YASD: Eye of the Dragon/Fire/Mind

The tower awaits!

Re: CiP: Eye of the Dragon/Fire/Mind

Postby Ferret » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Small clarification: only groups that were originally together communicate with each other, in Demon. :D If you run into two groups, they don't talk to each other, and won't even do much to heal/buff each other for that matter. They don't share information about your location either... though if both see you, both will chase you. Chasing isn't infinite though, and the AI isn't allowed to cheat: you can definitely ditch pursuers.
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Oh, I see now, the fix won't make Demon unplayable. I guess I will enjoy Demon much more with less luring even if it makes things harder ;)
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:13 pm

Yeah, if things become too hard, there are far better ways to fix that than leaving a tedious and boring thing like luring in. :P The luring fix should hopefully be in testing tonight and released sometime tomorrow. :D
Ferret

Postby Sandman25 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:27 am

Died right in first fight after resuming play, double encounters are not fun :(
I was in a corridor between 2 groups. Not sure what it was but I was repeatedly paralyzed several times, I summoned a demon with Calm but it didn't help much. Probably forgetting Terrifying Cry was a mistake though my main mistake was that I didn't replace Kasha (it was weak to ice) immediately after noticing monsters with Ice attacks (I killed them a lot yesterday so I didn't expect any problems). Kasha died and I got 2 monsters with Ice attacks adjacent to me while I had no room to summon anything. And using any runes was a bad idea because I had a level 9 demon adjacent to me with "Kill 8 enemies in 175 turns" quest, Dash was useless too. 100% YASD, I should be more careful when reading descriptions of new demons. Dying with Gold Offering makes it especially stupid. At least I got at 43 position in the ranking :)

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 12/3/2015, Scoring Model: 8/22/2015
Dump file created at: 12/14/2015 8:15:51 PM

Summoner SandmanXXV...
was chosen by the Eye of the Dragon,
selected Fire and Mind as their starting elements,
is currently at Tower:9,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ===--

Name : SandmanXXV
Level: 9
MaxHP: 72
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 9
Magic   : 39
Vitality: 19
Agility : 15
Cunning : 18

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Heat Wave (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
4) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
5) Auraward (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Fire, Electricity, or Ice ability, you gain Resist against all three of these types.)
6) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
7) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
8) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. Cooldown: Charge (8))

Inventory:
1 Gold offering
6 Chakra stone
2 Trouble chime
1 Night rune
2 Pure stone
1 Meteor rune
1 Blizzard rune
1 Silver matrix

--==== Current Party ===--

Name : Lifegiver Huo shu
Level: 7
MaxHP: 61
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 12
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 25
Agility : 11
Cunning : 14

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
5) Mending (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
6) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
7) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
8) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)

Name : Vile Preta
Level: 8
MaxHP: 64

Magic   : 19
Vitality: 10
Agility : 18
Cunning : 31

Immune: Body
Weak  : Fire Ice Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
4) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Infection, which hinders HP and SP recovery.)
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
7) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
8) Dazzling Gaze (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 65% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (6))

Name : Jiang shi
MaxHP: 54

Strength: 21
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 21
Agility : 22
Cunning : 13

Immune: Body
Resist: Ice Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
6) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
7) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
8) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged.)

Name : Psychic Ilomba
MaxHP: 52

Strength: 11
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 14
Agility : 19
Cunning : 26

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed. Healing and HP cost are limited to what will not kill the user and what the target needs to reach maximum. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 7% of their maximum HP.)
4) Dazzling Gaze (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 65% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) Mind Blast (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Snuff Out (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Attempts to instantly kill the target (lower HP = higher chance, 0% chance until 30% of maximum HP, 100% chance at 20%). Cooldown: Dark (3))

Name : Ogre
MaxHP: 63

Strength: 29
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 29
Agility : 12
Cunning : 10

Resist: Body
Weak  : Fire Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged.)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
6) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
7) Fade (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
8) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)

Name : Angel
MaxHP: 53

Magic   : 31
Vitality: 20
Agility : 20
Cunning : 7

Immune: Light
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Punish (Type: Light, 15 SP. Must target a character whose last action was a damaging ability. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (3))
2) Mending (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
3) Protect (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 20 SP from the user to the target.)
5) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
8) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))

Name : Ukobach
Level: 5
MaxHP: 45

Strength: 8
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 8
Agility : 18
Cunning : 18

Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Searing Touch (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recently Slain Allies ===--

Name : Gandayah
Level: 2
MaxHP: 39

Strength: 9
Vitality: 20
Agility : 8
Cunning : 8

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 20 SP from the user to the target.)
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------

Name : Zar
Level: 4
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 11
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 11
Agility : 17
Cunning : 17

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kasha
MaxHP: 49

Vitality: 15
Agility : 22
Cunning : 21

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Protect (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (8))
8) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))

Sandman25

Re: YASD: Eye of the Dragon/Fire/Mind

Postby Ferret » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:57 am

Ick. No idea what paralyzed you up on Tower:9, quite possibly a modified demon of some sort!

Double ick for getting "summoner locked" (i.e.: can't summon due to all adjacent spaces filled): It can be a real problem in hallways and corners!

Things like Terrifying Cry are definitely powerful weapons against the dreaded double encounter. No idea if it'd saved you or not, but having access to AE control always makes me feel a bit safer.

And yes, dying with a Gold Offering is pretty frowny! :P

Still, if I remember right, you got much further than before. :) Congrats on the solid progress. :D
Ferret

Re: YASD: Eye of the Dragon/Fire/Mind

Postby Sandman25 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:16 pm

Yes, it was first time when I couldn't summon anything due to space limitations, I was basically in "let them wound my demons before I replace them, it will be a long fight" mood and then I had 4 demons with 100% HP still left in pool when dying. Also I guess I confused Calm with Cleanse again, I probably should have abilities on the same demon to fix the problem ;)
Jiang Shi could have made the whole fight trivial :(
Sandman25

Previous

Return to General Discussion