Ctrl+arrows during links

The tower awaits!

Ctrl+arrows during links

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:49 pm

Is it possible to make linked demons respect ctrl+arrows? I've just lost Asrai quest because it moved towards enemy in a bad position and never returned :(
Sandman25

Re: Ctrl+arrows during links

Postby Ferret » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:07 pm

I'll think about it, but... link quest demons aren't your minions yet. They're not necessarily supposed to or intended to follow your orders. Part of the challenge is that they have their own plan (which may not even be a good one) and you have to match it and make it work, rather than them following your strategy.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:24 pm

Ferret wrote:I'll think about it, but... link quest demons aren't your minions yet. They're not necessarily supposed to or intended to follow your orders. Part of the challenge is that they have their own plan (which may not even be a good one) and you have to match it and make it work, rather than them following your strategy.

I understand that. Yet it's really frustrating when you get Distrust without your fault, I spent all heal stones/gems I had and runes are not smite targeted so they wouldn't help :(
Sandman25

Postby wizzzargh » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:08 pm

I find during Asrai links I have to spend a good portion of my time repeatedly displacing the Asrai to keep it safe. If you can lure it to a corridor where you can have 2 demons block off one direction while you and another block off the other with the asrai in the middle, the link is much easier.
wizzzargh

Postby Sandman25 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:11 pm

That's what I usually do too. This character was probably the worst for protect links: a debuffer with weakness to all physical damage so I had to retreat behind my demons too. Still I would complete the quest if Asrai didn't advance forward to be attacked by 3 monsters instead of just 2.
Sandman25

Return to General Discussion