Ccoa & Aithir

The tower awaits!

Ccoa & Aithir

Postby Geoffreylikespie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:55 am

So, after playing on and off for a couple of months, I've found a strategy that I'm finding somewhat successful, although since it relies a fair bit on luck (being that you need to acquire Ccoa), it probably goes against the intended gameplay of adapting to your situation.

Regardless, although I (in a completely self-contradictory way) do not support a premeditated strategy of exactly what to do, if you personally are having a pretty ambivalent early-mid run or just don't know what to do, and if all the stars are aligned in your favor, you could try this. I should note though, in probably over 20 runs, I've only made Codex progress with this strategy once or twice... Now, a little backstory!

Alright, so I've already found out that vile and dark demons are my absolute bane no matter what build I try (out of those I've tried at least). All the status effects of vile overworking my healers make it really tough when you and demons are near constantly infected. This is incredibly bad when coupled with MaxHP effects (granted, I don't know if any purely demon encounter holds both effects, but still both really scare me). I though of a way around this, though: always get plenty of resistance to dark and body. I was originally planning to start this early off by fusing an abbey lubber onto an easg saint or something of that nature, but then I ran into something I'm surprised I didn't notice before: You can't fuse a demon such that it'll lose all weaknesses. And so, I was like "what? awwww..." because, although not nearly as scary as dark and vile, I've died to light a fair share too, and I don't want to be weak to that either. And ice isn't really much better.

So I thought, why don't I just make MYSELF as resistant to these three things as possible? And thus I searched the Codex, and found the holy grail (pun intended): Aithir.

Aithir (for those who don't know (like me a few days ago)) has full immunity to body, light, AND dark. It's like a dream come true. The only problem is it's weak to fire, ice, and electricity, and that's absolutely horrifying. So, at least in the demons I've captured (not gonna spoil the late-game ones for myself before I see them), I have found a single solution to this problem: Ccoa's Stormy modifier grants resistance to both ice and electricity.

So, I was set: in my first run of the strat., I grabbed Titan's Fist, grabbed slash and body, and began dumping all points into vitality and strength so I could steamroll anything late game with sure slice, and began preparing my ultimate masterpiece. Surprisingly, I don't even think I had a strong ranged attacker, but I actually got Ccoa to my side (might have been an offering...). Once I reached anomaly, I found an aithir, got that too, and using the sweet fusion reduction cost, I grabbed myself a Stormy Aithir for not too expensive a cost, with weakness to only fire, resistance to ice and electricity, and immunity to dark, light, AND body. I was feeling pretty good about myself. And then I saw the soul armor cost: upwards of 16,000 Credits. I didn't come even halfway yet by the time I was annihilated by an Akateko swarm ~floor 10. So yeah, that's my strat. Good luck to any who try it, because it's absolutely bonkers. I don't even really know why I drew this story out so long. Maybe it's because I don't want to do my English discussion questions. Maybe because I've been desiring to share this with someone. Maybe because I love to hear my voice so much I need an excuse to hear it in my head. Probably all three.

TLDR/Summary for people who did read: Get the soul armor transmutation, get Ccoa, and get an Aithir. Fuse Ccoa onto Aithir and use Aithir's soul as armor for yourself. You are now immune to body, light, and dark, and resistant to ice and electricity, with only fire to worry about. You need an unearthly amount of credits though, and need to not die before you can manage this. As a disclaimer, I've tried this far too many times and never succeeded, and only make any actual Codex progress a couple times. Try it if you want though.
Everybody gangsta til Mordecai pulls out the massacre
Geoffreylikespie

Re: Ccoa & Aithir

Postby Saler » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:48 am

Well, there are 2 other options I can think of for Aither Soul Arrmor.
1:Use Auraward. It gives you a resistance to Fire, Electricity and Ice for a short time after you use an attack for any of those ellements. And you will get resistance to all 3 from any of the 3 elements, not just to the element of the attack used.
2:Use Triad Ward, Mist Shroud and Stone Stance, as well as an Ice attack you can spam. You will still be weak to all elemental, but your Block rate for them will be so high, you probably will be taking about as much damage as you would if you were resistant. This option, however, probably means starting Orb of Power and picking up Soul Armor later.
There are also some other demons which resist/are immune to both Body and Dark, but most of those have a Light weakness. Might be able to get something good from fusing them to be Holy/Sainted/whaterver Tier 3 version is called.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Geoffreylikespie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:00 pm

Thanks for the reply! :D
I'll have to try these strategies soon, for some reason I completely forgot you can get around most weakness problems with passives and don't need to do crazy fusion stuff... Thanks for bringing me back to the light!
Geoffreylikespie

Postby Saler » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:09 pm

There is a problem with those strategies I didn't think to mention - They both require Elemental attacks, which means they both require Magic. It will most likely mean either starting with Titan's Fist and putting lots of points into Magic early on or statring Orb of Power and getting Soul Armor as your 1st or second upgrade. Either way, early level are going to be a bit more troublesome.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:25 am

Hey Geoffrey, and welcome to the forum. :D

Yeah, I need to find a way to document the fail conditions for fusions better than just greying out invalid ones. I probably need to color them, but let you select them and *then* tell you why you can't, or some such. The "no zero weakness Demons allowed" thing in particular always seems to surprise people.

Oh, now I understand the title of the post: Stormy Aithir Soul Armor. :D But... yes... as you discovered, Really Good Soul Armor is Really Expensive! :D You may need to become skilled at using the Recycle transmutation to pull it off: demons from corpses and enemy summoners who have gained levels above their starting level can be deleted for a fairly hefty Credits boost if you manage to link with them. :D Saler's suggestions about going for a lesser (cheaper!) Soul Armor and using some abilities to patch the holes isn't a bad one either.

If demon spoilers are a concern for you, I would be careful reading other posts here. :) Most of the forum goers have beaten the game a great many times, and the secrets of the Tower's heights are pretty freely bandied about. :D

Thanks for the post, and I'm glad you've been enjoying Demon. :D Good luck on your next attempt to build the perfect Soul Armor. :D
Ferret

Postby Geoffreylikespie » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:51 am

Alright, I'll be sure to tread carefully in the forums until I get farther along, then. Thanks for the luck in the tower, I'm sure I'll need it!
Geoffreylikespie

Postby Geoffreylikespie » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:23 pm

On attempt number x, I've finally done it! I decided to take a different approach this time: I started off as Hand of the Dead and got Soul Armor as my Lv. 15 relic upgrade. The stealing of summoner demons to immediately sacrifice on the Credits altar was especially helpful in accruing the amount of needed credits. Now I've sacrificed my Stormy Aithir and become a God!

I almost ran into defeat on Anomaly floor 1, put restored my Gandayah and Ccoa after picking up some credits and left the rest to rot. I also happened to run into an-- [checks party] Impundulu for the first time in Anzu's Sanctum, with the Holy modifier, and luckily I had one Silver Offering on me. It was immensely helpful in getting Anzu itself afterwards.

Pretty scary run into Madevra too, but I had no ranged fighters at the time so I just left the floor unexplored and went back into the portal. Halo was immensely useful throughout Turdak's sanctum too.

Now, with Godly immunities and resistances, I'm ready to traverse the next few floors until I undoubtedly get one-shot by a horde of melee demons.

Party dump if anyone wants it :D :

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 5/26/2017, Scoring Model: 5/26/2017
Dump file created at: 03/22/2018 13:12:23

Summoner My Boy...
was chosen by the Hand of the Dead,
selected Ice and Healing as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 12717,
is currently at Tower:10,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : My Boy
Level: 15
MaxHP: 94
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 4
Magic   : 31
Vitality: 60
Agility : 26
Cunning : 4

Immune: Body Light Dark
Resist: Ice Electricity
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Icebreaker (Type: Ice, Passive. Your attacks that damage Chilled targets also deal a 70 Power Ice attack if the additional damage would be fatal to the target.)
3) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
4) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
5) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
6) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
7) Halo (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
8) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))

Relic Upgrades:
Consume (Delete Demon now restores your HP and SP based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = stronger effect).)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)

Inventory:
1 Pain glyph
1 Meteor rune
1 Tempest rune
1 Trouble chime
4 Peace offering
1 Heart glyph
1 Bolt glyph
3 Pure stone
1 Chakra stone
1 Chakra gem
2 Heal stone

Current Credits: 6435

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 94 / 135 (69% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        1          0          0          6*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          6*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          6*         0         
Fire         1          0          3          1          2*         
Ice          3*         0          4*         1          1         
Electricity  1          0          4*         2          0         
Body         1          1*         0          3          2         
Mind         0          0          0          6*         0         
Light        2*         1*         1          1          3         
Dark         0          1*         1          2          2         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Nero
Level: 13
MaxHP: 72

Strength: 18
Magic   : 33
Vitality: 33
Agility : 18
Cunning : 13

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Hail Shot (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 70 Power attack split between Ice and Impact; both the Ice and Impact damage are based on Magic. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
Level: 11
MaxHP: 76
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 17
Magic   : 31
Vitality: 35
Agility : 11
Cunning : 11

Resist: Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
3) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

Name : Blessed Nero
MaxHP: 81

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
5) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
6) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Holy Impundulu
Level: 25

Strength: 17
Magic   : 63
Vitality: 19
Agility : 31
Cunning : 45

Resist: Electricity Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Stormfront (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 0% to 75% of the original chance, based on proximity to the target (adjacent = 75%, maximum range = 0%).)
4) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
5) Holy Word (Type: Light, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Cooldown: Breath (4))
6) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Anzu
Level: 16
MaxHP: 81

