Matter Build Testing

The tower awaits!

Re: Matter Build Testing

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Added a ton of bug fixes to the "in the next build" list. Most of these were from pre-Matter build reports, but I wanted to start knocking those out too. :)
Ferret

Postby Saler » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:48 pm

I'm going to finish this character before making more detailed notes.
Crushing Stopm still goes up only by 15 SP from Clobber. I guess it could be harder to set up an accurate hit on several targets also.
The theory about all Passives with None type being disabled turned out to be wrong – Ever Ready and Spellbinder both work.
Found Ananis's Sanctum. Found Ananis immediately. Didn't seem to be able to do much. Couldn't try out his link – he died from Poison.
Removing Charm should probably be priority over removing Hardening.
Petrifying seems a bit weak – demons often die before they even get afflicted bu Hardening. Didn't try to orient the demon's ability set around it yet, however.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby wizzzargh » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:53 pm

don't tell no one but I think wild frenzy has got to be evaluating 'able to hit vulnerabilities of friendlies' somehow

This is the second time I've seen 'yeah go ahead and punch allies' and I'm pretty sure it happens when a impact vulnerable summoner was in range

and next turn to finish of the fairy...

With regular allies next to it this hasn't been happening at all, only once I walked up did this occur
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:32 pm

saler:

I think I'm going to end up buffing Harden after all... either shortening the duration, or giving it some effect while it is waiting to become Stone.

I'll also make sure Charm removal is higher than Harden/Stone removal, since as it happens I agree with you. :D

wizz:

Ah! That sounds like it might finally be a repro case for that ever-pesky bug! I'll try it out!

Thanks for the reports you two. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:03 am

Going to try cutting Harden to 15 moments instead of 25. (10 in a standard turn.)
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:23 am

Argh... dang it. :( I thought we had it this time wizz, but there must still be something else we're missing. I specifically tested it with an Impact-vuln summoner, but I cannot get the Wild Frenzy character to use it when he or any other ally is nearby.

This makes me suspect some passive might be interfering with the AI for it somehow... hmm..
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:25 am

mutter, at this point I'm tempted to just have it not hit allies, but that's cheating :P
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:01 pm

A thought- maybe it had to do with the ai evaluating 'able to kill an enemy that turn' because I'm pretty sure that happened both times
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Hmm.. I tried that too. :( But, I may be able to get somewhere if I try the exact configuration you posted in your report in the other thread. Granted, it may not have been exactly the same as when you took these shots, but at this point I'll try anything!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:59 pm

Finally decided the tweak I want to try for Held: I've reduced the accuracy penalty considerably, the evasion penalty slightly, and increased the movement speed penalties significantly. It is now much more about restricting movement than anything else (though of course, at Held++ it still completely disables evasion.)

Changes:

Held 1:
Acc: -16 -> -10
Evd: -33 -> -25
Mov: -33 -> -50

Held 2:
Acc: -33 -> -20
Evd: -66 -> -50
Mov: -66 -> -100*

Held 3:
Acc: -50 -> -30
Evd: Cannot (no change)
Mov: Cannot (no change)

* - Remember, the wording is "slows movement by 100%". 100% slower doesn't mean you can't move, it means it takes twice as long.

While I was in the neighborhood, I changed Chill's movement penalty from 12 to 25, since 12% is barely noticeable. :P
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion