My characters and YASDs

The tower awaits!

Re: My characters and YASDs.

Postby Saler » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:29 pm

Well, I decided to skip that Sanctum and I'm at Tower 19 and while I havn't cleared it, I'm probably not going to. As far as I can tell, I have 2 groups left: a Summoner whose name I forgot and a group of Light demons lead by a Ruler. Summoner battles are hard enough with a planed and well developed, and I basicly took whatever demon I could. Also, he had a Unique. The Light demons seem to deal a bit too much damage to comfortably deal with. Maybe I could win, but I don't think I should risk it.
I finaly got the name of the demon that chased me out of Anzu's Sanctum: Impudulu. And I got my revenge. :twisted:
The most troublesome fights I had were against droups of 2 Faeries, 2 Abatwa and a Unicorn. Those Poison Needles are kinda nasty. Rakshasas also gave me some trouble.
While all of my current demons are doing a good job, Tlaloc and Imbued Jinn seem like most useful of them. Probably because they both have AoE magic and AoE support.
Not much hapened with my party development: I recruited a Shojo at gave it Soothe, and Tlaloc also has Vigorous now.
Going to go to Tower 20 later to make sure I'm at my best while doing it - don't want to mess it all up right here. I might even take a nap before doing it.
Code: Select all
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Pierce and Buff as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 28234,
is currently at Tower:19,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Saler
Level: 21
MaxHP: 119
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 60
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 37
Agility : 49
Cunning : 5

Resist: Body
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Impale (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Riposte (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to attacks by adjacent enemies that miss you or that you dodge or parry with a 70 Power attack.)
3) Fervor (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
5) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
6) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
7) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
8) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Quick Dismiss (Makes Dismiss a free action with a 1 turn cooldown.)
Copy Saver (Reduces the cost of Copy Ability by 25%.)

Inventory:
2 Mirror chime
2 Trouble chime
1 Meteor rune
2 Pure gem
1 Ghost chime
3 Peace offering
1 Chakra stone
1 Venom rune
3 Pure stone
1 Heal gem
1 Pain glyph
3 Heal stone

Current Credits: 1994

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 47 / 114 (41% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        0          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       2          0          1          6*         0         
Pierce       2*         0          0          7*         0         
Fire         1          1          1          2*         3         
Ice          1          1          4          1*         1         
Electricity  1          1          0          4          2*         
Body         2          0          3*         4          0         
Mind         0          0          0          5*         2         
Light        0          0          0          5*         2         
Dark         0          1          1          5*         0         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Tlaloc
Level: 26
MaxHP: 116

Strength: 25
Magic   : 66
Vitality: 43
Agility : 25
Cunning : 21

Immune: Ice Electricity Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Vengeful (Type: None, Passive. Responds to damage dealt to you by enemies by restoring 3 SP.)
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

Name : Imbued Jinn
Level: 23
MaxHP: 109

Strength: 26
Magic   : 47
Vitality: 33
Agility : 26
Cunning : 33

Immune: Fire
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fireball (Type: Fire, 30 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
4) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
5) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
6) Guarding Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Bonnachon
Level: 22
MaxHP: 93

Strength: 44
Magic   : 32
Agility : 16
Cunning : 25

Resist: Fire Ice Body
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Smash (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
3) Putrid Breath (Type: Body, 35 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 50% chance to inflict Infection, hindering HP and SP recovery. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Shoggoth
Level: 20
MaxHP: 96

Strength: 42
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 42
Agility : 24
Cunning : 30

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. 50% accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Hob
Level: 17
MaxHP: 82

Strength: 21
Magic   : 35
Vitality: 30
Agility : 19
Cunning : 30

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
4) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Shojo
Level: 26
MaxHP: 106

Strength: 43
Magic   : 40
Agility : 14
Cunning : 40

Resist: Ice Body

Abilities Known:
1) Life Bloom (Type: Healing, 30 SP. Only affects characters with the Regeneration effect. 105 Power heal.)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Envenom (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Sulfuric Angel
Level: 10
MaxHP: 56

Strength: 12
Vitality: 16
Agility : 20
Cunning : 17

Immune: Fire Light
Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
5) Burning Star (Type: Fire, 35 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
6) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifebender Hob
Level: 15
MaxHP: 90

Strength: 16
Magic   : 39
Vitality: 34
Cunning : 22

Abilities Known:
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
4) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
5) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
6) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kuchisake
MaxHP: 97

Strength: 35
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 32
Agility : 35
Cunning : 42

Immune: Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
2) Throat Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
3) Madness Glare (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 50% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (14))
4) Bravado (Type: Mind, Passive. Presence cooldown recovers 50% faster when your HP is at 50% or less of maximum.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 77

Strength: 20
Magic   : 33
Vitality: 28
Agility : 17
Cunning : 27

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Gandayah
Level: 1
MaxHP: 35
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 11
Magic   : 14
Agility : 7
Cunning : 7

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Re: My characters and YASDs - First Victory!

