Turdak's Sanctum, YASD and ramblings

The tower awaits!

Re: Turdak's Sanctum, YASD and ramblings

Postby Ferret » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:23 pm

Re: 1st game

Yeah, the game is supposed to be playable without currency upgrades, but it does mean you'd have to be more careful / picky on your spending. In particular, Restore becomes a luxury (since it isn't factored in much when I balance how many credits to give out.)

Re: 2nd game

Yeah, the wards/blocks need to get changed at some point. Some day in the far-flung future I probably need to do a "purge lame abilities" pass and see what's what... but there's always more fun/exciting or more tedious-but-necessary stuff to do. :P

Mirror Chime is intended to be a semi-functional revive :D More than a bit awkward, and it won't work for most uniques, but in some cases it can be far cheaper/easier than Restore, provided you can manage the fight.

I was pretty happy with the Buruburu link myself :D Every once in awhile I *know* I got something right, and that was one of those.

Enemy Lure/Trouble Chime don't take your party weaknesses into account. :) I promise. :D
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:36 am

Played a game on my new(ish) windows desktop to get back in the feel of things for the eventual matter build. Runs much faster than it did on my 9 year old mac laptop.

Ended up dying to Raiju when, instead of upgrading to quick-summon to get out of a sticky stunlock situation, I accidentally Enemy Lured myself and brought down Baleful Hobs and Eloko on my face and then I ended up dyin due to failing an Eloko link instead of spending my huge hoard of money for a revive/recycle escape plan.

This was one of the runs where I had too many uniques with a vague notion of making cool (non-unique) fusions with them later, only to usually end up Recycling them 10 levels later. Not a very thrilling run, but I went to the effort of finding the hidden directories on my new os so here's the dump anyway

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 7/26/2017, Scoring Model: 5/26/2017
Dump file created at: 9/22/2017 11:05:35 PM

Summoner RandeadWizz...
was chosen by the Hand of the Dead,
selected Pierce and Ice as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 16531,
is currently at Tower:11,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : RandeadWizz
Level: 17
MaxHP: 96
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 40
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 25
Agility : 34
Cunning : 28

Resist: Body
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Numbing Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
2) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
3) Heavy Guard (Type: Impact, Reactive. Responds to attacks by adjacent enemies that you block or parry with a 40 Power attack that has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
4) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
7) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
8) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)

Relic Upgrades:
Consume (Delete Demon now restores your HP and SP based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = stronger effect).)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)
Quick Summon (Your first Summon each turn is a free action (can use Summon as a normal action afterwards.))

Inventory:
1 Blizzard rune
3 Bolt glyph
1 Heart glyph
3 Pure gem
5 Heal gem
4 Chakra stone
5 Heal stone
4 Peace offering
3 Pure stone
1 Venom rune
1 Might gem
1 Tempest rune
1 Calm card

Current Credits: 36596

Codex Daemonium Completion
Personal Codex : 39 / 135 (28% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        1*         0          1          3*         0         
Impact       2          0          1          3*         0         
Pierce       2*         0          0          4*         0         
Fire         0          0          0          2*         2         
Ice          0          0          3          1*         0         
Electricity  0          0          1          2*         1         
Body         0          2          1*         1          0         
Mind         1          1          0          2*         1         
Light        1          0          1          0          3*         
Dark         0          0          1          2*         1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Actaeon
Level: 14
MaxHP: 85

Strength: 37
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 26
Agility : 36
Cunning : 12

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
5) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
6) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
7) Ghost Pierce (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Moves you to different, randomly selected, position adjacent to the target.)
8) ------------

Name : Chthonic Ehlose
Level: 16
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 35
Vitality: 57
Agility : 13
Cunning : 17

Immune: Body
Resist: Slash Impact Ice Electricity Light Dark
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
2) Warning Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
3) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
6) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
7) Stone Stance (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 15% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks if your last action was not movement.)
8) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)

Name : Charlie
Level: 21
MaxHP: 77

Strength: 21
Magic   : 41
Vitality: 21
Agility : 31
Cunning : 41

Immune: Body Mind
Resist: Ice
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Lob Stone (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (4))
2) Mind Twist (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cannot miss.)
3) Hysteria (Type: Mind, 20 SP. Must target a Panicked character. 70% chance to inflict Panic on an enemy near the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
5) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
7) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
8) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Charlie is shocked!
 You attempt to link with the eloko...
 Click anywhere, or press Enter, Escape, or Space
 when you have completed review of your new
 position.
 You fail to link with the eloko!
 The eloko looks surly!
 You begin to feel strange...
 You are charmed!
 You are still charmed!
 You gesture at the eloko.
 The eloko looks protected!
 The eloko eliminates you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 The hob is out of control!
 Your ehlose shouts a warning cry.
 Your ehlose will be more evasive longer!
 You feel like you will be more evasive longer!
 Charlie will be more evasive longer!
 The eloko eliminates you.
 The hob calms down.
 You are still charmed!
 You gesture at the hob.
 The hob looks protected!
 Charlie is no longer shocked.
 Charlie psi-blasts the hob.
 The hob loses control!
 The eloko claws you.
 The hob fumbles around uselessly!
 The eloko whispers softly at your ehlose.
 Your ehlose resists. The eloko misses you.
 Your ehlose hits the eloko.
 Your ehlose looks refreshed.
 You are still charmed!
 You gesture at the raiju.
 The raiju looks protected!
 Charlie psi-blasts the raiju.
 It's super effective!
 The eloko whispers softly at your ehlose.
 Your ehlose is charmed!
 The eloko claws you.
 You can be mended again.
 The hob is no longer regenerating.
 The eloko misses you.
 Your ehlose is still charmed!
 Your ehlose hammers you.
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Cursed Chachapuma
Level: 13
MaxHP: 73

Strength: 38
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 18
Agility : 15
Cunning : 37

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Stunning Blow (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Clobber (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
4) Flustering Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce evasion by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
5) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Easg saint
Level: 4
MaxHP: 36

Strength: 7
Magic   : 21
Vitality: 8
Agility : 20
Cunning : 14

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ccoa
MaxHP: 65

Strength: 12
Magic   : 33
Vitality: 16
Agility : 26
Cunning : 33

Resist: Ice Electricity
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Hail Shot (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 70 Power attack split between Ice and Impact; both the Ice and Impact damage are based on Magic. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Discharge (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. Targets a random enemy. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Stormwalk (Type: Electricity, 0 SP. Must target a Shocked character. Warps you adjacent to the target, and restores 20 of your SP. Free action. Cooldown: Charge (1))
5) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Gluttonous Nero
MaxHP: 76

Strength: 17
Magic   : 39
Vitality: 38
Agility : 13
Cunning : 13

Resist: Fire Ice Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Vigor Siphon (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 55 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
6) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing, SP restoration, and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt or restore SP based on SP drained.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))

Name : Faerie
Level: 13
MaxHP: 59
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 9
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 11
Agility : 37
Cunning : 29

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) Lucky Aid (Type: Healing, 0 SP. One effect chosen at random for the target: Heal 50% HP (unaffected by your Magic bonus), restores 50 SP, or removes all negative status effects. Cooldown: Luck (3))
5) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
6) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
7) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Name : Baleful Eloko
Level: 15
MaxHP: 70

Strength: 24
Magic   : 26
Vitality: 24
Agility : 14

Immune: Dark
Resist: Electricity Body Mind
Weak  : Fire Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) Goad (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was not a damaging ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
6) Snuff Out (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 130 Power attack, but misses if the damage would not be fatal. Cooldown: Dark (3))
7) ------------
8) ------------

wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:39 am

:D I'm glad you have access to a newer compy. I have worried for awhile I might lose you if I ever had to update Unity versions again (such as, say, to get rid of/ diminish that awful splash screen the version I'm currently on uses...)

Sorry the Matter build's coming along so slowly. :( I was definitely spoiled in the past, both by my period of full time development, and also by my periods of part-time development but at much less mentally challenging jobs. I did finally begin making progress on the character art, but I don't have enough done yet to bother posting formally.
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:34 am

I managed to die to Zaji, wew. His arrows just seemed to be doing a lot more damage than usual.

After that I won though.

A Hand of Light/Guard Slash Crown of Glory that slowly moved into, then away from status-melee and into a buffer/debuffer role. Alert or distract bythemselves feels lame, but together you really do notice enemies missing. Also mummy soul armor is pretty nice.

I both lost demons and made silly 'well whatever' fusions at the end so my winning party isn't indicative of what I actually used, which is why I decided to just win rather than leave a ghost. Having a party of Bronze Offering'd Jotun arbitrarily fused with Leib Olmai is a whatever fight

I made some interesting stuff in the early/midgame- like this chaos
a Dancing Dipsas (which was too low level to survive, sadly) and a Chthonic Tuofei that had 2 ice moves and a bunch of fire moves which turned out to be pretty solid. Also a volcanic Manananananaananananangal which was ok but probably needed to ditch slow

Speaking of solid, I ded well with a movement based Ogre
that I imagined to just be rolling around in a sphere of bladed ice, hence the name

Found a weird Akateko in Turdak's that worked decently well
and a random action shot- an aketeko with wild frenzy must just flick madly with alternating fingers at massive speed, what an image

(and here's a picture of a possible bug with avalanche that I think has been mentioned
but the real gamewinner was the combination of WIld Frenzy and Crippler from a Hulking Tuofei that got applied to a very mean Oni

A substantial portion of the game was me doing buffs and debuffs with an angel healer from Rush's and a Unicorn from a ghost while the Oni beat everything to death solo. It was a very powerful frontliner, though the finickyness with Wild Frenzy positioning made hallway battles awkward. It woulda been nice to get Refresh on the Oni since it usually stayed at 100SP, but I couldn't bear to drop any moves.

The transition to lategame had me fleeing from Breska, Tremane, a ghost or two, and a relatively normal pack of something that just wasn't going well, so about 3 floors skipped. Charm got hairy in a few places and killed off a few demons, but I tend to not like reviving demons anymore unless they're my only healer. What if Revive Demon was a full relic upgrade? Oh, I remember one ghost I had to flee from- it was, appropriately. called Don't Fight It and its thing was charisma and ego theft and alluring gaze and that was double trouble because Ego Theft was stopping me from buffing with my cries!

I managed to kill Lioth before all the demons got Consumed, which was a first or maybe a second.

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 10/18/2017 8:12:41 PM

Summoner Solaire...
was chosen by the Crown of Glory,
selected Buff and Light as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 58521,
is currently at Tower:23,
and is still alive!

Name : Solaire
Level: 30
MaxHP: 149

Strength: 20
Vitality: 50
Agility : 35
Cunning : 97

Resist: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
2) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
3) Warning Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
4) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
5) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
7) Arrest Host (Type: Body, 35 SP. 50% chance to cause Paralysis, causing the targets to frequently miss their turns.)
8) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)

Relic Upgrades:
Quick Summon (Your first Summon each turn is a free action (can use Summon as a normal action afterwards.))
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)

Inventory:
2 Heart glyph
1 Bronze offering
4 Calm card
2 Pain glyph
1 Night rune
3 Zephyr card
4 Bolt glyph
3 Pure gem
13 Heal stone
1 Silver offering
7 Pure stone
1 Blizzard rune
1 Peace offering
3 Heal gem
5 Chakra stone
2 Magic map
1 Meteor rune
2 Tempest rune
1 Flame glyph

Current Credits: 21666

Personal Codex : 59 / 135 (43% complete)

Slash        2          0          3          5*         0         
Impact       4          0          1          7*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          8*         0         
Fire         1          0          2          3          3*         
Ice          1          3          0          4*         1         
Electricity  0          0          1          4          3*         
Body         2*         1          4*         1          2         
Mind         1          0          1          6*         1         
Light        0          1          1*         3          3         
Dark         1          0          3*         4          1         

Name : Maxwell (Chthonic Tuofei)
Level: 24
MaxHP: 101

Strength: 23
Magic   : 42
Vitality: 48
Agility : 41
Cunning : 16

Immune: Ice
Resist: Slash Impact Fire Electricity
Weak  : Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
2) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
4) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
5) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
6) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
7) Ember Heart (Type: Fire, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Fire abilities by 5 if you used an Fire ability last turn.)
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Name : Frenzied Oni
Level: 27
MaxHP: 117

Strength: 72
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 46
Cunning : 24

Resist: Fire Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
2) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Wild Frenzy (Type: Impact, 20 SP. One, two, or three (equal odds) 33 Power attacks per target.)
5) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
8) Crippler (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt.)

Name : Unicorn
Level: 28
MaxHP: 111

Strength: 34
Magic   : 54
Cunning : 30

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
7) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
8) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)

Name : Frenzied Jotunn
Level: 32
MaxHP: 131

Strength: 86
Magic   : 27
Vitality: 56
Agility : 28
Cunning : 13

Resist: Slash Body

Abilities Known:
1) Polar Charge (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 100 Power Impact/Ice attack. Then, Chill enemies in front of you, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Charge (4))
2) Icy Break (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 115 Power attack split between Impact and Ice. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Glacier Fall (Type: Impact, 35 SP. 115 Power attack, split between Impact and Ice. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
4) Winter Lord (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases defense by 20% against Chilled enemies.)
5) Icebreaker (Type: Ice, Passive. Your attacks that damage Chilled targets also deal a 70 Power Ice attack if the additional damage would be fatal to the target.)
6) Grand Cleave (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 85 Power attack.)
7) Cleansing Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Infection, Poison, and Paralysis from you or a nearby ally.)
8) ------------

Name : Destined Kuchisake
Level: 23
MaxHP: 107

Strength: 37
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 33
Agility : 36
Cunning : 43

Abilities Known:
1) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
2) Throat Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
3) Madness Glare (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))
4) Bravado (Type: Mind, Reactive. Resets your Presence cooldown when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less. Cooldown: Bravado (1))
5) Grace (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Improves accuracy and evasion by 25%.)
6) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Destined Jotunn
Level: 31
MaxHP: 130

Strength: 75
Magic   : 32
Vitality: 58
Agility : 24

Abilities Known:
1) Polar Charge (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 100 Power Impact/Ice attack. Then, Chill enemies in front of you, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Charge (4))
2) Icy Break (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 115 Power attack split between Impact and Ice. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Glacier Fall (Type: Impact, 35 SP. 115 Power attack, split between Impact and Ice. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
4) Winter Lord (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases defense by 20% against Chilled enemies.)
5) Icebreaker (Type: Ice, Passive. Your attacks that damage Chilled targets also deal a 70 Power Ice attack if the additional damage would be fatal to the target.)
6) Grace (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Improves accuracy and evasion by 25%.)
7) Haste (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Improves speed by 33%.)
8) ------------

Name : From Ghost (Incubus)

Strength: 28
Magic   : 33
Vitality: 41
Agility : 45
Cunning : 58

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
2) Love Tap (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 35% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies.)
3) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)
4) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
5) Mighty Roar (Type: Impact, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 50% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Breath (6))
6) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
7) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
8) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)

Maxwell gestures widely.
 Maxwell freezes the unicorn.
 The unicorn starts shivering!
 Maxwell looks refreshed.
 Your incubus drains the unicorn.
 It's super effective!
 The unicorn is still charmed!
 The unicorn is no longer regenerating.
 Your kuchisake stabs the unicorn.
 Maxwell makes a brief gesture.
 Maxwell freezes the unicorn.
 Maxwell looks refreshed.
 The unicorn is still charmed!
 The unicorn gestures at itself.
 The unicorn looks healthier.
 You hit the unicorn.
 Your incubus' evasion returns to normal.
 Your incubus' accuracy returns to normal.
 Your incubus drains the unicorn.
 It's super effective!
 Your incubus kills the unicorn!!
 Your evasion returns to normal.
 Your accuracy returns to normal.
 This level is now fully explored.
 Your relic scans the level for any remaining
 enemies...
 Maxwell's evasion returns to normal.
 Maxwell's accuracy returns to normal.
 Your kuchisake's evasion returns to normal.
 Your kuchisake's accuracy returns to normal.
 This level has been fully explored. Press 'o' to
 revisit points of interest and portals, or Shift
 + 'p' to travel to a specific destination.
 There is a corpse here. You can press 'g' to
 search the corpse.
 You search the corpse...
 You find nothing of interest.
 There is a shimmering portal to Victory here.
 Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change levels.
 Using Restore Demon...
 Nevermind then.
 Using Codex Daemonium...
 Your personal Codex Daemonium has recorded 59
 demon(s) and is 43% complete.
 Really win the game and start a new cycle? (Y or
 N)
 Alright then.
 N)
 You win!

Name : Brucha
MaxHP: 102

Strength: 48
Vitality: 32
Agility : 80

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Bolt Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Bolt Spray (Type: Pierce, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack.)
3) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
4) Vitalize (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Briefly bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
5) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Of Mercy (Lifegiver Angel)
MaxHP: 103

Strength: 21
Vitality: 43
Agility : 26
Cunning : 21

Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
2) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
8) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Name : Mindbender Yuki-onna
Level: 29
MaxHP: 110

Strength: 25
Magic   : 57
Vitality: 25
Agility : 25
Cunning : 63

Immune: Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
3) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Somnia Wave (Type: Mind, 30 SP. Only affects characters with 25 or less SP. Inflicts Sleep, preventing the targets from acting for a few turns or until damaged.)
6) Love Tap (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 35% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies.)
7) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)
8) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)

Name : Pe (Volcanic Mananangal)
MaxHP: 99

Strength: 11
Magic   : 68
Vitality: 14
Agility : 47
Cunning : 50

Immune: Fire Dark
Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
3) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
4) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
5) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
6) Furious Rage (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your health is at 50% or less of maximum and your last action was a damaging ability.)
7) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
8) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Name : Leib-olmai

Strength: 68
Magic   : 37
Vitality: 45
Agility : 30
Cunning : 15

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Rend Asunder (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Life Pulse (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Only affects allies. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
4) Calming Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kuchisake
Level: 22
MaxHP: 94

Strength: 35
Cunning : 42

Abilities Known:
1) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
2) Throat Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
3) Madness Glare (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))
4) Bravado (Type: Mind, Reactive. Resets your Presence cooldown when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less. Cooldown: Bravado (1))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Abilities Known:
1) Rend Asunder (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Life Pulse (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Only affects allies. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Hacked out a consecutive win a few hours later, of the ezpz sudden chill nuke sort
Was another crown of glory but after finding deep chill and headwind from corpses, I decided to make a str/ice hybrid from whatever skills i got from making an icesworn ghoul,
but chilling blast lent itself better to full magic, and this time around I made heavy use of winterkill and spellbinder

had a lot of lazy/sleep deprived play towards the end and revived a lot of demons until the end, where I just sorta wanted to see how many Credits I could rack up while still stomping with sudden chill(75,967), though I kept a handy array of other damage around

I did have an amusing moment where I used a Leib-Olmai's link and the heroism from it twice with peace offerings to kill Tremane, as he was shrugging off my demons otherwise

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 10/19/2017 2:39:20 AM

Summoner Lunaire...
selected Dark and Dark as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 133657 (presently on cycle 2),
and is still alive!

