Turdak's Sanctum, YASD and ramblings

The tower awaits!

Re: Turdak's Sanctum, YASD and ramblings

Postby Ferret » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:51 am

Crown of Glory is a bit of a funny duckling. It really wants almost every stat (except sometimes, Magic.) It usually ends up best to pick one or two elements to ignore and acknowledge those will be weak points, or try to compensate with abilities. It still ends up being solid though: even if the damage from buff/debuff/heal attacks ends up low due to neglected Strength, they still tend to be excellent bargains SP and turn count wise. My main two ploys with Crown are either ignore Strength/Magic and live with the lower damage, or ignore Agility and hope Intent and demons with EVD Down and Chill can cover the gap for me. Of course, if you decide you don't want debuff cuts, it can get easier because Cunning becomes a dump stat... but then, the debuff ones tend to be amazingly powerful and far easier to spam SP-cost/cooldown wise than the ranged equivalents.

Punish vs. Snuff Out, the AI is likely to prefer Punish in many cases: Punish is 10 SP cheaper and can't "fizzle". :) The only time Snuff Out would win would be if Snuff Out was a near-certain or certain kill and Punish was deemed to have no chance of killing... which would happen sometimes, but not super often (ignoring obvious cases like elemental weakness/resistance interference.) And yeah, any breath weapon on a Chindi seems to be a winner, as you noted before, Haunt seems to solve much of the positioning problem the AI (and players) sometimes have with breath weapon aiming.

I'm currently working on a bit of a tweak to how the AI regards healing. I don't have it developed enough to implement right this second, but the basic idea of it is that all demons will be a little less spazzy on healing, and demons with a mix of healing and offensive powers will tend to hold off a bit on healing rather than jumping on every tiny injury. Granted, there won't be a huge amount of holding off going on... basically what I'd like to see is "healer only" demons waiting until at high yellow or low green health and mixed demons waiting until high orange or low yellow. Right now everyone pretty much jumps on healing as soon as the AI says it wouldn't be wasteful (i.e.: If it projects 11 HP will be healed, it pretty much wants to heal the instant 11 HP are missing and it takes something major to make it decide to do otherwise), which I'm getting a fair amount of feedback/personal experience suggesting may be a bit overkill even for a game as deadly as Demon. Still want to do some more thinking and a lot of testing before I release a change like this into the wild though. :)

Hehe. :) Poison Veil doesn't have an off switch. :D In theory, the AI could be taught to wake up sleeping allies in this way too, but... there could definitely be issues with that. Letting the AI do anything that damages the player/player units opens the door to situations where, however good the intention, that damage contributes to a death.

Don't worry, Turdak's Sanctum nerf forecast is riding at 0% at the moment. :) I'm pretty open about the fact I designed Demon to be brutally hard, pretty much from the opening gate, and only getting nastier as you go. As long as it remains a fair hard... and, so far, I think it does... the nerf bat isn't going to show up often just because there's a high volume of deaths.

I'm finally getting back into a content development phase (after adding only one floor in the last year, :'( ), so before too much longer, the game will start growing in terms of length again. :) I know better than to promise content development will keep pace with players playing through it, but hopefully it'll come online at a good clip regardless. :D

Dash is pretty amazing. :) Pounce and Bull Rush used to not require enemy targets, but that was ridiculously broken, it made them basically into Controlled Blink. I liked having leap attacks, but I didn't want controlled blink, so I forced them to target enemies. Then I made Dash, gave it the SP/cooldown an actual Controlled Blink should have (and a small range too), and that seems to have made everything happy: Pounce/Bull Rush are great charge attacks, Dash is a great all-purpose maneuvering skill, and all of them have appropriate pricing. :D

Demon comments!

Centaur: Melee tank centaur. :D Not sure I've used one as a tank before, but the difference stat-wise between a Centaur and a solid tank is fairly minimal, so with those abilities, it'd definitely work. :D

Chindi: Light and Dark abilities definitely get in each other's way a bit... well, the ones with Light and Dark cooldowns do, anyway. It can still be useful to have both anyway: resistance/immunity to one is often found with weakness to the other. :)

Solid Carbuncle: These guys don't usually see a lot of use, I think their low HP scares people away from them. Of course, a Solid one will have a lot more HP than normal, and good defenses too. :) This one was probably really hard to hit.
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:39 pm

And just like that, my next character conquered Turdak's Sanctum no problem and died on Tower:13. My death was completely avoidable, I just got greedy trying to save demons I was planning on sacrificing anyway (Not pictured, but still alive- a Foul African Shield-Snake I picked up to console myself after the death of my Lilim). I should have let the baddies tear into him, used a Wind Card, or even a Pure Stone to get rid of Mute(This fight had gone on for a while and I was muted twice and chose to wait it out). But naturally I tried walking away from monsters with Pounce and potential instakill chances taped to their melee, with predictable results.

I have no idea why I thought naming my character after someone from the Outsiders was a good idea, but they were an Alluring Gaze/Ego Theft/Something I don't remember but was pretty okay for a while, and though they didn't do much themselves beyond snipe weak enemies with Ego Theft and use Charm, it was clearly a hot enough combo to get through a fair bit of the game. Though I was careful not to expose myself to my Light Weakness too often, I completely forgot I was Mind resistant and I was similarly keen on avoiding melee with Lilim and the Charm Dwarves that were all over the later levels. I picked up Ember Burst from my Fiery Chindi, which was satisfying to use as a break from ego theft.

I didn't find very many Matrices this game, but I got good use out of them. The Fiery Chindi had the Haunt-Breath combo I've stumbled upon so often recently, and slapping Leech Touch and Blue Whisper on made it great at disrupting enemy packs.

I had 2 Will o Wisps for a while, but naturally I kept the Deadly one. Leech Bite and Venom Bite were its abilities, and though they were nice early on, they were cycled out for some more classic abilities and later Stunning Blow and Pink whisper.

My other melee frontliner was a Chachapuma I sacrificed Headless to. I swear he was supposed to get Mind resistance from that, but maybe I misread and misremembered the Maj. modifier. He got Draw Wounds and Riposte from the fusion, neither of which I kept. Though he had some close calls with Bmola, this guy was pretty great, and could cover himself by Blue Whispering one enemy and then stunlocking another one with Stunning Blow. The Mind Weakness just resulted in me dismissing him whenever he got charmed or Ego Thefting him if he was put to sleep, which hurt, but he could take it.

Then the other half of my team was more of a ranged attacker style, which I had never tried out before. Earlier on I had a regular Angel in addition to the Fiery angel, between those angels, the Profane Asrai, and the much adored Lilim that knew Agony and Mending, I could rain a serious amount of light, cold, and dark damage down, and when the enemy did close to melee, frost veils, Fire Breaths, and Blue Whispers ensured that even if my main melee brutes were disabled, my party was no pushover. I wasn't sure if Agony or Ignite counted as negative status effects for the purposes of Tormentor, but between all the other status effects this party threw out I'm sure Tormentor was getting plenty of use anyway.

Now that I know Demons don't attack sleeping enemies, Blue Whisper is pretty great- this is the first time I had a Lilim and greatly benefitted from it. Though when training her, I accidentally had her forget Charisma before I could learn it or pass it around, which was too bad given how many Whispers I ended up using. Since she was pretty much a backup healer+ranged attacker, losing her to a Bmola and then replacing her with one of the Bmola's friends was a net bonus to the party, I think, but I tend to cling to demons a little beyond their usefulness. The Bmola was great at blasting fools but it had no melee survivability. Still, for a one-trick bird it's trick was good enough for me.

Panic is one of the nastier effects and after losing Lilim and my backup angel, I only had one healer who suffered from the drawbacks of Mending, so Pixie was a 10/10 Demon to find on the later floors.

This was a fun run, I've played quite a few Vodun Masks now and I think they might be my favorite.
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:50 pm

Light parties, eww. Light weakness takes awhile to become properly annoying, but it doesn't waste any time once it comes online. :( Ehloses do make good "stop these guys for me" demons though, even without any help. A few defensive skills, and they may even live long enough to be unsummoned once you're out of sight.

Some mask builds can be a little low key, but they can get the job done. :)

Whispers are very nice skills in general, even on melees lacking in the Cunning department, they usually have the SP to spare and it doesn't cost an action, so why not? Only real downsides to it for melees are the SP cost *can* be an issue with AE melee attacks and/or if you want to use battle cries, but otherwise, they're great.

There was a bug up until the 11/26 build where Headless's modifier wasn't giving Mind resistance like it was supposed to. What build was this on? If it wasn't 11/26, upgrade already. :P I'd love some feedback about the capture mechanic changes for "Kill dudes" and "Protect me". :D I love the "Maj." modifier, but the ability set is a little conflicted. If you want a supportive melee type, it will probably give you what you want. If you want a heavy melee, or a heavy support, you might get something you don't want. Draw Wounds may have been interesting to keep though... it's one of the few heal abilities the AI isn't hyper about, but it can still save lives. I actually prefer it on low Magic units sometimes, since that limits the HP given per cast.

Re: Tormentor. Ignite counts, Agony doesn't. :) Might be worth noting: Even lowly Chill is enough. :D

Sleep is definitely powerful: since your demons are manic about not waking up sleeping enemies (note: can override this behavior by issuing a kill order on the target, should the need ever arise), if you have multiple Sleep sources, you can easily break encounters up into bite-sized chunks. Even better, many "big dumb brute" type demons tend to be weak to it, making it easy to take these threats out of play for a bit.

Bmola are the other reason Headwind exists. :) Frost Arrow and Chilling Blast appyling Chill + turn delays on incoming targets is great stuff. :D Pixies are quite nice too, though they tend to blow through their SP like crazy with Muddle, leaving them relatively little time for healing. That said, so long as Muddle is sticking, you may not need much healing from them anyway.

Tower:13's another good run under your belt. :D At this rate you'll reach the (current) top in no time!
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:19 am

Best character yet! This character isn't even dead, I'm just taking a break from playing so I don't splat out of fatigue like I did with a few earlier characters to ghoul and wisp packs. I did get to play with a High Voltage Shock-Spear Brain-rattler, which was pretty cool for stunlocking.

Anyway, TYPOS! The description of the Numbing skill wrote Pierce as 'piegrce,' and secondly, Pele's description wrote Summit as Summut.

Next up, my thoughts on some of the new capture mechanics now that I'm using an up to date build! Having to kill 2 dudes instead of one for Zombies and Ilomba is a good change I think, and showing the nearest enemy when trying to fulfill team up and kill links makes them a lot more doable, and being able to leave floors with them is great because you don't have to worry about those links being ruined by them being part of the last pack on a floor. I actually was able to recruit Ghouls for once! Truly amazing.

The 'Protect me' links are pretty intense, though I pulled off all three that I tried. Without Flesheater or some other form of healing that doesn't require mana, I think it would be very easy to get bogged down and killed. The peasant horde that came for the Asrai did nothing to prepare me for the Oni-Ogre-Bandit spawns that Ninkasi had though- It's a good thing my party was so heavy on sleep and charm attacks. And finally, Pele's link was really fun but it can go wrong fast if you get Bull Rushed too hard by bandits that escape incineration. I also really liked the boar guy that showed up to fight Pele at the end, and how you could choose to turn on Pele and get him instead (though since I had Miodchaoin and Turdak already, I really didn't need another big bruiser.) I feel like I might have slightly exploited the spawn mechanics with Pele's link- Pele was found in a room with only one entrance (though it was a weird 2-hallways funneling into one entrance) and I noticed if I hung back and kept the entire room visible, all the bandits had to go through a chokepoint (which wasn't happening with Pele raining hell on them while Turdak and Miodchaoin barred the way) but if I left even a slight corner of the room out of sight, bandits could show up from that tiny patch of unseen terrain. Not sure if bug or feature, but I thought it was worth mentioning. The boar guy did spawn out of thin air near the end, which I assume is intended behavior.

ANYWAY, this character went from a Wraith Touching guy to having Fire, Ice, and Electric touches for maximum elemental versatility, picked up Yellow whisper to try his hand at status effects, tried out Miodchaoin's Roar before realizing it scaled with Strength not Magic, and is now a fairly heavy duty healer with 50 magic, Pink Whisper and now Hypnotic Glare (soon to be Alluring Gaze) for defense and a hard hitting Flame Arrow for those times when I can't bring out Pele. Pretty cool guy.

Anyway, I've got great demons, which is good because towers 12-14 have felt like different beasts compared to the earlier levels. I guess I'm nearing the endgame of the current content, and I certainly feel threatened by all these new demons and their fancy new modifiers.

I've got a Jiang Shi who I guess has hung on this long by the power of Leech Bite+Bloodthirst. It knows Numbing, Mighty Roar, and Blue Whisper, so there's a lot of nastiness it pulls out.

I have a Lifegiver Preta that's a pretty standard healer, but honestly having Ghost Bite turned the tide of a few corridor battles.

I have a Lethal Atua that I think is really interesting- it has Arc Needle and Nightbringer, so it can really disrupt enemy plans, though it rarely gets to use its Pink Whisper.
Special mention to the Atua I used to have that knew the skills of a special Acheri I used to have- Fetid Burst and the Body-Infection breath weapon. That would have been a lot more interesting if I didn't have Mighty Roar.

I have a Mindbender Hob which I might just sacrifice to fix Miodchaoin, but in the meantime is a backup healer with Hypnotic Glare and Dazzling Veil.

Now to the main stars of this show- Miodchaoin and Turdak! I got Miodchaoin the good old fashioned way this time, no offerings, just pure violence, so I want my cookie :lol: It helped having Mind and Fire attacks to slap him around with. Once I got Turdak, I started cross-pollinating their skills, and the combination of Juggernaut, Evade Step, movement-attacks, and so on is really brutal- with a bit of healing they chew through just about anything. Miodchaoin died once, but luckily I had a spirit chime, and since then I've been careful to make sure he gets regular meals of Soothe and Flesheater. The Mighty Roar has spread across various demons- what a fun skill. Second Wind is really great as well.
for those too lazy to drag the image to desktop, Miodchaoin's cropped skills are Mind Reader, Pounce, Spin Slash, and Evade Step

When I was on the last turn of Ninkasi's link, I agonized over what demon to lose, and I ended up using a Gold Matrix to make Turdak Holy, sacrificing the Blessed Lilim that had supplied everyone with Blue Whispers and various support. I was worried that becoming Holy would mess up Turdaks stats, but now that I've actually gone through these dungeon areas I think I can safely say that if he was vulnerable to light, he would be dead.

Ninkasi herself is really nice, because she heals, she buffs, she charms, and unlike a Blessed Faerie or whatever might have comparable skills, she's fast and tough herself so I don't need to worry about her suddenly getting killed if I get paralyzed or something. All I've done with her is add Calm and Tireless, but the handy thing about these unique demons is that they're excellent from the moment you get them, no training or matrixing required (which is good because I've barely found any matrixes this game, though I've finally gotten to the point where a gold matrix can shine)

Basically my entire party is vulnerable to fire, so when I saw Pele my initial plan was to Dash to the portal and get the hell out. Luckily she had a cooperative link so her might was always on my side and I never had to face her wrath. If I'm willing to trust in nothing but my own healing and use her instead of Ninkasa and the Jiang Shi instead of Turdak, my party can vomit forth absurd amounts of area of effect damage very quickly between multiple Mighty Roars and Rain of Fire. Very fun to rain down hell upon my enemies, though it feels a little strange to not be doing it myself. Pele offered to teach me Rain of Fire, but I decided to stick with the more modest Flame Arrow and save my mana for healing and Charming. Maybe I can teach it to another demon, but without Pele's 49 Magic I'm sure it just won't be as impressive.

time to sleep, I'll probably finish tomorrow. I really feel like this party can make it to the end if I can avoid doing stupid things.
wizzzargh

Postby Sandman25 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:13 pm

It sounds so cool despite I don't understand what all those abilities do :)
I wonder if there is a safe way to share game files to take a look at those demons/abilities. Though that can cause problems since games are reported to some online server. Too bad we cannot analyze morgue files like in DCSS, it would greatly help to bad players like me.
Sandman25

Postby Ferret » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Typos fixed, though in content mode it may be a bit before another build comes out, barring the discovery of any seriously annoying bugs. :) Thanks! :D

:D Yeah, the "at least 2" rule for "kill dudes" capture mechanics seems to have taken a lot of the potential for abuse out of them. I mean, you can still free remove every 3rd guy, but in most cases, once you've defeated 2 enemies in a fight, you *probably* are already solidly winning. The time limit can make it tougher to do early in a fight too, especially if healers and swapping wounded guys back are available options for the enemy.

Sounds like I got Protect links more or less correct. :) They went from being near worthless in terms of gameplay and basically free recruits to something of a nail-biter. :D I'll probably have to allow spawns that are set as "walk up from just out of sight" to "warp in" if the terrain is not cooperating though... in the situation you describe, it's quite possible some of the bandits weren't even spawning at all... but otherwise, I'm happy with what I've heard from this report. :D

Melee mage! :D I love melee mage builds. :) You may not get all the fun passives a physical melee gets, but exploiting weaknesses properly can be a big damage boost, and since you're Magic based and not Strength based, you also have the option of throwing in healing if you want, and have easier access to ranged options. It seems to be a good trade off between the two options. :D

12-14 is the start of the home stretch, of the current content at least :) Also home to some particularly nasty heroes/summoners, but perhaps they're in hiding if you haven't run into any of them yet. :D Lucky you :) I'm glad it feels properly harder. I don't get many reports from that high up, so it's nice when they say the right things. :)

Jiang Shi can definitely do good work for a good long time if you're investing in them. 75% life drain is huge: they can usually tank any other single opponent so long as they're not Pierce or Body resistant and aren't hitting the Jiang Shi's weaknesses.

Ghost Bite is a poor man's smite, but it's still a smite. :) If you plan on fighting in hallways, at least one member with Ghost Bite makes a big difference.

Nightbringer. :P One of the best passives in the game, probably. :) Especially with Arc Needle, the only long-range physical smite. The RNG has been a little kind maybe. :D

Mindbending Unique Ogre... even the idea sounds a little terrifying. :) Getting rid of his Mind weakness is a good call though. He probably has the HP to survive his Fire weakness somewhat, but HP isn't as helpful with Mind issues. :) And, you did earn that cookie, so, here you go. :)

Yes... Juggernaut is the 'final' piece of the "movement melee" puzzle. It does sort of "conflict" with Evade Step a bit in that you might want to get hit so Juggernaut will speed up your turns, but on the other hand, having both can make for a very, very tanky character. I will agree getting rid of Light weakness on Turdak is a good priority if you plan to use him long term: nasty Light nonsense starts showing up shortly after he does, and he won't last long against that. His Impact weakness can largely be negated with proper boosting of his defensive abilities, and it needs to be or he's going to die to some surprising things, but you've taken care of that pretty well with Juggernaut and Mind Reader.

Mighty Roar is probably another of the current best skills in the game: Stun Breath, basically. :) It also has the weird trait of, since it is physical, being able to pass on things like Infectious, Venomous, Numbing, etc. One of my friends once made a Mighty Roarer with multiple of those passives. It... was a little nuts. :) Second Wind just doubles the fun. :) If you can manage to pick up Dragon Soul and Unconquerable, it could get even better... :D

Uniques are definitely awesome: they're basically Demon's version of unrandarts (with modified demons being the randarts, of course. :D ) Of course in Demon you usually have to earn them, unless you've gotten very lucky and found a Gold offering. :D

You've still got a few floors to go, and matricies become slightly more common drops as you get higher, so hopefully you'll find one or two you can play with. :D Once I get currency in the game (note: not soon, unfortunately! content mode is engaged!) matricies won't be the only way of doing merges, so it will be a bit less reliant on random chance to provide access to the mechanic.

Good luck heading to the end. :) Be careful on 15-17... there are some nasty surprises still lurking, unless the RNG is in a very, very good mood today. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:16 pm

Hmm... I think I could slip a "party dump" option into this content build. :) I do feel kind of bad that wizzzargh has to keep taking screenshots (though I greatly appreciate that he does so!)
Ferret

1st Victory

Postby wizzzargh » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:35 pm

I won, woohoo! Never did end up fixing Miaodchaoin's mind weakness, but apart from a few unsummons after being charmed it wasn't a big issue.

I was really feeling my party's fire vulnerability against some of the later packs, but between disabling key enemies with Charm and my excellent healing capabilities, so long as Ninkasi and I kept Soothing I could outheal the damage, resorting to Mend if someone dropped too low. Being able to clear the gaps with Pounce was a necessity, though.

I fought the Light/Dark AoE hero, but she couldn't really exploit any vulnerabilities and she died quite easily. I considered getting one of her attacks to replace Flame Arrow, but decided I already had plenty of AoE available and Flame Arrow didn't have any limitations on use like Punish or Agony does.

I also found the insane melee-oriented Summoner, but he died without accomplishing much as Turdak held off three of his demons while Pele and I rained fire on him while Miadchaoin went toe-to-toe. A lot of the demons that showed up when his relic exploded were Charmed and pretty weak to boot, and after I linked with his Mananangal the crowd got thinned out pretty quick by repeated Rains of Fire and Charms, though I did have to return Turdak after he was clubbed by an Oni. Oni packs died to Turdak just fine, but I had to be ready to dismiss him at anytime if his dodging failed and he ate a bunch of impact hits.

Maybe I got lucky with encounter types or maybe my party was just really strong (I mean, four uniques with great melee and ranged AoEs AND great status effect skills, supported by excellent healing!), but the last two floors weren't too scary. I certainly had to switch out demons to prevent losing anyone, but after I got Pele I don't think I ever looked at an encounter and thought 'I might die here.' I fought a pack of the big red floating heads that did a number on the Max HP of some of my demons since I had no attacks that they didn't resist and some Djinn and Poison/Lightning Dragons, and some ant-dudes who did pretty great damage with poison shot and probably could have killed someone if Turdak wasn't around to resist everything they did. I kind of wish I had tried a Unicorn link, but I was afraid of dealing with hordes of worse-than-bandits or whatever would show up.

Not much changed in my party from my last post, honestly. I ditched the Mindbender Hob for a Warded Manananananananangal that I taught Fiery Rain and I added Tireless and Vigorous to a few people. For fun, I included a picture of the Holy Lilim that I sacrificed to create Holy Turdak. Her skills don't look amazing, but she managed to reach level 12 doing practically nothing but Weigh Sin and Humble, so I guess Guilt is not to be underestimated. I know that physical hero who slaps on guilt and then lurks behind passive defenses and cleaving the guilty remains unkillable for most of my characters.

By the by, I swear I saw Turdak get to do like 5 turns in a row from Juggernaut when he was ignited and fighting things with damage veils- I don't know if that's just a case of Turdak being a speedy devil and me overestimating the number of moves he got, but it might be worth checking out.

Sandman25 wrote:It sounds so cool despite I don't understand what all those abilities do :)
I wonder if there is a safe way to share game files to take a look at those demons/abilities. Though that can cause problems since games are reported to some online server. Too bad we cannot analyze morgue files like in DCSS, it would greatly help to bad players like me.

Yeah, though Ferret knows what everything means and perhaps more importantly, what it implies, these screenshots don't really capture things like how positioning and timing all come together to make these abilities all work together so well. The main advice I can give for the early game is to try spreading Mob Cover from a goblin around liberally, have two healers if possible (so you can swap one out when it runs out of mana) and liberal amounts of Flesheater and Souleater if not, and after that do your best to pick up skills that freeze, stun, panic, charm, sleep, paralyze, etc- anything that stops incoming damage while letting you keep dealing it. Wisps and Chindi can both make very durable fighters early on, and have decent skills to pass along.
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:20 pm

:D Awesome! Congrats on the win. :)

Yeah Adria is... sigh. I keep trying to fix her, but I need to just admit the design isn't working and redo her entirely, I think. :P I've only seen one report of her being a significant threat to anyone by the time they get to that level. :P Breska generally does a little better, but it sounds like he had a bad day regardless. :)

You definitely had a pretty strong party: successfully capturing and keeping alive a good handful of uniques will generally put you a little ahead of the curve. I've heard some horror stories from the top of Tower. Curious whether or not you ran into any Yeti or Rulers. :D But, Irikyou are definitely among the nastier groups there, effectively adding both range and physical resistances to the already nasty Akateko kit. The poison ant fairies are also bad news... Turdak is a perfect counter to them, however. :) Any undead is a good start thanks to Body immunity, but he's one of the only high level ones who also resists Pierce and is naturally dodgy to boot.

That said: the end game definitely sees far, far less play than the earlier content. It's entirely possible it might be leaning a little easymode at the moment. :)

Guilt on its own isn't too exciting.. it'll bring a nice bit of sustain to the table (turning each hit into a little less than 1/2 of a Souleater proc, effectively), but that's it. The more other sources of sustain/healing/defense support you have however, the better it gets.

Unicorn links involve Hounds. :) ...well, okay. Hounds aren't ALL they involve. :) Lore quiz: Do you remember any monster that tends to appear with packs of animals and is known for hunting? :D

Hmm.. Juggernaut was probably proccing turn speed off of the veils. That's probably okay in general.. but I might be letting Juggernaut push the turn count too far out, especially for speedy guys. I'll make a note to look into it. :)

Congrats again on the win. :D Since I gave you a cookie for capturing Mi-Icanneverspellhisnamewithoutlooking, I have prepared a larger bounty for the victory, but you'll have to deal with the cat first.

Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:24 pm

I did run into Yeti, but they were a joke with 2 Rain of Fire casters and my own 55-magic Flame Arrows. I can see how their instakill against freeze could be terrifying though. No Rulers were encountered, so perhaps I just had a kind monster spawn RNG and a strong party for the endgame.

Lore quiz: Do you remember any monster that tends to appear with packs of animals and is known for hunting? :D

MAN! MAN IS THE REAL MONSTER! :lol:
One of the various Lords of the Wild Hunt is my guess. Don't tell me though, I'll just find out myself when next I see a unicorn.
wizzzargh

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion