Pathfinding

Found a bug? Great! Post about it here!

Pathfinding

Postby oneeyedjoe » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Why oh why AI thinks that going all the way around is the best way to make contact with an enemy or, in case of healers, get me in their line of sight. When 2 wide corridor is blocked demons almost always try to go around, making HUGE (~50 turns) circles, instead of waiting in line behind their allies. ESPECIALLY HEALERS. I am salty, yes
oneeyedjoe

Re: Pathfinding

Postby Ferret » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Hmm.. I may need to adjust the settings used on the "plan B" pathing... and possibly make healers never do it, or do it much less? Thanks for the report, and sorry it's caused you problems.
Ferret

Postby mbj » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:17 am

This always happens to me. Not sure why they'd go on such a long path out of the way when they can just swap with allies. Maybe make the demon prefer to stick close to the summoner if the open path is excessively long. Or maybe make pathfinding consider allied squares as "empty", which I thought it did anyway since demons always swap places with each other in 2 tile wide corridors.
mbj

Postby oneeyedjoe » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:51 pm

Not sure what was happening in this unicorn's mind, but it was refusing to get line of sight on my allies and was considering taking that long path down. I had to dismiss and summon it closer to me, because derping lasted for like 5 turns and I needed dem heals already.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:37 am

I'll take a look and see if I can figure it out. :D Thanks!

If it happens again btw, zip up your save files and put 'em somewhere I can grab? They help a ton for situations like these. :) Thanks again!
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:55 am

Right, save files. I always forget about that, sorry. Sadly, this run is no longer alive :cry: . Next time when a healer decides to abandon my party I will definitely add zip with safe files to my angry forum post :D
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:05 am

S'ok. :D The report is helpful even without the save files, but the files're a nice bonus (especially for AI issues) so I will often make noises about them :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:06 pm

With an AI bug as tricksy as this one proved to be, I'm reluctant to claim "fixed", but I think I definitely have taken a pretty good swing at fixing these issues in the upcoming build. :) We shall see :D
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:26 am

Looks like recent changes had some consequences. Now healers want to be very close to the summoner, at all cost. Even at a cost of life of said summoner. What I mean is, before healing or curing status effects, healers try to get very close to the summoner. For example, if you run into a pack of enemies after auto exploring and healer lags behind a few tiles, when you take some damage in the process of approaching enemies healers often don't heal you and just keep following you.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:56 pm

In those cases, the healer is (at least I hope) trying to get your allies in sight rather than just trying to get close to you, but it is possible that I prioritize that behavior too much over normal healing duties. I'll take a look at it. :D Thanks!
Ferret

Next

Return to Bug Reports