,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 6
MaxHP: 54
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 10
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 15
Agility : 10
Cunning : 22

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Minor Pain (Type: Mind, 15 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to delay the next turn of the target. Cannot miss.)
2) Normalizing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Fire, Ice, and Electricity status effects (except Shock) by 0.5 turns.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Shocking Aura (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 4% chance to Shock enemies, causing them to miss their next turn.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Copy Saver (Reduces the cost of Copy Ability by 25%.)

Inventory:
3 Pure stone
2 Bolt glyph
4 Chakra stone
1 Curse rune
1 Blizzard rune
6 Heal stone
3 Heal gem
1 Frost glyph
1 Trouble chime

Current Credits: 1026

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 141 / 154 (91% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        2          0          0          6*         1         
Impact       1          0          0          6*         1         
Pierce       2          0          0          6*         1         
Fire         1          0          2          5*         0         
Ice          0          0          1          4*         2         
Electricity  0          0          0          6*         1         
Body         1          0          3          3          1*         
Mind         5*         0          4*         3          0         
Matter       0          0          1          6*         0         
Light        0          0          2          3*         2         
Dark         2          0          3          3*         1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Vile Homunculus
Level: 5
MaxHP: 48

Strength: 11
Magic   : 19
Vitality: 11
Agility : 11
Cunning : 18

Resist: Body Mind
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Numbing Breath (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 50% chance to cause Paralysis, causing the targets to frequently miss their turns. Cooldown: Breath (6))
5) Exhausting Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Reduces the target's SP by 15%.)
6) Fetid Burst (Type: Body, 15 SP. Two 60% chances to delay the next turn of the targets.)
7) Horrible Glare (Type: Mind, 15 SP. Only affects enemies. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the targets. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)

Name : Artificial Malingee
MaxHP: 40

Strength: 18
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 13
Agility : 15
Cunning : 13

Resist: Fire Body Mind Matter
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Dark Omen (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Pariah, causing the target's allies to take damage when the target does (excluding reactions).)
6) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
7) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Abbey lubber
MaxHP: 49

Strength: 9
Vitality: 23
Agility : 6
Cunning : 14

Resist: Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Emit Dark (Type: Dark, 5 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
3) Restore (Type: Healing, 20 SP. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Restore (5))
4) Preserve Life (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Must target a character whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
5) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Horrible Glare (Type: Mind, 15 SP. Only affects enemies. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the targets. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Name : Lifegiver Zar
MaxHP: 45

Strength: 9
Vitality: 16
Agility : 14

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
6) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) Horrible Glare (Type: Mind, 15 SP. Only affects enemies. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the targets. Cooldown: Presence (6))

Name : Artemis
MaxHP: 46

Magic   : 7
Vitality: 10
Agility : 25
Cunning : 15

Resist: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
3) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
7) Menacing Shout (Type: Mind, 15 SP. Three 60% chances to delay the next turn of enemy targets. Cooldown: Presence (4))
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Name : Estas
MaxHP: 35

Magic   : 17
Vitality: 8
Agility : 20
Cunning : 14

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Ember Dive (Type: Slash, 25 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Ignites the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Charge (4))
2) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Flash Burn (Type: Fire, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Normalizing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Fire, Ice, and Electricity status effects (except Shock) by 0.5 turns.)
5) Preserve Life (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Must target a character whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:35 pm

Hm.. might be a better idea to just not play animations at all while resting. :) I'll look into it, though not necessarily for the Brand build: that still has a pretty good-sized outstanding work list already. :P

You probably won't be late to the Brand Test party though: work's still busy, in fact busier than I'd normally want for a test build being live, but I didn't foresee it calming down anytime soon and didn't want to delay things more than I already have. :( So, this one will be a bit longer than the last one, possibly. We'll see how the bug finding/fixing go. :)

The Raichos using Stellar Nova is probably okay. It's definitely a little inefficient, but on the other hand, their horrid personal durability makes them very happy to have something to do other than run up and melee like their normal ability set forces them to do. :) I appreciate you thinking to get a save file of it though. :D

Yeah, I won't weep over Demon Preservation easing up the early game a bit. :) Wouldn't want it to get toooo easy, but I don't think it did that.

Thanks for the report, and good luck in the rest of your run. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:50 pm

A mostly unrelated question – do Pariah and Blind have anti-synergy with each other? Based on their descriptions, Blind makes Pariah almost useless.
On the topic of animations – is it possible to give multi-delay effects different animations based on how many delay attempts hit? It's not necessary, but it would be nice to have.
Anomaly 1: I encounter Zaji before anyone else. Most of my demons end up badly injured, but none of them lost MaxHP. I take Vigorous after beating her. Zar gets preserved while fighting Gremlins. It walked into melee range while in critical HP and the Gremlin got two turns before I could get one. :x After that fight, I link with a Blob to give Malingee Poison Veil and Homunculus Flesh Rot. Homunculus gets preserved in a fight with Blobs. I also notice around this point that Restore is basically a direct downgrade to Preserve Life – the later has lower SP cost and actual range, with the only downside – being unable to heal yourself if you have more than 50% HP, being very minor. I copy Horrible Glare to myself. During the corpse cleanup Zar gets Preserved again. I end up deciding to throw a Pure Stone at it. I decide to give Estas Horrible Glare and Tormentor.
Anomaly 2: I encounter a few Gremlins I want to get Sprint from, but I mess up every time. And after that, my Malingee gets preserved in an Asrai/Gi fight. :x I fuse a Vile Estas, having it get Consume Life. I also manage to give Zar Liquefying Touch. I find Python, but AI doesn't follow the focus fire command quite like I expected, so I retreat to get a better aproach and maybe collect more credits along the way. When I fight him again, Estas gets preserved because I was a bit too risky. :( I do, however, manage to kill both Nero and Gi and retreat again. On the next attack I kill Ruhin. After retreating to rest once more, I link with and recruit Python. I replace Malingee, giving Bloodthirst to Python and Dark Omen to Zar. I end up loosing some abilities I like, but it was probably the best replacement I could've done. Also, I took a MaxHP hit somewhere, but I'm not sure when. I had a portal to oUr SaNcTuM1!1, but I didn't feel like dealing with that, so I skipped it.
Anomaly 3: After a few fights, I encounter Maderva. I try to beat her, but end up having to flee after using a few items. I find Paracelsus soon after. I notice that most of his demons don't have any additional abilities that the ones from modifiers. Is that normal now? Zar gets preserved agin, this time because it doesn't retreat into the corridor fast enough. Other than that, the battle didn't cause any significant loses - I just used a Pure Stone. His 3 Chaoses and a Fotia with Flash gave me a lot of trouble, but combination of turn delay and healing made it so that only a few of my demons got into serious trouble, and I eventually overpowered him. :) While I was cleaning up his Sleeping demons, my Abbey Lubber made an interesting choice of using Horrible Glare while hitting a single Sleeping demon. Homunculus gets preserved because I wasn't paying attention to DoT effects. In a corpse encounter, I find a Solid Fetch with Last Defense. I manage to recruit him, filling his Codex slot and giving Python Last Defense, but Estans took a lot of MaxHP damage. I decide to leave the floor without checking all the corpses because my team's MaxHP situation was getting pretty bad. For the same reason, I check only two corpse on Tower 5, deciding that they were safe because they were only a few spaces away from portals.
That certainly was a struggle. I'm not sure if Anomaly got harder or easier. I definitely made a lot of mistakes, but the fights felt nastier than usual. Then again, it wasn't unusual to lose a demon or two in Anomaly, so I guess it got just a bit easier.
It seems like a Horrible Glare/Menacing Shout based delay build is good at getting an early advantage in fight, allowing you to make a few extra attacks before the enemy can do much in retaliation. I'm guessing the main challenge would be holding the advantage after gaining it. Fast Summon/Dismiss, Nightingale, Healing Aura, Regeneration, Off Down and DEF Up can probably help with that.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 4259,
is currently at Tower:6,
and is still alive!

Level: 9
MaxHP: 65

Magic   : 26
Vitality: 18
Cunning : 26

Abilities Known:
1) Minor Pain (Type: Mind, 15 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to delay the next turn of the target. Cannot miss.)
2) Normalizing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Fire, Ice, and Electricity status effects (except Shock) by 0.5 turns.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Shocking Aura (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 4% chance to Shock enemies, causing them to miss their next turn.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Relic Upgrades:
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)

Inventory:
3 Pure stone
2 Bolt glyph
8 Chakra stone
1 Curse rune
1 Blizzard rune
8 Heal stone
2 Heal gem
1 Frost glyph
1 Trouble chime
1 Might gem

Current Credits: 657

Shared Codex   : 142 / 154 (92% complete)

Slash        2          0          1          5*         1         
Impact       1          0          1          5*         1         
Pierce       1          0          0          6*         1         
Fire         1          0          1          5*         1         
Ice          0          0          1          4*         2         
Electricity  0          0          1          5*         1         
Body         2          0          4          2          1*         
Mind         6*         0          3*         4          0         
Matter       1          0          0          6*         1         
Light        0          0          2          3*         2         
Dark         2          0          3          3*         1         

Level: 8
MaxHP: 58

Strength: 14
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 14
Agility : 13

Abilities Known:
1) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Numbing Breath (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 50% chance to cause Paralysis, causing the targets to frequently miss their turns. Cooldown: Breath (6))
4) Exhausting Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Reduces the target's SP by 15%.)
5) Fetid Burst (Type: Body, 15 SP. Two 60% chances to delay the next turn of the targets.)
6) Horrible Glare (Type: Mind, 15 SP. Only affects enemies. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the targets. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
8) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)

MaxHP: 60

Magic   : 22
Vitality: 28
Agility : 8
Cunning : 16

Abilities Known:
3) Restore (Type: Healing, 20 SP. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Restore (5))
4) Preserve Life (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Must target a character whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
5) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

MaxHP: 54

Magic   : 23
Vitality: 19
Agility : 16

Abilities Known:
1) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Horrible Glare (Type: Mind, 15 SP. Only affects enemies. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the targets. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) Liquefying Touch (Type: Matter, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
8) Dark Omen (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Pariah, causing the target's allies to take damage when the target does (excluding reactions).)

MaxHP: 55

Strength: 22
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 12
Agility : 29

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
3) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
7) Menacing Shout (Type: Mind, 15 SP. Three 60% chances to delay the next turn of enemy targets. Cooldown: Presence (4))
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Name : Vile Estas
MaxHP: 45

Magic   : 25
Vitality: 8
Agility : 19

Resist: Fire Ice Body

Abilities Known:
1) Ember Dive (Type: Slash, 25 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Ignites the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Charge (4))
2) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Flash Burn (Type: Fire, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Horrible Glare (Type: Mind, 15 SP. Only affects enemies. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the targets. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) Consume Life (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cooldown: Breath (5))
8) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)

Name : Python
Level: 10
MaxHP: 72

Strength: 25
Vitality: 33
Cunning : 19

Resist: Slash Impact Electricity Body
Weak  : Fire Ice Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
2) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Tangler (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
4) Tangling Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 35% chance to inflict Held on adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
6) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
Saler

Postby Ferret » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:27 pm

Blind + Pariah's interaction is unintentional. :D Very nice catch, I've added it to the Brand Test bug list. :D

It could be possible, but it's a bit outside what Demon's very limited VFX system supports at the moment. I've made a note, but no ETA on it.

Restore's lack of range is one of those "it's a feature not a bug" things: a character with Preserve Life is rather likely to end up using it *very* often: even a hybrid gets interested in heavy healing duty when someone's below 50%, and that's exactly when Preserve Life becomes available. Restore is a way to get some self-healing for a character without also making them spend time healing others.

What did you mean re: Focus Fire not working as you expected w/ Python?

There's a fair bit of RNG with enemy summoner party creation. Paracelsus *should* usually give his allies abilities of course... but it's possible he might not give them many, or any, depending on how it shakes out, particularly because he's low level.

Glad you're having fun with your delay build so far. :D I had started one in the last run of Brand build testing, but now I'm too busy bug-hunting/fixing to play it. :) I look forward to seeing how yours turns out though. Thanks for the report!
Ferret

Postby Saler » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:45 pm

I guess Restore makes sense that way.
What I meant by focus fire not working as expected is that I used it on Nero when it was outside of line of sight of my ranged attackers, so they attacked Python instead. It feels like making that work the way I expected it to is more work that it's worth.
Tower 6: I run into Ludoc immediately. The biggest problem was making sure some of the demons with abilities that interested me survived. Horrible Glares have made his team lose a lot of turns. Sadly, only his Redcap survived. I got Dash from it. Also got Mending from a corpse. Found an Orb Wraith named Vlad. I defeated it easily. I linked with some of it's demons to give Artemis Snipe Shot and Abbey Lubber Reshape. :)
Tower 7: I attempt to recruit an Aspis, but fail. There also were a Stymphalides and a Centaur I was interested in, but I was reluctant to recruit Styphalides with all of it's weaknesses, and Centaur wasn't reasonably recruitable because by the time I found him, I was checking corpses.
Tower 8: I recruited an Angel and fused Lifegiver Abbey Lubber to it, after copying Emit Dark, Healing Aura, Tormentor and Reshape to it. It also got Cleanse. I also find a Fist Wraith named Mesmyra. Zar gets preserved while I was fighting the Wraith. Killing the Wraith wasn't too difficult. But then it's remaining demons lead to my death. :( The fight seemed to go well, but then Aeras Shocked me, which triggered it's Bolt Chain, putting my Estas to critical HP. I didn't think to use a Healing Gem at the time, which might've saved my run, using Mending instead. Aeras' next attack Shocked me again, and by the time I got a turn, all of the demons I had summoned got preserved and I was at low HP with Paralyzed and DEF Down.
That certainly was fun while it lasted. But then bad luck a a bit of misjudgment killed me. On the bright side, I can try the Brand build now. :)
The delay build I had was certainly effective, but probably not overpowered. AoE delay effects can easily give you turn advantage, and since most of them have cooldowns, you don't have to worry about AI spamming them instead of actually attacking. You probably want to have Fetid Burst for Mind resistant/immune enemies, but the AI is pretty smart about using it. Also, Horrible Glare with decent Cunning is already rather effective, so this is a fairly flexible build. I didn't get the chance to try out delay passives, so I'm not sure about how effective those are. I would also like to try out making a demon with Menacing Shout/Horrible Glare and Presence supporting passives.That sound like it could be very potent.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 6751,
is currently at Tower:8,
and is quite dead!

Level: 11
MaxHP: 73

Magic   : 30
Vitality: 20
Cunning : 30

Abilities Known:
3) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)

Relic Upgrades:

Inventory:
3 Pure stone
2 Bolt glyph
1 Curse rune
1 Blizzard rune
2 Heal gem
6 Chakra stone
7 Heal stone
1 Frost glyph
1 Trouble chime
1 Might gem
1 Ghost chime
1 Peace offering

Current Credits: 1229

Shared Codex   : 142 / 154 (92% complete)

Slash        2          0          1          5*         1         
Impact       1          0          1          5*         1         
Pierce       1          0          0          6*         1         
Fire         1          0          2          4*         1         
Ice          0          0          1          5*         1         
Electricity  0          0          2          4*         1         
Body         2          0          4          2          1*         
Mind         5*         0          3*         4          0         
Matter       1          0          0          6*         1         
Light        0          1          1          3*         2         
Dark         2          0          2          3*         2         

MaxHP: 61

Strength: 15
Magic   : 24
Vitality: 14
Cunning : 23

Abilities Known:
1) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Numbing Breath (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 50% chance to cause Paralysis, causing the targets to frequently miss their turns. Cooldown: Breath (6))
4) Exhausting Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Reduces the target's SP by 15%.)
5) Fetid Burst (Type: Body, 15 SP. Two 60% chances to delay the next turn of the targets.)
7) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
8) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)

MaxHP: 62

Strength: 12
Magic   : 25
Vitality: 22
Agility : 18

Abilities Known:
1) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Liquefying Touch (Type: Matter, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
8) Dark Omen (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Pariah, causing the target's allies to take damage when the target does (excluding reactions).)

MaxHP: 59

Strength: 23
Agility : 31

Abilities Known:
1) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
2) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
6) Menacing Shout (Type: Mind, 15 SP. Three 60% chances to delay the next turn of enemy targets. Cooldown: Presence (4))
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) Snipe Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 130 Power attack, if the damage would be fatal. Otherwise, 70 Power attack.)

Name : Vile Estas
MaxHP: 52

Magic   : 28
Vitality: 9
Agility : 21
Cunning : 25

Resist: Fire Ice Body

Abilities Known:
5) Horrible Glare (Type: Mind, 15 SP. Only affects enemies. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the targets. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) Consume Life (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cooldown: Breath (5))
8) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)

Name : Python
Level: 12
MaxHP: 80

Strength: 28
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 36
Agility : 12
Cunning : 21

Resist: Slash Impact Electricity Body
Weak  : Fire Ice Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
2) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Tangler (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
4) Tangling Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 35% chance to inflict Held on adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)

Name : Lifegiver Angel
MaxHP: 56

Vitality: 23
Cunning : 11

Immune: Light
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
2) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
3) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
4) Emit Dark (Type: Dark, 5 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
7) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (6))
8) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Nevermind then.
 Using Mending...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute, Escape to
 cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Summon...
 cancel.
 You summon Artemis!
 The aspis can move freely again.
 The ruhin can be mended again.
 Your estas feels less guilty.
 You are no longer poisoned.
 The aeras emits sparks. The aeras strikes you.
 The aeras strikes Artemis.
 The ruhin gestures at itself.
 The ruhin looks healthier. The ghoul bites you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 The ghoul looks healthier.
 You are paralyzed!
 Using Mending...
 cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Mending...
 cancel.
 You are paralyzed and cannot move!
 Artemis concentrates briefly.
 Artemis looks more accurate!
 Artemis gestures at the ruhin.
 The ruhin looks vulnerable!
 The aspis' defense returns to normal.
 The aspis concentrates briefly.
 The aspis looks protected!
 The aeras emits sparks.
 The aeras misses Artemis.
 The ruhin shouts a rousing cry.
 The aeras looks energized!
 The aspis leaps into action!
 The ghoul leaps into action!
 The ghoul bites you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 The ghoul looks healthier.
 The aeras emits sparks. The aeras strikes you.
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Fiery Blob
MaxHP: 51

Strength: 7
Vitality: 17

Resist: Impact Fire Electricity
Weak  : Ice Body Light Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Liquefying Touch (Type: Matter, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
2) Absorbing Touch (Type: Matter, 5 SP. 55 Power attack, +45 Power if the target is Melting. Heals the user for 66% of the damage dealt.)
3) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
5) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
6) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Solid Fetch
MaxHP: 63

Strength: 7
Vitality: 28
Agility : 35

Immune: Body Matter
Weak  : Electricity Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Void Touch (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 55 Power attack, dealt as MaxHP damage.)
2) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
3) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents who are at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
4) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
5) Frost Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Red cap
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 23

Resist: Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Throw Rock (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) Acid Wash (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Solid Zombie
MaxHP: 69

Strength: 16
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 34
Cunning : 5

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Fire Electricity Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Infectious Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 25% of their maximum HP.)
3) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing, SP restoration, and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt or restore SP based on SP drained.)
4) Iron Will (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces the duration of Debuff status effects applied to you by 50%.)
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
7) Snipe Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 130 Power attack, if the damage would be fatal. Otherwise, 70 Power attack.)
8) ------------

Name : Chindi
MaxHP: 38

Strength: 6
Magic   : 20
Agility : 15

Immune: Body
Resist: Slash Pierce Ice Dark
Weak  : Impact Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vile Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
2) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
4) Snuff Out (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 130 Power attack, but misses if the damage would not be fatal. Cooldown: Dark (3))
5) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
6) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 64

Vitality: 29
Cunning : 17

Abilities Known:
3) Preserve Life (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Must target a character whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
4) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
7) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (6))
Saler

Postby Ferret » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:29 pm

There are a few other cases like Restore where the "limitations" on an ability are actually good in some cases for controlling AI behavior. Whisper/Gaze/Glare abilities are another example of this: they're good ways to get an AI to "dabble" in crowd control without making them focus on it to the exclusion of other options. :)

Hmm.. I see what you mean about Focus Fire. I can maybe improve the messaging on this so it's more clear that they have to be able to see the demon themselves to focus on it.

Re: Centaur, his link attempt should be able to survive changing dungeon floors now. If you don't mind the risk of having to do it on an unknown floor, you can still make the attempt even if they're the last encounter. :D

Thanks for the report, and good luck in the Brand builds :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:27 am

Starting an Eye of the Dragon with Leech Touch character. Still on Test Build 4 because it feels odd to change while apply brand cost if different. Did feel like taking as detailed of notes as usual.
Got most of my build put together by Arcadia. I also used a bunch of brands. Recruited Artemis, Headles and Vikhor in the early game. When I got to level 5, I took Fusion Saver. In Rush's Sanctum I encountered Friar Rush, but tried to retreat and get more credits before linking with him to be sure that I will have enough left to fuse Homunculus to someone. My demons killed him as I was running away. :x
By Anomaly my party was:
Artificial Abbey Lubber. An all around demon that should be able to fill a couple of roles fairly well
Lifegiver Gandayah. Healer with a lot of status removal. Has +12 magic as long as it's at full HP.
Headless. He didn't change much from his usual set up. Has Yellow Whisper and increased vitality and agility.
Artemis. Again, not much changes. Has Tormentor and increased agility.
Vikhor. Like the previous two, he doesn't need any changes to be good at this point of the game. Has increased strength if his last ability was movement.
Lifegiver Ogre. Is kind of a weird frontliner/secondary healer/Sp support. I decided to experiment a bit with him.
I'm going to miss having a party like this one. :)

Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Eye of the Dragon,
selected Body as their starting element,
has earned a score of 2224,
is currently at Anomaly:1,
and is still alive!

MaxHP: 58

Vitality: 20
Agility : 17
Cunning : 10

Resist: Body

Soul Brand:
Po-Lim-Em (Lv.3)
  7 or less abilities
  SP Costs: +30%
  Magic: +12

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 66% of the damage dealt.)
2) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing, SP restoration, and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt or restore SP based on SP drained.)
4) Restore (Type: Healing, 20 SP. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Restore (5))
5) Stellar Ray (Type: Light, 30 SP. 55 Power attack, enemies only. 80 Power heal, allies only.)
7) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
8) ------------

Relic Upgrades:
Enemy Sense (Shows the positions of roaming enemies on the map, even if you have not fully explored the level. Also warns you about summoner corpses whose Relics still contain active demons.)
Item Sense (Shows the positions of unattended items on the map. May also reveal additional items when searching corpses, or once a level is fully explored.)

Inventory:
1 Wind card
2 Heal gem
3 Pure stone
1 Chakra stone
4 Heal stone
1 Pain glyph

Brands:
Mi-Da-Rel (Lv.1)
  No base SP cost above 15
  Last Used: Movement
  Strength: +10
Qu-Pl (Lv.1)
  No reactive or aura abilities
  Agility: +7
Qu-Du-Lim-Em (Lv.3)
  7 or less abilities
  SP Costs: +20%
  Vitality: +7
Po-Lim-Em (Lv.3)
  7 or less abilities
  SP Costs: +30%
Co-Tra-Rel (Lv.3)
  No base SP cost above 20
  HP equal to MaxHP
  SP Costs: -4
Po-Tra (Lv.3)
  HP equal to MaxHP
Sh-Qu-Im (Lv.4)
  Magic: -3
  Agility: +6
  Cunning: +6
Mi-Qu (Lv.4)
  Agility: +4
  Strength: +4
Po-Du-Fre (Lv.5)
  SP above 50
  Vitality: +6
  Magic: +6
In-Fr (Lv.5)
  Vitality: -4
  Max SP: +19
Du-Im (Lv.5)
  Magic: -4
  Vitality: +11
In-Mi-Tra (Lv.6)
  HP equal to MaxHP
  Strength: +9
  Max SP: +16

Current Credits: 510

Shared Codex   : 16 / 154 (10% complete)

Slash        3          0          0          6*         1         
Impact       1          0          0          6*         1         
Pierce       1          0          0          5*         2         
Fire         0          0          0          6*         1         
Ice          1*         0          2          3          2*         
Electricity  0          0          2          3*         2         
Body         1*         0          5*         2          0         
Mind         2          0          2          4*         1         
Matter       0          0          2          5*         0         
Light        1*         0          2          4*         1         
Dark         1          0          2          5*         0         

Name : Artificial Abbey lubber
MaxHP: 43
MaxSP: 119

Strength: 14
Magic   : 15
Agility : 13

Resist: Body Mind Light Dark

Soul Brand:
In-Fr (Lv.5)
  Vitality: -4
  Max SP: +19

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Emit Dark (Type: Dark, 5 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Restore (Type: Healing, 20 SP. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Restore (5))
5) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
6) Dark Omen (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Pariah, causing the target's allies to take damage when the target does (excluding reactions).)
7) Mind Scream (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 40 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
MaxHP: 55
MaxSP: 125

Magic   : 34
Vitality: 25
Cunning : 8

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Fire

Soul Brand:
Po-Tra (Lv.3)
  HP equal to MaxHP

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)
7) Normalize (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Removes Ignite, Chill, and Shock. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
8) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 68

Magic   : 6
Vitality: 38
Agility : 17
Cunning : 10

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Soul Brand:
Qu-Du-Lim-Em (Lv.3)
  7 or less abilities
  SP Costs: +20%
  Vitality: +7

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Your abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite, Poison, or Melting damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (6))
7) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) ------------

MaxHP: 46

Vitality: 10
Agility : 32

Soul Brand:
Qu-Pl (Lv.1)
  No reactive or aura abilities

Abilities Known:
1) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
2) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Vikhor
MaxHP: 38

Magic   : 12
Vitality: 12
Agility : 24

Resist: Ice Electricity Mind Matter
Weak  : Pierce

Soul Brand:
Mi-Da-Rel (Lv.1)
  No base SP cost above 15
  Last Used: Movement
  Strength: +10

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Cleave (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
6) Parry (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to parry Melee, Beam, and Direct range Slash, Impact, and Pierce abilities if your last used ability was also such.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Ogre
MaxHP: 51

Magic   : 14
Vitality: 24
Cunning : 6

Resist: Body Matter
Weak  : Electricity Mind

Soul Brand:
Co-Tra-Rel (Lv.3)
  No base SP cost above 20
  HP equal to MaxHP
  SP Costs: -4

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 25% of their maximum HP.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding status effects and reactions).)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
6) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Also, a question about brand requierments: if using an ability (un)fullfils brand's requirements, do it's effects turn on/off before or after the ability's results are calculated.
Saler

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:14 am

That is indeed a pretty nice party. :D

To answer your question: Brands only update at the ends of turns. Whatever state a Brand is in when you begin a given turn, it remains in until the end of that turn.

Thanks for the report. :)
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion