YASD - Orb of Power/Ice/Ice

The tower awaits!

Re: YASD - Orb of Power/Ice/Ice

Postby Shadowdweller » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:14 pm

Sandman25 wrote:I almost always have problems with them because of most my demons being weak to fire at this point and lack of ranged damage which is not fire.
I didn't previously...for the most part. But it's gotten to the point of me specifically training fire-resistant tanks that can charge them in the early levels. Preferably loaded with Echeneis' ice touch attack. Maybe just a run of bad luck or some poor tactics on my part.
Shadowdweller

Postby Sandman25 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:21 pm

Shadowdweller wrote:But it's gotten to the point of me specifically training fire-resistant tanks that can charge them in the early levels.

Well, this is how I normally play - I try to have a demon with resistance to ice, another demon with resistance to fire, third with immunity to body and so on. Except I don't use Pounce often now, I noticed that even being resistant does not help much vs some stacks so sometimes it's better to have 2 demons with resistance to fire slowly advancing (so I get 2 wounded demons instead of 1 dead one) and preferably a healer.
Sandman25

Postby Shadowdweller » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:22 am

And...win. Tried to build a Twilight Lightpriest (Faithful heart, light, healing) this time around, but then got paranoid since this build has been giving me problems and kept a healer around constantly; which naturally undermines Twilight. Stuck to light and dark powers throughout most of the game, which might have been a mistake. Since a fair few enemies end up being resistant to both. That said, lots of foes with weakness to light...so definitely a very serviceable element. I picked up Judge's Mien from a Easg Saint just before the midgame and thereafter decided to invest a bit in Cunning, as opposed to my usual full-magic thing with smite priests. I was quite satisfied with it until the end game, when powerful allies and brutal enemies lead me to try swapping out the slot for something else. Met Jayle again this time around, but my allies quickly managed to dispatch her while I was running away. A well developed Turdak is a sight to behold :) Glad I did run though...since it allowed me to avoid being surrounded by her hordes. Even individually said hordes were a bit painful.

Items of note:
* Light resistance is fantastic. I didn't end up muted a single time. Not to mention that Aithir packs in the Anomaly can be incredibly lethal if one gets hit by a slow under unlucky circumstances.

* I didn't get to play around with that Yuki-onna much, since I recruited her on the last level...but it helped immensely in the last few fights. Sort of like a cold Pele, I guess. I presume it is known that her Wintry Touch is lacking a description?

* Need to get around to making another battle-dancer or at least loading Turdak with Mobility. Effective perma-haste...or better, presuming it stacks with swiftness... would be completely insane.

* Bloodthirst seems a little underwhelming when first obtained. Seems to get a lot better in the latter levels compared to other self-healing abilities, however...perhaps due to better multi-target attacks and increased damage output.

* Got to play with Eternal Glory this time around, courtesy of a Warded Shoggoth (in a pack of Warded Shoggoths and Cynecephali - completely insane battle). Who I promptly sacrificed via Mind Matrix to a normal Shoggoth so as to preserve base stats. Don't I'll be using that power again...the soul counter ticks down so slowly it seems essentially like a one or two-use power. I understand the inability to swap it out while on cooldown...but makes the ability that much more painful. Think I much prefer Die Hard.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 2/3/2016, Scoring Model: 2/3/2016
Dump file created at: 2/14/2016 2:58:23 AM

Summoner Safirian...
was chosen by the Faithful Heart,
selected Light and Healing as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:20,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ===--

Name : Safirian
Level: 23
MaxHP: 125
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 9
Magic   : 96
Vitality: 32
Agility : 4
Cunning : 34

Resist: Light
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Major Pain (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Has two 70% chances to delay the next turn of the target.)
2) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (3))
3) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
5) Mass Agony (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Does not affect non-enemy targets, or targets with Agony. 85 Power attack. Applies Agony. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (3))
6) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))

Inventory:
1 Bolt rune
4 Trouble chime
5 Heal gem
3 Student's tome
1 Meteor rune
7 Heal stone
4 Chakra stone
1 Pure gem
3 Silver matrix
1 Pure stone
1 Sage's tome
2 Spirit chime
1 Frost rune

--==== Current Party ===--

Name : Artemis
Level: 17
MaxHP: 95

Strength: 33
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 18
Agility : 48
Cunning : 23

Resist: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 50% accuracy.)
3) Vehemence (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Briefly raises accuracy and offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities.)
5) Hex (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 50% chance to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt by 50%.)
6) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
7) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
8) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)

Name : Nero
Level: 18
MaxHP: 97
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 16
Magic   : 43
Vitality: 43
Agility : 22
Cunning : 16

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-125 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))

Name : Miodchaoin
Level: 20
MaxHP: 115

Strength: 48
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 48
Agility : 18
Cunning : 18

Resist: Body
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
2) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
3) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
4) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
5) Mighty Roar (Type: Impact, 40 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (8))
6) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
7) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
8) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)

Name : Turdak
Level: 21

Strength: 31
Vitality: 31
Agility : 41

Immune: Body Dark
Resist: Pierce Ice
Weak  : Impact Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
3) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
7) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)

Name : Shoggoth
MaxHP: 103

Strength: 37
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 47
Agility : 28
Cunning : 31

Resist: Impact Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. 50% accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
3) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
4) Eternal Glory (Type: Healing, Passive. Fully restores HP when HP reaches 0. Cannot be discarded when on cooldown. Cooldown: Soul (90))
5) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
6) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
7) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
8) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities.)

Name : Unicorn
Level: 22
MaxHP: 102

Strength: 29
Magic   : 45
Agility : 29
Cunning : 25

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
5) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Sainted Ruler
MaxHP: 106

Strength: 13
Magic   : 55
Agility : 19
Cunning : 41

Resist: Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Punish (Type: Light, 15 SP. Must target a character whose last action was a damaging ability. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (3))
2) Might (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
3) Silence (Type: Light, 15 SP. 50% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
4) Lightning Bolt (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
5) Mass Punish (Type: Light, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was a damaging ability. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (3))
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Battle Cry (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)

Name : Yuki-onna
Level: 23
MaxHP: 98

Strength: 20
Magic   : 53
Vitality: 26
Agility : 26
Cunning : 40

Immune: Ice
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 20 SP. -no description available-)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
4) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)

--==== Recently Slain Allies ===--

Name : Malingee
Level: 3
MaxHP: 38

Strength: 24
Magic   : 5
Vitality: 10
Agility : 16
Cunning : 10

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
6) ------------
7) ------------

Name : Violent Jiang shi
MaxHP: 45

Strength: 23
Magic   : 5
Vitality: 14
Agility : 15
Cunning : 8

Immune: Body
Resist: Ice Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
6) Absolving Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, or Hex from you or a nearby ally.)
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)

Name : Vikhor
Level: 4
MaxHP: 40

Strength: 11
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 11
Agility : 23
Cunning : 14

Resist: Ice Electricity Mind
Weak  : Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Cleave (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
6) Parry (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to parry Melee and Direct range Slash, Impact, and Pierce abilities if your last used ability was also such.)
7) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
8) ------------

Name : Huo shu
MaxHP: 39

Strength: 12
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 16
Agility : 10
Cunning : 13

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
5) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
6) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
7) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)

Name : Easg saint
Level: 5
MaxHP: 46

Strength: 6
Magic   : 24
Vitality: 10
Agility : 20
Cunning : 15

Abilities Known:
1) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
2) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (3))
4) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Light attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Guilt on targets whose last action was a damaging ability, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
5) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Sulfuric Akateko
Level: 14
MaxHP: 66

Strength: 8
Magic   : 47
Vitality: 19
Agility : 32
Cunning : 14

Immune: Fire Body
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% if the damage dealt.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 30 SP. 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (more SP = more Power). Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Breath (8))
4) Burning Star (Type: Fire, 35 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
5) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
6) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
7) Frost Dart (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
8) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Cooldown: Endure (3))

Name : Warded Druj nasu
Level: 15

Magic   : 20
Vitality: 49
Agility : 8
Cunning : 40

Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
2) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 25 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times). Can't miss.)
3) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. Infects an enemy near the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Filth Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Infect adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
5) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
6) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Warded Shoggoth
MaxHP: 107

Strength: 26
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 60
Cunning : 22

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. 50% accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) Eternal Glory (Type: Healing, Passive. Fully restores HP when HP reaches 0. Cannot be discarded when on cooldown. Cooldown: Soul (90))
6) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
7) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
8) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)

Shadowdweller

Postby Sandman25 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:30 pm

Congrats!

I think there are monsters who at least resist 2 any elements so Dark/Light are not very different here.

Do you mean that Light resistance prevents Slow debuff? I thought there is no way to defend vs debuffs except by Vitality and there is no protection from some stasuses like Stun from Pounce at all.
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:39 pm

Congrats. :D First win on the 20-floor Tower. :D

Yeah, with Light resistance, your chance of being Muted is low enough most enemies won't bother even trying to land it on you. :D Enemies who pass it on w/ physical attacks... or who have very high Cunning... may still try, but that'd be about it. (Note for Sandman's question: I think what Shadow was saying was that Slow + Aithir's Light Darts becomes deadly, but with Light resistance, the Light Darts don't matter much even if you get Slowed.)

Didn't know about the Wintry Touch description bug. :D Fixed locally though. Probably won't release a build just for that though, not many people get up to T:19 yet. :) FYI: It's a 100 Power Ice attack, applies the same Chill almost all other Ice stuff does.

Re: Bloodthrist. The Tower's broken up into 3 "tiers, each of which has certain balance guidelines. For ferrety reasons I'm not willing to describe all of it, but some of them, for example are:

Tier 1 (floors 1 to 10): Single target attack limit: 70 Power, AE or cannot miss attack limit: 55 Power, Rank 1 modifiers.
Tier 2 (floors 11 to 20): Single target attack limit: 85 Power, AE or cannot miss attack limit: 70 Power, Rank 2 modifiers.
Tier 3 (floors 21+): Single target attack limit: 100 Power, AE or cannot miss attack limit: 85 Power, Rank 3 modifiers.

Obviously these are guidelines and not rules: Huo Shu appear on Tower 2 and have an 85 Power attack.. but it is melee and relies on more stats than normal since it is Slash/Fire. Generally speaking, if there are exceptions to these, they usually come at a cost of some kind. But, this does verify your feeling about Bloodthrist. As you get higher in the tower, attacks get stronger (and not just at the same relative rate HP grows), so Bloodthirst will become more effective as you go.

Eternal Glory may need a buff, but I was so spooked about the ability I wanted to err on the side of caution at first. The cooldown is definitely slow: it basically requires full clearing 9 dungeon floors to come back once used. Main thing I'm afraid of is making it good enough where it becomes "required". There are too few ability slots for me to go around letting that happen. :D

Congrats again on the first T:20 win. :)
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:31 pm

Aithirs are deadly for unaware player IMHO, I unexpectedly lost a demon from almost full HP. By the way are there any plans to provide some numbers? I am sure I would appreciate "It can deal 12-15 damage to you and has 24% chance to ignite you" ;)
Sandman25

Postby Shadowdweller » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:17 am

Yup, yet another win. Titan's Fist / Defense / Pierce. I kinda cheesed out by immediately finding and passing through the portal on level 20 (where the really interesting monsters are), but I really wanted another melee win. Basic character concept this time around was using Heavy Guard to inflict maledictions on the enemy. Worked pretty well with Parry AND Block Physical...except that I eventually traded out Parry for Triad Ward and then Charm Veil. All in all was still fun. I still kind of suck at melee characters...I'm sad to have to admit that I think my major errors have been learning when to charge in, guns blazing, and when to hang back. As well, maybe, as how not to outdistance one's healers while charging :P Anyway, played more conservatively this time around and...with a couple notable, painful exceptions...well I won, so did pretty well I guess :)

Came within a single attack of succeeding on a link with Reprobus. Alas, Mordecai got in a lucky stun and well...that's that. He gave me Crippler though, which was all kinds of fun, so I wasn't too depressed about it. My main...well, only...nonbasic physical attack throughout the game was Piercing Thrust. The SP cost was low enough that I was able to avoid SP-regen skills. I didn't mess with the (forthcoming) skill on my main character this time around, but I'm afraid I've got to say - I think Earth Break needs some rebalancing. It's something I really have to justify NOT taking on melee characters. And it's something I end up giving to ALL of my non-battle-dancing minions. The cost is easily regained with Bloodlust (5 SP regen per target damaged with physical attacks); and the large area of effect couple makes it ideal for debuff delivery or HP gain via Bloodthirst (25% damage inflicted becomes HP regen); the nomiss is just icing on the cake. Maybe would be more workable with a 1 round delay or something. I don't know.

My major challenge of the game was just getting monsters to attack me :) Damage taken during the early game was a bit too swingy for me to want to eschew melee minions to duck behind...but during the latter levels I began to feel more comfortable with just artillery and a healer behind me for most fights. I still kept some tanks around for things like MaxHP drainers, electrical enemies, or heavy hitters such as Oni. The electrical vulnerability wasn't too bad this game for some unknown reason, but I did have one difficult fight in the midgame against a swarm of like 8 Raicho. Other notables included outpacing my healer against a Jinn / Ben Nefilim group...which cost me multiple healing stones...while my healer refused to advance. I lost Pele due to taking foolish risks against Oni groups though fortunately AFTER I had managed to learn Alluring Veil from her. At one point I got drained down to 40 max HP from Ichikiryo (sp?) out of 112 while failing to cower effectively behind Turdak.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 2/13/2016, Scoring Model: 2/3/2016
Dump file created at: 2/17/2016 3:54:29 PM

Summoner Faru Falu...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Defense and Pierce as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:20,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ===--

Name : Faru Falu
MaxHP: 123

Strength: 55
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 34
Agility : 40
Cunning : 37

Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Piercing Thrust (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Haunt (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has two 70% chances to delay the enemy's next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (6))
3) Crippler (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
6) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
7) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
8) Heavy Guard (Type: Impact, Reactive. Responds to blocking and parrying attacks by adjacent enemies with a 40 Power attack that has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)

Inventory:
8 Sage's tome
3 Silver matrix
1 Trouble chime
1 Pain rune
1 Wind card
1 Venom rune
1 Night rune
3 Blizzard rune
5 Heal stone
1 Student's tome
1 Flame rune
1 Heal gem
2 Chakra stone
1 Chakra gem
1 Heart rune

--==== Current Party ===--

Name : Nero
MaxHP: 93

Magic   : 41
Vitality: 41
Agility : 21
Cunning : 16

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
4) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
8) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)

Name : Centaur
MaxHP: 93

Strength: 37
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 37
Agility : 36
Cunning : 19

Resist: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Needle Shot (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
7) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)

Name : Turdak

Strength: 31
Vitality: 31
Agility : 41

Resist: Pierce Ice
Weak  : Impact Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
3) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
5) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

Name : Hulking Shoggoth
MaxHP: 114

Strength: 53
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 45

Abilities Known:
2) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. 50% accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
3) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
4) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
6) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
7) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)

Name : Lifebender Banshee
Level: 20

Strength: 9
Magic   : 59
Vitality: 34
Cunning : 29

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Mind Scream (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 40 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
2) Share Pain (Type: Mind, Passive. Your Mind attacks deal 0-50% more damage based on your current health (less health = more damage).)
3) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
4) Frost Arrow (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
5) Chilling Blast (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
6) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
7) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
8) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)

Name : Unicorn
MaxHP: 102

Strength: 29
Magic   : 45

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
5) Lifegiver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Yali
Level: 19
MaxHP: 88

Strength: 47
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 29
Agility : 32
Cunning : 20

Abilities Known:
1) Maul (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
3) Hand of Light (Type: Light, Passive. Your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks may instantly kill targets weak to Light (less HP = higher chance, 0% chance until 25% of maximum HP, 100% chance at 16%).)
4) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
7) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
8) ------------

Name : Ruler

Magic   : 48
Vitality: 40
Agility : 24
Cunning : 32

Resist: Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Punish (Type: Light, 15 SP. Must target a character whose last action was a damaging ability. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (3))
2) Might (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
3) Silence (Type: Light, 15 SP. 50% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
4) Lightning Bolt (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ===--

Name : Slime
Level: 1
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 17
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 17
Cunning : 11

Weak  : Pierce Fire Ice Electricity Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
3) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
4) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
5) ------------
6) ------------

Name : Huo shu
Level: 2
MaxHP: 37

Strength: 11
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 15
Agility : 9
Cunning : 12

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------

Name : Cursed Slime
MaxHP: 57

Magic   : 6
Vitality: 16
Cunning : 23

Weak  : Pierce Fire Ice Electricity Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
3) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
4) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
5) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
6) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Easg saint
Level: 10
MaxHP: 61

Magic   : 32
Vitality: 14
Agility : 26
Cunning : 20

Abilities Known:
1) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
2) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (3))
4) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Light attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Guilt on targets whose last action was a damaging ability, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
5) Cull (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (3))
6) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Dark damage you deal to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum heals you for 50% of the damage dealt.)
7) Frost Dart (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
8) Agony (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Cannot be used on a target with Agony. 85 Power attack. Applies Agony. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (3))

Name : Angel
Level: 11
MaxHP: 62

Strength: 15
Magic   : 36
Vitality: 23
Agility : 23
Cunning : 8

Resist: Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
2) Mending (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
3) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Frost Arrow (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Yali
Level: 16
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 42
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 26
Cunning : 18

Abilities Known:
1) Maul (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
3) Hand of Light (Type: Light, Passive. Your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks may instantly kill targets weak to Light (less HP = higher chance, 0% chance until 25% of maximum HP, 100% chance at 16%).)
4) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
5) ------------
6) ------------

Name : Holy Bmola
MaxHP: 92

Strength: 18
Magic   : 46
Vitality: 22
Cunning : 32

Immune: Ice
Resist: Light

Abilities Known:
1) Frost Arrow (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Chilling Blast (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) Punish (Type: Light, 15 SP. Must target a character whose last action was a damaging ability. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (3))
5) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
6) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
7) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
8) Mending (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)

Name : Pele
MaxHP: 94

Strength: 14
Magic   : 57
Vitality: 25
Agility : 25
Cunning : 19

Immune: Fire
Resist: Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
8) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
Last edited by Shadowdweller on Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shadowdweller

Postby Ferret » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:56 am

Congrats on win #2. :D

Re: Earth Break

I think the problem might be Bloodlust more than Earth Break. EBreak's 20 SP cost, combined with its awkward AE shape and basically melee range puts it in line with every other AE out there. Cannot miss and -15 Power is also fairly standard for many AEs.

It's main differences are (as you point out) that it benefits several times over from all sorts of Physical passives, in particular Bloodlust, which negates the otherwise unusually expensive (for a melee ability) SP cost more or less completely in most encounters.

Probably I need to do a little of both:

1) Bump all Physical AE SP costs up slightly (5-10?) to compensate for the wide array of extra passive effects they can trigger that aren't available to say, Fire, Electricity, and Ice AEs. (There are some for these, such as Kitsune's Thunderous, or Aeras' Galvanize, but generally speaking these effects tend to be more minor and/or more conditional than things like Terrifying, Venomous, etc.) I will possibly skip this for AEs with cooldowns (Mighty Roar, Slash Dance, etc.)
2) Make Bloodlust not give full SP per target (whether it has diminishing returns or just caps at 1 target I haven't decided yet)

Thank you as always for the feedback and report. :D Apparently I need to get to work expanding the Tower upward again soon. :P
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:44 am

Nono, don't expand the tower- now's the time to start smokescreening with infinitely recycled content! In addition to the 'Win' portal, place a 'Portal to Elsewhere' and fling the player into an infinite depth pit of randomly generated demon packs with appropriately scaled levels and modifiers! Face the terror of a pack composed of Level 20 Volcanic Ukobach and Hulking Goblins!
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:16 am

wizzzargh wrote:Nono, don't expand the tower- now's the time to start smokescreening with infinitely recycled content! In addition to the 'Win' portal, place a 'Portal to Elsewhere' and fling the player into an infinite depth pit of randomly generated demon packs with appropriately scaled levels and modifiers! Face the terror of a pack composed of Level 20 Volcanic Ukobach and Hulking Goblins!

B...but I don't like recycling...
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion