My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs

Postby Saler » Sun May 27, 2018 10:52 am

So, after a delay caused by me not wanting to download something that was uploaded on April the 1st and failing to notice the newer updates... :roll:
Matter/Mind Eye of the Dragon (because that Relic worked so well all the earlier times...) with Abbey Lubber starter.
The first attempt ended at Tower 4 thanks to some bad luck and decisions. Mosltly decisions.
Second attempt – Tower 1 ½ with Abbey Lubber, Slime, Gandayah, Malingee, Will-o-Wisp and Raicho. Ran into Headless immediately and recruited him. Almost failed the link thanks to Blessed Zombies with DEF and EVD up. Find some Almas and lose some MaxHP to being careless. Recruit a Jiang Shi and Freybug. Didn't keep an Alma, which might have been a mistake in retrospect since I lost Chill. I cleared up the level without too much trouble. The corpse clean up, on other hand... I'm down to 4 demons. :( At least I was able to replace my loses from a corpse on Tower 2.
At Tower 3, I find Actaeon. With him being in a corridor and with me picking up Bane from a corpse, surviving until Artemis shows up is hilariously easy. Then I link with Artemis and kill Actaeon in 3 turns. I also find a Dark/Healing Hand of the Dead Relic Wraith named Zip. He had only 3 demons, but he did remove a chunk of my MaxHP.
At Tower 4, I find Zaji. 3 of my demons and I are weak to some of her attacks. I used a Pain Glyph, a Flame Glyph, a Healing Gem and a Healing Stone to beat her. I also find Vikhor. My Headless dies because my Gandayah didn't heal him as soon as I thought it would and the Raichos had Acid Bolt. :x The Headless would cost almost 4000 Credits to Restore, so I'm not sure if it's worth it, especially when I'll need those credits to build up my party. I recruit a Zar to replace my losses. I find the Portal to Rush's Sanctum here.
In Rush's Sanctum, I recruited an Angel.
Tower 5 was mostly uneventful. Had a few troublesome fights with Easg Saints and Almas, but it was nothing extraordinary.
Now I have Angel, Artemis, Friar Rush, Malingee, Freybug and Lifegiver Gandayah. About halfway to Recovering Headless, but I might have to do some other Transmutations soon, so I'm still not sure if I will be able to do so.
Code: Select all
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Eye of the Dragon,
selected Matter and Mind as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 2475,
is currently at Anomaly:1,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 6
MaxHP: 57
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 12
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 16
Agility : 11
Cunning : 25

Resist: Matter
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Acidic Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
2) Acid Breath (Type: Matter, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time. Cooldown: Breath (5))
3) Terrifying Cry (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))
4) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
5) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
6) Restore (Type: Healing, 20 SP. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Restore (5))
7) Bane (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Dark. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Relic Upgrades:
Item Sense (Shows the positions of unattended items on the map. May also reveal additional items when searching corpses, or once a level is fully explored.)
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))

Inventory:
1 Night rune
1 Mirror chime
2 Tempest rune
3 Curse rune
1 Pain glyph
1 Calm card
2 Zephyr card
1 Gold offering
2 Heal stone
1 Pure stone
1 Venom rune

Current Credits: 2181

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 132 / 153 (86% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        0          0          0          6*         1         
Impact       1          0          0          6*         1         
Pierce       3*         0          0          6*         1         
Fire         0          0          2          4*         1         
Ice          0          0          1          3          3*         
Electricity  0          0          2          5*         0         
Body         0          0          1          6*         0         
Mind         2*         0          0          7*         0         
Matter       1*         0          2*         5          0         
Light        1          1          2          3*         1         
Dark         2*         0          2          4*         1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
MaxHP: 58
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 13
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 26
Agility : 9
Cunning : 9

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
7) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)
8) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)

Name : Freybug
Level: 5
MaxHP: 41

Magic   : 9
Vitality: 12
Agility : 18
Cunning : 24

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Malingee
MaxHP: 39

Strength: 27
Magic   : 6
Agility : 18
Cunning : 12

Resist: Fire Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Artemis
MaxHP: 48

Strength: 19
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 11
Agility : 26
Cunning : 16

Resist: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
3) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
7) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
8) ------------

Name : Angel
Level: 9
MaxHP: 49

Strength: 15
Magic   : 27
Vitality: 19
Agility : 19
Cunning : 15

Immune: Light
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Friar Rush
MaxHP: 45

Magic   : 15
Vitality: 21
Agility : 9
Cunning : 18

Resist: Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Slap Silly (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
2) Emit Void (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
3) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
7) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sun May 27, 2018 2:37 pm

I didn't even think about it being 4/1 when I uploaded that build. I kinda loathe that holiday: most "celebrations" of it tend to be obvious, obnoxious, or both, so I've largely tuned it at this point. At any rate, I would never prank folks with some kind of joke build on 4/1 or any other day. :P

Hmm.. do you remember anything more about the Gandayah not healing Headless as soon as you thought it would? I'm always interested in more information on anything that even remotely looks like a healing AI slip up. :D

Sounds like you're off to a good start on the new run though. :D Good luck in the Anomaly. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Tue May 29, 2018 5:28 pm

I did have faith in you uploading an actual update at that date, but my hatred of it got the better of me. :)
Honestly, I think I just got the turn order wrong. It could be nice to have an option to see the turn order, seeing how knowing when your healer will go is rather vital information sometimes, but I don't know how much trouble it would be.
Anomaly 1: All of the demon groups that spawned this floor had Ice demons like Asrais and Almas. 3 of my party, myself included, are weak to Ice. :x Other than that, not much happened. Didn't really put that much thought in recruitment because I thought Blobs, which could've spawned this floor, had some Vapor ability, but I noticed my mistake while reviewing the Codex. Absorbing Touch would still be good.
Python's Sanctum: The first encounter is more Asrais! I was able to close the distance by negotiating with a Culler Zaltys. I fused that Zaltys to Rush, but didn't get any Vapors or Absorbtion abilities. Then, I find Python. I recruit his Ruhin for it's modifier abilities – Block Physical and Frost Ward. I might have not recruited Python if I couldn't cover his Ice weakness, but now I can. :) The recruitment process goes mostly smoothly, although most of my demons got badly wounded. I deleted Malingee, loosing Bloodthirst and Leech Bite. I have some troublesome fights with Asrais and Aspises, and the find a Titan's Fist Relic Wraith named GorkTar. Some sort of Ice Hybrid + Block build. He gives me a lot of trouble, making me loose Artemis and use all of my Healing Stones. :( I recruit his Faerie with Falsh Heal, but She uses up too many Credits to copy it immediately. I also find a Faithful Heart Relic Wraith named Test. It had debuffs and Dark attacks. This one was taken down with relatively little trouble.
Back at Anomaly 1, I find yet another Relic Wraith. Mind/Matter Crown of Glory this time. I could've easily ended the fight with no losses, but I didn't even see my Friar Rush's life bar get low before he died. :( Recruited the Wraith's Easg Saint to fill up the slot.
Anomaly 2: I recruit an Icesworn Gremlin to replace my Easg Saint. I later recruit a Blob, Sacrificing my Faerie in process. I discovered that there might still be healing priority issues – I was Poisoned+, my Python was Poisoned, Melting and in orange HP. My Gandayah decided to remove Poison+ from me. Then again, Python is rather tanky, and could take a few more hits, giving Gandayah an opportunity to heal him. I get a pair of encounters from corpses, as well as Withering Grasp.
Anomaly 3: I find some Aerases this floor. 5 of my demons resist Electricity, so... :) I also find a group of Fetches, but my MaxHP is relatively unharmed. I try to fight Paracelsus, but I'm unable to make any progress past his healing. I manage to fully explore the place and to check all the corpses. I could Recover Artemis, but I then would lose some abilities I want from Blob, so I copy Absorbing Touch to myself.
Back at Tower 5, I find another corpse encounter, this one going down easily.
Tower 6: I find a Stymphalides, but it dies just before I can link with it. I manage to gather up enough Credits to Restore Artemis and give her Flesh Rot. Blob gets deleted. I find a Chinidi, but don't remember to link with it for Blood Rot in time. I find Ludoc later. I easily overwhelm and kill him him. I also kill his demons, except for Kasha, which I recruit for Weight Sin. Both Gremlin and Ruhin get it. Gremlin also gets Tormentor.
I had some problems because of my long break, but I think I have mostly recovered from it. :) I lost Headless permanently, but I still have Python and Artemis.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 7255,
is currently at Tower:7,
and is still alive!

Level: 11
MaxHP: 75

Magic   : 21
Vitality: 21
Agility : 15
Cunning : 33

Abilities Known:
1) Acidic Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
2) Acid Breath (Type: Matter, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time. Cooldown: Breath (5))
3) Terrifying Cry (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))
4) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
5) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
7) Absorbing Touch (Type: Matter, 5 SP. 55 Power attack, +45 Power if the target is Melting. Heals the user for 66% of the damage dealt.)
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Relic Upgrades:
Item Sense (Shows the positions of unattended items on the map. May also reveal additional items when searching corpses, or once a level is fully explored.)
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))

Inventory:
1 Night rune
1 Mirror chime
2 Tempest rune
3 Curse rune
2 Pain glyph
1 Calm card
3 Zephyr card
1 Gold offering
2 Pure stone
1 Venom rune
1 Heal gem
1 Meteor rune
2 Blizzard rune
2 Bronze offering
3 Pure gem
1 Heal stone
1 Wind card

Current Credits: 536

Shared Codex   : 132 / 153 (86% complete)

Slash        0          0          1          5*         1         
Impact       2          0          1          5*         1         
Pierce       2*         0          0          6*         1         
Fire         0          0          1          4*         2         
Ice          1          0          1          4          2*         
Electricity  0          0          4          2*         1         
Body         0          1          2          3*         1         
Mind         2*         0          1          6*         0         
Matter       1*         1          1*         4          1         
Light        3          1          1          5*         0         
Dark         0          0          1          5*         1         

MaxHP: 69

Magic   : 28
Vitality: 31
Cunning : 10

Abilities Known:
2) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Level: 13
MaxHP: 60

Strength: 18
Magic   : 33
Vitality: 23
Agility : 23

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Solid Ruhin
Level: 11
MaxHP: 67

Strength: 6
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 33
Agility : 27
Cunning : 26

Immune: Body Matter
Resist: Mind
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Frost Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
7) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
8) ------------

Name : Python
Level: 12
MaxHP: 81

Strength: 29
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 38
Agility : 13
Cunning : 22

Resist: Slash Impact Electricity Body
Weak  : Fire Ice Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
2) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Tangler (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
4) Tangling Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 35% chance to inflict Held on adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
6) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
7) Frost Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
8) ------------

Name : Icesworn Gremlin
Level: 8
MaxHP: 47

Strength: 17
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 17
Agility : 23

Resist: Ice Electricity
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Focusbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
2) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
3) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
4) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
5) Chilling Blast (Type: Ice, 15 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
6) Flash Freeze (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Chills the target for an unusually long duration, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)

Level: 8
MaxHP: 53

Strength: 22
Agility : 29

Abilities Known:
1) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
2) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
8) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Saler » Wed May 30, 2018 6:49 pm

Tower 7: Found more Stymphalideses with Carbuncles. Both Gandayah and Artemis got Blinded, but Gandayah didnt use Relief, even though they were next to each other. It might have prioritized keeping me within view, but it could just Relief itself and no longer be Blind. I think that even with the possibility of getting Blinded again it would be a better option. Anyway, the fight gives me some trouble, and I don't manage to recruit any of them. I find Maderva later. I din't manage to deal any meaningful damage to her. :x Though of recruiting Ilomba from a corpse encounter, but then realized that all of my demons other than Gandayah (my healer) have significantly higher base level.
Tower 8: I recruit a Carbuncle, replacing Solid Ruhin. Lower base level and significantly lower level, but I think it will catch up, and it has higher Speed. I gave it Focus, Alert, Blessweaver, Frost Ward and Weight Sin. Gandayah showed more questionable decisions, healing near full HP Python instead of removing Melting from it. Later, Angel was in a similar situation, but Gandayah removed Melt this time. Does this has to do with Python's higher MaxHP? Linked with a Corpo-seco, mostly for Codex completion, but also gave Angel (other demons were either full or Python, who is slower) Set Alight and Tormentor. In a battle with a big Stymphlides group, Gandayh removed Poison from Python, who was at half HP, so that healing priority problem is Melt related probably. I don't think it removed Melt in that battle, altough I'm not 100% sure.
Turdak's Sanctum: I find Turdak quickly. His Acheris are Cursed, with Hinder and Distract. Might have been a good thing for me, seeing how they used a lot of turns to debuff. The floor geometry would make taking out his Acheris first a terrible idea, so I try to link with him with them around. In my exitment of recruiting a Unique, I didn't even think to check if he would fit in my party. :roll: I do succeed in recruiting him, and decide to replace Gremlin, giving Yellow Whisper and Flash Freeze to Python and Angel to later copy to Turdak. I have a few more fights, but they are mostly trivialized through use of Turdak, Terrifying Cry, Acid Breath and buffs. I have enough Credits to copy some abilities to Turdak now, but I probably will want to replace my Gandayah soon, and that will involve copying 5-6, 4 if I get lucky with the replacement, abilities.
A bit shorter update this time because I might have to take a short break from Demon soon. Not sure yet.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 9799,
is currently at Tower:9,
and is still alive!

MaxHP: 83

Vitality: 23
Agility : 16
Cunning : 36

Abilities Known:
7) Absorbing Touch (Type: Matter, 5 SP. 55 Power attack, +45 Power if the target is Melting. Heals the user for 66% of the damage dealt.)

Relic Upgrades:

Inventory:
1 Night rune
1 Mirror chime
2 Tempest rune
3 Curse rune
2 Pain glyph
1 Calm card
3 Zephyr card
2 Gold offering
6 Pure stone
1 Venom rune
2 Heal gem
1 Meteor rune
2 Blizzard rune
2 Bronze offering
3 Pure gem
7 Heal stone
2 Wind card
1 Heart glyph
1 Flame glyph
1 Magic map
2 Chakra stone
1 White essence

Current Credits: 2885

Shared Codex   : 133 / 153 (86% complete)

Slash        1          0          1          5*         1         
Impact       1          0          1          4*         2         
Pierce       2*         0          1          5*         1         
Fire         1          0          1          3*         3         
Ice          1          0          1          3          3*         
Electricity  0          0          3          4*         0         
Body         0          1          2          4*         0         
Mind         2*         0          1          6*         0         
Matter       2*         0          1*         4          2         
Light        2          1          2          3*         1         
Dark         0          1          1          4*         1         

Level: 10
MaxHP: 73

Strength: 16
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 33
Cunning : 11

Abilities Known:
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Level: 14
MaxHP: 63

Magic   : 34
Vitality: 24
Agility : 24
Cunning : 19

Abilities Known:
5) Set Alight (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Flash Freeze (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Chills the target for an unusually long duration, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) ------------

Name : Python
MaxHP: 86

Strength: 30
Vitality: 40
Agility : 13
Cunning : 23

Resist: Slash Impact Electricity Body
Weak  : Fire Ice Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
2) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Tangler (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
4) Tangling Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 35% chance to inflict Held on adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
6) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
7) Frost Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
8) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))

Level: 10
MaxHP: 61

Strength: 24
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 14
Agility : 32
Cunning : 20

Abilities Known:
1) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
2) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
7) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
8) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)

Name : Carbuncle
MaxHP: 46

Strength: 9
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 15
Agility : 31
Cunning : 29

Resist: Mind Light
Weak  : Ice Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
2) Flash (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 50% chance to inflict Blind, which reduces sight radius to 1 and also reduces accuracy and evasion by 50%.)
3) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
4) Focus (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
5) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
6) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
8) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)

Name : Turdak
MaxHP: 64

Strength: 27
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 22
Agility : 31
Cunning : 26

Immune: Body Dark
Resist: Pierce Ice
Weak  : Impact Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
3) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------
Saler

Postby Ferret » Thu May 31, 2018 2:17 am

:D I'm in moving mode, so I can't give these a proper read yet, but I will once I'm done moving :D Until then, thanks for the reports and good luck!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:09 pm

Main problem with turn order is I'm not sure where I could safely stick it on the screen, especially on the smaller resolutions, which are already pretty crammed feeling. :(

Ice/Block was one of the *very* earliest Demon builds I fell in love with. I mean *very* early: there wasn't even a website yet. :P Load up on Block abilities, then run around throwing Chilling Blast everywhere. The Ice passives for boosting defense/block further didn't exist back then... hm... maybe I should try it again now...

The healer AI treats threats to summoners as higher priority than non-summoners. On top of that, Gandayah can remove Poison+ (two DoTs) from you in one cast, whereas no matter what it chooses to do for Python, it can only remove one DoT: either Poison or Melting. So I think it made the right choice there. But I suspect and hope if it had had a direct HP heal available, it would have used that on Python.

Hm... I see what you mean about Relief, and yeah, it was probably prioritizing trying to get you back in LoS without accounting for being able to just unblind itself. I'll modify Relief's AI evaluation to give a massive bonus to self un-Blinding. :)

Huh... Remove Melt evaluation is only 1/2 of Remove Poison for some reason. Weird. Well, I'll fix that and bump Melt up. It wouldn't change the outcome of the first Gandayah example I don't think (Poison+ still counts as more in one action), but it might address the others.

Thanks again for the reports. :) Always good when they help me find a couple of new bugs and/or fixes to make. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:39 pm

What I was thinking for turn order is to have it in a window you can open, similar to inventory or party list.
What is that Ice/Block part for? The closest think I mentioned was Frost Ward, which blocks Ice attacks.
My Gandayah did have Healing Charm, but I'm not sure if it had enough SP to use it.
Tower 9: Managed to get my credits up to 6000. Didn't recruit anyone yet, because I still haven't found a good replacement for Gandayah.
Tower 10: Python dies to a group of Ice demons and him taking more damage in a turn than I expected. :( I decide to recruit a Profane Bmola to replace Gandayah, copying abilities to it (Cleanse, Relief, Calm, Tireless, Healing Charm, Soothe, Flash Heal), planing to Recover Python later. I find Charlis on this level. I manage to kill him, after having to switch out demons for healing a lot. The rest of the floor doesn't give me trouble, and I almost have enough Credits to Recover Python.
Tower 11: I have a pretty difficult battle with some Light demons - Shisas, Angels and a Zagh, having to use a Healing Stone and to go into Preservation temporarily. :( I find a demon with Eternal Glory, but I'm saving up Credits to Recover Python. I manage to get the necessary Credits for that by the end of the floor. I also copy Yellow Whisper to Turdak. I was considering fusing a Cthonic Turdak, seeing how he would have a good combination of tankiness and evasion. I have some trouble with more Light demons and Bmolas, but I manage.
Tower 12: I run into Reprobus after a few encounters. I really didn't think I've got what it takes to beat him, so I ran for now. Sadly, it turned out that he was blocking the only corridor leading to portals. :( So I fight him. I decide to link with him also, seeing how it wouldn't make the fight that much more difficult. I complete the link after using a White Essence and a Healing Gem. I end up deciding to delete Python, giving Tangler to Reprobus. I also give him Bloodlust later. There isn't much to this floor, other than the corpses. Speaking of corpses, I find a Matter/Body, I think, Eye of the Dragon Wraith named Dotto Dot. With Soul Armor, looked like Culler Anzu. He had two demons with Unique modifiers in his starting group. He also had an Aeras with Diehard that worked without going on cooldown at least 5 times. Other than that, that fight went easily. I leave his Whirling Carbuncle alive, hoping to fuse it to something. And I find another Wraith. This time Dark/Defense Orb of Power. With 0 Magic, for some reason. It was a Drain + Draw Wounds build. He also had only 3 demons. Might have been an inexperienced player rushing deep into the Tower, but how were his levels close to appropriate then? Also, I couldn't get the Credits for a fusion.
Tower 13: I get enough Credits to replace my Restore with Unconquerable. I think it will be a net benefit for me. I find Pele after that. Decide to attempt to recruit her. The enemy assault really puts a strain on my resources, but my healing is good enough that I manage to clear the link without using items. :) I replace Artemis. Poisonous + Flesh Rot is a good combo, but I think a bigger damage output will be better. Then, I mess up in a fight with Mummies and loose almost half of my MaxHP. It gets better after a Pure Stone. A group of Ice demons gives me trouble, but I manage to power though their damage with Reshape, Absorbing Touch and Bmola's healing. Saw some Light demons, including Warded Easg Saints with Ready Guard and Diehard. Didn't get the chance to recruit them. I gave Pele Frost Ward before starting the corpse cleanup. In a battle with a corpse encounter, I landed a Panic on a demon who was already Panicked with length of Ending Soon. It ended immediately after my successful infliction. After the corpse cleanup is finished, I had enough Credits to copy Tormentor to Pele.
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 18762,
is currently at Tower:14,
and is still alive!

Level: 18
MaxHP: 101

Strength: 20
Magic   : 31
Vitality: 28
Agility : 20
Cunning : 46

Abilities Known:
6) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, Melting, and reactions).)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)

Inventory:
1 Night rune
1 Mirror chime
2 Tempest rune
3 Curse rune
3 Pain glyph
1 Calm card
3 Zephyr card
2 Gold offering
8 Pure stone
2 Venom rune
3 Heal gem
1 Meteor rune
2 Blizzard rune
2 Bronze offering
4 Pure gem
13 Heal stone
2 Wind card
1 Heart glyph
1 Flame glyph
2 Magic map
6 Chakra stone
1 Guardian gem
1 Trouble chime
1 Bolt glyph

Current Credits: 280

Slash        1          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          6*         1         
Pierce       2*         0          1          6*         0         
Fire         3          1          1          4*         1         
Ice          1          1          1          2          3*         
Electricity  0          0          2          3*         2         
Body         0          1          0          6*         0         
Mind         2*         1          1          5*         0         
Matter       2*         0          1*         5          1         
Light        2          2          1          3*         1         
Dark         1          1          1          4*         1         

Level: 17
MaxHP: 71

Magic   : 38
Vitality: 27
Agility : 27
Cunning : 21

Abilities Known:
5) Set Alight (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
7) Flash Freeze (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Chills the target for an unusually long duration, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) ------------

Name : Carbuncle
MaxHP: 59

Magic   : 14
Vitality: 19
Agility : 39
Cunning : 36

Resist: Mind Light
Weak  : Ice Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
2) Flash (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 50% chance to inflict Blind, which reduces sight radius to 1 and also reduces accuracy and evasion by 50%.)
3) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
4) Focus (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
5) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
6) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
8) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)

MaxHP: 74

Strength: 31
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 25
Agility : 37
Cunning : 31

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
3) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
7) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) ------------

Name : Profane Bmola
MaxHP: 82

Strength: 18
Magic   : 46
Vitality: 22
Agility : 22
Cunning : 32

Immune: Ice
Resist: Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Unholy Word (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Cooldown: Breath (4))
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)

Name : Reprobus
Level: 19
MaxHP: 98

Strength: 50
Vitality: 29
Cunning : 17

Immune: Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Impaling Thrust (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 85 Power attack, enemies only.)
2) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
4) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, Melting, and reactions).)
7) Tangler (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
8) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)

Name : Pele
Level: 19
MaxHP: 87

Magic   : 56
Vitality: 26
Cunning : 20

Immune: Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 10% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

I noticed that the bug fix list says that characters no longer un-Charm themselves when Charmed. I remember that I ended up using Reshape while Charmed. Again. Is it still considered a bug? I was wounded and with other status effects, if that matters.
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:56 pm

Oh. :) A separate window could work...hmm... I'll think about it. :D Only other reason not to do it is it will be pretty rough if people start to feel like they need to check it constantly; at that point it'd be in the same category as being able to give direct orders to demons (i.e.: too micromanagey.)

The Ice/Block stuff was about one of the relic wraiths you mentioned, an Ice hybrid / Block build. :D Sorry, it was a bit of a tangent, but it reminded me of one of my favorite very early build strategies. :D

Still need to look into that 0 Magic Wraith, I might get to it today, but I'm still pretty worn out from moving so it may be later this week.

Re self-Charm removal: The AI evaluation for charm removal from yourself is 0... not negative. 0 means "no value", negative means "never ever". So Reshape would be able to be used for another reason (and in the process remove it.) I'd added this to the fix list. :)

Panic isn't allowed to refresh duration: did you actually get a message saying it would last longer?

Sounds like you've had some tough fights, but you seem to be headed for a win. :) Thanks for the report. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:54 pm

I don't think that that window would need to be checked often. Mostly in situations where you have critical HP demons. And even than, most players would probably just dismiss them.
I forgot that Panic doesn't refresh duration. :roll: I didn't look at the messages, nor did I save them.
Not sure how stably I'm going to be able to update. I might end up getting a lot of work.
Tower 14: I end up low on health in a battle with some Shogoths, because Bmola didn't remove Stun from like I thought it would, and Shogoths ended up hitting me with Eat Alive. Would it be too ineffective to increase the priority of removing similar effects if the victim is in range of a Clobber/Eat Alive/similar stuff? In the next fight, a Shikigami used Spite on me and inflicted Pariah with Fool's mien, even though my last action was Acid Breath. I did get Shocked by a Raiju, could that have affected it? That group didn't give me much trouble. I encountered a group of Oozes. I quickly kill all but 1 of them, and then go further into the corridor, because it looked like a dead end that would let me complete it's link. It was a dead end with a Group of Ellecrical demons, most of them with Sainted modifier. And all of them used Wrath on me. :o They also had Expel, which, coming from a 40+ Magic demon is less than encouraging. I run around the corner so they couldn't focus on me as much and manage to put out enough healing to make it through without loses, although a few time my demons and I ended up low on HP. There were Vishaps there, and I could've gotten Dragon Soul from them, but I decided that fighting it with my demons' less than stellar remaining HP was not worth it. During the corpse clean up, I find a Slash/Buff , I guess, Crown of Glory Relic Wraith named Ace. He was lower level, but he had multiple healing sources and a Toufei that I couldn't get to for most of the battle. I link with his Fiery Angel to get Ember Heart on Pele. I also wanted to get Angel Humble and King's Mien and Carbuncle Arresting Gaze, but linked with a wrong demon. :roll: So, instead, Carbuncle got Mind Blast and Mindbender modifier, getting Menacing Shout as well. Low Profile was deleted, and Weight Sin was passed on to Angel.
Baphomet's Sanctum: I immediately find a pair of Powers. Turdak almost dies twice to a pair of Rhino Charges. Reprobus also almost dies, blcking what I'm pretty sure would be a fatal attack. Also, Pele decided to use Rain of Fire on a single Power. Was she afraid of missing that badly? I manage to win without losing anyone, but it was a tough battle. I have another tough battle, this time with a group of Onis, 1 frenzied, and Zaghs. Their resistances and Calm made a good portion of my offense ineffective, and my healing barely kept up with their focus fire. Angel almost dies, Bmola healing it just in time. And then I get into a battle with Archangels, Angels and Druj nasus without a full rest, Infection making it really hard to recover resources mid battle. And then I get into a battle with Yalis and Ben nefenils without a full rest. I'm pretty sure that Pele used Rain of Fire on a single target When it could hit several. I find Baphomet and recruit him. I forgot I had gold Offerings, and I really should've used them – it took sacrificing all of my non-Uniques to recruit him. :( In process, Pele got Protect, and Turdak got Mending for safekeeping. I also forgot to try and recruit one of his Archangels. I didn't risk checking any corpses with a 4 demon party.
Tower 15: I recruit a Bonnachon. Killing his former allies was relatively easy. Fighting groups like Ben nefelins + Druj nasus or Onis + Hobs without Bmola wasn't. :( There was a demon with Petra Veil that I had to fight, but my demons' ranged attacks were good enough for that. I gather enough credits to Restore my Bmola. I find a single corpse encounter. Thought of getting Petra Gaze from a Gorgon, but decided not to do it, remembering how annoying their link is and not wanting to use a Bronze Offering just for an ability. Cull and Fool's Mien on Baphmet would be nice, but I didn't have the Credits for that. Copied Mending to Baphomet like I planed to.
I think I will leave Carbuncle dead. It has good abilities and it's modified, but Bonnachon has good stats for a status effect inflicter too, and a much higher base level. Medusa's Sanctum is next, which makes me a bit nervous. :(
Summoner Saler...
has earned a score of 26206,
is currently at Tower:15,
and is still alive!

Level: 21
MaxHP: 112

Magic   : 36
Vitality: 31
Agility : 22
Cunning : 49

Abilities Known:

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)

Inventory:
1 Night rune
1 Mirror chime
2 Tempest rune
3 Curse rune
4 Pain glyph
1 Calm card
3 Zephyr card
2 Gold offering
9 Pure stone
2 Venom rune
1 Meteor rune
2 Blizzard rune
2 Bronze offering
5 Pure gem
2 Wind card
2 Heart glyph
11 Heal stone
3 Heal gem
1 Flame glyph
2 Magic map
5 Chakra stone
1 Guardian gem
1 Trouble chime
1 Bolt glyph

Current Credits: 179

Slash        1          0          0          6*         1         
Impact       1          0          0          5*         2         
Pierce       2*         0          1          5*         1         
Fire         3          1          2          3*         1         
Ice          0          1          2          2          2*         
Electricity  0          0          1          4*         2         
Body         0          1          1          5*         0         
Mind         2*         1          1          4*         1         
Matter       2*         0          2*         5          0         
Light        0          1          1          4*         1         
Dark         2          2          1          4*         0         

Level: 20
MaxHP: 80

Strength: 33
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 27
Agility : 39
Cunning : 33

Abilities Known:
7) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)

Name : Reprobus
Level: 22
MaxHP: 109

Strength: 55
Magic   : 25
Vitality: 32
Agility : 29
Cunning : 19

Immune: Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Impaling Thrust (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 85 Power attack, enemies only.)
2) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
4) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
7) Tangler (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
8) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)

Name : Pele
MaxHP: 97

Magic   : 62
Vitality: 29
Agility : 28
Cunning : 22

Immune: Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Frost Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
7) Ember Heart (Type: Fire, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Fire abilities by 5 if you used an Fire ability last turn.)
8) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)

Name : Baphomet
MaxHP: 93

Magic   : 59
Vitality: 25
Agility : 19
Cunning : 45

Immune: Dark
Resist: Fire Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Malice (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
2) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
3) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
4) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
5) Inspire (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Cannot target a Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping character. Gives the target an extra turn immediately.)
6) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
7) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
8) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)

Name : Bonnachon
Level: 21
MaxHP: 83

Strength: 41
Magic   : 31
Vitality: 40
Agility : 12
Cunning : 31

Resist: Fire Ice Body Matter
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Smash (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
3) Acid Breath (Type: Matter, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time. Cooldown: Breath (5))
4) Burning Vapor (Type: Fire, Passive. Attempts to inflict Melting on non-immune targets also have a 70% chance to briefly inflict Ignite, causing damage over time.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Profane Bmola
Level: 20
MaxHP: 88

Magic   : 49
Vitality: 24
Agility : 24
Cunning : 34

Immune: Ice
Resist: Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Unholy Word (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Cooldown: Breath (4))
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)

I also got an off topic question out of curiosity. If, in oUr SaNcTuM1!1 you Charm a Glitch near a Relic Wratih, can it use it's unsummon and Relic Virus abilities on the Wraith?
And sort of on topic – when is a save file useful for solving an issue? And when does it has to be made?
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Re: Panic, no worries. :) If there's a problem with the messaging not being right, it will come up again. :D

Oof. I know all about getting a lot of work: part of why I'm taking a little bit of a break is I know my job is about to pick up again. I hope to still be able to sneak in some Demon work during that, but I know it's going to be slow for a bit.

Hmm.. removing Stun/Shock or other evasion neutralizing effects if you're in range of attacks that rely especially on it.. that should be doable. The AI doesn't usually put a lot of stock in removing Stun/Shock in particular, but yeah, a case like that is a good one for it.

Yes, being Shocked clears your "last action", as does any other effect that messes with your actions. A bit undocumented I confess... and maybe even unnecessary. I originally did it so things like Parry wouldn't work when Stunned/Shocked, but I have other means to do that now.

Attacks that can't miss are pretty valuable to the AI, and Rain of Fire isn't *that* much more expensive than Flame Arrow SP-cost wise. If Pele's SP were still high (and you've built her to be an SP machine, so I imagine this would usually be true), I could see her choosing to Rain of Fire single targets, in particular since her Agility is slightly below average (which makes "cannot miss" even more valuable.) Additionally, when a possible fatal blow is on the line, the AI's interest in certainty goes up even more, so if she was trying to finish something off, she would be even more likely to be willing to pay the extra 10 SP to be sure. This killing blow thing could also explain her choosing a single target over multiple: killing one target is higher value than damaging (but not killing) three targets, but I don't have enough information to be sure.

I haven't tested it specifically, but in theory, yes, a Charmed Glitch would be able to use its abilities on an AI summoner. I try, as much as possible, not to code abilities that treat the player differently from other characters. :) Still goes through an evaluation like anything else though, so whether it actually would or not would depend on its situation. :D

Save files are useful for almost any issue. :D At the very least, they contain recent history that I can dig into and perhaps learn from. They are extra valuable if you are able to reproduce the issue from the save file: Demon client save files work 100% in the editor, so I can just load them up right there and see what happens in the code as the issue occurs.

Generally speaking, the closer to when the issue occurred the save files are from, the better. "Just before" is ideal, but unlikely (Demon updates save data constantly, so by the time a bug occurs, you've likely lost the "just before" data) with one important exception: if Demon hits a major error state, it will no longer save game files... which means the file that exists will be just before the major error state occurs. This is part of why my success rate on fixing major errors with provided save files is nearly 100%: I literally just load it up the provided file and the issue happens right in front of me right away.

Thanks for the report, and good luck with Medusa's Sanctum :D
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion