YASD: Orb of Power/Mind/Electricity

The tower awaits!

YASD: Orb of Power/Mind/Electricity

Postby Sandman25 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:48 pm

While my other game is blocked I started another combo recommended by Ferret. I must confess I don't get its idea, it does not look easy to me. 40 Power attack for 10 SP is my best attack and being weak to all physical damage means I should be very careful. I almost died to Brutal Jiang Shi who used Pounce on me. Though I cannot complain since I used Orange Essence to heal and now I have 2 Jiang Shis :)
Not sure what to get except Healing Charm, Tireless and probably High Voltage.
I already had to disband 3 allies :(

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 12/15/2015, Scoring Model: 8/22/2015
Dump file created at: 12/16/2015 6:43:11 PM

Summoner SandmanXXV...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Mind and Electricity as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:1 & 1/2,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ===--

Name : SandmanXXV
Level: 2
MaxHP: 43
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 4
Magic   : 40
Vitality: 5
Agility : 4
Cunning : 12

Immune: Mind
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Mind Spike (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Mind Scream (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 40 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
3) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 25 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
4) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 20% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
5) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
6) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
7) Shocking Touch (Type: Electricity, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
8) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)

Inventory:
1 Silver matrix
3 Heal stone
1 Chakra stone
2 Heal gem
2 Pure stone
1 Heart rune
1 Night rune
1 Venom rune

--==== Current Party ===--

Name : Goblin
MaxHP: 36

Strength: 11
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 11
Agility : 15
Cunning : 15

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
2) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 20% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
3) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------

Name : Slime
Level: 1
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 17
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 17
Cunning : 11

Weak  : Pierce Fire Ice Electricity Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
3) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Cooldown: Endure (5))
4) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
5) ------------
6) ------------

Name : Freybug
MaxHP: 32

Strength: 9
Vitality: 9
Agility : 13
Cunning : 18

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------

Name : Raicho
MaxHP: 27

Magic   : 7
Vitality: 4
Agility : 23
Cunning : 17

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Shocking Touch (Type: Electricity, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
4) ------------
5) ------------

Name : Gandayah
MaxHP: 35
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 9
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 18
Agility : 7
Cunning : 7

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 20 SP from the user to the target.)
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------

Name : Faerie
MaxHP: 31

Strength: 5
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 5
Agility : 17
Cunning : 14

Resist: Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Reduces Luck cooldown by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 25% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) ------------
5) ------------

Name : Jiang shi
MaxHP: 38

Strength: 15
Vitality: 14
Agility : 16
Cunning : 9

Immune: Body
Resist: Ice Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) ------------
6) ------------

Name : Brutal Jiang shi
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 21
Magic   : 5
Vitality: 15
Agility : 12
Cunning : 7

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Focusbreaker (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
6) Throw Rock (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (3))
7) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 20% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
8) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ===--

Last edited by Sandman25 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandman25

Re: CiP: Orb of Power/Mind/Electricity

Postby Ferret » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:03 am

The idea here was for a very stat focused, very safe build. The only stat you truly need with the starting abilities is Magic, Magic, and Magic. All three starting abilities don't require line of fire, so you're free to stay at maximum range and behind your allies.

If you want to keep to that, I'd recommend looking for SP boosting abilities to keep the (rather low power and high SP cost, admittingly) core abilities as spammable as possible. Adding in healing or buffing definitely works, and you could also branch into Light or Dark smiting for some higher power options like Humble, Punish, Exorcism, Agony, etc. Or, you can develop Cunning and add debuffs too.. but really, I think this build will shine best if you leave it to where you can go crazy town on Magic. Even 40 Power abilities will hit decently with extreme investments in Magic... and if you can slip in some other "cannot miss" Magic abilities with > 40 Power later, even better.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:11 am

I see, thanks for the explanation. I got XL 6 Ghoul again (Solid this time) while being XL 2 myself, am I just extremely lucky?
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:17 am

Ghouls might need to be a bit harder to capture. :P I was gentle with rebalancing "kill X in Y turns" after I allowed them to move between floors and revealed the nearest enemy on the map for you because I didn't want them to go from "broken due to bugs" to "broken due to difficulty" after making everyone wait so long. :D But yeah, capturing a Level 6 at 2 should be harder than it seems to be.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:58 am

Killing 8 monsters is probably fine as long as XL of the Ghoul is reasonable (otherwise it just kills everyone on its own :)). 8 monsters is a lot and also I lost my only chance to get a Kasha because we cannot have 2 links active at the same time.
Sandman25

Postby Sandman25 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:58 am

I learned Tormentor to improve SP management and then decided to use Silver matrix on Jiang Shi to get more cunning and abilities for Freybug. Luckily it got Cull (cannot miss!) and Dark Omen (extra source of group damage is always nice). Also I got an Ukobach, I am low on fire-resistant monsters as I learned from previous game. I have both silver and gold matrix but don't see a good use for any.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 12/15/2015, Scoring Model: 8/22/2015
Dump file created at: 12/16/2015 8:53:20 PM

Summoner SandmanXXV...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Mind and Electricity as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:3,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ===--

Name : SandmanXXV
Level: 3
MaxHP: 45

Magic   : 43
Vitality: 6
Cunning : 13

Immune: Mind
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Mind Spike (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Mind Scream (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 40 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
3) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 25 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
4) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 20% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
7) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
8) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)

Inventory:
1 Silver matrix
3 Heal stone
2 Chakra stone
3 Heal gem
2 Pure stone
1 Heart rune
1 Night rune
1 Venom rune
2 Pure gem
1 Curse rune
1 Gold matrix

--==== Current Party ===--

Name : Goblin
MaxHP: 38

Strength: 12
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 12
Agility : 16
Cunning : 16

Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
2) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 20% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
3) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Profane Freybug
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 8
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 8
Agility : 13
Cunning : 23

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Cull (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (3))
6) Dark Omen (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Pariah, causing the target's allies to take damage when the target does (excluding reactions).)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Gandayah
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 10
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 21
Agility : 9
Cunning : 9

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 20 SP from the user to the target.)
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------

Name : Faerie
MaxHP: 34

Strength: 6
Magic   : 15
Agility : 18
Cunning : 15

Resist: Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Reduces Luck cooldown by 1 turn. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 25% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 125 Power heal. Cooldown: Endure (5))
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) ------------

Name : Brutal Jiang shi
MaxHP: 46

Strength: 22
Vitality: 16
Agility : 14
Cunning : 8

Abilities Known:
5) Focusbreaker (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
6) Throw Rock (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (3))
7) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 20% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
8) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)

Name : Solid Ghoul
Level: 6
MaxHP: 64

Vitality: 31

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Numbing Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
3) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
4) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Frost Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
7) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 49

Magic   : 4
Vitality: 25
Agility : 8
Cunning : 8

Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Infectious Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply to Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
2) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
3) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ukobach
MaxHP: 36

Strength: 6
Magic   : 19

Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Searing Touch (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) ------------
6) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ===--

Name : Jiang shi
MaxHP: 40

Strength: 16
Vitality: 16
Agility : 17
Cunning : 10

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------

Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:37 am

Yeah, I'd save the matrices for now, especially the Gold one. Headless just isn't a good enough unique to spend a Gold Matrix on. Though... since his modifier gives +Body and +Mind resistance, he can be an excellent unique to sacrifice to another unique with it. Only downside is that many uniques already resist one of those two... but in that event, the modifier converts the "wasted" resistance to a small % bonus MaxHP anyway, so even that isn't a real loss.

Silver isn't of much use at the moment either, you already have great allies. Only possible use might be finding an ally who you don't mind sacrificing that gives a modifier with a bunch of abilities you'd like your main character to learn, and hope some of them land on the target so they can teach you. This is generally speaking a fairly iffy use of a Silver Matrix since most modifiers have many abilities and make it unlikely you'll get the ones you want... but it IS a possibility to keep in mind, especially if you can do this while also making a good demon more powerful.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:29 am

Thank you! I like to sacrifice Headless indeed, it becomes redundant with so many rC+, rBody and normal speed demons relatively fast.

By the way I was disappointed by Antaeon modifier, it decreases speed by 20%, I guess it very rarely makes sense to sacrifice it.
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:33 am

But did you notice the effect it has on HP? :D

It's intended as a way to "bulk up" speedy, fragile demons like Raicho or Carbuncle, if you like their stats or resists, but would rather they had more HP instead of the Speed.

For that matter, you could use it further slow down and raise the HP of an already slow demon, making a kind of "roadblock" you drop in hallways or in front of enemies for times when you need to buy time to get away. :D

I admit it isn't a straightforward modifier, but uniques are a good place for weird ones like this. :)
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:56 pm

I see, thanks :)
Sandman25

Next

Return to General Discussion