Experimental Build 1 (5/11/2017)

Announcements, feedback, suggestions, and bug reports related to Experimental Build 1.

Re: Experimental Build 1 (5/11/2017)

Postby greattuna » Sat May 13, 2017 11:46 am

Okay, NOW I splatted. Tried to take on Paracelsus, only for him to just outheal everything I could throw at him. I managed to retreat, actually, but then I met a group of Aerasi, who kept shocking me (20% base chance + another 10% due to high voltage + weakness to elec = rip me). Since all my demons were in the red, I... got wrecked, and maxHP drain didn't save me, obviously.

I think they might be a bit too strong, considering emit sparks is an attack that has 70-210 power, with a 20% (30% with high voltage) chance to shock each target, and only at 15 SP, with only disadvantage being fixed 70% to-hit chance. And even then each shock gives them 30 SP, so... they can fire for a decent amount of time, and should a player become unlucky...
greattuna

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sat May 13, 2017 12:30 pm

Welp I died in Anzu's sanctum. Pack of chachapumas lowered my maxhp from 82 to 25 in one turn and killed half of my demons. I partially recovered from it with all my pure stones and 6k credits, but it wasn't enough and later I died to Anzu's party. Definitely need to get use to sped up combat, I was losing my frontier demons left and right. Relic preservation mechanic seem to work as intended. It can prevent very minor slips, but when you screw up big time you are done for.
The only hostile summoner I fought that run was Paracelsus and relic preservation managed to save him only for 2 more turns, so it's still pretty easy to focus down summoners.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Sat May 13, 2017 8:57 pm

"briefly" usually means "about half" when it comes to durations. Most buffs in EB1 last 10 turns, so briefly would be 5. If you want to keep everyone buffed with a support cut, then yeah, you'll need to be doing it 4 turns out every 5.

There's no built in way to have multiple games... but oddly enough, due to some other changes I made recently to save/loading, this might not be as difficult to implement as it would have been before. That isn't something I should do for an experimental build, but once we're done here it's perfectly valid. For now, the only way is renaming/moving the folders around, unfortunately.

Re: Upping healing, yeah, it's my least favorite idea for a reason. I'm pretty sure it addresses the (potential) issue, but I'm also pretty sure it will cause some new problems, which may not prove any easier to solve than the (potential) problem it might fix.

Having relic preservation for demons wouldn't affect summoner battle length necessarily: they get unsummoned for free, but they stay at 1 HP. The penalty I had in mind for the demon version would probably be quite severe: I've even considered as much as 2/3rds of the demon's base MaxHP, effectively taking it out of active combat for most of a floor probably. I don't know if I'd actually end up going that far, but it gives you some idea where my head was at on that. :) Consume/Recycle would probably need to change, yeah.. but they need to anyways, as do many other upgrades. That's probably more than I want to bundle into this experiment though.

Re: Emit Sparks: yeah, it's definitely going to be nasty if you're weak to Elec. At least they can't choose to hit you with it directly like with Storm Strike, but you can certainly get unlucky with it. ::mutter:: Maybe my math was right the first time and I shouldn't have touched them...

Re: oneyedjoe ah, the relic preservation mechanic seemed to feel at least close to right when I was trying it out: I was more worried about the changes to demon survivability than the summoners, at this point. It does seem like there's cause for concern there, but going to wait on a bit more data. I have some other knobs I can turn before I have to do anything too drastic.
Ferret

Postby Bormoth » Sun May 14, 2017 7:52 am

As someone playing crown of glory I would say it would be fair make summoning unsummoning faster. Because now quick summon got hidden buff, and more desirable, because in most cases by time you summon demons someone might advance 2 times. So putting already strong relic abilities back to place at least to a notch weaker is fair thing. The only time it would be a nerf is when you start a crossfire, then normal summon is a bit faster than it was, but whatever at this point you still make combat summoning much better with quick summon/unsummon. You still get 1 global turn for both skills over ones who has none of those.

But if you want to make quick summon unsummon better in current terms maybe it is possible to give unsummon (minor healing while unsummoned for several turns, for quick summon reduce damage recieved by summoned creature, or small damage buff for same few turns.) Mostly because it is easy scalable buffs and give some room for fidling. But really I don't think those two relic skills need buff yet.

Also wouldn't make "." to wait standard of half a turn, and "^." wait full turn more newbie friendly, even though it is more annoying to skip turns this way. Or resting in presence of monsters might skip full turn instead, and even change hint from rest to skip turn, pass or something in that matter.
Bormoth

Postby wizzzargh » Mon May 15, 2017 8:48 pm

Demons die faster but I don't think that's too much of a problem-I think the player base just isn't used to the faster combat in this build. Plus, it discourages over reliance on a few overtrained modified unique demons if death is more common.

Summon/Unsummon at 1/2 speed sounds like a really big player buff to me... but a way to nerf Quick Dismiss would be to have it be locked behind Quick Summon. A healing buff sounds like a bad idea to me, since most fights, players are the ones with healing.

I thought Emit Sparks was fine and excellent at 25SP or whatever it was at, but storm strike just cost too much for a single-target attack that misses more often than regular attacks. Though I feel like Aeras(and all 'defeat in X turn linke) have become easier to link with in the experimental thanks to the damage increase on our side.

As a random aside I splatted a few decent characters offline. Bmola Tuofei packs are a lot more threatening now- in the past it seemed like it was easy to just tank through their weaker AoE attacks, but now they're pretty dangerous, which is good.
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Tue May 16, 2017 2:27 pm

Yeah, I've started to get a few pings about the damage being too high now. It's definitely a possibility... and I admit I'm waiting for more reports from the Tower:21+ range before deciding for sure. Happily, there is some room to adjust damage back down without being anywhere near losing the faster combat in general, so if we have to do that, it won't be the end of the world.

I've been talked out of further healing increases, at least for now. If nothing else, it moves exactly in the opposite direction of the rest of the changes: if I made healing better, I'd be making combat slower by default.

One thing I do keep thinking about though is whether or not I could get away with putting Strength's defense bonus back at full rather than half, now that status conditions are nastier and it is much harder to find "cannot miss" attacks, particularly in the physical types. It would give more options on having "tanky" demon allies. Still not sold on that either though.

Going to give it a couple more days, then I'm going to open the experimental build up to other groups (probably with a new build that makes a few very small adjustments) and see what comes of it. :)
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Wed May 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Welp I won in experimental build. Don't really know what to add to my previous feedback: relic preservation seems fine and demons die quick.
Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 5/11/2017, Scoring Model: 5/11/2017
Dump file created at: 5/17/2017 6:17:26 PM

Summoner Nasty...
was chosen by the Hand of the Dead,
selected Slash and Slash as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 60942,
is currently at Tower:23,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Nasty
Level: 30
MaxHP: 128
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 113
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 14
Agility : 25
Cunning : 44

Resist: Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Bolt Spray (Type: Impact, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack.)
3) Crippler (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt.)
4) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
5) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
6) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)
7) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
8) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)

Relic Upgrades:
Consume (Delete Demon now restores your HP and SP based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = stronger effect).)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Quick Summon (Your first Summon each turn is a free action (can use Summon as a normal action afterwards.))

Inventory:
1 Heart glyph
2 Peace offering
1 Curse rune
3 Calm card
1 Blizzard rune
8 Chakra stone
3 Pure stone
2 Meteor rune
2 Ghost chime
10 Heal stone
1 Chakra gem
1 Pain glyph
2 Night rune
4 Heal gem
4 Zephyr card
2 Tempest rune
1 Frost glyph
1 Guardian gem

Current Credits: 6519

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 65 / 135 (48% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        3*         0          1          6*         0         
Impact       3*         0          1          6*         0         
Pierce       1          0          0          7*         0         
Fire         1          1          1          1*         4         
Ice          0          1          3          2*         1         
Electricity  0          0          1          6*         0         
Body         1          1          3          3*         0         
Mind         0          0          2          5*         0         
Light        0          0          0          4          3*         
Dark         0          0          3*         4          0         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Gluttonous Nero
Level: 22
MaxHP: 104
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 23
Magic   : 51
Vitality: 50
Agility : 18
Cunning : 18

Resist: Fire Ice Body Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
8) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))

Name : Maj. Shoggoth
Level: 29
MaxHP: 128

Strength: 54
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 54
Agility : 44
Cunning : 31

Resist: Impact Ice Mind
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) Stunning Blow (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
6) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
7) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
8) Resolute (Type: Healing, Reactive. Reduces the remaining duration of each of your negative status effects by 20% of the current duration when damaged by attacks (excluding reactions). No effect on Stun or Shock.)

Name : Pele
Level: 28
MaxHP: 118

Strength: 23
Magic   : 73
Vitality: 34
Agility : 34
Cunning : 26

Immune: Fire
Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
7) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
8) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Name : Foul Druj nasu
Level: 26
MaxHP: 114

Strength: 11
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 35
Agility : 11
Cunning : 94

Immune: Body
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 20 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 85% chance to Infect an enemy near the target, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
4) Vile Dance (Type: Body, 20 SP. 85% chance to apply Infection to enemies, which prevents most HP and SP recovery. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (4))
5) Distract Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
6) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
7) Afflicter (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP for applying a new Body, Mind, Light, Dark, or Debuff status effect. (Poison stacking does not count as a new effect.))
8) Vile Alchemy (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Poison to an already Poisoned target, you always increase the Poison stack level if it is not already at the maximum.)

Name : Leib-olmai
MaxHP: 109

Strength: 68
Magic   : 37
Vitality: 45
Agility : 30
Cunning : 15

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Rend Asunder (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Life Pulse (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Only affects allies. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
4) Calming Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Jotunn
Level: 31
MaxHP: 119

Strength: 75
Magic   : 32
Vitality: 58
Agility : 24
Cunning : 16

Immune: Ice
Resist: Slash Body

Abilities Known:
1) Polar Charge (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 100 Power Impact/Ice attack. Then, Chill enemies in front of you, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Charge (4))
2) Icy Break (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 115 Power attack split between Impact and Ice. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Glacier Fall (Type: Impact, 35 SP. 115 Power attack, split between Impact and Ice. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
4) Winter Lord (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases defense by 20% against Chilled enemies.)
5) Icebreaker (Type: Ice, Passive. Your attacks that damage Chilled targets also deal a 70 Power Ice attack if the additional damage would be fatal to the target.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

It's super effective!
 You feel refreshed.
 The leib-olmai looks more confident.
 The leib-olmai is still charmed!
 Your druj nasu gestures ominously.
 The leib-olmai is badly poisoned!
 Your leib-olmai is no longer regenerating.
 Your leib-olmai shouts a hunter's call.
 Your leib-olmai looks more powerful!
 Your druj nasu looks more powerful!
 Your nero looks more powerful!
 You feel more powerful!
 Your leib-olmai looks more accurate!
 Your druj nasu looks more accurate!
 Your nero looks more accurate!
 You feel more accurate!
 The leib-olmai dies!!
 You are no longer regenerating.
 You begin resting.
 Your nero is no longer regenerating.
 Your druj nasu is no longer regenerating.
 Your power returns to normal.
 Your accuracy returns to normal.
 Your nero's power returns to normal.
 Your nero's accuracy returns to normal.
 Your druj nasu's power returns to normal.
 Your druj nasu's accuracy returns to normal.
 Your leib-olmai's power returns to normal.
 Your leib-olmai's accuracy returns to
 normal.
 Rest complete, but you must defeat enemies
 to restore your allies' missing Maximum HP.
 There is a shimmering portal to Victory
 here. Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change
 levels.
 There doesn't seem to be anything of further
 interest in this level.
 This is the 5/11/2017 version of Demon,
 using the 5/11/2017 scoring system.
 Your current score is 60942.
 Really win the game and start a new cycle?
 (Y or N)
 You win!

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Baba Yaga
Level: 31
MaxHP: 113

Strength: 16
Magic   : 68
Vitality: 35
Agility : 19
Cunning : 67

Immune: Mind Dark
Resist: Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vigor Steal (Type: Dark, 35 SP. 85 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
2) Energy Siphon (Type: Body, 0 SP. Drains the target's SP by 10%, restoring your own SP by 66% of the amount drained. Cannot miss.)
3) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
4) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
5) Lucky Aid (Type: Healing, 0 SP. One effect chosen at random for the target: Heal 50% HP (unaffected by your Magic bonus), restores 50 SP, or removes all negative status effects. Cooldown: Luck (3))
6) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
7) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
8) Afflicter (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP for applying a new Body, Mind, Light, Dark, or Debuff status effect. (Poison stacking does not count as a new effect.))

Name : Brucha
MaxHP: 101

Strength: 47
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 31
Agility : 79
Cunning : 23

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Bolt Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Bolt Spray (Type: Impact, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack.)
3) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
4) Vitalize (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Briefly bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Yuki-onna
Level: 27
MaxHP: 103

Strength: 30
Magic   : 56
Vitality: 29
Agility : 29
Cunning : 41

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Basilisk
Level: 30
MaxHP: 88

Strength: 16
Magic   : 52
Vitality: 16
Agility : 64
Cunning : 52

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Lethal Gaze (Type: Mind, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Presence (3))
2) Toxic Touch (Type: Body, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Vile Alchemy (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Poison to an already Poisoned target, you always increase the Poison stack level if it is not already at the maximum.)
4) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Stormy Raiju
Level: 26
MaxHP: 84
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 17
Magic   : 62
Vitality: 17
Agility : 48
Cunning : 36

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Bolt Chain (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also inflicts a 55 Power attack on and has a 10% chance to Shock an adjacent enemy. Shock applied by Bolt Chain cannot trigger Bolt Chain.)
3) Volt Call (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
4) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)
5) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
6) Thunderous (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also has a 70% chance to delay the next turn of nearby enemies.)
7) Full Power (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 200% of the original chance when your SP is 100 or higher. (This is checked before casting costs are deducted.))
8) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)

Name : Tuofei
Level: 23
MaxHP: 86

Strength: 20
Magic   : 50
Vitality: 26
Agility : 50
Cunning : 19

Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
2) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 10%.)
5) Desiccation (Type: None, Passive. Improves the effectiveness of your SP reduction effects by 50%.)
7) Frost Arrow (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

I quite like more powerful status effects, especially Regeneration. I used to delete it from my healers almost every time. Now it is actually useful (so is healing factor). One thing I don't like about it, because it runs out really quickly (which is understandable and balanced) healers feel urge to apply it above all else. They won't even cure infection before applying regeneration on you. Because of that I almost died like 5 times to Brucha&Pixie combos. My Nero kept using regeneration instead of calming me, and 100 Power bolts hurt a lot. Probably not really a new problem, healers' prioritizing always was dubious.

Mass infection+nukes probably a bit too powerful now. Doesn't really matter much against regular demons, but against player it might. Sadly the only AI summoner that I fought after acquiring mass infection was Jayle. She and her team just melted and couldn't do anything, despite having demons with lifebender modifier and high tier healing. No cleanse - no heals.

Btw, all attenuated arrow attacks are labeled as Impact, but technically still do Pierce damage (typo I guess).

Melee characters and demons feel stronger now because of 50% turn cost for movement it's easier to close gaps (wow who would've thought :o ). And I think when you "stumble around uselessly" it costs only 50% of a turn too. Which is sort of annoying but also makes panic less usefull since you kind of get 2nd chance at a turn every now and then.

Ehh.. don't really now what to add, really. Tower 21+ felt a bit different only because I was getting charmed/paniced from afar which doesn't happen that often on earlier floors and because my Nero was too busy with Regeneration I managed to wipe out my allies a couple of times. Heh, what happens when I charm an enemy/ally If I am charmed myself? To whom do they serve? That situattion occured a couple of times but I couldn't tell for sure.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Wed May 17, 2017 11:45 pm

Congrats on the experimental build win :D

The AI applying Regen while Infection is active is definitely a bug: I'll fix that for the next (likely 5/18) version of the experiment. Thanks for reporting that. :D

Calming a summoner is already supposed to be high priority, but may have fallen behind when Regen's effect got boosted so drastically, so I'll check that too.

I may have to take Gaswafers' Discord suggestion from early in the cycle and nerf Infection to 3 turns rather than 5, but on the other hand, it's supposed to be a heavy offense status effect: if Infection + heavy nukes couldn't overcome healing, what would? :D So I'll need to be a bit careful.

Fixed the Impact arrow cones. :D Thanks :D

Good point on "stumble uselessly": One of those "unintended consequences" bits. I'll need to fix that one. :)

Charm always flips the target's faction, regardless of the source of the Charm or whether or not they're Charmed.

Thanks for the report, and congrats again on the experimental build win. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu May 18, 2017 12:48 pm

Hey, uh... guys? :D Don't take Eternal Glory on a summoner until I release the 5/18/2017 version of this build. :) Just trust me on this. Thanks! :D

( It's pretty dopey and a perfect example of why I should actually test interactions instead of assuming they'll work like I think they do: basically, Eternal Glory doesn't trigger until you ACTUALLY are about to die die... you know, when you have 1 MaxHP... My fix is that Eternal Glory now clears MaxHP damage too. :P )
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Fri May 19, 2017 7:33 pm

Ferret wrote:Hey, uh... guys? :D Don't take Eternal Glory on a summoner until I release the 5/18/2017 version of this build. :) Just trust me on this. Thanks! :D

Well, now I don't feel as bad about getting juggerpummeled and dying to Oni when I had Eternal Glory and the credits to learn it waiting on a Warded Druj Nasu
wizzzargh

PreviousNext

Return to Experimental Build 1