Strength: 23
Agility : 23
Cunning : 18

Resist: Fire Ice Electricity
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
4) Ice Breath (Type: Ice, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Breath (4))
5) Dragon Soul (Type: None, Passive. Your abilities that use your current SP to determine their effect use your maximum SP instead.)
6) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Using Freezing Touch...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute,
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Examine...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Examine...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 You begin resting.
 Your nero's power returns to normal.
 Your gandayah gestures at your aithir.
 Your aithir looks healthier.
 Your nero gestures at itself.
 Your nero begins to regenerate!
 Your aithir's power returns to normal.
 Your nero is no longer regenerating.
 Your defense returns to normal.
 Rest complete.
 Using Level Up...
 You have 5 bonus points to spend.
 Your Magic increases by 1!
 Your Vitality increases by 3!
 Your Agility increases by 1!
 You have no bonus points remaining.
 Using Upgrade Relic...
 You have 1 upgrade(s) available. Spend 1 to
 gain Soul Armor? (Y or N)
 Your relic's glow dims for a moment...
 Your relic acquires the Soul Armor upgrade!
 Using Soul Armor...
 Press Enter to sacrifice Stormy Aithir and
 pay 14338 C to gain these effects, or press
 Escape to cancel.
 You sacrifice your aithir!
 You undergo a significant change!
 Using Examine...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Codex Daemonium...
 Your shared Codex Daemonium has recorded 94
 demon(s) and is 69% complete.

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Raicho
Level: 4
MaxHP: 29

Strength: 5
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 5
Agility : 29
Cunning : 21

Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Shocking Touch (Type: Electricity, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Gandayah
Level: 4
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 14
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 20
Agility : 10
Cunning : 9

Abilities Known:
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Tuofei
Level: 6
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 9
Magic   : 25
Vitality: 13
Agility : 24
Cunning : 9

Immune: Ice
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
2) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Mist Shroud (Type: Ice, Passive. If your last action was an Ice ability, provides a 25% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks.)
4) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Aspis
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 28
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 40

Resist: Body
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Icesworn Zar
Level: 11
MaxHP: 61

Strength: 20
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 20
Agility : 25

Resist: Ice Mind Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Chilling Blast (Type: Ice, 15 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
6) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Stormy Aithir
Level: 14
MaxHP: 58

Strength: 8
Magic   : 41
Vitality: 15
Agility : 24
Cunning : 32

Abilities Known:
1) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
2) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 10, and if you start your turn with a Light or Dark cooldown of 2 or less, it is cleared.)
5) Frost Ring (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
6) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Geoffreylikespie

Postby Geoffreylikespie » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:42 pm

Well the fire weakness was all fun and games until I ran into a pack of Cherufe. In case anyone wants it again for whatever reason, I'm leaving a final party dump.

Good News: In this run I added Ben Nefilin, Bonnachon, Mananangal, Unicorn, Jinn, Kuchisake, Yeti, Ruler, and Impundulu to my shared Codex.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 5/26/2017, Scoring Model: 5/26/2017
Dump file created at: 03/22/2018 14:36:53

Summoner My Boy...
was chosen by the Hand of the Dead,
selected Ice and Healing as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 26974,
is currently at Tower:19,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : My Boy
Level: 21
MaxHP: 119

Strength: 4
Magic   : 37
Vitality: 78
Agility : 32
Cunning : 4

Abilities Known:
1) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Halo (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
3) Icebreaker (Type: Ice, Passive. Your attacks that damage Chilled targets also deal a 70 Power Ice attack if the additional damage would be fatal to the target.)
4) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
5) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))
6) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
7) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
8) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)

Relic Upgrades:
Consume (Delete Demon now restores your HP and SP based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = stronger effect).)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)

Inventory:
2 Pain glyph
2 Tempest rune
1 Trouble chime
5 Peace offering
1 Bolt glyph
1 Curse rune
2 Heart glyph
2 Chakra stone
1 Heal stone
1 Mirror chime

Current Credits: 3439

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 102 / 135 (75% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        0          0          0          5*         0         
Impact       1          0          0          5*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          5*         0         
Fire         2          1          1          1          2*         
Ice          3*         0          3*         1          1         
Electricity  1          0          2*         3          0         
Body         0          1*         1          2          1         
Mind         1          0          0          4*         1         
Light        2*         2*         0          1          2         
Dark         0          1*         1          2          1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Solid Anzu
Level: 20
MaxHP: 115

Strength: 22
Magic   : 30
Vitality: 53
Cunning : 16

Resist: Fire Ice Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
2) Ice Breath (Type: Ice, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Dragon Soul (Type: None, Passive. Your abilities that use your current SP to determine their effect use your maximum SP instead.)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Holy Word (Type: Light, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Cooldown: Breath (4))
8) Storm Breath (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Breath (4))

Name : Yeti
Level: 22
MaxHP: 96

Strength: 48
Magic   : 32
Vitality: 39
Cunning : 16

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Icy Smash (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 100 Power attack split between Impact and Ice. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Ice Breath (Type: Ice, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Hurl Boulder (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 100 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (5))
4) Icebreaker (Type: Ice, Passive. Your attacks that damage Chilled targets also deal a 70 Power Ice attack if the additional damage would be fatal to the target.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Unicorn

Strength: 29
Magic   : 45
Vitality: 32
Cunning : 25

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
8) ------------

Name : Jinn
MaxHP: 90

Strength: 26
Magic   : 45
Cunning : 32

Immune: Fire
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fireball (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Disable Mind (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged. Cannot miss.)
4) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
5) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Icebreaker (Type: Ice, Passive. Your attacks that damage Chilled targets also deal a 70 Power Ice attack if the additional damage would be fatal to the target.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 The cherufe hurls a blazing star.
 The cherufe sears you.
 It's super effective!
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 The cherufe concentrates.
 The cherufe melts you.
 It's super effective!
 The cherufe sears you.
 It's super effective!
 Using pure stone...
 Escape to cancel.
 You use the pure stone.
 You are no longer on fire.
 You feel more vigorous.
 Your unicorn gestures at you.
 You feel better.
 Your jinn psi-blasts the cherufe.
 The cherufe sears Anzu.
 It isn't very effective.
 The cherufe sears you.
 It's super effective!
 The cherufe sears Anzu.
 It isn't very effective.
 The cherufe sears you.
 It's super effective!
 You will regenerate longer!
 The cherufe wakes up.
 Using Freezing Touch...
 Escape to cancel.
 You cool down!
 You freeze the cherufe.
 It's super effective!
 The cherufe starts shivering!
 The cherufe sears you.
 It's super effective!
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
Level: 14
MaxHP: 88

Strength: 20
Magic   : 35
Vitality: 39
Agility : 13

Abilities Known:
2) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
3) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
7) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)

Name : Kuchisake

Strength: 35
Magic   : 16
Agility : 35
Cunning : 42

Immune: Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
2) Throat Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
3) Madness Glare (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))
4) Bravado (Type: Mind, Reactive. Resets your Presence cooldown when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less. Cooldown: Bravado (1))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Holy Impundulu
Level: 28
MaxHP: 102

Magic   : 68
Vitality: 21
Agility : 34
Cunning : 49

Resist: Electricity Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Stormfront (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 0% to 75% of the original chance, based on proximity to the target (adjacent = 75%, maximum range = 0%).)
4) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
5) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Hail Shot (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 70 Power attack split between Ice and Impact; both the Ice and Impact damage are based on Magic. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)

Name : Mananangal
Level: 21
MaxHP: 77

Strength: 12
Magic   : 44
Vitality: 15
Agility : 40
Cunning : 44

Immune: Dark
Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
3) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
4) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Bonnachon
MaxHP: 91

Strength: 44
Magic   : 32
Vitality: 43
Agility : 16
Cunning : 25

Resist: Fire Ice Body
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Smash (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
3) Putrid Breath (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Infection, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Cooldown: Breath (5))
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ruler
Level: 24
MaxHP: 91

Strength: 24
Magic   : 52
Vitality: 37
Agility : 23
Cunning : 34

Immune: Light
Resist: Electricity Mind
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Wrath (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
2) Lightning Bolt (Type: Electricity, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
3) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
4) Cleric's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to apply Mute to targets whose last action was magical ability, preventing the use of non-physical abilities.)
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Geoffreylikespie

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Tower:19! :D That's a great run, congrats! Lots of new demons in the Codex too by the sound of it. :) Looks like the Stormy Aithir Soul Armor helped out a fair bit (well, until the Cherufes :P )

And I always appreciate party dumps, so thank you for including those. :D

Are you going to switch to the Matter Test builds for your next game, or sticking with the 5/26 one until Matter's officially done?
Ferret

Postby Geoffreylikespie » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:15 pm

I was initially thinking about waiting until release so I wouldn't have to deal with bugs and such, but at this point all the really game-breaking ones have been cranked out, so I can definitely start using the Matter build.

That said, it might be about a week or two before I get another party dump due to schoolwork...

Edit: I have a question about the matter build that I'm too lazy to try to find elsewhere. Is there anyway to copy over my current progress in the Shared Codex and/or my ghost files to the new build?

Edit 2: Never mind. I decided to just try to copy the Codex over anyways and it works beautifully.
Geoffreylikespie

Next

Return to General Discussion