Streaming on Twitch

The tower awaits!

Streaming on Twitch

Postby LuckyLuckLuc » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:43 am

Nice game, really like it.

Streamed it on twitch for a bit and I intend to do so again. Check me out!

www.twitch.tv/LuckyLuckLuc2
LuckyLuckLuc

Re: Streaming on Twitch

Postby wizzzargh » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:42 am

Nice, I'll definitely check this out

Watched the stream, was pretty fun seeing you encounter new stuff. Better luck next time with Actaeon, I think your Wisp pretty much showed you how to survive that style of link...

As a quick note on user interface- if you want to swap abilities, it's the '=' button, and if you want to accelerate through combat a bit faster you can press a key(pretty much any key) while the demons are doing their things and it'll fast forward to your turn. Of course, paying attention to what's happening is usually a lot safer than skipping through all the animations and message... You can also see your demon's stats by pressing > or < on their skill screen.

Also it was pretty funny seeing your viewers talk about Raicho being based on Raichu, but the pokemon is inspired by various mythological japanese critters, and the Demon variant simply IS one of those original Japanese critters... :ugeek:
wizzzargh

Postby LuckyLuckLuc » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:02 pm

Glad you enjoyed wizzargh. Thanks for the interface help. Maybe I'll catch you live sometime in chat! Should be streaming it today at some point.
LuckyLuckLuc

Postby Ferret » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:13 pm

Hey LuckyLuckLuc, and welcome to the forum. :D

I just finished watching the stream. :D Probably no surprise I enjoy watching streams of Demon, but they're awesome in particular because it's one of the most effective ways of getting feedback, which is amazingly helpful for a game still in alpha. :) I really appreciate you taking the time to stream Demon, so thank you very much for doing so and fpr telling me about it. :D Lemme see if I can answer some of the questions you had. :)

wizzzargh already helped with some of your interface questions, but you can also access an options menu with -, which will let you adjust some of the confirmation prompts you indicated you might want less of, among other tweaks. :)

Re: Food clock, yeah, Demon doesn't have one. :) Demon's philosophy is more along the lines of "I'll let you rest between most fights, but each fight is going to be tuned assuming you were fully rested when it started."

No gear, at least at the moment. A limited gear system will eventually be added, but abilities and Copy Ability are supposed to fill that role somewhat. (i.e.: Rather than equipping armor, you pick up defensive Passive abilities, rather than new weapons, you pick up new attacks, etc.) Eventually, I do plan to add a limited gear system where you basically get to equip 1 "accessory" to each party member. I don't want to do more than that because you already have a fair bit to manage just from the party and their abilities.

wizzzarrgh already took the Raicho questions too, so I'll just add that, generally speaking, nearly every demon in the game is drawn straight, usually with no embellishment, from mythology.

Finally, if you play Demon with an active internet connection, it sends your score to the leaderboard when you die. The end game was showing you your score and the nearest 5 or so in each direction. You can view the top 50 in game by pressing the \ key. Note that scores are tied to a "scoring model" version, when this version number is updated, the scoreboard is effectively wiped. I usually do that when significant balance or content changes occur.

Thank you again for streaming Demon, I'm really glad you're enjoying it. :) It's still early-ish in development, but I'm happy to have people playing it and having fun with it. :D
Ferret

Postby LuckyLuckLuc » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:06 pm

Thanks for making such a neat roguelike :)
I agree with everything here, don't think this game needs a "food clock" or equipment. Pretty good as is so far!

Eager to see this game develop further, good luck!
LuckyLuckLuc

Postby Munchies » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:00 pm

I agree also. You basically can get "equipment", so to speak, from killing heroes and taking an ability that they have.

Can't wait to see what's in tune in the next update. Loving the game.
Munchies

Postby Ferret » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:31 pm

Oh, hey Munchies. :D Welcome to the forum. :D I'm glad you're enjoying the game. :)

To be honest though, the next update is one of those boring UI upgrades I sometimes let myself get talked into it. :P I really loathe UI work, but... I admit it does make the game better, so I go along with requests for upgrades to it now and then.

The one after that should be more exciting though I hope. :D

Thanks again for playing, and good luck :D
Ferret

Postby LuckyLuckLuc » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:08 pm

Bump*

STreaming

Follow me on steam or twitch to check out when I go live.

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791435530713

www.twitch.tv/LuckyLuckLuc2
LuckyLuckLuc

Postby LuckyLuckLuc » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:08 pm

At it again, new build hype!
LuckyLuckLuc

Postby Ferret » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:23 am

Argh! Would love to have caught it live, but while I'm out of town, computer access is limited in both quantity and quality. I'll catch the reruns off your Twitch profile. :D I hope it went well, I admit I was a bit nervous about it with a build that I didn't have time to fully test. :D (With reason, based on the bug Masque reported :( )
Ferret

Next

Return to General Discussion