Name : Lunaire
Level: 33
MaxHP: 139

Strength: 16
Magic   : 162
Vitality: 20
Agility : 11
Cunning : 11

Resist: Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
2) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
3) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
4) Agony (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies without the Agony status effect. 70 Power attack. Applies Agony. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (2))
5) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
6) Auraward (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Fire, Electricity, or Ice ability, you gain Resist against all three of these types.)
7) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
8) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 10%.)

Relic Upgrades:
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)

Inventory:
2 Zephyr card
8 Pure gem
21 Heal stone
9 Heal gem
1 Heart glyph
1 Meteor rune
6 Blizzard rune
2 Peace offering
8 Pure stone
3 Magic map
2 Pain glyph
4 Chakra stone
3 Calm card
1 Flame glyph
1 Chakra gem
1 Frost glyph
1 Bronze offering

Current Credits: 75967

Personal Codex : 48 / 135 (35% complete)

Slash        0          0          0          5*         0         
Impact       2          0          0          5*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          5*         0         
Fire         1          1          1          3*         0         
Ice          4*         0          1          2*         2         
Electricity  1          0          2          2*         1         
Body         2          0          1          4*         0         
Mind         0          0          0          5*         0         
Light        0          0          0          2          3*         
Dark         2*         0          4*         1          0         

Name : Demas

Magic   : 55
Vitality: 47
Cunning : 39

Immune: Fire
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
2) Pyrokinesis (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited character. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
3) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
4) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
5) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
6) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
7) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
8) Icebreaker (Type: Ice, Passive. Your attacks that damage Chilled targets also deal a 70 Power Ice attack if the additional damage would be fatal to the target.)

Name : Impundulu

Magic   : 66
Vitality: 29
Agility : 45

Resist: Electricity Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Stormfront (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 0% to 75% of the original chance, based on proximity to the target (adjacent = 75%, maximum range = 0%).)
4) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
5) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
7) Sentinel's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves defense and evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
8) ------------

Name : Gluttonous Nero
MaxHP: 104

Magic   : 52
Vitality: 52
Agility : 19
Cunning : 19

Resist: Fire Ice Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
5) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
6) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Name : Destined Charun

Strength: 79
Magic   : 31
Vitality: 39

Abilities Known:
1) Grand Slam (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Agony (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies without the Agony status effect. 70 Power attack. Applies Agony. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) Empower (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Improves offense and defense by 25%.)
7) Mighty Roar (Type: Impact, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 50% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Breath (6))
8) ------------

The nero drains you.
 You miss the nero.
 Your speed returns to normal.
 Your power returns to normal.
 Your demas' speed returns to normal.
 Your demas' power returns to normal.
 Your impundulu's speed returns to normal.
 Your impundulu's power returns to normal.
 Your charun's speed returns to normal.
 Your charun's power returns to normal.
 Your jinn is no longer chilled.
 The nero hits you.
 You hit the nero. You feel refreshed.
 Your defense returns to normal.
 Your demas' evasion returns to normal.
 Your demas' defense returns to normal.
 Your impundulu's evasion returns to normal.
 Your impundulu's defense returns to normal.
 Your charun's evasion returns to normal.
 Your charun's defense returns to normal.
 The nero is no longer regenerating.
 The nero's evasion returns to normal.
 The nero's defense returns to normal.
 The nero gestures at itself.
 The nero begins to regenerate!
 The nero misses you.
 The nero is no longer chilled.
 The nero gestures at itself.
 The nero looks healthier.
 You hit the nero.
 The nero's power returns to normal.
 The nero hits you.
 You hit the nero. The nero hits you.
 You hit the nero.
 The nero is no longer regenerating.
 The nero drains you. The nero looks healthier.
 You hit the nero. The nero hits you.
 You hit the nero.
 You kill the nero!!
 Your jinn seems pleased. Your jinn wakes up.
 Using Restore Demon...
 Nevermind then.
 N)
 You win!

Name : Yuki-onna
MaxHP: 113

Strength: 33
Magic   : 62
Vitality: 33
Agility : 32
Cunning : 45

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Charun
Level: 26

Strength: 73
Vitality: 36

Abilities Known:
2) Agony (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies without the Agony status effect. 70 Power attack. Applies Agony. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 116

Magic   : 40
Vitality: 49
Agility : 32

Abilities Known:
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Holy Aeras
MaxHP: 90

Strength: 16
Magic   : 53
Vitality: 16
Agility : 37
Cunning : 43

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Light

Abilities Known:
1) Emit Sparks (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets up to 3 random enemies. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
2) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)
3) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
5) Mantra (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 2 turns. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
6) Goad (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was not a damaging ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
7) Bolt Chain (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also inflicts a 55 Power attack on and has a 10% chance to Shock an adjacent enemy. Shock applied by Bolt Chain cannot trigger Bolt Chain.)
8) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)

Name : Lifebender Unicorn
MaxHP: 136

Magic   : 63
Vitality: 51
Cunning : 25

Abilities Known:
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)
7) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)

Name : Ionic Jinn
MaxHP: 114

Strength: 26
Magic   : 68
Cunning : 40

Immune: Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fireball (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Disable Mind (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged. Cannot miss.)
4) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
5) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Volt Call (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
7) Storm Breath (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Breath (4))
8) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)

Name : Destined Charun

Strength: 79
Magic   : 31

Abilities Known:
5) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) Empower (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Improves offense and defense by 25%.)
7) Mighty Roar (Type: Impact, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 50% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Breath (6))
8) ------------

wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:34 pm

Hooray for winning :D

Oh, hi Solaire! But you're not in the right game :P

Alert and/or Distract can also be cute with a high Agility party, but I'm not convinced anyone builds those. :P I think I did succeed at making it better back with the attenuation changes and all, but it still isn't quite at the level of Strength, Magic, Vitality, or Cunning.

You do love Wild Frenzy. :D I would think of an Aketeko with it sort of E-Hondaing (is that a verb) in random directions though. :D

That one at least isn't an Avalanche bug: two targets are being hit with two effects each that they are Immune to: Ice damage and Chill. An actual Ice ability (which Avalanche isn't, it's Impact) would bounce only one each because it'd bounce at the ability level, not the effect level. (TLDR: I should never have hacked in dual-element abilities but it's way too late to go back now, so they're always going to be a little weird in small ways.)

...that is a ridiculous Oni. Even with crap Cunning, it has so many chances to land three very ugly conditions that it is probably bound to land at least one. And yeah, I don't know what I'd have dropped for Refresh either... MAYBE Malleable, but at that point you're teaching him to send healers more SP to replace the more SP they have to use healing him without Malleable, soooo ... yeah, I think he was stuck.

I have actually been considering switching demons over to a variant of "Relic Preservation"... that being, if a demon reaches 0 HP, it gets auto-unsummoned and takes a *massive* hit to MaxHP (initial thoughts: 50-75%!) If MaxHP drops to 0 from that, the demon is well and truly dead. Under that paradigm, Revive Demon probably would become a relic upgrade (and likely, a starter for Faithful Heart?) But, given how slow I'm already being with the Matter build I probably shouldn't go on too much about something not even in that :P

Ego Theft is one of those weird one-offs :D There is, unless I'm forgetting something, no other "cooldown drain" effect in the game. :D Cute to see that side-effect actually mattered for once.

75k credits is kinda insane. :P I would give Score for credits, but I worry that'd just make people feel like they shouldn't spend them (which is kind of already an issue.. something else I might try soon is accelerating how quickly costs / drops go up while also reducing the costs a bit... i.e.: strongly, strongly encourage you to use them promptly... but I still want you to have at least *some* ability to save up too. It's a tricky bit of math)

Thanks for the report, and congrats on the wins! :D
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:49 am

Died to Shikome+Kuchisake on tower 23 because I wasn't paying attention to healer sp

But!

The goal of this run was to go for 2 dancers and myself +Leadership to see how fast I could go, and it was a good run

But! I never found headless so that was that.

But! I found Wild Combo, which was pretty good because I was in Raichomode so my demons got to be pretty speedy. Pariah from Accursed Slash could really rack up a lot of damage.

But then I found a Brutal/Hulking something or other with Wild Frenzy. That's when things got real. (i also bronze offering'd the early Mulassa which was neat too but this was a run where my character was the main attraction, pretty much any ol' demon did well in my party so though i lost a lot of my fancy stuff it hardly affected me.)

Wild frenzy+leadership+150% Raichospeed is madness. MADNESS. It was hard to tell just how fast everything was, but it felt pretty much like my whole party was also at 150% speed. It was like playing Demon in bulletime. I absolutely must try this again but with leadership on my demons and Haste. And using a Psychic Raicho as soul armor because when you're that fast you endure Panick and Charm for like 3 times as long IRL.

Talking about my skills a little- earlier on I had multiple forms of attack like Earth Break, a Needle Spray, etc, etc, and even some defensive stuff like mob cover and block physical. It was only once I got rid of them that I realized the true ludicrous speed Wild Frenzy+Leadership afforded me. And of course, crippler spam is amazing. If the first hit of a 3-hit combo applied hexed, the followup 2 hits were devastating. Refresh was something I only realized I should get relatively late, because bloodlust sends your SP sky high against packs of enemies in a way that Earth Break and Wild Combo doesn't.

I really like finding builds that play different, and Leadership usage definitely is a fun one. I still think the instakill Snuff Out/dreamstalker is my favorite esoteric build found so far, and I just found out Exterminate exists when i picked up a death worm so I might have to try a mass sleep/Exterminate build sometime.

This build was do doubt in part so strong due to being a crown of glory. I didn't get any money upgrades and while I had money issues early on, by the lategame I was able to fill all ability slots and make some goofy fusions. Recycle makes you able to do silly stuff sooner though, and that's really nice in case you want to have your entire team be Whirling or some silliness.

Thanks to the overwhelming offense, I got a lot of tough critters that I normally have trouble recruiting- Archangels, Oni, all those pesky 'defeat while heroic links.'
Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 10/30/2017 6:23:25 PM

Summoner Oraoraoraora...
selected Dark and Buff as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 60892,
and is quite dead!

Name : Oraoraoraora
MaxHP: 123

Strength: 120
Vitality: 30
Cunning : 10

Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Wild Frenzy (Type: Impact, 20 SP. One, two, or three (equal odds) 33 Power attacks per target.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Inquisition (Type: Light, 35 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt on enemy targets, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Crippler (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt.)
6) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
7) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
8) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)

Relic Upgrades:
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)

Inventory:
4 Heart glyph
3 Pure gem
1 Bolt glyph
18 Heal gem
4 Zephyr card
2 Tempest rune
3 Calm card
2 Curse rune
2 Pure stone
25 Heal stone
8 Chakra stone
1 Frost glyph
1 Might gem
2 Chakra gem
1 Ghost chime
1 Gold offering
1 Bronze offering
1 Trouble chime
1 Meteor rune
1 Venom rune
1 Blizzard rune
2 Flame glyph
1 Wind card
1 Pain glyph

Current Credits: 15650

Personal Codex : 56 / 135 (41% complete)

Slash        1          0          1          5          2*         
Impact       4*         0          2          4          2*         
Pierce       3          0          0          6          2*         
Fire         1          0          5          2*         1         
Ice          0          0          2          3*         3         
Electricity  1          1          2*         5          0         
Body         1          1          1          3          3*         
Mind         1          0          2          4          2*         
Light        2*         2          0          4*         2         
Dark         0          0          2          4*         2         

Name : Whirling Nero
Level: 21

Strength: 26
Magic   : 35
Vitality: 35
Agility : 38
Cunning : 21

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
5) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Warning Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
8) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))

Name : Bronze Hoard (Mighty Mulassa)
Level: 37
MaxHP: 154

Strength: 52
Magic   : 50
Vitality: 71
Cunning : 31

Resist: Fire Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Blast (Type: Fire, 25 SP. 100 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
4) Terrifying Cry (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))
5) Dragon Soul (Type: None, Passive. Your abilities that use your current SP to determine their effect use your maximum SP instead.)
6) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
8) Arrow Spray (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack.)

Name : Solid Shoggoth
MaxHP: 142

Strength: 43
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 71

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
4) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing, SP restoration, and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt or restore SP based on SP drained.)
5) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
6) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
7) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
8) Wild Frenzy (Type: Impact, 20 SP. One, two, or three (equal odds) 33 Power attacks per target.)

Name : Unicorn

Strength: 34

Abilities Known:
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Repair Flesh (Type: Healing, 30 SP. 130 Power heal.)

Name : Virtue
Level: 35
MaxHP: 106

Strength: 18
Magic   : 108
Vitality: 18
Agility : 27
Cunning : 54

Resist: Fire Electricity Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Repair Flesh (Type: Healing, 30 SP. 130 Power heal.)
2) Vitae (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies. Removes all negative status changes, then applies a 150 Power heal. Cooldown: Miracle (1))
3) Lux (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. Has a 70% chance to apply Guilt, and a 50% chance to apply Mute, followed by an 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Miracle (1))
4) Channeler (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of abilities with the Miracle cooldown to 0, and reduces Miracle cooldowns by 50%.)
5) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
6) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)

Name : Warded Rakshasa
MaxHP: 138

Strength: 63
Magic   : 19
Vitality: 60
Cunning : 22

Resist: Fire Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Lethal Claw (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack.)
3) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) Eternal Glory (Type: Healing, Passive. Fully restores MaxHP and then HP when HP reaches 0. Cooldown: Soul (90))
6) Vampiric Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
7) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing, SP restoration, and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt or restore SP based on SP drained.)
8) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))

Name : Chthonic Death worm
MaxHP: 125

Strength: 41
Magic   : 43
Vitality: 65
Agility : 23
Cunning : 33

Immune: Electricity Body
Resist: Slash Impact Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Chain Lightning (Type: Electricity, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
2) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Exterminate (Type: Body, 15 SP. Only affects characters that are Infected, Poisoned, or Paralyzed. 130 Power attack, but misses if the damage would not be fatal.)
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
7) Stunning Blow (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
8) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)

You flail about wildly. You hit your death worm.
 It isn't very effective.
 You feel refreshed.
 You miss the shikome.
 You hit the shikome.
 The shikome is infected!
 The shikome is poisoned!
 You feel refreshed. You hit the shikome.
 You kill the shikome!!
 You feel refreshed. You hit your death worm.
 It isn't very effective.
 You feel refreshed.
 Your death worm looks energized!
 Your unicorn looks energized!
 Bronze Hoard looks energized!
 Your unicorn looks energized!
 The shikome withers you.
 The shikome saps your vigor!
 The shikome looks more vigorous.
 The shikome withers you.
 The shikome saps your vigor!
 The shikome looks more vigorous.
 The kuchisake blinks towards you.
 You stagger.
 The kuchisake slashes you.
 It's super effective!
 Your death worm hurls a lightning bolt.
 Your death worm shocks the shikome.
 Your death worm misses the shikome.
 Your death worm shocks the kuchisake.
 It's super effective!
 Your unicorn gestures at you. You feel better.
 Bronze Hoard bites the kuchisake.
 The kuchisake is no longer shocked.
 The kuchisake blinks towards you.
 You stagger badly!
 The kuchisake glares with eyes flashing.
 You lose control!
 Your death worm resists.
 Bronze Hoard resists.
 The shikome claws you.
 It's super effective!
 You die...

Name : Yuki-onna
MaxHP: 101

Strength: 30
Magic   : 56
Vitality: 29
Agility : 29

Abilities Known:
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Strength: 77
Magic   : 30

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Savior Yuki-onna
MaxHP: 122

Vitality: 42
Cunning : 32

Abilities Known:
6) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)
7) Apocalypse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Only affects allies not weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (6))
8) ------------

Name : Brucha
MaxHP: 99

Strength: 47
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 31
Agility : 79
Cunning : 23

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Bolt Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Bolt Spray (Type: Pierce, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack.)
3) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
4) Vitalize (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Briefly bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Minipython (Chthonic Ilomba)
Level: 20

Magic   : 19

Resist: Slash Impact

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
4) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))
5) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
6) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
7) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
8) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)

Abilities Known:
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Strength: 77
Magic   : 30

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:31 am

Well, congrats on an *almost* win anyway. :D Heck, by some standards, Tower:23 is a win anyway since people like planting uberghosts there.

:D Raicho Soul Armor huh? Ooze Soul Armor might be a viable, if later game, alternative soon. They're also 150%, completely different resistance table though. :) Probably a bit more expensive, we'll have to see how it shakes out. :)

I'm always happy when someone tries out a crazy new build and has fun times with it. There's a lot of weird stuff hiding in the ability list that I've hoped would be fun to explore, and it's neat when a new one gets trotted out for a run. :D Once Thrones* are in the game, you might have some new very late game abilities of note to play with for this... if you can survive Thrones to acquire them. To give you a hint what Thrones are about, one of their abilities is Friction Burn, a Slash/Fire Spin Slash variant. :D

(* Not in the Matter build though: Thrones are somewhere in the next set of new floors! To clarify also for non-mythology nerds: Thrones are a type of angel, not some weird new mechanic involving fancy metallic chairs. :P )

Interesting about Refresh/Bloodlust: I have expected high speed builds to usually have SP problems... but then, that was before Wombo Combo and Wombo Frenzy were added to the game. :D I don't mind it though, there are definitely higher damage things you *could* do with that speed, it's nice that there are options for managing the SP other than "just use auto attacks or boring single-target stuff".

Fun fact about Exterminate: Long long ago, Turdak had this ability. It was a bit too awful a violation of my usual "be gentle introducing new mechanics" rule though, especially since back then, it was the first encounter with "insta-kill" mechanics (yes, it technically had a condition, but Turdak and his pals never have had any trouble inflicting Body status effects on enemies.)

Thanks as always for the report, these are always interesting to read. :D
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:53 am

Yeah, a problem I have with dancers is that they run out of SP without bloodlust/tormentor, but their survivability is heavily compromised with them...

exterminate Turdak sounds amazing... if something like NG+ changes or harder modes ever exists, definitely unshelve that particular cruelty!
wizzzargh

Postby wizzzargh » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:13 am

Booted up demon again for another ultimate Wild Frenzy build, was even more horrifying than the last. And much nicer to play, with Mind resistance.

This fellow had access to Transpose Soul to ensure I got Wild Frenzy. I found it in the wild anyway, but I was able to pick up Accursed from something-or-other and heavy-handed from python, and had plans to use it for haste later on (but found that too). I started out with the defensive titan's fist build to keep myself safe, but as my offense reached absurd levels (and my Strength provided defense) such things became irrelevant. I probably could have dropped parry too, but it was nice to have some insurance when I dove into the middle of a pack of Oni.

Accursed was much, much more dangerous than venomous. Pretty much as soon as I impacted the enemy line, they were all dead in 2-3 Wild Frenzies, and any survivors were usually some combination of Hexed and/or Stunned and/or Panicked, the latter being thanks to this guy
Who I picked up when he was downscaled to level 19 from a ghost and made Fearsome on my own. He got Ball Lightning from the Anzu fusion, but since I was usualy in the way of such things, Muddle Host was the Eye-Killer's usual use of SP, and Innocence+High Levels seemed to have it work very well.

I finally beat down Mordecai and got Reprobus, though even with this very mighty build it was a dangerous link. I also got Phoenix without too much trouble, but Slenderman didn't even drop under 100HP when I tried that link. Found Bigfoot in the midst of a heroic link and beat him to death since the 'intense distrust' would probably cause bigfoot to reject the link, I thought.

I made some attempts to get leadership boosting my turns but Wild Frenzy doesn't play well with fellow melee combatants so I wasn't too peeved when
Turdak died as usual- having high speed and good resistances is just too harsh on HP and honestly I killed things so fast on my own that increasing the speed of my allies was pretty irrelevant. So then I tried having ranged support, which was nice, though I did 1-hit wild frenzy this nice Hunter Lilim I picked up (or maybe I damaged her and then the enemy AI focus-fired her to death, it's hard to say at those speeds when you skip through turns)

In the end, I ended up walking around with myself as the only real damage dealer, because that was really all that was necessary. Healers and buffers kept me hale and hasty as I demolished everything.
Though i eventually traded this angel out for unicorns and Ninkasi, it gives a good idea of what the buffer/healers looked like. The Radian unicorn was thanks to a Radiant Mummy from a ghost on the last floor- the mummy being the very last enemy I fought.

Towards the end, I had currency burning a hole in my pocket so I made Brewmaster Reprobus and the Inspire he got seemed perfect- my Wild Frenzy would give my support an extra turn, the support would give me an extra turn, and under the effects of 200% speed with haste, the enemy squad would eat around 200+ power+massive str buff+off up of attacks every turn, untold Pariah triggers, extra damage from Hex, and pretty much nothing could come close to threatening me unless I rolled several 1-hit Frenzies.

Probably the most powerful melee build I've seen. Without ludicrous speed and human guidance though, it's pretty feeble- my Mirror Chime ghost was pretty pathetic, so I just went ahead and won, especially since the matter build will be clearing ghosts anyway, right?

Oh , and a possible minor bug
Going into relic upgrade when needing to delete a demon, it seemed stuck and unable to escape out, but then I looked away to an internet tab and returned to normal. Could very well have just been nothing, or lag
Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 11/9/2017 4:34:37 PM

Summoner TokiWoTomare...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Defense and Defense as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 82902,
and is still alive!

Name : TokiWoTomare
Level: 34
MaxHP: 128

Strength: 155
Cunning : 6

Resist: Electricity Mind
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce Body

Abilities Known:
1) Wild Frenzy (Type: Impact, 20 SP. One, two, or three (equal odds) 33 Power attacks per target.)
2) Inquisition (Type: Light, 35 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt on enemy targets, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
6) Accursed (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Pariah, causing the target's allies to take damage when the target does (excluding reactions).)
7) Crippler (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt.)
8) Parry (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to parry Melee and Direct range Slash, Impact, and Pierce abilities if your last used ability was also such.)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)

Inventory:
2 Pure gem
14 Pure stone
24 Heal stone
2 Meteor rune
3 Peace offering
2 Heart glyph
1 Pain glyph
2 Chakra gem
5 Zephyr card
12 Heal gem
2 Tempest rune
5 Chakra stone
2 Bolt glyph
2 Guardian gem
3 Frost glyph
1 Calm card
2 Blizzard rune
1 Bronze offering
1 Curse rune
1 Wind card

Current Credits: 25207

Personal Codex : 71 / 135 (52% complete)

Slash        1          0          1          5          2*         
Impact       3*         0          1          5          2*         
Pierce       1          0          1          5          2*         
Fire         1          1          2          5*         0         
Ice          0          1          1          4*         2         
Electricity  1          1          2*         4          1         
Body         1          0          1          4          3*         
Mind         2          2          1*         5          0         
Light        2*         4          1          1*         2         
Dark         0          0          3          2*         3         

Name : Fearsome Eye killer
Level: 35

Magic   : 89
Vitality: 27
Agility : 39
Cunning : 46

Abilities Known:
1) Shock Blast (Type: Electricity, 25 SP. 100 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Muddle Host (Type: Mind, 35 SP. 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the targets' actions to sometimes be randomized.)
3) Furious Rage (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your health is at 50% or less of maximum and your last action was a damaging ability.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
6) Ball Lightning (Type: Electricity, 35 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
8) Cluster Bolt (Type: Electricity, 35 SP. 100 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)

Name : Brewmaster Reprobus
MaxHP: 141

Strength: 55
Magic   : 42
Cunning : 35

Immune: Mind Light
Resist: Body

Abilities Known:
1) Impaling Thrust (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 85 Power attack, enemies only.)
2) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
4) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
7) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
8) Inspire (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Cannot target a Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping character. Gives the target an extra turn immediately.)

Name : Icekin Unicorn
MaxHP: 128

Strength: 41
Magic   : 52
Cunning : 28

Immune: Ice Light

Abilities Known:
6) Haste (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Improves speed by 33%.)
8) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))

Name : Radiant Unicorn

Vitality: 51
Cunning : 25

Resist: Fire

Abilities Known:
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
4) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
5) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
6) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
7) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
8) Inspire (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Cannot target a Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping character. Gives the target an extra turn immediately.)

Name : Platinum Big (Titanic Phoenix)
MaxHP: 114

Strength: 48
Agility : 56

Immune: Fire
Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Burning Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 100 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Burning Scythe (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack, split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
4) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
5) Eternal Glory (Type: Healing, Passive. Fully restores MaxHP and then HP when HP reaches 0. Cooldown: Soul (90))
6) Crippler (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt.)
7) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
8) Willbreaker (Type: Impact, 35 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Charm, turning the targets against their allies.)

Name : Archon Incubus
Level: 33

Magic   : 38
Agility : 38
Cunning : 80

Immune: Mind

Abilities Known:
2) Love Tap (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 35% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies.)
3) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)
4) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
5) Menacing Shout (Type: Mind, 15 SP. Three 60% chances to delay the next turn of enemy targets. Cooldown: Presence (4))
6) Share Pain (Type: Mind, Passive. Your Mind attacks deal 0-50% more damage based on your current health (less health = more damage).)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Sacred Virtue
MaxHP: 109

Strength: 13
Magic   : 103
Vitality: 13
Agility : 20
Cunning : 61

Resist: Fire Electricity Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Repair Flesh (Type: Healing, 30 SP. 130 Power heal.)
2) Grace (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Improves accuracy and evasion by 25%.)
3) Vitae (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies. Removes all negative status changes, then applies a 150 Power heal. Cooldown: Miracle (1))
4) Lux (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. Has a 70% chance to apply Guilt, and a 50% chance to apply Mute, followed by an 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Miracle (1))
5) Channeler (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of abilities with the Miracle cooldown to 0, and reduces Miracle cooldowns by 50%.)
6) Halo (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
7) Silent Light (Type: Light, 45 SP. 50% chance to inflict Mute on enemy targets, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)

Wild Frenzy can only be centered on yourself.
 Press Enter to execute, Escape to cancel.
 You flail about wildly. You hit the mummy.
 You feel refreshed. You hit the mummy.
 You defeat the mummy!!
 The mummy is no longer heroic.
 The mummy joins your party!!
 Mummy was added to your personal Codex Daemonium.
 You feel refreshed. (x2)
 You feel guilty!
 Reprobus looks energized! (x3)
 Reprobus takes a deep breath.
 Reprobus looks refreshed.
 You have too many allies and must delete one.
 Press Enter to sacrifice Radiant Mummy and pay
 3510 C to perform this fusion, or press Escape to
 cancel.
 You sacrifice your mummy!
 Your unicorn undergoes a significant change!
 Your unicorn receives Set Alight!
 Your unicorn receives Meltdown!
 Your unicorn has too many abilities and must
 delete 2.
 Really delete Set Alight? (Y or N)
 You delete Set Alight from your unicorn!
 Your unicorn has too many abilities and must
 delete 1.
 Really delete Meltdown? (Y or N)
 You delete Meltdown from your unicorn!
 You begin resting.
 Your unicorn gestures at itself.
 Your unicorn begins to regenerate!
 Your unicorn gestures at itself.
 Your unicorn will regenerate longer!
 You feel less guilty.
 Your unicorn is no longer regenerating.
 Your defense returns to normal.
 Rest complete.
 There is a corpse here. You can press 'g' to
 search the corpse.
 You search the corpse...
 You find an item on the corpse!
 You pick up the medium cache.
 Your relic absorbs 586 C.
 N)
 You win!

Name : Ninkasi

Magic   : 40
Agility : 51
Cunning : 51

Abilities Known:
1) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
6) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
7) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)

Name : Sacred Archangel
Level: 20
MaxHP: 84

Strength: 29
Magic   : 34
Vitality: 24
Cunning : 34

Resist: Fire Body

Abilities Known:
1) Soothing Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Also grants a 105 Power heal to you or a nearby ally whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum.)
2) Grand Cleave (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 85 Power attack.)
3) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))
4) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
5) Halo (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
6) Silent Light (Type: Light, 45 SP. 50% chance to inflict Mute on enemy targets, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Jotunn

Strength: 75
Magic   : 32
Vitality: 58

Abilities Known:
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Stormborn Leib-olmai
MaxHP: 115

Strength: 56
Magic   : 39
Cunning : 27

Abilities Known:
6) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
7) Overload (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 100 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
8) Cluster Bolt (Type: Electricity, 35 SP. 100 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)

Name : Radiant Mummy
MaxHP: 129

Strength: 17
Magic   : 47
Vitality: 70
Agility : 17
Cunning : 29

Resist: Fire Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fester Touch (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 70 Power attack, followed by a 105 Power attack dealt as MaxHP damage that cannot reduce MaxHP below the target's current HP.)
2) Vitiating Grasp (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense and evasion by 20%.)
3) Accursed Veil (Type: Dark, Reactive. 35% chance to inflict Pariah on adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing the target's allies to take damage when the target does (excluding reactions).)
4) Judge's Veil (Type: Light, Reactive. 35% chance to inflict Guilt on adjacent characters that deal damage to you, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
5) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
6) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) Afflicter (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP for applying a new Body, Mind, Light, Dark, or Debuff status effect. (Poison stacking does not count as a new effect.))

wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:25 am

Well, my days of worrying about melee are coming to a middle. :D Though, if (almost) all Strength is the only way to do it tat-wise, that might be a problem. :D Then again, Vitality-heavy "hit me" builds were one of the original memes, even if maybe not strictly "melee" by some possible definitions?

Anyway, on to what you actually posted. :P

Yeah, Pariah got a pretty good buff in group combat from the great combat speed up's effect on status changes. Also notable: Unlike Venomous, it doesn't have diminishing returns or an upper limit: if you can get more hits and/or have more targets, it just keeps getting better. :) Of course, with more targets is implied you're in more danger, so I'm okay with that. Kinda what it's meant for. :D

It almost hurts seeing Ball Lightning in a screenshot with Shock Blast and Cluster Bolt. :P "Babby's first lightning sprite" vs. "Hey, maybe this guy almost knows how to make an icon" :D But yes, Innocence makes for a scary nuker/status mage, and it's always nice when the ghost system gives you a fun surprise. :D

Re: Bigfoot and the heroic link, you are correct. A "Spread Distrust" result takes place before the new link if you switch links, and can prevent the new link from forming (You even get a unique message, something like "Bigfoot rejects the link!" or something like that.)

Yeah, at 140% Speed, Turdak is basically in Raicho territory already, and they at least have craptastic resistances to cover for their high Speed + low Vitality. With Turdak's somewhat better resistances, he ends up very.. fragile.

One melee + three supports is actually how I originally figured going melee would go in Demon, way back in my original ponderings. :D One of my very first thoughts about Demon was picturing a low-level melee dude running around a dungeon with three pixies (in this imagining, pixies were combination Faerie/Freybugs, and debuffs stacked like in traditional SMT, so basically all his enemies ended up massively ACC/EVD down'd while the faeries healed any damage he managed to take despite that while carving them up.)

Re: Healers: did you actually not use Absolution, or was it just missing on that Angel?

I'm actually really happy it sounds like the AI managed to use Inspire correctly. Abilities of the "I give up X to give you X" type have always been a pain in the neck for me to get right. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Inspire and its cousins still have problems, but I'm happy when I hear about one working properly. :D

And yes, oh yes, the Matter build will *absolutely* be a ghost wipe. :D

Huh.. I'll see if I can repro that bug, should be easy enough if there's nothing else tricky about it. I admit I haven't anticipated people upgrading a relic during too many demon dialogue... I wonder what happens if you upgrade capacity in that circumstance... I should check!

Congrats on the win, and thanks as always for the report! :D
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion