Turdak's Sanctum, YASD and ramblings

The tower awaits!

Re: Turdak's Sanctum, YASD and ramblings

Postby wizzzargh » Mon May 01, 2017 1:11 am

I don't know how the color shifts work, but if Pele's 'Brown' bits are actually low-saturation red and the color shifts work by changing red/yellow/blue to different hues, it makes sense that if everything started 'red' that everything would also end up green.

The new experimental build does sound interesting- though the player is safe from fast kills, I imagine demons getting splattered fast might be more common.

Random thought- if you're trying to give skills more impact, mebbe give Static Field a MUCH higher shock chance so it's an effective anti-range deterrent and not just a minor HP tax?
-
In some defense of slash and impact- they DO do more damage when they hit, and impact did tempt me with Skull Shaker or whatever the Panick-Inducing earthquake was. And I think attenuation works on status effect chances... but all in all, yeah, they do seem pretty strong.

Maybe if Slash was Ally-Friendly? Or if Slash got cones and Pierce got long attenuated Beams? That would be sort of in keeping with their 'smaller' shapes- slash goes single-target to cleave3targets to a Cone, pierce could go single-target to Beam to Attenuated Line.
wizzzargh

Postby wizzzargh » Tue May 02, 2017 8:13 am

The cycle continues.

This character accidentally skipped Anomaly 2 and 3, and had a real hard time in the midgame because all I had were defensive things like Malleable and Last Defense (from an early Solid Slime) supporting Siphon Life, so anything that was body-resistant was troublesome- even ghouls. It also seemed like I was low on stones this run.

Tower:14ish was very dangerous- Aitvaras and Mummies and Archangel/Angel packs chased me all around, and I lost MaxHp trying to negotiate with them and my demons lost maxHP and then the smiting started picking off my demons and I had to even use Restore just to Consume to survive. My team was quite damaged, but once I put on Whirling Chupucabra armor I was able to outrun the smite packs better and build up a new team(though I revived the Chupucabra, it felt kinda weak all game. Fortunately the Whirling Bigfoot I later made was outrageously strong, so it was worth it) I also picked up Wraith Touch, and simply having access to body and dark helped a lot. I picked up an Angel, a Zagh, and a Shisha to help recover from my beatdown, and the modified Shisha turned out to be a valuable part of my team. The Eternal Glory came later, and it triggered and was actually recovered over the course of the game. The late game uniques helped my team a lot, and interestingly, Kama-Pua and Reprobus were found with Jayle, who herself was found with Enemy Sense.

As the game advanced I got Arc Touch and ditched Siphon Life- few things resist Dark and Electricity. Ikiryo gave me Vigor Drain, and Chain Lightning replaced Arc Touch from Antoria. Once I had access to multi-target attacks the game became much easier- mostly just an exercising in nuking everything on screen at 140% speed. But the midgame was much more dire than usual, and I think it had more to do with my own build than it did with skipping Anomaly, but skipping anomaly by accident was surely part of it.
Found a firestarter ghost and obliterated it, but there was no Jotunn so I don't think it was the really tough one. My own Mirror Chime managed to take down my healer Nero so I made the Corrupt Leib for laughs at the end.

I seem to do well with Hand of the Dead, but they leave rather disappointing demon-gobbling wraiths so I feel bad for playing them too much. I like pillaging relic wraiths for rare fusions- it's how I got Fearsome onto Tlaloc and the Chthonic Kuchisake
Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 3/31/2017, Scoring Model: 3/31/2017
Dump file created at: 05/02/2017 01:40:21

Summoner Fat Wizz...
was chosen by the Hand of the Dead,
selected Body and Healing as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 145309 (presently on cycle 2),
is currently at Tower:23,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Fat Wizz
Level: 32
MaxHP: 122
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 4
Magic   : 130
Vitality: 35
Agility : 25
Cunning : 11

Resist: Electricity Body
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Vigor Drain (Type: Dark, 30 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
2) Chain Lightning (Type: Electricity, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
3) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
4) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
6) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing, SP restoration, and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt or restore SP based on SP drained.)
7) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
8) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Relic Upgrades:
Consume (Delete Demon now restores your HP and SP based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = stronger effect).)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)

Inventory:
2 Wind card
9 Peace offering
2 Guardian gem
3 Calm card
13 Pure stone
4 Bolt glyph
1 Flame glyph
3 Magic map
5 Chakra stone
4 Heal gem
1 Might gem
4 Frost glyph
1 Heart glyph
1 Pain glyph
11 Heal stone
1 Bronze offering
1 Gold offering

Current Credits: 8400

Codex Daemonium Completion
Personal Codex : 74 / 135 (54% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        4          0          2          6*         0         
Impact       3          0          2          6*         0         
Pierce       1          0          1          7*         0         
Fire         0          0          0          3*         5         
Ice          1          1          3          3          1*         
Electricity  2*         1          1*         4          2         
Body         1          2          2*         4          0         
Mind         1          0          2          5          1*         
Light        1          1          0          5*         2         
Dark         2*         1          1          6*         0         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Sainted Shisa
Level: 28
MaxHP: 117
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 43
Magic   : 52
Vitality: 34
Agility : 24
Cunning : 37

Immune: Light
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Holy Word (Type: Light, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Focusing Cry (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Cursebreak Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down from you or a nearby ally.)
5) Exorcist's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks deal 20% more damage to targets weak to Light.)
6) Sanction (Type: Light, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was a magical ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (6))
7) Light Arrow (Type: Light, 25 SP. 85 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
8) Eternal Glory (Type: Healing, Passive. Fully restores HP when HP reaches 0. Cannot be discarded when on cooldown. Cooldown: Soul (90))

Name : Ninkasi
Level: 31
MaxHP: 113

Strength: 24
Magic   : 40
Vitality: 39
Agility : 51
Cunning : 51

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
3) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
4) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (12))

Name : Whirling Bigfoot
Level: 40
MaxHP: 151

Strength: 95
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 48
Agility : 59
Cunning : 40

Resist: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Log Toss (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (6))
2) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
5) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
6) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
7) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
8) Sentinel's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves defense and evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (12))

Name : Fearsome Tlaloc
MaxHP: 139

Strength: 19
Magic   : 104
Vitality: 40
Cunning : 22

Immune: Ice Electricity Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
4) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
5) Vengeful (Type: None, Passive. Responds to damage dealt to you by enemies by restoring 3 SP.)
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Furious Rage (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your health is at 50% or less of maximum and your last action was a damaging ability.)
8) Ball Lightning (Type: Electricity, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)

Name : Chthonic Kuchisake
Level: 29
MaxHP: 132

Strength: 43
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 62
Agility : 34
Cunning : 41

Immune: Body
Resist: Slash Impact
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
2) Throat Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
3) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
4) Mighty Roar (Type: Impact, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Breath (6))
5) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
6) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
7) Dragon Soul (Type: None, Passive. Your abilities that use your current SP to determine their effect use your maximum SP instead.)
8) Icebreaker (Type: Ice, Passive. Your attacks that damage Chilled targets also deal a 70 Power Ice attack if the additional damage would be fatal to the target.)

Name : Hood Ornamen (Destined Brucha)
MaxHP: 121

Strength: 51
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 33
Agility : 85
Cunning : 25

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Bolt Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Bolt Spray (Type: Impact, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack.)
3) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
4) Vitalize (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Briefly bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
5) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (12))
6) Sentinel's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves defense and evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (12))
7) Grace (Type: Buff, 30 SP. Briefly improves accuracy and evasion by 25%.)
8) ------------

Name : MirrorBorn (Corrupt Leib-olmai)
MaxHP: 114

Strength: 55
Magic   : 49
Vitality: 37
Cunning : 30

Resist: Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Rend Asunder (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Life Pulse (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Only affects allies. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (12))
4) Calming Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
6) Wild Dance (Type: Body, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. Reduces targets' SP by 25%. This is considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
7) Consume Life (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cooldown: Breath (5))
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Ninkasi shouts a hunter's call.
 Ninkasi looks more powerful!
 Bigfoot looks more powerful!
 You feel more powerful!
 Ninkasi looks more accurate!
 Bigfoot looks more accurate!
 You feel more accurate!
 Bigfoot hits the shisa.
 Bigfoot looks refreshed.
 Using Summon...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute,
 Escape to cancel.
 You summon your shisa!
 Ninkasi gestures at Bigfoot.
 Bigfoot looks healthier.
 The shisa bites your shisa.
 Bigfoot slashes the shisa.
 Bigfoot looks refreshed.
 Bigfoot hits the shisa.
 Bigfoot looks refreshed.
 Ninkasi gestures at herself.
 Ninkasi looks healthier.
 Your shisa shouts a battle cry.
 Your shisa looks more accurate!
 Bigfoot will be more accurate longer!
 You feel like you will be more accurate
 longer!
 Ninkasi will be more accurate longer!
 The shisa leaps at you.
 The shisa rends you.
 You are stunned!
 Bigfoot slashes the shisa.
 Bigfoot looks refreshed.
 Ninkasi hits the shisa.
 Ninkasi kills the shisa!!
 You are no longer stunned.
 Using Restore Demon...
 Nevermind then.
 You swap places with Bigfoot.
 Ninkasi gestures at Bigfoot.
 Bigfoot looks healthier.
 You swap places with your shisa.
 Ninkasi gestures at you. You feel better.
 There is a shimmering portal to Victory
 here. Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change
 levels.
 Really win the game and start a new cycle?
 (Y or N)
 You win!

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Tuofei
Level: 24
MaxHP: 88

Strength: 20
Vitality: 27
Agility : 51
Cunning : 20

Immune: Ice
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
2) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 10%.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
6) Frost Arrow (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
7) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
8) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)

Name : Savior Yuki-onna
Level: 27
MaxHP: 124

Magic   : 63
Vitality: 42
Cunning : 32

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 65% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
7) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
8) ------------

Name : Chthonic Ehlose
Level: 23
MaxHP: 100

Strength: 44
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 72
Agility : 17
Cunning : 22

Resist: Slash Impact Ice Electricity Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Warning Cry (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
3) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
6) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
7) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
8) Autoantipathy (Type: Mind, 5 SP. Must be used on a Panicked target. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Name : Death worm
Level: 30
MaxHP: 110

Strength: 40
Agility : 28
Cunning : 40

Immune: Electricity Body
Resist: Fire Mind
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Chain Lightning (Type: Electricity, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
2) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Exterminate (Type: Body, 15 SP. Only affects characters that are Infected, Poisoned, or Paralyzed. 130 Power attack, but misses if the damage would not be fatal.)
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Leib-olmai
MaxHP: 108

Strength: 68
Magic   : 37
Vitality: 45
Agility : 30
Cunning : 15

Abilities Known:
1) Rend Asunder (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Life Pulse (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Only affects allies. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (12))
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Unfrozen (Frigid Nero)
Level: 22

Magic   : 55
Vitality: 43
Agility : 27

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
8) Eternal Glory (Type: Healing, Passive. Fully restores HP when HP reaches 0. Cannot be discarded when on cooldown. Cooldown: Soul (90))

Name : Ikiryo
MaxHP: 90

Magic   : 62
Vitality: 48
Agility : 23
Cunning : 13

Immune: Ice Body
Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Fire
Weak  : Electricity Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Rage (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (2))
2) Life Drain (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
3) Vigor Drain (Type: Dark, 30 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
4) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing, SP restoration, and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt or restore SP based on SP drained.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Tue May 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Yeah, I guess the shades of red/brown just look more distinct than the shades of green end up looking. :)

Demons will definitely be at risk of splatting fast. Hopefully this will be limited to cases where you've allowed them to stay out against strong foes capable of hitting their weaknesses... but, it's one of the reasons this is an experiment. :D

I'm a little less concerned with reactive abilities having an impact, to be honest: these are by definition freebies other than taking up an ability slot. We'll see, but I have to be careful with them since they stack. :)

Yes: Attenuation does apply to status effect odds.

Slash being ally-friendly would be a decent fit mechanically, at least, since it's home to the physical attacks that provide healing/buff support effects as add-ons. But it's still a little hard thematically to imagine it outside of Slash Dance, which is already ally-friendly.

Re: Further cycles.

Oof. :D Restoring to Consume. I hadn't thought of that... but it, and the issue with how mean the AI is about mulching its own demons and denying them as war prizes... are both good reasons for Consume to eventually changed. I had hoped to focus more on content for awhile after this experiment, but maybe I need to do that upgrade pass sooner rather than later. So much to do, and I can only do one at a time. :(

LOL at poor Brucha being called a Destined Hood Ornament. :P

Thanks for the feedback and reports, as always, and congrats on another win :D
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Wed May 03, 2017 3:20 am

Even an Archangel gotten via Bronze Offering in Rush's Sanctum can't save you from dying to ranged attacks when you're too greedy to use even ONE heal stone... :roll:

Not too much to say about the end to these cycles, Just a max magic mind scream character who doubled as support with mass guilt heals and draw wounds. I was planning on trying to use Share Pain this run and try out the higher tier howls, but alas. Glacial shell is a nice defensive skill on squishy characters though- even ones that don't use Ice skills.

Siphon Energy is kinda disappointing since it scales off of current SP rather than full SP- but it costs 0 SP so I suppose it's always better than just mashing Rest. But I did get enough use out of it that I didn't delete it, so. The SP-draining skills that do cost SP seem like sketchy prospects on paper though. Madevra seemed immune to Siphon Energy once she reached about 50SP, which was disappointing. I'm assuming this was just due to her heroic resistance preventing the already-small drain from rounding up and not a bug.
Demon Party Dump File
Version 3/31/2017, Scoring Model: 3/31/2017
Dump file created at: 05/02/2017 21:01:39

Summoner Top Wiz Howl...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Mind and Dark as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 158384 (presently on cycle 3),
is currently at Anzu's Sanctum,
and is quite dead!

Name : Top Wiz Howl
Level: 15
MaxHP: 80

Magic   : 99
Vitality: 4
Agility : 14
Cunning : 19

Immune: Mind
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
2) Mind Scream (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 40 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
3) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Energy Siphon (Type: Body, 0 SP. Drains the target's SP by 10%, restoring your own SP by 66% of the amount drained. Cannot miss.)
5) Restore (Type: Healing, 20 SP. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Restore (5))
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))
8) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Relic Upgrades:
Translator (Reduces the cost of using Copy Ability on yourself by 50%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)

Inventory:
3 Heal gem
3 Night rune
5 Pure stone
7 Chakra stone
1 Calm card
2 Frost glyph
1 Might gem
1 Trouble chime
4 Chakra gem
2 Magic map
1 Mirror chime
6 Heal stone
1 Zephyr card
1 Orange essence

Current Credits: 34647

Personal Codex : 83 / 135 (61% complete)

Slash        3          0          1          5          1*         
Impact       3          0          1          4          2*         
Pierce       1          0          1          5          1*         
Fire         1          0          3          2*         2         
Ice          1*         0          2          5*         0         
Electricity  0          0          1          6*         0         
Body         2*         1          2          2*         2         
Mind         2*         2*         0          4          1         
Light        2          1          0          2*         4         
Dark         1          1          0          3*         3         

Name : Ghoul
Level: 16
MaxHP: 79

Strength: 34
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 26
Agility : 31
Cunning : 29

Resist: Body
Weak  : Fire Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Numbing Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
4) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
5) Wild Frenzy (Type: Impact, 20 SP. One, two, or three (equal odds) 33 Power attacks per target.)
6) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
7) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
8) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 70% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (4))

Name : Bronze Mask (Chthonic Archangel)
Level: 23
MaxHP: 101

Strength: 39
Magic   : 21
Vitality: 52
Agility : 32
Cunning : 21

Resist: Slash Impact Fire Body
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Soothing Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Also grants a 105 Power heal to you or a nearby ally whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum.)
2) Grand Cleave (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 85 Power attack.)
3) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))
4) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
5) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
7) Brain Shaker (Type: Impact, 35 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
8) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)

Name : Solid Nero
Level: 13
MaxHP: 89

Strength: 15
Magic   : 26
Vitality: 43
Agility : 20

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))

Name : Scotty (Blessed Gremlin)
Level: 12
MaxHP: 59

Strength: 18
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 17
Cunning : 31

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Focusbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
2) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 65% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
3) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
4) Might (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
5) Alert (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
6) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
7) Spoil Touch (Type: Dark, 20 SP. 55 Power attack, followed by a 110 Power attack dealt as MaxHP damage that cannot reduce MaxHP below the target's current HP.)
8) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)

Name : Fiery Chaos
Level: 14
MaxHP: 78

Strength: 14
Magic   : 42
Vitality: 28
Agility : 18
Cunning : 18

Immune: Mind
Resist: Fire
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Life Siphon (Type: Body, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
5) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 13% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Turdak
MaxHP: 66

Strength: 28
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 22
Agility : 33
Cunning : 27

Immune: Body Dark
Resist: Pierce Ice
Weak  : Impact Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
3) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------

The shikigami seems pleased.
 The shikigami joins your party!!
 Turdak looks healthier.
 The aitvaras siphons the soul of the ala.
 It isn't very effective.
 You have too many allies and must delete
 one.
 Really delete Shikigami? (Y or N)
 You delete your shikigami!
 You recycle your shikigami!
 Your relic absorbs 54 C.
 Using Restore...
 Restore can only be aimed at yourself. Press
 Enter to execute, Escape to cancel.
 You heal yourself. You feel better.
 The chachapuma charges you.
 The chachapuma hits you.
 It's super effective!
 The aitvaras smites you.
 Bronze Mask slashes the chachapuma.
 Bronze Mask looks refreshed.
 Your chaos gestures at you.
 Your chaos drains itself. You feel better.
 Your chaos drains the aitvaras.
 Your chaos looks healthier. (x2)
 The bmola pecks your chaos.
 Your chaos sears the bmola.
 Turdak claws the chachapuma.
 The chachapuma is paralyzed and cannot move!
 The aitvaras smites you.
 The aitvaras looks healthier.
 Bronze Mask slashes the chachapuma.
 Your chaos looks healthier.
 Bronze Mask looks refreshed.
 Your chaos gestures at you.
 Your chaos drains itself. You feel better.
 Your chaos drains the aitvaras.
 Your chaos looks healthier. (x2)
 The bmola freezes your chaos.
 The bmola freezes you.
 The bmola freezes Bronze Mask.
 Your chaos starts shivering! You feel cold!
 Bronze Mask will be shivering longer!
 You stumble.
 Your chaos sears the bmola.
 Turdak claws the chachapuma.
 Bronze Mask is no longer regenerating.
 The chachapuma is paralyzed and cannot move!
 The aitvaras smites you.
 You die...

Name : Lilim
Level: 11
MaxHP: 57

Strength: 10
Magic   : 25
Vitality: 17
Cunning : 28

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Blue Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 65% chance to cause Sleep, preventing the target from acting for several turns or until damaged. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Leech Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
3) Dreamstalker (Type: Mind, Passive. Your attacks deal 50% more damage to and do not wake up Sleeping targets that have full HP.)
4) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ogre
Level: 11
MaxHP: 70

Strength: 34
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 32
Agility : 15
Cunning : 12

Weak  : Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 15% of their maximum HP.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Gandayah
Level: 12
MaxHP: 69

Strength: 22
Magic   : 27
Vitality: 31
Agility : 15

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ukobach
Level: 6
MaxHP: 43

Strength: 9
Magic   : 21
Vitality: 8
Agility : 21
Cunning : 21

Abilities Known:
1) Searing Touch (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Akateko
MaxHP: 54

Strength: 13
Magic   : 33
Vitality: 23

Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
2) Wraith Touch (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Shikigami
Level: 17
MaxHP: 67

Strength: 10
Magic   : 38
Vitality: 16
Cunning : 38

Resist: Impact Ice Dark
Weak  : Slash Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Spite (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Cull (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
4) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Wed May 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Hmm.. I may need to make some adjustments to heroes/SP drains.. I didn't mean to accidentally make it not work on them anymore. :( Not technically a bug... more of a design oversight. :(
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:59 pm

A win, a win! And its an actual win because, i dunno, I didn't feel like my party would have been that great of a ghost without Baphomet and Tlaloc. My ghost chimes didn't work on tower:23 either because ghosts got reset or because I was too high level(?) so I totally should have ctrl+Q'd myself to leave a famous high level ghost behind. I was surprised I got to such a high level without enemy lure.

Was a Hand of the Dead that turned into pretty much a nuky orb-of-power-ish build. I found a Fiery something or other in the early floors with Combust and Ember Burst, so I turned that into a warmth build. Warmth is powerful, yessiree, but I also had the advantage of finding the early Shoggoth and Raiju, which made for a pretty easy game.

Glacial Shell is a nice ability because its so reliable- I had it and Oppressor, but eventually felt that I was safe enough with just one. I feel like the default blocks and wards could use a buff honestly- I don't see many people using Block Pierce or Flame Ward.
I had Bask instead of ritualist for a long time, eventually swapped it out due to having less fire going on and because bask doesn't always auto-target ignited enemies, making it slightly annoying to use. Is there any reason to require it to target an enemy instead of just having 'if there's an ignited foe in range you can activate it?'

Auraward is also handy- elemental enemies usually aren't the worst foes, but Auraward shuts em down hard.

Had Lucky Aid for a while until Baphomet wanted me to lose it, picked up Inquisition from Adria (slain in a Heroic link with a Jinn) but with all the healing on my team I didn't really need it, so when I found Empower on a corpse I just decided to go with it.

I had Recycle and SEPI this game, I don't remember why I went for SEPI instead of Capacity Up or Enemy Lure. So, I was way too rich for my own good, and went for Soul Armor in a desperate attempt to spend some of it. Turns out the Polong armor probably saved my life against a double encounter of Basilisk and Abatwe- I was immune to Body damage and needles bounced off Glacial Shell, so while all my demons were sucking Poison++ and needle hits I was largely ignored and was able to walk away with Quick Dismiss, losing only my Raiju.

Here's my party. I revived the Raiju 4 times- maxHP damage can really sneak up on you, plus Raiju are awfully weak anyway. Shoulda taught it diehard after the first time, but I was too greedy about all them fire passives. It knew Might for most the game, upgraded to haste at the very end.

Another memorable fight was with Sainted Yeti and Tuofei- lots of icebreaker hits took down my Raiju and several other demons who didn't get a revive.

Another Raiju death was against Valindra- maxHP damage crept up and suddenly it went from 'full' health to dead. Demons looking fine but really having 10maxHP is a bit of an interface annoyance... but then again, all I had to do was hover over the Raiju (I knew I was fighting MaxHP drainers after all) and I don't think this is an issue with anything besides my own laziness. But if their health bar showed as 'full' but yellow or red if their maxHP was in peril, it could save lazy players such as myself, like, 2 seconds.

I had a Profane Asrai for a while, but eventually ate her. Had a Fotia that fulfilled ignite-duty to enable warmth for a while, but the Raiju's high speed made it superior for ignition.

Artemis died early, and I held on to a Maj. Ogre until it was level 17, but the Shoggoth had really obsoleted the ogre. Which was a shame because I thought the Maj. Ogre was pretty cool, it just couldn't compete with the high level Shoggoth.

The new sprites look nice, though I did appreciate how HUGE old Shisha heads were.

Hmm, what else. I found lots of offerings this game, but only ended up using one, to get a Stormsworn Yeti that had Overload and Bolt Chain. I think that guy died to Bonnachon. Maybe gave a bronze offering to Baphomet, was disappointed it only gave +1 approval. Offerings can be pretty great combat items, after all.

Since I was so rich, I paid a blood price for once to get the Virtue in Phoenix's sanctum. Then, because becoming Heroic is super fun, I slapped Destined on a few critters because I had loadsa-mone and loadsa-Leib-Olmai.

Some weirdness with AI- the scarabs here couldn't decide whether to advance towards me or go the long-way round, through the hallway on the left, and wiggled back and forth in and out of my LoS for a few turns. I think some other players have mentioned the curious tendency of demons with no attacks that hang back (like Scarabas and healers) to sometimes pick those weird routes- could it be something along the lines of circle LoS making diagonal paths 'closer' than orthogonal pathing and not realizing there's stuff in the way? I know when you pick the 'go to point of interest' option the game doesn't care about walls.
Demon Party Dump File
Version 5/26/2017, Scoring Model: 5/26/2017
Dump file created at: 06/02/2017 14:25:32

Summoner Wiz Shade...
was chosen by the Hand of the Dead,
selected Dark and Healing as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 65629,
is currently at Tower:23,
and is still alive!

Name : Wiz Shade
MaxHP: 145

Magic   : 125
Vitality: 52
Cunning : 4

Resist: Mind Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Consume Vigor (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power), split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cooldown: Breath (3))
2) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
3) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
4) Flame Orb (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
5) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
6) Auraward (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Fire, Electricity, or Ice ability, you gain Resist against all three of these types.)
7) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (2))
8) Empower (Type: Buff, 25 SP. Improves offense and defense by 25%.)

Relic Upgrades:
Consume (Delete Demon now restores your HP and SP based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = stronger effect).)
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)

Inventory:
1 Meteor rune
5 Flame glyph
1 Blizzard rune
4 Bolt glyph
4 Zephyr card
1 Might gem
17 Pure stone
4 Calm card
3 Wind card
2 Pure gem
1 Curse rune
2 Silver offering
25 Heal stone
1 Magic map
1 Green essence
12 Chakra stone
2 Venom rune
1 Guardian gem
3 Chakra gem
1 Heart glyph
5 Heal gem
4 Pain glyph
2 Bronze offering
1 Gold offering

Current Credits: 43310

Personal Codex : 61 / 135 (45% complete)

Slash        0          0          1          4*         2         
Impact       1          0          1          4*         2         
Pierce       0          0          0          5*         2         
Fire         3*         0          3          1*         3         
Ice          3*         2          1          3*         1         
Electricity  0          2          1          3          1*         
Body         0          1*         0          6          0         
Mind         1          1          2*         2          2         
Light        1          2          1          3          1*         
Dark         2*         2          2*         3          0         

Name : Shag Carpet (Chthonic Shoggoth)
MaxHP: 142

Strength: 52
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 75

Resist: Slash Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
6) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
7) Resolute (Type: Healing, Reactive. Reduces the remaining duration of each of your negative status effects by 20% of the current duration when damaged by attacks (excluding reactions). No effect on Stun or Shock.)
8) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))

Name : Destined Baphomet
MaxHP: 131

Strength: 16
Magic   : 72
Cunning : 56

Immune: Dark
Resist: Fire Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
2) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
3) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
4) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
5) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
6) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
8) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Name : Sainted Tlaloc
MaxHP: 123

Strength: 23
Magic   : 80
Cunning : 39

Immune: Ice Electricity Light Dark

Abilities Known:
2) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
4) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
5) Vengeful (Type: None, Passive. Responds to damage dealt to you by enemies by restoring 3 SP.)
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
7) Light Arrow (Type: Light, 25 SP. 85 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
8) Cleric's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to apply Mute to targets whose last action was magical ability, preventing the use of non-physical abilities.)

Name : Mindbender Virtue
Level: 36

Strength: 14
Magic   : 101
Vitality: 14
Agility : 22
Cunning : 79

Immune: Mind Light
Resist: Fire Electricity Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Repair Flesh (Type: Healing, 30 SP. 130 Power heal.)
2) Vitae (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies. Removes all negative status changes, then applies a 150 Power heal. Cooldown: Miracle (1))
3) Channeler (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of abilities with the Miracle cooldown to 0, and reduces Miracle cooldowns by 50%.)
4) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)

Name : Destined Yuki-onna
MaxHP: 120

Strength: 31
Magic   : 59
Cunning : 43

Abilities Known:
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
7) Haste (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Improves speed by 33%.)
8) ------------

Name : FourDeath (Destined Raiju)
Level: 28
MaxHP: 95

Magic   : 54
Agility : 54
Cunning : 38

Immune: Electricity
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Ember Heart (Type: Fire, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Fire abilities by 5 if you used an Fire ability last turn.)
2) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
6) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
7) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Haste (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Improves speed by 33%.)

Escape to cancel.
 You gesture at your charun.
 Your charun looks more powerful!
 Your charun looks protected!
 Using heal stone...
 Escape to cancel.
 You use the heal stone.
 Your charun looks healthier.
 Using Empower...
 Escape to cancel.
 You gesture at yourself.
 You feel like you will be more powerful
 longer!
 You feel like you will be protected longer!
 Your charun is no longer chilled.
 Tlaloc is no longer regenerating.
 FourDeath is no longer regenerating.
 You are no longer in agony.
 Your virtue is no longer in agony.
 FourDeath is no longer in agony.
 FourDeath's speed returns to normal.
 Your virtue's speed returns to normal.
 Your speed returns to normal.
 Your charun's power returns to normal.
 Your charun's defense returns to normal.
 Your power returns to normal.
 Your defense returns to normal.
 Using ghost chime...
 Ghost Chime can only be aimed at yourself.
 Press Enter to execute, Escape to cancel.
 You use the ghost chime.
 You feel a chill...
 ...but it passes after a moment.
 Using ghost chime...
 Ghost Chime can only be aimed at yourself.
 Press Enter to execute, Escape to cancel.
 You use the ghost chime.
 You feel a chill...
 ...but it passes after a moment.
 There is a shimmering portal to Victory
 here. Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change
 levels.
 Really win the game and start a new cycle?
 (Y or N)
 You win!

MaxHP: 107

Strength: 68
Magic   : 37
Vitality: 45
Agility : 30

Abilities Known:
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Unicorn
Level: 26
MaxHP: 105

Strength: 32
Magic   : 51
Vitality: 36
Cunning : 29

Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Rakshasa
MaxHP: 114

Strength: 80
Magic   : 24
Cunning : 28

Resist: Fire Dark

Abilities Known:
2) Lethal Claw (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack.)
3) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Basilisk
MaxHP: 87

Vitality: 16
Agility : 64
Cunning : 52

Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Lethal Gaze (Type: Mind, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Presence (3))
2) Toxic Touch (Type: Body, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Vile Alchemy (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Poison to an already Poisoned target, you always increase the Poison stack level if it is not already at the maximum.)
4) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Gelidus Leib-olmai
MaxHP: 118

Strength: 55
Vitality: 44
Cunning : 12

Resist: Body Mind

Abilities Known:
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
7) Frost Blast (Type: Ice, 25 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
8) ------------

MaxHP: 112

Strength: 72
Magic   : 40
Vitality: 47

Abilities Known:
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:59 pm

Congrats on the win. :D And yeah, 5/26 doesn't have any particularly high (floor or level) ghosts at the moment, with the savescummed ones wiped out.

Level 31 is actually exactly where you're supposed to be at the end without Enemy Lure. :D Not all of this chart will make sense without a lot of probably boring explanations, but the Floor vs. Level part is easy enough to pick out.

Encounter Points       Level     Notes
T:1        10 (easy floor)        1
T:2        15 (sorta easy floor)  1
  T:1.5    25                     2         No debt. Pairs with Ar.
T:3        25                     2
  Ar       25                     3         No debt. Pairs with T:1.5
  VS       25                     3         Debt: 0+1=1. Pairs with CS.
  RS       25                     3         No debt. Pairs with VS.
T:4        25                     4         Debt: 1-1=0.
  CS       25                     5         No debt. Pairs with VS.
T:5        25                     5         
  An:1     25                     6         Debt: 0+1=1.
    PyS    25                     7         Debt: 1+1=2, 0+1=1. Pairs with GS.
  An:2     25                     8         Debt: 2+1=3, 1-1=0.
    GS     25                     9         No debt. Pairs with PyS.
  An:3     25                     9         Debt: 3+1=4.
T:6        25                     7         Debt: 4-1=3.
T:7        25                     9         Debt: 3-1=2.
T:8        25                     11        Debt: 2-1=1.
  TuS      25                     13        Debt: 1+0=1. Pairs with AS.
T:9        25                     13        Debt paid at TuS.
  AS       25                     15        Debt. 1-1=0. No inherent debt. Pairs with TuS.
T:10       25                     15     
T:11       25                     16
T:12       25                     17
T:13       25                     18
  NS       25                     19        Debt: 0+1=1. Pairs with BS.
T:14       25                     20        Debt: 1-1=0.
  BS       25                     21        No debt. Pairs with NS.
T:15       25                     21
T:16       25                     22
  TlS      25                     23        Debt: 0+1=1. Pairs with PhS.
T:17       25                     24        Debt: 1-1=0.
  PhS      25                     25        No debt. Pairs with TlS.
T:18       25                     25
T:19       25                     26
T:20       25                     27
  OS       25                     28        Debt: 0+1=1. Pairs with BYS.
T:21       25                     29        Debt: 1-1=0.
  BYS      25                     30        No debt. Pairs with OS.
T:22       25                     30
T:23       25                     31

Glacial Shell was/is kind of my test-case for starting to move more in that direction for defensive abilities: I agree with you that things like Flame Ward / Block Pierce aren't all that interesting. While they were appropriate lore wise for the demons they were made for, that isn't necessarily enough Auraward is actually another example of a "good" defense skill, or so I think anyway.

It is odd that Bask doesn't always auto-target an Ignited enemy: I'll look into that. Unfortunately, Demon's ability system doesn't (yet) support the sort of check you mentioned. I've slowly been expanding its capabilities, but conditions outside of those for the ability's targets aren't supported just yet.

I'll make a note to poke at a UI solution to the MaxHP + life meter display issues. It probably won't make it into my current UI crusade (the surest way to drive myself insane is to add more UI work to a pile I already promised myself was all I had to do for awhile :D ), but it'll be noted down for later. :D

The scarab thing could be one or both of two factors: 1) The ancient and hated circle-around pathing issues (which I'm taking another swing at during this "eating your veggies" phase of development), and/or 2) The more recent changes I made to make healers less willing to advance on enemies. Your guess on the pathing isn't too far off the mark: I think part of the problem with circle-around is that the restriction I place on that sort of thing is "how much worse than my starting point is this position on the path" and forbid paths where any position exceeds N... but I had set N fairly high without properly considering how that would interact with diagonals. So I've adjusted it considerably downward and will be testing that out once I'm in the testing phase for this next build.

Congrats again on the win, and thanks as always for the detailed report. :D
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:44 am

Finished a Shisha link against a pack of sleeping corpse enemies, tried to dreamstalker an Oni to death, it survived barely- and all its buddies woke up on the same turn, and I died before ever getting a turn again because a Chachapuma used Bullrush which let an Eloko close to melee to Charm me and then I just got beaten to death by the Oni, Chachapuma, Eloko, and even an Acheri using choke and an Easg Saint... all because I was too lazy to use a free action to quicksummon a healer after the Shisha link wore off. Yikes. A very stupid death, but I'm kinda glad I died here instead of quitting on tower:23 because I think my ghost is neat and hopefully more people will see it this way.

Another run with a cool Major Ogre who got instantly invalidated by a Shoggoth, alas (I fed Python to recruit the shoggoth probably lss than 10 turns after I got the big snek...). But I made things more exciting than usual- Shoggoth and I were the frontliners, with a Nero Healer (Upgraded toa Gluttonous Nero from a ghost called Joe) and a Dancing Pyre Rite Akateko. Sometimes the Akateko would be too far off to benefit from Pyre rite itself and it would run out of SP, but when it was close up, the constant Pyre Rites were pretty awesome. Pyre Rite came from a Fiery Freybug some ghost had, I think.

But! I finally got a Sleep build working. Dreamstalker+Innocence+100power attack + an additional normal powered attack on the wakeup hit could 2-hit appropriately levelled enemies, 1-hit lower levelled enemies, and leave tough enemies nearly dead. Knockout Blow was pretty useful as a disabling effect too- 50% application rate of sleep made it pretty useful. Shoggoth having Blue Whisper as well was helpful for getting multiple Dreamstalks in, and our Dazzling Veils let me use the inaccurate Eat Alive fairly frequently even in 'regular' combat. Charisma might have been overkill with the low cooldown of Blue Whisper. Almost died to Mordecai again (got hexed through Dark resist) but managed to escape from his initial hard push, finish off the bandits, and kill him. I replaced Might with Battlecry by instinct, forgetting that the Cry's use Presence cooldowns, but with Charisma, it was pretty okay, honestly.

I also had a Violent Ghoul that was a Numbing Infectious Bloodthirsty needle sprayer. It was really powerful but after I got the dreamstalker build online I favored the shoggoth, because sleep/innocence and Needle Spray don't play well together. Had to revive it and the akateko once each, but was having a good Recycle run so credits were easy to come by.

Also, I found Lifebender Eloko/Scarab on tower:12, which wasn't something I expected- that's where Mending Pulse came from. I could have gotten healing Rain but, without Ritualist, I just didn't think it would be worth it. Plus, the area of effect would be awkward with how up close and personal the shoggoth and I were always getting... I swear I usually just see Healing Rain used after battles when everyone is huddling around in the rest animations rather than in-battle ever.

I also found a Glitch(the monster, that is) and co on Anomaly 3, which I don't think I had seen before.

I had originally planned to go more for Stunning than Sleeping this run, planning on getting Transpose Soul and using Angel's Mien for lots of stuns to enable Eat Alive, but sleeping was definitely better. A very 'fresh' feeling game, even though I died halfway through. Reminded me that builds besides 'AoE nukers' or 'Movement-Melee Uniques' can be fun and even viable too!

Demon Party Dump File
Version 5/26/2017, Scoring Model: 5/26/2017
Dump file created at: 06/07/2017 00:58:52

Summoner Unadapted...
was chosen by the Crown of Glory,
selected Mind and Electricity as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 88809 (presently on cycle 2),
is currently at Tower:13,
and is quite dead!

Name : Unadapted
Level: 19
MaxHP: 98

Strength: 90
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 20

Abilities Known:
1) Battle Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
2) Knockout (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged.)
3) Blue Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to cause Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
6) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
7) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
8) Dreamstalker (Type: Mind, Passive. Your attacks deal 50% more damage to and do not wake up Sleeping targets that have full HP.)

Relic Upgrades:
Quick Summon (Your first Summon each turn is a free action (can use Summon as a normal action afterwards.))
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)

Inventory:
3 Heart glyph
7 Heal gem
2 Flame glyph
2 Wind card
2 Blizzard rune
2 Calm card
2 Pain glyph
1 Bronze offering
1 Ghost chime
11 Heal stone
1 Night rune
2 Zephyr card
4 Pure stone
1 Tempest rune
1 Meteor rune
1 Chakra stone
2 Pure gem
1 Mirror chime
1 Venom rune

Current Credits: 35361

Personal Codex : 70 / 135 (51% complete)

Slash        1          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       3*         0          1          6*         0         
Pierce       4*         0          0          7*         0         
Fire         1          0          1          3*         3         
Ice          0          0          3          3*         1         
Electricity  0          0          1          5*         1         
Body         1          2          3          2*         0         
Mind         4*         1          2          3*         1         
Light        0          0          0          2          5*         
Dark         1          0          3*         4          0         

Name : Psychic Shoggoth
MaxHP: 104

Strength: 39
Magic   : 19
Vitality: 38
Cunning : 52

Resist: Impact Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
3) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
4) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))
6) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
7) Blue Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to cause Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) Mending Aura (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects wounded allies who are not Mended. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)

Name : Twiceborn (Deadly Ghoul)
Level: 18
MaxHP: 90

Strength: 45
Magic   : 9

Weak  : Fire Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 25% of their maximum HP.)
3) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
4) Needle Spray (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. Attenuated 55 Power attack.)
5) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
6) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
7) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
8) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)

Name : Twiceborn (Dancing Akateko)
MaxHP: 65

Strength: 13
Magic   : 32
Agility : 52
Cunning : 20

Abilities Known:
1) Wraith Touch (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP.)
2) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
3) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
6) Set Alight (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
7) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
8) Riposte (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to attacks by adjacent enemies that miss you or that you dodge or parry with a 70 Power attack.)

Name : Charlie
Level: 22
MaxHP: 80

Magic   : 42
Cunning : 42

Immune: Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Lob Stone (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (4))
2) Mind Twist (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cannot miss.)
3) Hysteria (Type: Mind, 20 SP. Must target a Panicked character. 70% chance to inflict Panic on an enemy near the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
4) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
5) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
7) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
8) ------------

Name : Joes Nero (Gluttonous Nero)
Level: 14
MaxHP: 76

Strength: 17
Magic   : 39
Vitality: 38
Agility : 13

Resist: Fire Ice Body Dark

Abilities Known:
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Energy Siphon (Type: Body, 0 SP. Drains the target's SP by 10%, restoring your own SP by 66% of the amount drained. Cannot miss.)
8) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))

Name : Lifebender Eloko
MaxHP: 83

Magic   : 26
Vitality: 37
Cunning : 24

Resist: Electricity Body Mind
Weak  : Fire Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
6) Mending Aura (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects wounded allies who are not Mended. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

You tear into the oni.
 Using Eat Alive...
 Escape to cancel.
 You tear into the oni.
 The oni wakes up.
 The oni hits you.
 You feel vulnerable! The acheri wakes up.
 The eloko wakes up.
 The chachapuma wakes up.
 The acheri gestures at you.
 You feel weaker!
 The chachapuma charges you.
 The chachapuma hits you.
 You are stunned!
 The oni hits you. (x2)
 The acheri dances strangely.
 You are infected!
 The eloko whispers softly at you.
 You are charmed!
 The eloko bites you.
 The easg saint chants while pointing at the
 eloko. The easg saint looks more tired.
 The eloko looks refreshed.
 The easg saint smites you.
 It's super effective!
 The chachapuma clobbers you.
 The oni hits you. (x2)
 You are no longer stunned.
 You are still charmed!
 The acheri points at you.
 The acheri chokes you.
 You stumble.
 The eloko bites you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 The easg saint smites you.
 It's super effective!
 Your accuracy returns to normal.
 The chachapuma hits you.
 You are stunned!
 The oni hits you.
 The oni hits you.
 The oni is stunned!
 The eloko bites you.
 You die...

Name : Gandayah
Level: 6
MaxHP: 50

Magic   : 19
Agility : 11

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Freybug
Level: 5
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 12
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 12
Agility : 18
Cunning : 24

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Freybug
MaxHP: 63

Strength: 18
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 18
Cunning : 37

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Nero
MaxHP: 78

Magic   : 35
Vitality: 35

Abilities Known:
5) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Lucky Aid (Type: Healing, 0 SP. One effect chosen at random for the target: Heal 50% HP (unaffected by your Magic bonus), restores 50 SP, or removes all negative status effects. Cooldown: Luck (3))

Name : Shisa
MaxHP: 79

Strength: 40
Magic   : 31
Cunning : 16

Resist: Light Dark

Abilities Known:
2) Holy Word (Type: Light, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Focusing Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
4) Cursebreak Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down from you or a nearby ally.)
5) Exorcist's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks deal 20% more damage to targets weak to Light.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Shisa
Level: 19
MaxHP: 81

Strength: 41
Magic   : 32
Cunning : 17

Resist: Light Dark

Abilities Known:
3) Focusing Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

wizzzargh

Postby oneeyedjoe » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Hah, innocent dreamstalker was one of the first builds I "ghost won" with. I think summoner's name was "Sleep well" :) .
Have you ever tried similar build, but with maxhp damage instead? I think innocence and dreamstalker should proc even if target at max hp of its damaged max hp :? . Well, judging by damage dealt by fetches and how they can melt demons in 1 turn innocence definitely should proc. And what if you use fester touch? 70 power attack with 50% and 33% bonus damage followed by 140 power attack to max hp, bringing the target back to "max" and enabling innocence and dreamstalker again. You can melt some demons before they even wake up :D .
This is all in theory, of course, I never managed to complete that type of build.
oneeyedjoe

Postby wizzzargh » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:04 pm

oneeyedjoe wrote:Have you ever tried similar build, but with maxhp damage instead? I think innocence and dreamstalker should proc even if target at max hp of its damaged max hp :? . Well, judging by damage dealt by fetches and how they can melt demons in 1 turn innocence definitely should proc. And what if you use fester touch? 70 power attack with 50% and 33% bonus damage followed by 140 power attack to max hp, bringing the target back to "max" and enabling innocence and dreamstalker again. You can melt some demons before they even wake up :D .
This is all in theory, of course, I never managed to complete that type of build.

I tried that sort of build back when only Void Touch was available for that sort of thing, but I think it was on a Lilim(rather than myself) and they didn't quite 'get' the intended behavior and the strategy ended up being abandoned. With Miens and more powerful abilities like Fester Touch now I bet the MaxHP version of this build would be a lot better.

I don't know the math, but I think you're right that multiple Innocence+Dreamstalker buffed hits with a MaxHP drain would be far superior in damage to a single huge Eat Alive... but I gotta say the (mostly) irresistable physical damage and HP recovery from Eat Alive was pretty awesome. For a maxHP damaging build, Exorcist's Mien might be nice to allow Fester Touch to damage even Dark resistant foes effectively (well, assuming they're also Light-vulnerable...)
wizzzargh

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion