Haietlik?

The tower awaits!

Haietlik?

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:16 pm

How do you deal with a pack of 3 Haietliks and 2 Gandayahs? They annihilate everything too fast, even my level 6 Haietlik almost died despite being supported by 2 healers. I cannot even retreat behind a corner because the level is mostly unexplored.

Edit. Haietlik died. "You and all your allies are in danger". Survived with 1 HP, all 7 demons are in red and I had to use bronze offering to hire another Haietlik in the fight to survive.
Sandman25

Re: Haietlik?

Postby Shadowdweller » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:30 pm

Asrai work well against them. At least Gandayah don't heal. One thing to keep in mind: Their bolt chain adds extra damage against adjacent allies when you get shocked. So try to stagger your positioning if possible. Hordes of shooting enemies can be a pain.
Last edited by Shadowdweller on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowdweller

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:35 pm

I have just entered Anomaly for the first time (right after seeing a demon of Ludoc who killed me last time on the same level so I just skipped the fight and dived) and now I see that Haietlik is not that bad.
Brutal Aeras is much worse :( Haietlik eventually ran out of SP, with Aeras it is not going to happen...
3 electic bolts to random enemies, +50% chance to cause Shock and +30 SP for applying Shock. I am doomed unless I leave the floor immediately :( Being weak to Electro is not as good as I thought :(
Last edited by Sandman25 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sandman25

Postby Shadowdweller » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:43 pm

The number of bolts from Emit Sparks is random actually...it's USUALLY less than three...but yes, Aeras can be unpleasant. As can Fotia. Both can be supported by Neros - which are potent healers. Anomaly's something of a meat grinder, really. But at least there's plenty of cover.

There are a lot of enemies weak to light and dark attacks in there. So if you or your allies can deal damage of those attack types...
Shadowdweller

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:48 pm

I see. My party is weaker than usually. I haven't met a single Saint Easg or Ghoul, for example. Still it is fun to see so many new monsters in Anomaly ;)

Edit. I was lucky to learn Shocking Stab (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.) from Haietlik so together with Auraward it allowed me to kill them. Unfortunately I failed Aeras quest, that would be awesome ally.
Sandman25

Postby Shadowdweller » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:51 pm

It's still doable without. I certainly venture in on every single game. I do think the boss is probably my (personal) single, biggest sticking point in the entire game though. Be forewarned.
Shadowdweller

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:58 pm

Thanks!

I didn't notice that Shocking Stab does not trigger Auraward :( so Auraward is good only for magic-based characters and not for my str-based character. I activated Nero link, expecting to die soon anyway.
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:44 pm

Even I die to Haietlik packs more often than I'd like to admit. :) Probably one of the nastier encounters in the current mid-game.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:33 pm

I guess it's possible to create an anti-Haietlik demon, something like this:

Code: Select all
Name : Huo shu
Level: 3
MaxHP: 39
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 12
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 16
Agility : 10
Cunning : 13

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
5) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
6) Storm Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
7) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)

Resistance to electro would be even better of course.
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:00 pm

It's possible. :) But, then, the Haietlik will do everything possible to avoid ever shooting at a demon that well protected. :D If you're going to handle it this way, you'll need to set things up where they can't reach any other targets (or at least, no other non-Haietlik proofed targets). 2 such demons would probably be ideal, backed up by smiters/supporters who won't be hampered by having the elec-blockers in front.
Ferret

Next

Return to General Discussion