Luring problem

The tower awaits!

Luring problem

Postby Sandman25 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:45 pm

I found that it often helps to start retreating immediately after noticing a single monster, it usually chases you alone. So you get behind a corner , kill it and then do the same thing to 1-2 next demons thus effectively splitting packs. This is probably a must to deal with double/triple encounters which are too hard otherwise. Maybe make it impossible to split packs? I mean give groups a common vision so if you are seen by one of monsters, all monsters of the same band (not type, just the group the monster was spawned with) know your position? Though in this case we would need to have a guaranteed way to avoid double fights.
Sandman25

Re: Luring problem

Postby Ferret » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:57 pm

Hmm... I hadn't noticed this was possible before, but I'll look into it. Monsters generally are supposed to have pretty good shared information within an encounter group. :D It's possible something's bugged with that though.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:58 pm

It does not happen all the time but since the attempt is free I try several times and eventually I have a situation when only one or two demons chase me. Maybe it depends on species, I failed to do the trick vs Centauri (or maybe I was just unlucky, I tried 3 times and then gave up and killed the whole group though that was a bad idea).
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:55 pm

This should be largely eliminated now. As mentioned in the update notes for the 12/15 build, it will still happen with "mixed movement speed" groups... but even then, the slower ones are on the way, they're just not able to keep up with the faster ones. :)

I may address this too, but I consider the bug's severity greatly reduced at this point, well below the point where I need to continue to stall a content push further for it. :)
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:42 pm

Great, thanks!
Sandman25

Postby Sandman25 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:13 pm

I have just experienced slightly different type of luring. I got noticed by a Zar and after activating link and sacrificing lots of HP I recruited the demon but was not pursued by its mates. Not sure if it should be fixed but it was basically a free recruit, I retreated and healed completely. Maybe at least some max HP should be requested? This is the same hilarious game where I had "You are in danger" warning every turn with monsters in sight during several floors. 16 max HP on Tower 3 or 25 max HP on Tower 4 cannot be called free recruit.
Sandman25

Return to General Discussion