Panic and Zombies

The tower awaits!

Panic and Zombies

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:29 am

Zombies cannot get panic, right? Or am I just unlucky? I don't see a message that they resist it.

Code: Select all
Slap Silly (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Panic,  causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
Sandman25

Re: Panic and Zombies

Postby Ferret » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:59 am

Standard Zombies are Mind Immune and shouldn't be panickable, correct. :) However, for "extra" effects like the Panic on Slap Silly, you won't see a Resist message if it fails, you just see nothing extra at all. If the Panic part works, you'll see Panic and the yellow circle VFX on the target.

This is mostly to cut down clutter, particularly for physical attacks which often have relatively low chances to do extra things, especially if you stack some passives.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:45 am

Description of the skill does not mention that target uses Mind to resist Panic, maybe it should be changed for clarity.
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:47 am

Oh, that's what you were getting at. :D I wasn't sure if it had worked on a zombie or not.

I could add it, in at least some cases... but tooltip space is very tight for some abilities. :)

The manual does specify status conditions are associated with specific elements (such as Panic -> Mind), but I admit it would be nice to have it on the tooltip too. I'll make a note to look into it next time I'm in the UI neighborhood. :D
Ferret

Return to General Discussion