Turdak's Sanctum, YASD and ramblings

The tower awaits!

Re: Turdak's Sanctum, YASD and ramblings

Postby Gaswafers » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:41 pm

What is the math? Because, by my calculation, it's equivalent to about a 60 power smite(cannot miss) attack with an adjusted shock chance of 8%. I also swear that it doesn't properly ignore dodge and block.
Gaswafers

Postby Ferret » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:22 am

Well...

85 Power Attack: +10 SP
Long Range: +10 SP
Smite Targeting: +5 SP
Standard Elec Shock: No change (free for Elec attacks)
Base 70% Hit Rate: No change (it hits a bit iffy, but you don't need Agility)

....oh. I have the SP cost at 30 in game. Whoops. Well, it's 25 next build. I guess the math wasn't right. :( How'd I miss that so many times? Somehow I have a feeling this isn't going to make anyone happier about it, so I'll probably still consider just ignoring the math... or maybe giving a -5 SP value to "Base 70% Hit Rate", though that'd affect other abilities too, including Emit Sparks, which most people who poke me about Storm Strike already regard as superior to it.

Also: It isn't intended to bypass Block/Dodge, those do indeed work on it. 70% to hit is just for the base hit check; you need "cannot miss" to bypass things like Dodge and Block.
Ferret

Postby Gaswafers » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:50 am

An attack loses 18% of its damage and status hit chance when you reduce its hit rate from 85% to 70%, and you need a 21% bonus to those things to get back up to the effective effectiveness you had with 85% hit chance. No longer needing agility is indeed an iffy tradeoff. The increased randomness also devalues it; 100% to deal 1 damage is better than 50% chance to deal 2 damage after all, even though both are the same average damage.
Gaswafers

Postby wizzzargh » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:34 am

Another Mordecai death... is there any recorded proof of anyone actually beating this link post-Heroism buff? :x

Exploiting his weakness with 3 demons and shuffling through dancers got him to half health, barely. Maybe if I had been better positioned to use a Curse Rune and a Might Gem that would have been sufficient, but I think a large part of the issue wasn't the damage numbers, it was thenon-stop Stuns and Panics wasting actions- doesn't matter what abilities my demons have or how hard they hit if they can't use them. Even my Major Raiju (recovered from one of my previous dead characters) got panicked repeatedly through Mind Resistance. I thought my Chthonic Aithir Soul Armor would at least prevent me from dying, but once the link failed Reprobus (who had walked between me and the portal during the link) got to poke at me with Might+Haste from the failed link which murdered me pretty quick.

I tried leveling up each stat +1 every level. I went through a lot of different active abilities from corpses, and could use them all to decent effect(Set Alight was found on Tower 1 and lasted a long time before getting replaced by Madness Gaze), but all in all I'd say the balanced stat approach was pretty meh. I'd miss fairly often with my melee attacks, and when I did hit their damage wasn't great and their secondary effects were pretty much only noticeable against enemies weak to it. The 70% chance debuffs like Weigh Sin were still pretty useful, but their failures made them feel more expensive SP wise. Needle Spray seemed quite solid for an attenuated 55 power attack though and I used it in most fights.

I finally managed to make a Whirling Gremlin and keep it alive. Was powerful offensively but of course had a glass jaw, and it doesn't help that these extremely fast dancers need a slot dedicated to Bloodlust to keep them from blowing all their SP instantly and then becoming vulnerable. The Whirling Dipsas I'm fond of making definitely have an advantage from their high starting level.

Gi are apparently entirely immune to Ghost Shock, which I wasn't expecting, and certainly wasn't expecting to find out by the gremlin attempting to use it anyway. Assuming this is some sort of bug with Ghost Shock's damage split in particular and not an AI issue.

I'm starting to lean more towards using the early uniques as fusions on regular demons, not because I think it's stronger, but because it makes for more interesting relic wraiths.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 3/31/2017, Scoring Model: 3/31/2017
Dump file created at: 04/25/2017 18:01:48

Summoner Wizz...
was chosen by the Crown of Glory,
selected Light and Healing as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 14327,
is currently at Tower:12,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Wizz
Level: 15
MaxHP: 80
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 24
Magic   : 21
Vitality: 31
Agility : 25
Cunning : 29

Immune: Body Light Dark
Resist: Slash Impact
Weak  : Fire Ice Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
2) Throat Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
3) Soothing Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Also grants a 105 Power heal to you or a nearby ally whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum.)
4) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
5) Volt Spear (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 100 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Enemies only.)
6) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
8) Needle Spray (Type: Impact, 20 SP. Attenuated 55 Power attack.)

Relic Upgrades:
Quick Summon (Your first Summon each turn is a free action (can use Summon as a normal action afterwards.))
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)

Inventory:
1 Might gem
9 Pure stone
2 Zephyr card
2 Heal gem
2 Curse rune
2 Pain glyph
2 Chakra gem
15 Heal stone
1 Mirror chime
11 Chakra stone
2 Pure gem
2 Night rune
1 Silver offering
1 Calm card
1 White essence

Current Credits: 5432

Codex Daemonium Completion
Personal Codex : 42 / 135 (31% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        4*         0          1*         6          0         
Impact       1*         0          1*         5          1         
Pierce       3*         0          1          6*         0         
Fire         0          0          2          1          4*         
Ice          1          1          2          2          2*         
Electricity  2          2          1          3          1*         
Body         0          2*         0          3          2         
Mind         0          0          1          6*         0         
Light        2*         1*         1          3          2         
Dark         0          2*         1          3          1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Well Fed Nero
Level: 14
MaxHP: 105
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 16
Magic   : 26
Vitality: 53
Agility : 13
Cunning : 12

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Warning Cry (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))

Name : Blessed Asrai
MaxHP: 68

Strength: 9
Magic   : 44
Vitality: 12
Agility : 31
Cunning : 24

Immune: Ice
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
2) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 10%.)
3) Might (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
4) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
5) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
6) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
8) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)

Name : Whirling Gremlin
MaxHP: 56

Strength: 21
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 15
Agility : 41
Cunning : 32

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
2) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Parry (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to parry Melee and Direct range Slash, Impact, and Pierce abilities if your last used ability was also such.)
5) Ghost Shock (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock. Moves you to different, randomly selected, position adjacent to the target.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
8) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)

Name : Blade Wolf (Maj. Raiju)
Level: 18
MaxHP: 69

Strength: 20
Magic   : 32
Vitality: 20
Agility : 46
Cunning : 22

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Fire Mind
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Electropulse (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has an 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
4) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
5) Absolving Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, or Hex from you or a nearby ally.)
6) Resolute (Type: Healing, Reactive. Reduces the remaining duration of each of your negative status effects by 20% of the current duration when damaged by attacks (excluding reactions). No effect on Stun or Shock.)
7) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
8) Witch Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt by 50%.)

Name : Turdak
Level: 16
MaxHP: 69

Strength: 29
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 23
Agility : 34
Cunning : 29

Immune: Body Dark
Resist: Pierce Ice
Weak  : Impact Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
3) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
7) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
8) Counterattack (Type: Slash, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 55 Power attack.)

Name : Stormkin Shisa
Level: 16
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 32
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 27
Agility : 23
Cunning : 20

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Holy Word (Type: Light, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Focusing Cry (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Cursebreak Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down from you or a nearby ally.)
5) Exorcist's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks deal 20% more damage to targets weak to Light.)
6) Storm Breath (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Breath (4))
7) Volt Spear (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 100 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Enemies only.)
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