Postby Saler » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:25 pm

I did it! I won!
Tower 20 wasn't all that eventful, actualy. It's not like I expected a huge jump in dificulty (that will hapen if/when this game will have a final boss), but I expected to have more than 1 or 2 chalaging figths. One time I couldn't recover all of my party's HP before having to enter another fight and also ended up taking a few AoE attacks. The other time I ran into a group of demon that had high magic and could use Rage, Drain Life and Drain Vigor and had a lot of resistances. It was hard to take those guys down. I cleared that floor.
My party, obviously, had little development this floor. I just spread some abilities that, in my opinion, would make my party more effective at dealing with various nasty surprises.
My final score is 31208. This run was certainly full of stresful moments, however after the party wipe at Floor 16, I didn't have as many problems. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I guess. (Shame my demons didn't get stronger...)
Starter 2nd cycle with Faithful Heart (Light/Buff) with Malingee as my starter demon. I'm probably not going to post about my progress as often as I did now that I won, but I will still try to make posts sometimes.
I think I'm going to be a bit more experemental with my party builds now. Try to be more flexible and try out various demos and stratagies. Probably still am going to fuse Lifegiver demons for Cleanse/Calm/Absolve.
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Pierce and Buff as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 31208,
is currently at Tower:20,
and is still alive!

MaxHP: 124

Strength: 63
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 38
Agility : 50
Cunning : 5

Abilities Known:
1) Impale (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Riposte (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to attacks by adjacent enemies that miss you or that you dodge or parry with a 70 Power attack.)
3) Fervor (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
5) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
6) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
7) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
8) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Copy Saver (Reduces the cost of Copy Ability by 25%.)

Inventory:
2 Mirror chime
2 Trouble chime
1 Meteor rune
2 Pure gem
1 Ghost chime
3 Peace offering
1 Venom rune
3 Pure stone
1 Heal gem
1 Pain glyph
5 Heal stone
1 Calm card
1 Silver offering

Current Credits: 2281

Shared Codex   : 47 / 114 (41% complete)

Slash        0          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       2          0          1          6*         0         
Pierce       2*         0          0          7*         0         
Fire         1          1          1          2*         3         
Ice          1          1          4          1*         1         
Electricity  1          1          0          4          2*         
Body         2          0          3*         4          0         
Mind         0          0          0          5*         2         
Light        0          0          0          5*         2         
Dark         0          1          1          5*         0         

Name : Tlaloc
Level: 27
MaxHP: 120

Magic   : 67
Vitality: 45

Immune: Ice Electricity Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Vengeful (Type: None, Passive. Responds to damage dealt to you by enemies by restoring 3 SP.)
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

Name : Imbued Jinn
Level: 24
MaxHP: 111

Strength: 27
Magic   : 48
Agility : 27
Cunning : 34

Immune: Fire
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fireball (Type: Fire, 30 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
4) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 25 or more SP by 10 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Guarding Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Bonnachon
Level: 23

Strength: 45
Vitality: 45
Agility : 16
Cunning : 26

Resist: Fire Ice Body
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Smash (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
3) Putrid Breath (Type: Body, 35 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 50% chance to inflict Infection, hindering HP and SP recovery. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Shoggoth
Level: 21
MaxHP: 100

Strength: 44
Vitality: 44
Agility : 24
Cunning : 31

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. 50% accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Level: 18
MaxHP: 85

Strength: 22
Magic   : 37
Vitality: 31
Agility : 19
Cunning : 31

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Shojo
Level: 27
MaxHP: 110

Strength: 45
Magic   : 41
Vitality: 44
Cunning : 41

Resist: Ice Body

Abilities Known:
1) Life Bloom (Type: Healing, 30 SP. Only affects characters with the Regeneration effect. 105 Power heal.)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Envenom (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

There is a shimmering portal to Victory here.
 Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change levels.
 Really win the game and start a new cycle? (Y or
 N)
 You win!

Name : Sulfuric Angel
MaxHP: 56

Agility : 20

Immune: Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
5) Burning Star (Type: Fire, 35 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
6) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifebender Hob
MaxHP: 90

Strength: 16
Magic   : 39

Abilities Known:
5) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
6) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kuchisake

Strength: 35
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 32
Agility : 35
Cunning : 42

Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
2) Throat Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
3) Madness Glare (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 50% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (14))
4) Bravado (Type: Mind, Passive. Presence cooldown recovers 50% faster when your HP is at 50% or less of maximum.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Gandayah
Level: 1
MaxHP: 35

Agility : 7
Cunning : 7

Abilities Known:
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:44 pm

Congrats on your first win Saler. :D You definitely had a strong comeback after the near-disaster on 16. :D

The reports of this last game in particular have been fun to read, in part because you've been giving at least one successful case of being able to recover from both a party wipe and from missing large chunks of XP. :D It's one thing for me to babble on about how the math and numbers are supposed to make it possible, it's another to have a data point that suggests that this is in fact true. :)

Don't let the somewhat easy ride you got on Tower:20 fool you though: Tower:20 has been a source of some rather nasty battles for other players, and there is a certain Hero who often (but not always) shows up there who is quite nasty. But no, it isn't intended to be a special jump in difficulty: in the scheme things, Tower:20 is just another Tier 2 floor.

(I've posted about this elsewhere, but in summary, Demon's content is divided into 4 Tiers which correspond roughly to how challenging they are supposed to be. Currently, all in-game content is Tier 1 or 2, the easier two Tiers. The next build will be adding the first Tier 3 content: Tower floors 21 through 23. You won't see Tier 4 unless/until I do post-game content. There is of course, some variance within Tiers: they tend to get a little rougher as you go, and side-dungeons are intended to be significant spikes in challenge, quite easily surpassing the usual bounds for a given Tier. Anomaly has been remarked on as being one of the hardest parts of the current game, and this is by design, despite it being Tier 1. There's no point in making side dungeons optional if there's no reason to avoid them :D )

Please feel free to post as often as you like, regardless of how many wins you have. :D I love reading and learning more about my game from other people's experiences with it. :D

Congrats again, and thank you for the reports! :D
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:48 pm

Congratulations- especially on winning with a melee character! It was fun to follow along with your character's progress.

Tower:20 has some nasty things (I also often have trouble with those Ikiryo you mentioned), but the only real jump in difficulty there is from the horrible ghosts some players have intentionally or otherwise left there...
wizzzargh

Postby Remora » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:36 am

Congratulations on your first victory! It's always quite an experience for the first time in a roguelike.
Remora

Re: My characters and YASDs

Postby Saler » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:20 pm

Thank, everyone! That was a tough strugle. Thanks to you espeacialy, Ferret. Without that savegame recovery this wouldn't have been the victorious run. :)
Started a Fathful Heart Light/Buff character as my 2nd cycle. I just cleared Anomally 2 and oUr SaNcTuM1!1 has spawned. I feel it's going to be a thing, so to speak. I'm generally trying to recruit demons I don't have in my Codex, but I usualy just kill them if I'm not sure if I could use them in my party.
Starting with Protect seems to actualy make me significantly more powerful. Humble + King's Mien is a great way to start fights, and Humble by itself is very good against protec link enemies and Summoners AND large corpse summoned groups.
I tried to power myself up by repeatedly using Revelation with Kasha to get acess to more Light skills, but I got Mantra, Exortism, Humble and Quite Prayer before geting Holy Word, and those 4 seemed like they would be mostly useless for me.
I recruited Actaeon. Humble + king's Mien was extreemly effective here. I also kill Zaji and Ludoc. I got Vigorous from Zaji and Aspis from Ludoc.
I also punched a Gremlin to death after Humbling him with only help from my demon being an OFF down. :)
Next, I guess I'll see what insanity oUr SaNcTuM1!1 has to offer.
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Faithful Heart,
selected Light and Buff as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 35312 (presently on cycle 2),
is currently at Anomaly:2,
and is still alive!

Level: 8
MaxHP: 69

Strength: 4
Magic   : 43
Vitality: 22
Agility : 4

Resist: Light

Abilities Known:
1) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
2) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
3) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
4) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
6) Rattling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce accuracy by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
7) Holy Word (Type: Light, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
8) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)

Relic Upgrades:
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)
Revelation (Unlocks the Revelation transmutation, which grants a demon a random ability based on the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)

Inventory:
2 Meteor rune
1 Flame glyph
5 Pure stone
5 Heal gem
1 Chakra stone
2 Frost glyph
1 Night rune
1 Pain glyph
1 Heart glyph
1 Bolt glyph
2 Heal stone
1 Calm card
1 Pure gem
1 Peace offering
1 Purple essence
1 Magic map

Current Credits: 201

Shared Codex   : 48 / 114 (42% complete)

Slash        2          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          7*         0         
Pierce       1          0          0          7*         0         
Fire         0          0          2          4*         1         
Ice          0          0          2          2*         3         
Electricity  0          0          0          6*         1         
Body         0          1          1          4*         1         
Mind         2          0          3          2*         2         
Light        2*         0          3*         2          2         
Dark         0          0          1          3          3*         

Name : Actaeon
Level: 7
MaxHP: 63

Magic   : 6
Vitality: 19
Cunning : 8

Weak  : Fire Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
5) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
6) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kasha
MaxHP: 44

Magic   : 15
Vitality: 15
Agility : 22

Resist: Fire Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Mantra (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 2 turns. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
5) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))
6) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
7) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
8) Holy Word (Type: Light, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))

Name : Psychic Nero
MaxHP: 60

Magic   : 25
Vitality: 20
Agility : 11

Resist: Fire Ice Mind
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Mind Spike (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
6) Dazzling Gaze (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 65% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
8) ------------

Name : Carbuncle
Level: 9
MaxHP: 46

Strength: 9
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 15
Agility : 31
Cunning : 29

Resist: Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Dazzling Glare (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 50% chance to inflict Stun on enemies, causing them to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (10))
4) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Aspis
MaxHP: 59

Strength: 21
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 30
Agility : 13
Cunning : 13

Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Heavy Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Solid Ruhin
MaxHP: 62

Strength: 6
Magic   : 11
Agility : 23

Resist: Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Preta
Level: 3
MaxHP: 39

Magic   : 9
Vitality: 9
Agility : 18

Weak  : Fire Ice Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Echeneis
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 10
Cunning : 9

Abilities Known:
1) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Raicho
Level: 4
MaxHP: 31

Strength: 5
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 5
Agility : 29

Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Shocking Touch (Type: Electricity, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Freybug

Vitality: 11
Cunning : 23

Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Solid Malingee

Magic   : 5
Vitality: 23
Agility : 21
Cunning : 11

Resist: Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
5) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
6) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
7) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
8) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah

Strength: 14
Agility : 9

Abilities Known:
2) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
3) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
4) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Saler

Postby Ferret » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:58 am

No problem. :) I'm glad I was able to fix it up for you. :D

oUr SaNcTuM1!1 is definitely a thing, as you put it. :) It is also a deadly thing, so be on your guard. :D

Protect is a pretty solid buff all around. You have enough SP to plaster it on your entire party in the first turns of a fight, and right there you've boosted their survivability a fair bit. It only gets better if you also have some healing, access to Guilt, and/or if they have life-draining attacks.

Humble's a funny little ability. You aren't able to use it often, but it's worth having just for that opening shot, and King's Mien in particular can make it a very, very nice start to any fight. Protect captureables are where it truly shines, as you noted: no shortage of full HP enemies during one of those. :D

Exorcism shouldn't be underestimated though. There are plenty of enemy groups where most, or even all, of the enemies are vulnerable to it. :D Heck, there are even entire floors of the dungeon where almost everything you encounter will be weak to Light (usually, Sanctums.) If Exorcism proves handy, that will make Mantra and Quiet Prayer useful, since unlike Humble, Exorcism is useful to use more than once in a fight.

Thanks for the report. :) I always appreciate these :D
Ferret

Postby Saler » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:03 pm

I finaly stoped geting distracted by Distorted Travesty 3 and played Demon again. Cleared Anomally.
oUr SaNcTuM1!1 was, in fact, a thing. You must've been in an eViL1!1 mood while desining it.
Then it was Anomally 3. Wasn't as eventful as last time, with only Paracelsus apearing. I actualy had to run at the end this time, but I then killed him with poison. I also encountered Fetches for the first time, and I see why people hate them.
I decided to use Revenation on Actaeon, seing how basicly all of his skills are good. I got Second Wind, with goes preaty well with my Holy Word :) . Used a Second Revelation and got Opressor, with is a good skill in general.
I know that Exortism is good :) . Helped me a lot in Anomally. It's just that I wanted a reliable attack, with it isn't.
Kasha is the next to be replaced probably, to be honest. It's the demon I had for the longest time (Besides, I think, Actaeon, but it's a Unique).
Tower 6 next. After I stop geting distracted again.
Summoner Saler...
was chosen by the Faithful Heart,
selected Light and Buff as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 37161 (presently on cycle 2),
is currently at Tower:6,
and is still alive!

Strength: 4
Magic   : 49
Vitality: 24
Agility : 4
Cunning : 19

Resist: Light

Abilities Known:
1) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
2) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
3) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
4) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
6) Rattling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce accuracy by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
7) Holy Word (Type: Light, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))
8) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)

Relic Upgrades:
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)
Revelation (Unlocks the Revelation transmutation, which grants a demon a random ability based on the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)

Inventory:
2 Meteor rune
1 Flame glyph
2 Pure stone
5 Heal gem
1 Chakra stone
2 Frost glyph
1 Night rune
1 Pain glyph
1 Heart glyph
1 Bolt glyph
4 Heal stone
1 Calm card
1 Peace offering
1 Purple essence
1 Magic map
1 Chakra gem
1 Trouble chime

Current Credits: 1858

Shared Codex   : 48 / 114 (42% complete)

Slash        2          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          7*         0         
Pierce       1          0          0          7*         0         
Fire         0          0          2          4*         1         
Ice          0          0          2          2*         3         
Electricity  0          0          0          6*         1         
Body         0          1          1          4*         1         
Mind         2          0          3          2*         2         
Light        2*         0          3*         2          2         
Dark         0          0          1          3          3*         

Name : Actaeon
MaxHP: 72

Strength: 29
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 21

Weak  : Fire Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
5) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
6) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
7) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
8) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))

Name : Kasha
MaxHP: 50

Strength: 13
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 17

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Mantra (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 2 turns. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
5) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))
6) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
7) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
8) Holy Word (Type: Light, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (4))

Name : Psychic Nero
MaxHP: 68

Strength: 13
Magic   : 28
Agility : 12
Cunning : 24

Resist: Fire Ice Mind
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Mind Spike (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
6) Dazzling Gaze (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 65% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
8) ------------

Name : Carbuncle
Level: 11
MaxHP: 51

Vitality: 17
Agility : 34
Cunning : 32

Resist: Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Dazzling Glare (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 50% chance to inflict Stun on enemies, causing them to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (10))
4) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Aspis
MaxHP: 67

Strength: 23
Vitality: 33
Agility : 15
Cunning : 15

Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Heavy Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Solid Ruhin
MaxHP: 70

Strength: 6
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 31
Cunning : 24

Resist: Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Preta

Vitality: 9
Agility : 18

Weak  : Fire Ice Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Echeneis
MaxHP: 41

Abilities Known:
1) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Raicho
MaxHP: 31

Strength: 5
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 5

Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Shocking Touch (Type: Electricity, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Freybug

Vitality: 11

Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Solid Malingee

Magic   : 5
Agility : 21
Cunning : 11

Resist: Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
5) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
6) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
7) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
8) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah

Strength: 14
Agility : 9

Abilities Known:
2) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
3) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
4) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:16 am

Oh, hey. :) Sorry for the slowish reply, trying to limit my forum time while I'm in "must... finish... build" mode. :D

I wasn't in an evil mood. :D Just a playful one. :) I wanted to experiment with some weird things mechanically, and a bug plus chance comments from a couple of players about the bug gave me the idea for Anomaly. :D It even fit the setting/story, which was a nice bonus. :)

If people don't like Fetches, I can only imagine what they'll make of Mummies in the next build. :)

Second Wind is probably going to be much more interesting soon, with the new breath weapons like Numbing Breath (Body damage+paralysis), Consume Life (HP drain breath), Consume Vigor (MaxHP drain breath), and Consume Will (Mind damage+sleep). I have high hopes for Consume Life in particular: I think it will prove quite popular with Magic-based melee characters

By the by, I should point out that while Demon is in alpha, I'm not preserving save game compatibility between versions. :( It's a fair bit of work to do that (as I am finding out to my sorrow with preserving ghosts, man that was a dumb thing of me to promise :P ) , and the vast, vast, vast majority of players don't last long enough in a given run for it to be an issue. :P You may want to keep the installs separate if you want to finish this game. :D

Thanks again for the report. :) I hope you enjoyed oUr SaNcTuM1!! :D
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Ferret wrote:If people don't like Fetches, I can only imagine what they'll make of Mummies in the next build. :)

I have a baaad feeling about this. Every time when I encountered fetches I had at least one demon go down to 10/10 maxhp. Sometimes I ever hit my own demons just to disable fetches' bonuses from innocence.

Consume vigor breath attack sounds really... weak, in fact. MaxHP draining abilities only scary when you can use them a lot, but once in 6 turns and with lowish power after the 1st attack... It will be useful against those holy packs of angels/archangels/rulers, but that's about it.
oneeyedjoe

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion