My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs

Postby Ferret » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:55 pm

I'll just leave this here. :P

But, there is hope: Mummies don't have Innocence. They're also only 90% Speed. I'll leave it to your imagination to figure out how bad the stuff I'm not telling you about them must be given those facts. :D

Consume Vigor, at the absolute worst, is a Dark-element breath attack that deals the same damage any other breath attack does, for the same SP cost, and 2 turn longer cooldown (6 vs 4). In exchange, it also throws you some maxHP. :) As a sole source of maxHP drain, I can probably agree it may not be all that great, but given you're only paying a 2 turn longer cooldown for it relative to other breath attacks, I don't think it's bad.
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:48 pm

:o Lord have mercy. I hope mummies will have at least 3 weaknesses then.
Yea, as a source of bursty damage dark draining breath sounds good, but for withering targets into oblivion, which is the strength of maxhp drain mechanic, it doesn't sound useful.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Only 2 weaknesses on Mummies: Fire and Electricity. :)

Light you ask? They actually resist it :P Mummies were the product of sacred rituals after all. Of course, they also resist Dark, owing to their undead status. Good news though: only Body resistant, not immune. Being well-preserved has some disadvantages in undeath :D
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:16 pm

But what about weakness to slash? It's pretty easy to cut those rags they wrapped into. :D Hm, that brings up one interesting question: how do you wiggle between balance and "realism" when creating new demons? For example, shouldn't all ghosts be at least resistant to physical damage? But only wisps and banshees are, acheris, Charlie, polong, yuki-onna aren't. And why is gi weak to body magic? It's made of solid stone, why in the world it can be poisoned and infected. :shock:
Sorry for the offtopic. :roll:
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:45 pm

:D The rags are easy to cut, the probably beef jerky-like flesh beneath, probably not... and that's the important part of the mummy when you get down to remaining functional. :D

"Wiggle" is a good word for it, re: balancing between the mythology and gameplay. I usually let realism win unless it will cause significantly undesirable gameplay: to use your example, this is why *most* ghosts don't have physical resistance: physical resistances are intended to be relatively rare, but they wouldn't be if I was giving them out to every ghost, so I only allow it here and there, instead relying on high Agility to simulate it somewhat.

Re: Ghosts and physical attacks, if it helps from a realism angle, it may be worth keeping in mind that almost everything in the Tower is either:

a) A demon, undead, or other extraplanar lifeform
b) A human manifesting demon, undead, extraplanar powers from a seriously heavy-duty magical artifact
c) A hero capable of fighting demons and summoners head-on

So even when a "physical attack" sounds relatively normal, it's not toooo hard to imagine, given those sources, why it would still be effective on most ghosts. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:26 am

...is that your eViL1!1 mood?

I actually killed a group of Fethces without getting hit by destroying them with Light attacks from range.
Got to Tower 9, where I went to Anzu's Sanctum and died there.
Other than having to run from Maderva, not much happened before my death. Replaced my Kasha with Angel. Replaced it with kitsune after getting Angel's Mien on myself. Kept Exortism all the way to Kitsune. Also replaced Aspis with Chupacabra, keeping Poison Veil and Venomous. Was a great frontliner while it lasted.
I died from Anzu. Tried to recruit it, didn't think how much a Heroic Dragon Soul Breath is going to hurt. Probably should've killed it's helpers too, probably.
Any suggestions for the next character? I might do a full random/random except for stating demon run.
Code: Select all
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Faithful Heart,
selected Light and Buff as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 40596 (presently on cycle 2),
is currently at Anzu's Sanctum,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 12
MaxHP: 84
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 4
Magic   : 60
Vitality: 26
Agility : 9
Cunning : 21

Resist: Light
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
2) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
3) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
4) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
5) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
6) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
7) Holy Word (Type: Light, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
8) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)

Relic Upgrades:
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)
Revelation (Unlocks the Revelation transmutation, which grants a demon a random ability based on the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Quick Dismiss (Makes Dismiss a free action with a 1 turn cooldown.)

Inventory:
2 Meteor rune
1 Flame glyph
4 Pure stone
4 Heal gem
1 Chakra stone
1 Frost glyph
1 Pain glyph
2 Heart glyph
1 Bolt glyph
2 Heal stone
1 Calm card
1 Peace offering
1 Magic map
1 Chakra gem
2 Trouble chime
1 Blizzard rune
1 Guardian gem

Current Credits: 827

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 50 / 114 (43% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        0          0          0          4*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          4*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          4*         0         
Fire         0          0          1          3*         0         
Ice          0          0          1          2*         1         
Electricity  0          0          0          3*         1         
Body         0          1          0          2*         1         
Mind         2          0          3          1*         0         
Light        2*         0          2*         1          1         
Dark         0          0          0          2          2*         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Psychic Nero
MaxHP: 75
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 14
Magic   : 30
Vitality: 25
Agility : 14
Cunning : 27

Resist: Fire Ice Mind
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Mind Spike (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
6) Dazzling Gaze (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 65% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
8) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))

Name : Carbuncle
MaxHP: 53

Strength: 11
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 17
Agility : 36
Cunning : 33

Resist: Mind Light
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Dazzling Glare (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 50% chance to inflict Stun on enemies, causing them to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (10))
4) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) Minor Pain (Type: Mind, 15 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
6) Mind Blank (Type: Mind, 10 SP. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the target.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Solid Ruhin
MaxHP: 76

Strength: 7
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 34
Agility : 28

Immune: Body
Resist: Mind
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

A malign aura settles upon your party...
 Anzu shakes off previously taken damage.
 Anzu looks surly!
 You lose control!
 The demas hits your nero.
 Your nero gestures at itself.
 Your nero looks healthier. Anzu claws your nero.
 You are no longer stunned.
 Using night rune...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute, Escape to
 cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Dismiss...
 You unsummon your nero!
 Using night rune...
 cancel.
 You are out of control!
 You use the night rune.
 The bmola falls asleep! The demas falls asleep!
 Anzu resists.
 Anzu claws you.
 You are in danger!
 You are out of control!
 Your nero is no longer chilled.
 Anzu leaps at you. Anzu rends you.
 You are stunned!
 Anzu claws you.
 You are no longer stunned.
 You calm down.
 Using heal stone...
 cancel.
 You use the heal stone.
 You feel better.
 The bmola wakes up.
 The bmola throws a frost arrow at you.
 The bmola freezes you.
 You feel cold!
 Anzu claws you.
 The demas' power returns to normal.
 The bmola throws a frost arrow at you.
 The bmola freezes you.
 You feel like you will be cold longer!
 You stumble. The demas wakes up.
 Anzu leaps at you. Anzu rends you.
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Kasha
Level: 9
MaxHP: 50

Strength: 13
Magic   : 17
Agility : 25
Cunning : 23

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Mantra (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 2 turns. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
5) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))
6) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
7) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
8) Holy Word (Type: Light, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))

Name : Aspis
Level: 11
MaxHP: 73

Strength: 25
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 36
Agility : 17
Cunning : 17

Resist: Body
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Heavy Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Angel
MaxHP: 56

Strength: 17
Magic   : 30
Vitality: 21
Agility : 21
Cunning : 16

Immune: Light
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
5) Mantra (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 2 turns. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
6) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Chupacabra
Level: 10
MaxHP: 51

Strength: 28
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 16
Agility : 32
Cunning : 16

Resist: Electricity Body
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Exhausting Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Reduces the target's SP by 15.)
2) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
3) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kitsune
MaxHP: 59

Strength: 8
Magic   : 25

Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Thunderous (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also has a 70% chance to delay the next turn of nearby enemies.)
3) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
4) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
5) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))
6) Mending (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Actaeon
MaxHP: 79

Strength: 32
Vitality: 23
Agility : 32
Cunning : 10

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
5) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
6) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
7) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
8) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:09 pm

:D I don't really have an evil mood. I know roguelike devs get that reputation sometimes, but I don't know how often it's true. :)

Light attacks can be really good way to deal with them: most Light attacks don't make to-hit checks so Innocence won't protect them as well as it does normally.

Chachapumas. :) Those guys will always have a special place in my heart: way, way back in the day, they were the first melee character you ran into that had a charge attack. They were quite scary :D

Anzu is quite the chomper of summoners: but he makes a great ally, and the modifier he can give demons is quite interesting, having a rather drastic effect on the Magic stat. :) I won't deny he's dangerous, but he's definitely worth the trouble and risk :D

If you're looking for a new build to try, I've always been a fan of trying to combine MaxHP draining w/ Draw Wounds. :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:33 pm

The only reason I believe you is that you have access all the nasty stuff thrown at you.
As far as I can see, the best starting setup for MaxHP Drain + Draw Wounds is to start with Dark Hand of the Dead or Dark Orb of Power. Decided to go with Orb of Power for Transpose Soul, Mind secondary because I didn't want to repeat my earlier Dark/Debuff setup.
This build definitely is fun. I get to be a damage dealer and a healer at the same time. And I also get to worry about dying from resource misuse more than usual. I'm at my second character with this build.
The first never actually got Draw Wounds. I had a Gandayah to Transpose it from, but I didn't get that far. I had a different Gandayah that I made a lifegiver. It learned Uncurse and Absolve in addition to it's Cleanse. I died to Artemis. The funny thing is that I planed to recruit her but didn't link with her before dying. :) Had a 14/14 Snuff Out rate.
The second character is at Tower 4, about to go to Ccoa's Sanctum. He already has Draw Wounds. I recruited Headless and Artemis. Had to use Fire Runes against Actaeon because I didn't think to save my SP for Vigor Siphon before Artemis appeared. She almost died immediately to a corpse encounter. Lesson learned – don't have Artemis when looting corpses. He has 44/46 rate now.
Question – why does Reshape doesn't heal me very much? Draw Wounds heals my demons for more, but has lower power.

Level: 5
MaxHP: 52

Magic   : 40
Vitality: 8
Agility : 4
Cunning : 19

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Vigor Siphon (Type: Dark, 30 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
2) Snuff Out (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 130 Power attack, but misses if the damage would not be fatal. Cooldown: Dark (3))
3) Mind Blank (Type: Mind, 10 SP. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the target.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
6) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt.)
8) ------------

Relic Upgrades:
Translator (Reduces the cost of using Copy Ability on yourself by 50%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)

Inventory:
1 Trouble chime
1 Venom rune
3 Pure stone
1 Peace offering
1 Zephyr card
4 Heal stone
1 Ghost chime
1 Curse rune
1 Heart glyph
1 Night rune

Current Credits: 1556

Shared Codex   : 52 / 114 (45% complete)

Slash        1          0          0          5          2*         
Impact       0          0          0          5          2*         
Pierce       2          0          0          5          2*         
Fire         0          0          2          5*         0         
Ice          0          0          2          4*         1         
Electricity  0          0          0          6*         1         
Body         0          0          2          4*         1         
Mind         1*         0          2*         4          1         
Light        0          0          1          4*         2         
Dark         1*         0          2*         5          0         

Name : Malingee
MaxHP: 42

Strength: 27
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 12
Agility : 18
Cunning : 12

Resist: Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Freybug

Strength: 12
Magic   : 9
Cunning : 24

Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Goblin
MaxHP: 43

Vitality: 13
Agility : 19

Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
2) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
3) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 65

Strength: 18
Vitality: 31
Agility : 10
Cunning : 10

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
8) ------------

Name : Faerie
Level: 4
MaxHP: 37

Strength: 5
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 7
Agility : 23

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 10 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Artemis
MaxHP: 46

Strength: 18
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 10
Agility : 25
Cunning : 15

Resist: Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 50% accuracy.)
3) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) ------------

Name : Gandayah
Level: 2
MaxHP: 38
MaxSP: 125

Magic   : 15
Agility : 8
Cunning : 8

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Zombie
Level: 2
MaxHP: 54

Strength: 17
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 25
Cunning : 6

Weak  : Fire Electricity Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Infectious Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
3) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Slime
MaxHP: 54

Strength: 22
Vitality: 21
Agility : 5
Cunning : 14

Weak  : Pierce Ice Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
3) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
4) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Echeneis
MaxHP: 45

Strength: 11
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 20
Agility : 14
Cunning : 9

Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:32 am

Yeah, the Orb w/ Transmutation is probably the quickest way to get the abilities you want online. :)

I pretty much have the same feeling about it you do: you're quite powerful, but you can get in trouble if you get overeager with the Draw Woundsing :D

Re: Reshape, I seem to have misplaced the note, but I *think* I had and fixed (in this coming build) a bug where it was using No Stat instead of Magic for its Healing effect. (i.e.: You would get no bonus or penalty from high Magic): that would allow Draw Wounds to work better than Reshape, despite the lower power. )
Ferret

Postby Saler » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:38 am

Would making Reshape Magic based nerf it? I mean, people often put it on frontliner, who generally have low Magic.
I got to Tower 6, clearing Anomaly and Python's Sanctum that was in it.
Ccoa's Sanctum went smoothly. I tried to recruit Ccoa but, my Demons killed it while I was getting to a better possition.
The corpse encounter I got soon afterwards didn't go so smoothly? With multiple party members, including me, almost dying. I had to use all of my Healing Stones, my Charm Rune and negotiations.
Besides me recruiting more new demons, not much happen in Anomaly 1. Python's Sanctum was rather challenging, however, with several encounters giving me trouble. I actually tried to recruit Python, killing his minions, retreating to recover and only then engaging him. Couldn't kill him fast enough. Probably should've kept my Cursed Goblin out to inflict DEF Down.
In Anomaly 2 I encountered Ludoc, a group of Fetches and a group with a Glitch in it. Turns out Artemis is a good counter against Fetches because they will just keep using basic attacks, with isn't nearly as scary as MaxHP drain they inflict. Ludoc and Glitch were troublesome to me. Speaking of Glitch, I think it's description says “your adversary the master”, with looks like a misspelling.
In Anomaly 3 I fought Paracelus. Does he always spawn here? It was yet another hard battle thank to his healing, Aithers and my team having 4 Light weaknesses. I had to retreat to recover after killing some of his demon with Snuff Out.
My party has 4 Light and 3 Dark weaknesses, witch is bad, and I feel like my healing could be better. But I think my party is pretty good. I have Artemis with Blood and Flesh Rot (I'm also relying on ACC up/ EVA down for her hiting thing because Sure Shot is too expensive), a Headless, a Cursed Goblin with Expose, Hinder and Ratting Cry, a Gi and a Chaos, all of witch have proven to be useful demons. I also got Life Siphon on myself, with should be good with Draw Wounds and Gluttony.
And since a new version is coming soon: will Codex Daemonim carry over?
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Dark and Mind as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 6141,
is currently at Tower:6,
and is still alive!

MaxHP: 71

Magic   : 55
Agility : 4

Resist: Mind Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Vigor Siphon (Type: Dark, 30 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
2) Snuff Out (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 130 Power attack, but misses if the damage would not be fatal. Cooldown: Dark (3))
3) Mind Blank (Type: Mind, 10 SP. Four 40% chances to delay the next turn of the target.)
4) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
5) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
6) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt.)
8) Life Siphon (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)

Relic Upgrades:
Translator (Reduces the cost of using Copy Ability on yourself by 50%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)

Inventory:
1 Trouble chime
1 Venom rune
1 Peace offering
6 Pure stone
2 Zephyr card
1 Ghost chime
1 Curse rune
1 Night rune
4 Chakra stone
2 Heal stone
1 Heal gem
1 Pure gem

Current Credits: 691

Shared Codex   : 56 / 114 (49% complete)

Slash        1          0          1          4          2*         
Impact       1          0          0          5          2*         
Pierce       1          0          0          5          2*         
Fire         1          1          1          5*         0         
Ice          0          0          2          5*         0         
Electricity  0          1          0          5*         1         
Body         2*         0          2          4*         1         
Mind         1*         1          1*         4          1         
Light        0          0          1          2*         4         
Dark         1*         0          2*         2          3         

Name : Cursed Goblin

Vitality: 14
Agility : 19
Cunning : 38

Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
2) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
3) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
6) Rattling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce accuracy by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
7) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
8) ------------

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 82

Strength: 23
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 39
Agility : 13
Cunning : 13

Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
8) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)

Name : Artemis

Strength: 23
Agility : 31

Resist: Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 50% accuracy.)
2) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
8) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)

Name : Lifegiver Fotia
MaxHP: 61

Strength: 6
Magic   : 34
Vitality: 15
Agility : 15
Cunning : 25

Immune: Fire
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Fan Flames (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Must target an Ignited character. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target for an unusually long duration. Cannot miss.)
4) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
7) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Name : Gi
MaxHP: 80

Vitality: 44
Cunning : 8

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Slash Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Lob Stone (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (4))
2) Stunning Blow (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Stone Stance (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 15% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks if your last action was not movement.)
4) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
5) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Chaos
MaxHP: 63

Strength: 13
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 28
Agility : 13

Immune: Mind
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Life Siphon (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Freybug

Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kasha
MaxHP: 36

Strength: 10
Magic   : 13

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Chindi
Level: 6

Magic   : 21
Vitality: 16
Agility : 16

Immune: Body
Resist: Slash Pierce Ice Dark
Weak  : Impact Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vile Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
2) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
3) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
4) Snuff Out (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 130 Power attack, but misses if the damage would not be fatal. Cooldown: Dark (3))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Malingee
Level: 7
MaxHP: 47

Agility : 21

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Faerie
MaxHP: 44

Magic   : 22
Vitality: 8

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 10 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Blob
MaxHP: 63

Strength: 28
Vitality: 28
Agility : 12
Cunning : 11

Resist: Impact Electricity
Weak  : Fire Ice Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Saler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion