Demon Journal 002

The tower awaits!

Demon Journal 002

Postby RedPine » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:04 am

AAR Demon 002

Redd OOZ

Titan’s Fist

Supposedly OP, and I want to try something new.

Leech Touch

Great combat heal that ignores all status effects that I know of, high damage relatively cheap cost. Ice is the least dangerous weakness (as chill auto-procs and doesn’t do DOT or stun) and Body is one of the best resistances (poison, infection, paralysis, etc.)

Homunculus

I might want to steal it’s Heavy Blow for melee, and I want to fill out my bestiary.
RedPine

Re: Demon Journal 002

Postby RedPine » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:04 am

T1

Encounters:

Malingee x1: Lucky first find, got a Malingee. It’s not the greatest by itself, but it physical attacks stack with a lot of passives, and it fuses well with melee types.

Malingee x1: Should make good fodder.

Slime x1: Nice! Fed it some HP and a spare Malingee.

Malingee x1: Can’t afford to copy the good slime abilities yet so I killed it. Having only 3 bench slots is rough, but it’s the only thing that makes Titan’s Fist remotely balanced.

Goblin x2: Killed. Their are less expensive ways to get movement, and these early levels are tight on cash.

Corpse Bomb (Confusion):
Abbey Lubber x1: Emit Dark is a great pure magic melee ability. Want.
Zaltys x1: Emit Light is a great pure magic melee ability, Judge’s Mein is strong light/dark synergy, Lucky Aid is a great ability for a backline stat-agnostic minion that is supporting a Titan’s Fist. Want.
Malingee x1: meh
Gandayah x1: meh

Damaged the Zaltys and botched the diplomacy, but I still got the Abbey Lubber (Ra: Speed +10%) by spending precious credits. I’m sure I’ll find other Zaltys later.

Got rid of the slime, but copied the 2 abilities I wanted to the Abbey Lubber (Reshape and Malleable have synergy with Restore) for 160*2=320 C. I also wanted Dissolving touch, but I’m not ready to commit to MAD’ing (Multiple Ability [read: Stat] Dependence) into both Magic, Agility, and Cunning.

Corpse bomb (Confusion)
Freybug x1: Want. Swiftness and Tormentor.
Zaltys x1: Want. Emit light and Judge’s Mien.
Abbey Lubber x1: meh
Slime x1: meh

Talked to Zaltys aaand it wants to eat my Abbey Lubber. Sorry, no, that guy has +10% speed. I’m not giving him up easily.

Still got the Freybug, replaced Malingee. Not enough C to copy the good abilities to myself yet.

-end of floor-

Redd OOZ
Leech Touch
level 2 (+1)
s10
m10
v15 (+5)
a10
c10

2 Homunculus
2 Abbey Lubber (Ra: Speed +10%) Malleable, Reshape
1 Freybug

203 C (320 spent on Copy Ability, ~500 spent on recruiting Abbey Lubber)
2 Healing Stones
1 Mirror Chime

Wa 1: Remove Weak: Dark
In-Sh 1: Max SP +7, Cun +3
Qu-Sh 1: Agi +3, Cun +3
Wa-Em 2: 5 or less abilities, Remove Weak: Light
Ri-Res 2: SP = Max SP, SP cost -23%

Nothing notable, aside from wondering what the Mirror chime is for. I suppose if I had a meas of calming I could use it to copy an expensive minion, but that’s a very expensive and risky endgame edge case.

-lessons learned-
Don’t recruit an Abbey Lubber until you already have a Zaltys, the abilities needed from a Zaltys. It might be possible to copy Emit Dark to myself in advance, but a demon that objects to me having Dark allies probably objects to me having Dark abilities too.
RedPine

Postby RedPine » Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:06 am

-end of floor-

Redd OOZ
Leech Touch, Block Impact, Might, Low Profile,
Level 3 (+1) (32% towards next level) (5 unspent points)
s10
m10
v15
a10
c10

3 Abbey Lubber (Ra: Speed +10%) Malleable, Reshape
1 Sankai (6 HP!) (Po-Ra 2: Magic +3, Speed +7%)
5 Ogre

752 C (+1,317-768=549 net)
3 (+1) Healing Stones
1 Mirror Chime
1 (+1) Pure Stone
1 (+1) Bolt Glyph
1 (+1) Blizzard Rune
1 (+1) Heal Gem

(New) Du-Em 2: 4 or less abilities, Vit +8
(New) Du 3: Vitality +6
(New) Qu-Wa-Al 3: No visible allies, Agility +14, Immune Fire

-lessons learned-
Everything went well. The Sankai is hurt, but it really came down to the wire to get the Ogre so I don’t regret anything.

Have unspent stat points, haven’t fully commited to one build yet. We’ll see what abilities I scavenge up for free from corpses. Poison Touch from Sankai is tempting, as Tormentor makes that basically free to use with Aux II up.

Up next: T1.5
RedPine

Postby RedPine » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:43 am

T1.5

Sime x2
Alma x2 (Ef 3: SP +1.1 per turn)

I want an alma, if only to give Polar Rush to my Ogre.
5 SP, RW..<-->.. Impact/Ice 85, Chills, CD: Charge 3.

That’s more range, cheaper cost, more damage, lower cooldown, than most early game charge abilities, AND it comes with a nice auto-proc debuff. Glacial Shell would also be nice, with how Aux II lowers cooldowns by nearly half.

Got the Alma, dropped the Sankai. Sankai aren’t exactly rare or hard to get, and having two body attacks would be redundant (with how common body immunity is on ghosts). Cunning Spells requires a specific build, which I’m not ready to commit to.

Zombie x2
Preta x2

This could be build defining if I wanted to convert physical damage into debuffs, but I don’t know if I want to commit to Mad’ing into Strength/Agility/Cunning. My best ability so far is Leech Touch, which scales off Magic and Agility.

Die.

West (miniboss)
Headless (miniboss) (Ef 3: SP +1.1 per turn)
Violent Zombie x3 Spin Splash, Bloodthirst

I want those zombies.

Headless is pretty meh by himself due to 85% speed, I’m too broke to copy his physical melee - > turn acceleration synergy, though I am tempted by using Rabbelrouser to turn my Might into a turn accelerator. But no, too expensive, not worth it. Diehard is of little to use to me, as by the time I reach 0 HP things have already gone wrong. I’d rather have a passive that deals damage or benefits movement.

Speaking of movement, the Spin Slash on those zombies is a melee movement ability. I already have Swiftness. Combined with Bloodthirst, I can turn ALL physical melee into discount combat healing, which further stacks with the Gluttony zombies come with.

I can stack all that on my Ogre, which will be cheaper than putting it on me, then move everything to me when my Ogre becomes obsolete (and I’m hopefully swimming in cash). Throw on Chill the next time I see it, with my existing Tormentor, and I’ll be spinslashing indefinitely.

Plan: Link 1 zombie, “c”ommand focus fire the other two, copy polar rush to my ogre and I, use items if necessary to finish the link before the timeout/getting killed by West.

Time to commit my stats to slash melee. Str, Agi, Vit, in a 2:2:1 ratio. No Magic or Cunning. Combat healing will make up for mediocre HP, strength and agility needed to support combat healing.

Got Violent Zombie, deleted Alma. I already have Polar Rush and can’t afford/fit Glacial Shield.

Got Headless, deleted Abbey Lubber after copying Reshape to Zombie. I’m not going down the dark/magic path, and my hp will be coming from drains instead of heals.

Resting was interrupted by:

Will o’ Wisp x2
Freybug x1
Buruburu x2

Want the Wisp. Evade Step stacks with movement attacks.

Got Wisp, dropped Headless.

Kasha x3

Nothing I want this time since I dumped magic and cunning.

Preta x2
Zombie x2

Die. Level cleared. 5 corpses remain.

Corpse
Kasha x1 (In-Ab 2: No electric abilities, Max SP +13)
Preta x1 (Ri-Na 2: SP costs -15%, Cunning -2)
Alma x1 (Ri-Na 2: SP costs -15%, Cunning -2)
Chindi x1 (Ri-Na 2: SP costs -15%, Cunning -2)

I copied the Evade Step I wanted from the wisp, so I think I’ll replace it with the Chindi for Blood Rot. Or I would… but my build on the summoner only has 3 spare slots, so I don’t think I can afford it. Oh well, Aux II gives me plenty of power and health anyway.

Corpse (Confusion)
Zombie x1
Whisp x1
Freybug x1
Chindi x1
Jiang-Shi x1 (Sa 3: Heal 1.0% HP per turn)

The Jiang-Shi is the only new demon here, and it comes with Leech Bite. It’s like Leech Touch, but it scales off of my Str/Agi build instead of magic. I want it, plus it will double dip with Bloodthirst since it’s a Pierce attack.

Ooh! The Wisp can replace mine too, it has +15% speed in exchange for being weak to dark… it’s already weak to dark. Ah, but I don’t need a Wisp anymore… shame.

Spent the last of my cash putting the Violent Zombie abilities on the Ogre. That guy deals more than double the damage I do, so it makes sense to kit him out.

-end of floor-

Redd OOZ
Tormentor, Swiftness, Polar Rush (copy), Delay Boost (corpse)

Level 4 (+1) (34% towards next level)
Str 15 (+5)
Mag 10
Vit 15
Agi 15 (+5)
Cun 10

5 Ogre Polar Rush, Evade Step
3 Violent Zombie Spin Slash, Bloodthirst, Reshape
2 Jiang-Shi (1% HP per turn)

Current 197 C

Polar Rush to Summoner -384 C
Polar Rush to Ogre -224 C
Evade Step to Ogre -224 C
Spin Slash to Ogre -224 C
Blood Thirst to Ogre -224 C

Total Costs: -1,280 C
Total Gain: +725 C
Net Change: -555 C

4 (+1) Healing Stones
1 Mirror Chime
1 Pure Stone
1 Bolt Glyph
1 Blizzard Rune
1 Heal Gem

Du-Em 2: 4 or less abilities, Vit +8
Du 3: Vitality +6
Qu-Wa-Al 3: No visible allies, Agility +14, Immune Fire
(New) Sh 3: Cunning +6
(New) Co-Fr-Ev 3: Base Agi 18+, SP Cost -3, Vitality -6
(New) Ef 3: SP +1.1 per turn

-Recap-

Didn’t need the Jiang-Shi after all, since the Zombie already had Bloodthirst. Oh well, it’s one less thing I need to copy off the Zombie before I can dump it.

Didn’t get much loot. At least the demons were good. Summoner still needs Spin Slash…

Ogre is almost kitted out. All he needs now is to replace Heavy Blow (redundant to Spin Slash) Gluttony, one other ability with Reshape, then I can dump the Zombie. Not sure what I want to cut on the Ogre though, 8 ability slots is surprisingly limiting. Juggernaut is the most situational, so I think that one. I would rather sacrifice a little situational defense than reliable offense.

It just occurred to me that the CD reduction of Aux II means reshape renders one nearly impervious to many of the nastiest status effects in the late game.
RedPine

Postby RedPine » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:33 am

Tower 3

Baromitz x2
Malingee x2

Razor Whip is tempting, but my build doesn’t have room. Ended the fight with max HP and SP on myself and the Ogre. SP cost reduction is insanely good, and I don’t even have brands for it yet!

Ra-Wa-Cl-Fo 4: 5+ Healing abilities, Speed +14%, Remove Weak Elec, Agi -6.

What unusual requirements! I’ll pass on that one. Besides, I’m out of space for brands.

Zaltys x1
Faerie x1
Red Cap x2

Ooh, the Zaltys – Faerie combo. Very tempting, but my current build doesn’t need SP, barely needs HP, and already gets status clears from Reshape. That said, I suspect if any build can make Luck heals work, it’s the CD reduction of Titan’s Fist.

Ended fight with Max HP, and ¾ SP on the Ogre. Everying died in 2-3 turns.

She-Le-Da 4: Last Used Movement, Cunning +20, Speed -30%

This hurst so much. So close, and yet so far.

Zombie x4

Faerie x1
Echeneis x2

Icetouch is very tempting to add, as it guarantees Tormentor procs. That said, SP isn’t an issue right now, and there isn’t room for Tormentor on my Ogre.

Buruburu x3
I already have an Ogre, thank you very much.

Actaeon (Unique)

Starting the link near an exit portal, just in case. Acteon himself doesn’t have anything I want, but IIRC the link does something special…

There he is! If this were real life, I’d side with the human turned Stag, but this is Demon. I’m totally going with Artemis. Besides, Artemis will get what’s coming for him when he inevitable becomes obsolete…

Got Artemis, dropped Jiang-Shi.

Corpse (Confusion)
Zombie x1
Barometz x1
Echeneis x1
Red Cap x1
Culler Buruburu x1 Acid Dart, Disrupt Time

Ooooh boy. Thanks to Artemis’s Bloodlust, I no longer want the Tormentor + Icetouch combo. Why spend 2 ability slots when you can do the same with 1? So I don’t want the Echeneis.

That Buruburu, on the other hand… Disrupt Time is an AOE 6 mass debuff. The only catch is it doesn’t claim to have IFF, but since I usually roll with only 1 ally, a quick dismiss/summon is no problem at all. Plus, ya know, Reshape.

The Acid Dart will also help the Buruburu not die in melee, AND Culler gave the Buruburu the perfect stat spread to take advantage of Acid Dart.

Time to copy the last of the Violent Zombie abilities to the Ogre, then replace the zombie with a ghost!

Ogre lost Oppressor, since it’s the most situational ability in his kit. Mitigated by dark resistance AND by high hp bosses.

-end of floor-

Redd OOZ
Tormentor, Swiftness, Polar Rush, Delay Boost

Lvl 4 (97% towards next level)
Str 15
Mag 10
Vit 15
Agi 15
Cun 10

6 (+1) Ogre
. . Polar Rush, Evade Step, Spin Slash, Bloodthirst, Reshape, Gluttony

(New) 4 Artemis
. . . . . .

(New) 4 Culler Buruburu
. . . . Acid Dart, Disrupt Time

Current: 1532
Starting: 197
Net Change: 1335

Gross Costs: -448
Gross Gain: +1738

Reshape to Ogre: -224
Gluttony to Ogre: -224

4 Healing Stones
1 Mirror Chime
1 Pure Stone
1 Bolt Glyph
1 Blizzard Rune
2 (+1) Heal Gem

Sh 3: Cunning +6
Co-Fr-Ev 3: Base Agi 18+, SP Cost -3, Vitality -6
Ef 3: SP +1.1 per turn
(New) Qu-Ex-Rel 4: No base SP costs above 20, Agi +11, MaxSP -35

-Recap-
SP seems to passively regenerate by 5 per turn. After Aux II reductions, my Ogre’s Spin Slash costs 9 per turn, and Artemi’s Bloodlust gives 5 SP per turn, for an indefinite slash engine!

Now I just need to figure out how to fit Venomous on the Ogre.

Alternatively, I could kit out Aretemis as my main and let the Ogre become obsolete.

I have plenty of crystal cash, but I think I’ll wait before spending. I’m steamrolling all my fights so far, so I shouldn’t invest until I meet a demon worth of replacing Artemis and the Ogre.
RedPine

Postby RedPine » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:03 am

Tower 4

Apologies in advance for the bad formatting. AFAIK this forum doesn't support tables or collapsible spoilers.

Killed: Feary x1, Zaltys x1, Redcap x2

Vikhor (Unique) (Ra-Ef 4: Speed +7%, SP +0.7 per turn.)
Ravager Raicho x3 Goad, Wraith Touch

I want Vikhor. He’s even faster than normal thanks to a brand, and already has most of the abilities needed for the infinislash build I’m working on.

Whoops, my demons killed him too fast. Oh well. Poison is nasty!

Killed: Preta x2, Zombie x3

Killed: Flying Head x2, Buruburu x3

Freybug x1
Ilomba x3

There’s the Leech Bite I wanted again. Let’s put Disrupt Time on me so I can dump the Buruburu. Yes, I don’t have magic or cunning, but the sheer AOE and number of status effects still makes it worthwhile.

Got Ilomba, dumped Buruburu.

Tested Dirsupt Time, it’s actually a 3x3 AOE, so no worries about friendly fire. Dang, should of put that on Artemis.

Killed: Easg Saint x2, Abbey Lubber x2

If I’d found the Easg Saints earlier I would have gone light/dark magic instead of str/agi. Oh well.

Corpse (Chill)
Ethel the Crown Wraith, Level 5
Minor Pain, Swiftness, Tormentor, Tireless
Frigid Squall, Absolution, Reshape, Delay Boost

Artificial Faerie, Level 4
Tireless, Lucky Aid, Frigid Squall, Guarding Cry

Deadly Zombie, Level 4
Wraith Bite, Needle Spray

Culler Raicho, Level 2
Acid Wash, Burning Vapor
Firestarter, Bask, Warmth, Greek Fire

Freybug, Level 4
Poison Touch, Cunning Spells, Weigh Sin

Preta, Level 3
Mighty Trickery, Dancer Boon
Wraith Bite, Gluttony, Flesheater, Infection Boost

Ukobach, Level 2

Huo Shu, Level 1

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!

The Wraith itself is meh, with lots of missing synergy (like me!) but his minions are incredibly nasty. My only hope is to focus down the summoner.

Used 2 Heal Gems, 1 Meteor Rune, 1 Blizzard rune, copied Arc Needle to myself so I could fight without getting in range of Wraith Bite, 1 Heal Stone… and only barely won after losing ~10 MaxHp on my summoner and ~20 MaxHp on my Ogre.

I probably should have just ran.

Luckily the MaxHP drain seems to be cured by gaining EXP, albeit slowly.

Now, how to recoup my losses? Do any of these demons have something my build can use?

Wraith Bite looks good for hitnrun tactics, but my kit doesn’t have room for the “run” part.

The luck faery is a nice support, just need to delete SP wasting abilities that don’t support luck healing.

The Culler Raicho does amazing %HP damage with the acid+fire combo.

The Needle Spray on the zombie goes well with my physical build...
Hmmm…

What would have helped me in that fight the most? Ranged %HP damage against the summoner. Even stacks with the poison Aretemis has.

Alrighty, copy Leech Bite from Ilomba to me then dump Ilomba for the Culler Raicho, kill the rest.

Now, four more corpses left. How bad could they be?

Corpse (Chill)
Shin the Orb Wraith, Level 6
Meditate, Disrupt Time, Ember Burst, Expose
Weigh Sin, Shocking Spear, Lucky Aid, Swiftness

Gandayah 5
Lucky Aid, Draw Wounds, Meditate

Icesworn Will o’ Wisp 4
Flash Freeze, Chilling Aura

Ogre 7

Died in a flash, %HP damage is the best!

Jiang-Shi 4

Tulpa 5
Pounce, Blood Thirst

I’d love to put Chilling Aura on something, but I’m getting low on cash again. Besides, I’ve already spent too much on upgrading early-game demons. The EXP penalty for bringing low level demons to high levels is going to start kicking in soon.

Corpse (Normal)
Raicho x1, Sankai x1, Preta x1, Huo Shu x1

-end of floor-

Redd OOZ
(Del) Leech Touch (New) Leech Bite, (Del) Block Impact (New) Arc Needle, Might, Low Profile,
Tormentor, Swiftness, Polar Rush, (Del) Oppressor (New) Disrupt Time

Lvl 6 (+2) (% towards next level)
Str 19 (+4)
Mag 10
Vit 17 (+2)
Agi 19 (+4)
Cun 10

7 (+1) Ogre
. . Polar Rush, Evade Step, Spin Slash, Bloodthirst, Reshape, Gluttony

5 (+1) Artemis
. . . . . .

(New) 2 Culler Raicho
. . Acid Wash, Burning Vapor
Firestarter, Bask, Warmth, Greek Fire

Current: 1136
Starting: 1532
Net Change:

Gross Costs: -1,344
Gross Gain: -396

Disrupt Time to Summoner: -448 C
Arc Needle to Summoner: -448 C
Leech Bite to Summoner: -448 C

3 (-1) Healing Stones
1 Mirror Chime
2 (-1 +2) Pure Stone
1 Bolt Glyph
0 (-1) Blizzard Rune
0 (+1 -1) Meteor Rune
0 (-2) Heal Gem
1 (+1) Chakra Stone
1 (+1) Curse Rune

(Deleted) Wa 1: Remove Weak: Dark
Sh 3: Cunning +6
Co-Fr-Ev 3: Base Agi 18+, SP Cost -3, Vitality -6
Ef 3: SP +1.1 per turn
Qu-Ex-Rel 4: No base SP costs above 20, Agi +11, MaxSP -35
(New) Ra-Ef 4: Speed +7%, SP +0.7 per turn.

-Recap-
“Direct Area” means a 3x3 AOE that can be placed anywhere in vision.

Disrupt Time is underwhelming without Cunning multipliers… I shouldn’t be surprised. Most of the debuffs are irrelevant to the 1v1 fights that Titan’s Fist lends itself too (Evade Down only matters for the one unit you are focusing on).

A summoner with full ability/stat synergy is frightening, as is drain ing MaxHP.

Abilities that are in line with stats/synergies deal double damage or more. Should have replaced Leech Touch with Leech Bite a long time ago.

Ranged options and/or %HP damage is nigh mandatory in some fights.

Upgrading summoners is EXPENSIVE but worth it, as they are fully present in EVERY fight – unlike demons.

When you lose a good character, you are royally screwing over future players with your wraith :) At least they can steal your demons after, if they survive.

It’s a good to start a fight with burst/DOT demons (like the Culler fire+acid Raicho), then desummon them and replace them with a mainliner/frontliner like an Ogre. Titan’s Fist skips the resummoning step, as fewer demons is better.

It turns out fusing demons onto uniques is significantly more expensive. At least I think that’s why fusing to the Orign Level 4 Artemis was 1969c but using to the OGL Ogre was 1414c.

Up next: Rush’s Sanctum. Am I ready? Probably not! I’ve never been there, so I won’t know how to prepare for the place until I visit it.
RedPine

Postby Ferret » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:25 pm

Titan's Fist is probably a bit OP, but I reluctantly made my peace with it. Folks enjoy playing it, and the one brief moment I nerfed it even a little (in terms of numbers) it had a pretty outsized impact on its performance to the point where it felt weaker than everything else. I still think adding it in general was probably one of my few design goofs, but at least I was able to walk it back from preferring 0 demons to preferring 1 demon without any major protests over it. I can live with it being OP, I was having trouble living with it being OP and also basically being a different and much less interesting way to play the game: that was a bad combo with regards to new players who would have it recommended to them, play and beat the game easily, then wonder what was supposedly so different about Demon. :|

Some random comments from your journal posts:

Abbey Lubber/Zaltys Negotiation: Yeah, there are demons who will object to specific ability types in you or your party's kit. Sometimes this is negotiable, sometimes it isn't. I can tell you more about this if you like, but for many discovery is part of the fun so I'll leave it aside for now. :D

Mirror Chime: You pretty much got this one. If you're clever and daring, it can be way to get copies of minions as you suggest. :D Though, the encounter is also worth a decent chunk of XP even if you just fight everything down, so that shouldn't be ignored either.

Reshape & Titan's Fist: Reshape is sometimes regarded as almost mandatory on Titan's Fist, between the CD reduction and the fact you have far fewer active ability slots to help with removing statuses (since it's usually just you and one ally, you only have 16 slots to spend on things instead of 32, in terms of what you can have out at once, making it more painful to spend a handful on making sure you have every status cleaner.)

She-Le-Da: Req: Last Used Movement and Speed -30% on a brand is almost an act of cruelty by the RNG. :P

Formatting: Yeah, this is a pretty old style forum. :) You're doing the best you can with it, that's all anyone (or at least I) can ask. Code blocks sometimes help a little for some folks when posting party dump files, but not a requirement by any means.

MaxHP loss: Yeah, gaining XP will fix this over time (works for XP gained while inactive too.) Pure Stones can also help in a pinch, but this is more for emergencies than something that should be regularly done given how valuable those are for their other uses.

%HP Damage: Ignite, Poison, and Melt can definitely be very powerful. They can become even more so if you combine them with "turn delay" effects: turn delay doesn't slow down their damage, so you effectively force demons to sit there barely getting turns while rapidly losing their HP. This might be too many abilities for a Titan's Fist build to pull off easily, but might be a fun idea for a future run. :D

Swapping allies: Titan's Fist especially, but any Relic really, can benefit from the sort of strategy you propose (i.e. having "early fight" demons who use debuffs/buffs that are then switched out for more damage-dealers to take advantage of their efforts, for example.)

Good luck in Rush's Sanctum, and thanks for the reports. :D
Ferret

Postby RedPine » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:34 am

I wouldn't consider Titan's Fist to be overpowered, so much as easier to learn. Stronger bonuses, fewer variables to juggle. Perfect for learning, perfect for a one dimensional build, but severely handicapped later on. At higher skill, experience, and tower levels I expect the limited effective ability slots on Fist to be a pretty strong downside.

Personally I'm very happy it's in the game. It isn't an artifact I would want to use most of the time, but it feels very "different" for whenever I want a run that behaves unlike any of the normal artifacts.
RedPine

Return to General Discussion