It isn't very effective.
 Mordecai slashes your asrai.
 Your asrai freezes Mordecai.
 It's super effective!
 The bandit hits your asrai.
 Your asrai freezes the bandit.
 It's super effective!
 The bandit looks more tired.
 Blade Wolf leaps at Reprobus.
 Blade Wolf rends Reprobus.
 One of your allies is in danger!
 Using Command...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute,
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Dismiss...
 You unsummon your asrai!
 You swap places with your nero.
 Your nero gestures at Blade Wolf.
 Blade Wolf looks healthier.
 Reprobus takes a deep breath.
 Reprobus looks refreshed.
 Reprobus catches Reprobus' breath!
 Reprobus impales Blade Wolf.
 Reprobus impales you.
 Mordecai leaps at Blade Wolf.
 Mordecai rends Blade Wolf.
 Blade Wolf is stunned!
 Blade Wolf loses control!
 Blade Wolf looks more resolved.
 The bandit hits your nero.
 Your shisa's speed returns to normal.
 You and one of your allies are in danger!
 Reprobus impales Blade Wolf.
 The bandit hits your nero.
 Blade Wolf is no longer stunned.
 Blade Wolf electrocutes Mordecai.
 It's super effective!
 Mordecai slashes you.
 It isn't very effective.
 Mordecai slashes Blade Wolf.
 Blade Wolf staggers , barely staying
 upright!
 Blade Wolf cringes!
 Your nero hits Mordecai.
 Reprobus impales you.
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Preta
Level: 3
MaxHP: 37

Strength: 12
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 9
Agility : 18
Cunning : 17

Resist: Body
Weak  : Fire Ice Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Jiang shi
Level: 2
MaxHP: 36

Strength: 15
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 14
Agility : 16
Cunning : 9

Resist: Body Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Holy Kitsune
Level: 12
MaxHP: 63

Strength: 7
Magic   : 32
Cunning : 34

Resist: Mind Light
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Thunderous (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also has a 70% chance to delay the next turn of nearby enemies.)
3) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
4) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
5) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
6) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Chthonic Aithir
MaxHP: 72

Strength: 13
Magic   : 27
Vitality: 34
Agility : 19
Cunning : 27

Immune: Body Light Dark
Resist: Slash Impact
Weak  : Fire Ice Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
2) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 10, and if you start your turn with a Light or Dark cooldown of 2 or less, it is cleared.)
5) Brain Knocker (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 50% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to delay the next turn of the target.)
6) Stunning Blow (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
7) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
8) ------------

Name : Profane Atua
Level: 12
MaxHP: 65

Strength: 16
Magic   : 25
Agility : 16
Cunning : 39

Resist: Body Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Madness Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (6))
3) Witch Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt by 50%.)
4) Autoantipathy (Type: Mind, 5 SP. Must be used on a Panicked target. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Consume Vigor (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power), split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cooldown: Breath (6))
6) Spoil Touch (Type: Dark, 20 SP. 55 Power attack, followed by a 110 Power attack dealt as MaxHP damage that cannot reduce MaxHP below the target's current HP.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ehlose
Level: 13
MaxHP: 64

Strength: 33
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 40
Agility : 14
Cunning : 19

Immune: Body
Resist: Ice Electricity Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
2) Warning Cry (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
3) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:39 pm

:P I don't actually track Hero kills... as usual, my excuse for such is that I don't want to spam the poor toaster with lots of hits. I could maybe at least include such things in record files though, and then I'd have them here when people post them. Mordecai's always been one of the nasty ones, it's possible he got too nasty with those changes. We'll see where he sits in EB1 though, things will be somewhat different there. Though, aside from that, starting to wonder if it was a mistake to give heroes a bonus to status application rates, or at least as large a bonus as I did give them.

One question about your average stat build: Did you ever try out any of the Flash spells? Average stat builds in theory are great for using hybrid elemental stuff (like Volt Spear, which I see you have) and also Flashes, since they have enough Magic to make them work okay and enough Str/Vit to survive being in melee to use them.

Gi aren't immune to Ghost Shock, it's just crappy message log behavior: The 2 immune messages are from the Electricity damage (which they are immune to) and the Shock status effect attempt (which they are also immune to.)

Thanks for the report, as always. :D
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:22 pm

Don't know when heroism buff happened but I managed to successfully link with Reprobus like 3 times since I started playing. 2 times on 17.01.17 build and one time on the current 31.03.17 build. Not much of a proof, but one of my ghosts has demon with unconquerable passive and another demon with redeemed modifier. To kill Mordecai in 10 turns I used Tuofei with 85 power frost dart, Raiju fully build for chain shocking and Baleful Zagh with calm and absolution. As a summoner I was using only glyphs and heal stones/gems and used might+guardian gems before initiating link. Still barely managed to kill him with 1 turn left. I think this encounter could use a little nerf.
oneeyedjoe

Postby wizzzargh » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:28 pm

Ferret wrote:
One question about your average stat build: Did you ever try out any of the Flash spells? Average stat builds in theory are great for using hybrid elemental stuff (like Volt Spear, which I see you have) and also Flashes, since they have enough Magic to make them work okay and enough Str/Vit to survive being in melee to use them.

Nope, but my next character (who died like a doofus to Chaos Link Ignite) used the cold flash skills and Glacial and Frost armor to good effect. I was fortunate to get the cone one from a Whirling fusion, which was quite nice. That character was pure Magic though, not a stat hybrid.

oneeyedjoe wrote:Don't know when heroism buff happened but I managed to successfully link with Reprobus like 3 times since I started playing. 2 times on 17.01.17 build and one time on the current 31.03.17 build.

Well, to know it's been done is good enough for me.
wizzzargh

Postby wizzzargh » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:55 pm

An easy Hand of the Dead win with the Maul+Terrifying start that became extremely powerful after I found Needle Spray on one of West's zombies and Transposed Artemis for Crippler.
I was sort of amused by the fact that I found a lot of the abilities (like spiny veil) naturally instead of having to Transpose for them, but hey, whatever works.

All the Spray abilities are 'cannot miss,' right? But I don't think their description mentions that. I used Quake Hammer and Witch Arc for a bit, but since they could miss I eventually went for Bolt Spray instead. Though Witch Arc was really impressive for applying Hex, the Sprays let me start spraying from range and hit the entire enemy team reliably, unlike the abilities which could miss. Though, with +Acc from my Blessed Nero casting Focus Quake Hammer was usually alright- it was just that when I did miss, that also cut down on Bloodlust SP regain and Guilt-Bloodthirst regain so a few misses could actually spiral out of control and be very bad for my build, which was entirely reliant on constantly hitting.

I also decided to change things up and eat the Essences I found immediately. They were Cunning essences (and maybe on Vit one?) and I already had consume for emergency heals, so it seemed to work out well.

Mostly I went around with a buffer/debuffer demon, a buffer/healer demon, and a pure healer demon and did all the damage myself. Between massive guilt/bloodthirst heals, bloodlust, and oppressor, I could keep fighting at full strength while the enemy teams rapidly melted under Hex and Panic. The Debuffers/Buffers went from a Satyr(first time I ever kept a Satyr that long) to a Foul Aitvaras to a Foul Yuki-Onna.

I got Inquisition from Sainting Tlaloc which was a nice fast way to throw Guilt on the enemy team. Also Tlaloc spells Penance wrong in one of his no doubt rarely-seen bits of dialogue.

I only had two truly close calls- one with a Heroic Slenderman (I didn't really have the right elemental junk to kill him and a Might Gem didn't help matters since he kept charming my Eradicator Bigfoot(who had been caught via a truly laborious attempt to pin him between me and my demons in a 2x2 hallway, and fused with one of those porcupine things) I escaped through a portal, only to have Slenderman follow me as part of the link, which was... bad. Fortunately I had realized I needed to bail fairly early, and had a wind card to save me.

The other close call was a corpse encounter where an Incubus Charmed me and I unleashed my hell of Bolt Spray debuffs against my own team. I ended up having to sacrifice a demon negotiating with the Incubus, learn Quick Summon for once, and use Consume as a bootleg Quick Dismiss and heal to survive against everything else. Thanks to Recycle though, reviving my demons was a trivial cost as by the midgame I consistently had around 50k currency and not too much to spend it on.

I also ended up making an Archon Pele to help against those fairies with Obsession and Incubi(I met them for the first time this game), but against either Incubi or those fairies, I ended up getting charmed every turn I was Calmed for about 5 turns in a row and killed Pele myself. I could have revived her, but decided not to, probably because of her garish green color. I mean really, who is that, She-Hulk? The Jolly Green Giantess?

After that I just dealt with those fairies by linking with the Leib-Olmai they came with and smashing them with the Heroic buffs. It was maybe a little TOO effective a strategy and I did it lots. :?

Had some ghost fights that I basically melted, it wasn't even fair. The only one that threatened to be even remotely troublesome was one called 'Get Tired' that was absolutely drowning me in debuffs and Sepsis waves, but a Pure Gem took care of that. The Abatwa came from Shin and required a Pain Glyph and Night Rune to catch. I was hoping to find Firestarter for a rematch, but alas. Having fought an early game Pyre Rite ghost of my own making once, I've come to the conclusion that Pyre Rite is HELLA strong. Though of course everyone else seems to have come to this conclusion far before I did... :)

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 3/31/2017, Scoring Model: 3/31/2017
Dump file created at: 04/30/2017 16:16:56

Summoner Fist Of Dead...
was chosen by the Hand of the Dead,
selected Slash and Slash as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 75627,
is currently at Tower:23,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Fist Of Dead
Level: 33
MaxHP: 139

Strength: 115
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 19
Agility : 20
Cunning : 77

Resist: Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Bolt Spray (Type: Impact, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack.)
2) Counterattack (Type: Slash, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 55 Power attack.)
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Crippler (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt.)
5) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
7) Terrifying (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
8) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)

Relic Upgrades:
Consume (Delete Demon now restores your HP and SP based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = stronger effect).)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)
Quick Summon (Your first Summon each turn is a free action (can use Summon as a normal action afterwards.))

Inventory:
1 Tempest rune
3 Blizzard rune
5 Flame glyph
4 Frost glyph
1 Magic map
10 Chakra stone
3 Pure gem
1 Heart glyph
5 Heal gem
1 Meteor rune
18 Heal stone
9 Pure stone
6 Peace offering
2 Zephyr card
1 Venom rune
1 Bolt glyph
1 Bronze offering
1 Curse rune

Current Credits: 50575

Codex Daemonium Completion
Personal Codex : 48 / 135 (35% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        0          0          2          5*         0         
Impact       2*         0          2          5*         0         
Pierce       2          0          2          5*         0         
Fire         0          0          1          1*         5         
Ice          2          2          3          1*         1         
Electricity  0          1          1          5*         0         
Body         0          0          1          4*         2         
Mind         2          0          2          5*         0         
Light        2          1          0          4          2*         
Dark         0          1          1*         4          1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Ninkasi
Level: 31
MaxHP: 113

Strength: 24
Magic   : 40
Vitality: 39
Agility : 51
Cunning : 51

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
3) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
4) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (12))

Name : Sainted Tlaloc
Level: 32
MaxHP: 128

Strength: 23
Magic   : 83
Vitality: 41
Cunning : 40

Immune: Ice Electricity Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
4) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
5) Vengeful (Type: None, Passive. Responds to damage dealt to you by enemies by restoring 3 SP.)
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
8) Inquisition (Type: Light, 35 SP. 50% chance to inflict Guilt on enemy targets, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)

Name : Eradicator Bigfoot
Level: 39
MaxHP: 143

Strength: 112
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 47
Agility : 39
Cunning : 39

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Log Toss (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (6))
2) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
4) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
6) Lethal Thrust (Type: Pierce, 30 SP. 100 Power attack, enemies only.)
7) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)
8) Sentinel's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves defense and evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (12))

Name : Blessed Nero
Level: 23
MaxHP: 118

Strength: 26
Magic   : 47
Vitality: 47
Agility : 26
Cunning : 19

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
6) Focus (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)

Name : Aitvaras Kon (Foul Yuki-onna)
Level: 33
MaxHP: 129

Strength: 28
Magic   : 52
Vitality: 28
Agility : 27
Cunning : 80

Abilities Known:
1) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
3) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
4) Afflicter (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP for applying a new Body, Mind, Light, Dark, or Debuff status effect. (Poison stacking does not count as a new effect.))
5) Expose Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
6) Guarding Cry (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) Inquisition (Type: Light, 35 SP. 50% chance to inflict Guilt on enemy targets, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
8) Obsession (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 50% chance to inflict Charm, turning the target against its allies.)

Name : Eradicator Abatwa
Level: 25
MaxHP: 96

Strength: 40
Magic   : 19
Agility : 47
Cunning : 41

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Electricity Mind
Weak  : Fire Ice Body

Abilities Known:
1) Poison Needle (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)
6) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
7) Haste (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Improves speed by 33%.)
8) Might (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)

--==== Recent Messages ====--

The shojo looks healthier.
 You don't have enough SP to use Bolt Spray.
 You hit the shojo.
 It's super effective!
 You feel refreshed.
 Tlaloc shouts a word of power.
 The shojo resists.
 Bigfoot hits the shojo.
 It's super effective! The shojo is charmed!
 Bigfoot looks refreshed.
 The shojo looks more confident.
 The shojo is still charmed!
 The shojo gestures at himself.
 The shojo looks healthier.
 Your death worm hurls a lightning bolt.
 Your death worm shocks the shojo.
 It's super effective!
 You hit the shojo. You feel refreshed.
 Tlaloc meditates. Tlaloc looks refreshed.
 Bigfoot tosses a log.
 Bigfoot smashes the shojo.
 Bigfoot kills the shojo!!
 Your death worm seems pleased.
 Bigfoot looks refreshed.
 Bigfoot is no longer regenerating.
 You swap places with Bigfoot.
 Your death worm meditates.
 Your death worm looks refreshed.
 Your nero gestures at itself.
 Your nero looks healthier.
 Using Dismiss...
 Nevermind then.
 Using Dismiss...
 Nevermind then.
 Using Restore Demon...
 Nevermind then.
 You are no longer regenerating.
 There is a shimmering portal to Victory
 here. Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change
 levels.
 Really win the game and start a new cycle?
 (Y or N)
 You win!

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Leib-olmai
Level: 29
MaxHP: 108

Strength: 68
Magic   : 37
Vitality: 45
Agility : 30
Cunning : 15

Abilities Known:
1) Rend Asunder (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Life Pulse (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Only affects allies. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (12))
4) Calming Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Archon Pele
MaxHP: 121

Strength: 19
Magic   : 70
Agility : 28
Cunning : 50

Immune: Fire Mind
Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
3) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
4) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Energy Steal (Type: Body, 10 SP. Drains the target's SP by 20%, restoring your own SP by 66% of the amount drained. Cannot miss.)

Abilities Known:
1) Rend Asunder (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Life Pulse (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Only affects allies. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (12))
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Abilities Known:
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Abilities Known:
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Destined Yuki-onna
Level: 27
MaxHP: 115

Strength: 30
Magic   : 56
Vitality: 29
Agility : 29
Cunning : 41

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Haste (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Improves speed by 33%.)
7) Sentinel's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves defense and evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (12))
8) ------------

wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:43 pm

Congrats on another win. :D

Corpses are supposed to sometimes provide pretty exciting stuff. :) You may be well-adjusted to them at this point, but you've been playing at a high level for a couple of years now. :D Most people still regard them as horrifying; if there wasn't occasionally an awesome reward for searching them, people would throw things at me. :(

"Attenuated" includes "cannot miss", or at least mostly does (Attenuated attacks can be Dodged/Blocked, unlike true cannot miss); there shouldn't be any attenuated attacks that also say cannot miss. :D

That's probably only the second time anyone has seen that Tlaloc line. :) Unfortunately, the first time was by a FerretDev who is notoriously bad at spelling. :D Fixed now though, and thank you. :)

Heh... that Pele really does look more like She-Hulk or something. Weird that the color shift made her so relentlessly green. :D

Thanks for the report, as always. :) I hope you've got time to play in the experimental build once I have it ready :D
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Mon May 01, 2017 12:05 am

Don't you think that new attenuated pierce attacks are a bit too strong? They have large AoE, they are very accurate and also are great way of applying status effects. Slash AoE is very limited and impact one is very awkward to use, unless you like hitting your allies. But arrow sprays have very convenient AoE and also some range. And bloodlust makes them almost free to use.
oneeyedjoe

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion