Testing 12/14 Bugfix Build: Let's play a warlock :D

The tower awaits!

Re: Testing 12/14 Bugfix Build: Let's play a warlock :D

Postby Ferret » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:29 am

Yeah, 12/14 will just be the luring-related AI fixes, and the drop shadow on text. If you aren't luring things and can live without the drop shadow, no harm in letting it wait.

I survived the Tower:2 bit, but having to use 2 Heal Gems and 1 Blizzard Rune that early is fairly grumble worthy. On the other hand, Tormentor is critical for my plans. I wish I hadn't then turned around and lost the also critical Huo Shu to a silly error. :P Hopefully I'll be able to get one on Tower:3 when I come back to this game, Firestarter is pretty critical for anyone planning to use Warmth. :(

Also didn't really "notice", but I didn't get a Kasha on Tower: 1 & 1/2... so no Fiery Veil. Demon is mocking my plans. :P Might be time to just switch off from aiming for Warmth.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:41 pm

I am not sure Firestarter is always critical for Warmth especially when you have demons with fire attacks. For example, Greek Fire is more useful for my character as I spam Fire attacks while at high SP so eventually everyone is ignited despite "low" 33% chance and then I switch to cheap ice attacks while still enjoying Warmth bonuses. Also diminishing returns (they are diminishing, right?) on extra targets with ignition don't encourage having everyone ignited.

Some day I will try pure Fire caster who will have all fire-related abilities. It wouldn't be that powerful but great for role-playing. Also it will be easy to make decisions about abilities, lazy mode roughly speaking ;)

I have never tried it but is Night rune a good idea for chase link? Or is it considered hostile and thus cannot be used/target wakes up when the link is activated?
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:04 pm

Yeah, I could probably live without Firestarter, I just like getting the Warmth party started early. :) And yes, it's definitely diminishing returns. :P

Chase links forbid dealing damage, not hostile abilities. :D Sleep and other control effects are fine. :) Just be careful, certain jerk chase demons are resistant to Mind. :)
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Ok, thanks!
Sandman25

Previous

Return to General Discussion