I died early but I'm still proud of this run lol

The tower awaits!

I died early but I'm still proud of this run lol

Postby Geoffreylikespie » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:47 am

So I just ran a run and I only got to Anomaly: 2 but I feel that I did quite well until I screwed it up in the end.

Instead of going for the regular route of getting a variety of decent demons, I instead focused on improving my main three: Lifegiver Gandayah (I was lucky for this to be my first encounter because I love Gandayah, and obviously a healer), Angel (an all-around ranged support build with healing and damage), and Dipsas (serves surprisingly well as a tank!). I had gone through all the side areas feeling pretty confident and even though I wasn't really planning Angel and Dipsas to be any certain way they were working surprisingly well for me. Against all odds we got Python on our side by taking out the goons then retreating, and I had aspirations to fuse Python onto Dipsas which would have been made him such a tanky boi. We beat Zaji too which I was astounded by! I already feel like I get brands pretty well which is also very nice.

Then came the mistake. I ran into an Ooze for the first time ever, and thinking long ahead I saw that it was just a follow mission and decided against better judgement to save my bronze offering. Ooze didn't have any speed buffs to my knowledge, but it was still a bit faster than me (maybe it was a brand?). Instead of cutting my losses, I saw that I had two wind cards and kept up the pursuit, although honestly I probably still would have lost sight with ~2-3 turns left. I let my allies take care of the Nero it came in with, so they were trailing far behind. Then Ooze led me straight into a pack of Fotia, which started pummeling me into the ground. I again acted against good judgement and kept up the chase instead of backing out to survive. Separated from the allies that have been carrying me and being hit by four Fotias at once, I died very quickly.

It was a really dumb way to die lol. I guess I've learned to not be stingy with my bronze offerings and to never underestimate high-level Demons, even if they're an average-speed pursuit mission. Hopefully my ghost is strong enough with Dipsas, Angel, and Lifegiver Gandayah to thoroughly vibe check summoners running around Anomaly: 2.

After a several-month-long break due to school obligations, social obligations, and just the need to take a break, this was a wonderful re-introduction back into the game for me! I hope to see some of you wonderful souls in the Tower! ;^)

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 10/27/2019, Scoring Model: 10/27/2019
Dump file created at: 11/09/2019 16:19:25

Summoner Geoffrey...
was chosen by the Horns of the Hunt,
selected Ice as their starting element,
has earned a score of 3779,
is currently at Anomaly:2,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Geoffrey
Level: 8
MaxHP: 61
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 10
Magic   : 39
Vitality: 17
Agility : 17
Cunning : 10

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Electricity

Soul Brand:
Po-Rel (Lv.3)
  No base SP cost above 15
  Magic: +8

Abilities Known:
1) Frost Dart (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
2) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
3) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
4) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) Auraward (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Fire, Electricity, or Ice ability, you gain Resist against all three of these types.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Relic Upgrades:
Capacity Up III (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 6 at once.)
Create Brand (Unlocks the Create Brand transmutation (available in the Brand menu), which lets you sacrifice a demon to create a new Brand based on its modifier. The new Brand's level will be equal to the sacrificed demon's level.)
Refine Brand (Unlocks the Refine Brand transmuation (available in the Brand menu), which raises the level of a Brand in your stock to match your own level. Does not change previously Applied copies of the Brand.)
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)

Inventory:
1 Chakra gem
5 Heal stone
3 Bolt glyph
3 Chakra stone
1 Calm card
2 Pure stone
3 Heal gem
1 Pure gem
1 Flame glyph
1 Bronze offering
2 Ghost chime

Brands:
Po-Rel (Lv.3)
  No base SP cost above 15
Mi (Lv.5)
  Strength: +7
In-We-Pa (Lv.5)
  Level is 20 or higher
  Strength: -14
  Max SP: +42
Du-Fre-So (Lv.5)
  Is a Non-Unique Demon
  SP above 50
  Vitality: +14
Po-So (Lv.5)
  Is a Demon
  Magic: +9
Sa-Pa (Lv.7)
  Level is 17 or higher
  HP per Turn: +2.5% of MaxHP
Sh-Rel (Lv.7)
  No base SP cost above 10
  Cunning: +14
In (Lv.8)
  Max SP: +13

Current Credits: 1394

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 113 / 156 (72% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        1          0          1          6*         0         
Impact       1          0          1          6*         0         
Pierce       1          0          0          7*         0         
Fire         0          0          2          3*         2         
Ice          1*         0          3*         2          2         
Electricity  0          0          4          1          2*         
Body         0          0          2          4*         1         
Mind         0          0          0          7*         0         
Matter       0          0          0          4*         3         
Light        1          1          0          4*         2         
Dark         0          0          0          5*         2         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
Level: 7
MaxHP: 59
MaxSP: 138

Strength: 13
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 26
Agility : 9
Cunning : 9

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Fire

Soul Brand:
In (Lv.8)
  Max SP: +13

Abilities Known:
1) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
2) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Preserve Life (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Must target a character whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
5) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
6) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
7) Cleansing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Body status effects by 0.5 turns.)
8) Relieving Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Matter status effects (except Harden) by 0.5 turns.)

Name : Headless
Level: 8
MaxHP: 71
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 27
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 35
Agility : 12
Cunning : 11

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Soul Brand:
Mi (Lv.4)
  Strength: +6

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Your abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite, Poison, or Melting damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Dipsas
Level: 13
MaxHP: 56

Strength: 27
Magic   : 15
Agility : 36
Cunning : 22

Weak  : Ice Matter

Soul Brand:
Mi (Lv.5)
  Strength: +7

Abilities Known:
1) Exhausting Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Reduces the target's SP by 15% (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Desiccation (Type: None, Passive. Improves the effectiveness of your SP reduction effects by 50%.)
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Angel
Level: 11
MaxHP: 58

Strength: 16
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 27
Agility : 20
Cunning : 16

Immune: Light
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Dark

Soul Brand:
Du (Lv.5)
  Vitality: +7

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
7) Cleansing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Body status effects by 0.5 turns.)
8) Relieving Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Matter status effects (except Harden) by 0.5 turns.)

Name : Nero
MaxHP: 53

Vitality: 23

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark Matter

Soul Brand:
Sa (Lv.6)
  HP per Turn: +1.1% of MaxHP

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleansing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Body status effects by 0.5 turns.)
4) Relieving Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Matter status effects (except Harden) by 0.5 turns.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Python
Level: 9
MaxHP: 68

Strength: 24
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 31
Agility : 15
Cunning : 18

Resist: Slash Impact Electricity Body
Weak  : Fire Ice Matter

Soul Brand:
Sa-Qu (Lv.7)
  Agility: +5
  HP per Turn: +0.8% of MaxHP

Abilities Known:
1) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
2) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Tangler (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
4) Tangling Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 35% chance to inflict Held on adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
6) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Examine...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute,
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using wind card...
 Escape to cancel.
 You use the wind card.
 The fotia throws a flame dart at you.
 The fotia burns you.
 The fotia burns you.
 The fotia burns you.
 Using Frost Dart...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Frost Dart...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 The fotia misses you.
 The ooze dodges the fotia's attack!
 The fotia burns you.
 The ooze swaps places with the fotia.
 Using Frost Dart...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 The ooze swaps places with the fotia.
 Using Frost Dart...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 The fotia burns you.
 The fotia burns you.
 The fotia burns you.
 You are set on fire!
 You are in danger!
 Using heal stone...
 Escape to cancel.
 You use the heal stone. You feel better.
 The fotia stares at you.
 The fotia burns you.
 You will be burning longer!
 The fotia stares at you.
 The fotia looks refreshed.
 The fotia burns you.
 The fotia stares at you.
 The fotia looks refreshed.
 The fotia burns you.
 The fotia burns you.
 Your dipsas' defense returns to normal.
 Using wind card...
 Escape to cancel.
 You use the wind card.
 The fotia burns you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 The fotia stares at you.
 The fotia burns you.
 The fotia stares at you.
 The fotia burns you.
 You will be burning longer!
 The fotia stares at you.
 The fotia burns you.
 Your angel's defense returns to normal.
 Using Frost Dart...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 The fotia stares at you.
 The fotia burns you.
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Kasha
Level: 4
MaxHP: 33

Strength: 12
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 11
Cunning : 16

Resist: Fire Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Soul Brand:
Mi-Co (Lv.2)
  SP Costs: -1
  Strength: +3

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Tulpa
Level: 4
MaxHP: 42

Magic   : 13
Vitality: 13
Agility : 13
Cunning : 13

Resist: Body Matter
Weak  : Mind Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Abbey lubber
Level: 1
MaxHP: 35

Strength: 6
Magic   : 13
Agility : 4

Resist: Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Emit Dark (Type: Dark, 5 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Restore (Type: Healing, 20 SP. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Restore (5))
5) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Echeneis
Level: 5
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 11
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 20
Agility : 14

Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
2) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Arachne
Level: 6
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 9
Magic   : 21
Vitality: 9
Agility : 15
Cunning : 21

Soul Brand:
Ra (Lv.4)
  Speed: +10%

Abilities Known:
1) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
2) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
3) Fetter (Type: Matter, 5 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
4) Wrap Up (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Malingee
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 30
Vitality: 13
Agility : 19
Cunning : 12

Resist: Fire Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Everybody gangsta til Mordecai pulls out the massacre
Geoffreylikespie

Re: I died early but I'm still proud of this run lol

Postby Ferret » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:11 am

Any run that reaches Anomaly is pretty good. :) More than 90% of games end before that!

I'm a little surprised Dipsas turned out to be a good tank. :D They are a bit high level for that part of the game, which may have helped. Maybe the high Agility did the job too? In any case, it's always fun to hear of a new use for a demon, especially if it's unconventional.

Oozes have a base Speed of 150% :( No speed buffs beyond that, but +50% is pretty huge! I can understand wanting to save the Offering if you thought you could catch it though: Offerings are really rare, and the only thing better than 1 overleveled pal would be 2, and you probably wouldn't have a chance at capturing the next one normally.

I'm glad you're back and getting the hang of the new Brand system too. :D Enjoy those and the new upgrade system, and I'll see about adding some new Tower floors soon. :) Thanks for the report, and good luck on your next run. :D
Ferret

Postby Geoffreylikespie » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:44 am

I got lucky (again) and did even better!

THE GENERAL STORY OF THE RUN IF YOU'RE INTERESTED:

I was blessed with a gold offering, and I used the it on Nokken (a new demon to me!!  :D ) immediately, who I felt I could not possibly convince to my side. And then in another sanctum I met Shoggoth! Luckily I have experience with Shoggoth and I had lots of unnecessary Demons so I was able to feed him until he joined. So this time I was lucky enough to have two over-leveled demons in conjunction with I think the best iteration of Lifegiver Gandayah I've ever had (which is saying a lot given how it's basically my staple). We ran into huge trouble in Anzu's Sanctum where I was hoping to grab Dragon Soul for the first brand I had, then almost died fighting Anzu regularly but still killed the deity. I picked up a second gold offering after that, and then (still in Anzu's Sanctum) we met a pack of Tuofei and Bmola and I was on the verge of death, like with my MaxHP hugely hit too. I reluctantly used the second gold offering (such a blessing) on a Tuofei and spent my pile of cash giving myself Triad Ward and Mist Shroud. By using a corner as cover and letting Nokken and Shoggoth take care of them while I gorged pure stones allowed me to come out alive. I went through all of Anomaly (except Our Sanctum11!1!!, which didn't have a portal to it), but I had to retreat from Ludoc cause his team was going to destroy me. Back in the Tower proper I almost died killing Charliss about five levels under (although Nokken and Shoggoth were significantly higher-leveled), using Flame Glyphs as a last resort while my entire team was in the red and just barely winning (Shoggoth killed him with a hit after two successive Flame Glyphs on very low health already). It was even scarier fighting Lioth, but we someone won that too! Nokken (and I) got rekt but there were plenty of Demons to fight in the potential recovery period. That period didn't really come though, as on the same floor a summoner corpse released demons that made very quick work of me while I was already at about half max HP. I got cocky after killing Charliss and Lioth and was obliterated, even though I had enough demons and credits that I probably could have convinced the Dipsas and Chindi to my side, but alas.

STRATEGIES:

Overall, one of my best runs if not the best. I made a conscious effort to get an ice, fire, and electric ranged attack so I would have coverage which turned out really useful. Diversifying your human's abilities is some of the best advice I can give and I can't believe it took me this long to truly figure that out. Lifegiver Gandayah did excellently with three anti-effect auras and three healing options on top of Tireless and Vigorous. Chthonic Shoggoth is an absolute beast of a tank, serving as the only real melee fighter most of the time, and he didn't take noticeable damage until about halfway through the Lioth fight (that switch is when Gandayah got overwhelmed and we all started to lose health). I have no idea what my plan was for Nokken, but its trio of Matter moves were working beautifully. I combined that with Tireless and Vigorous so it could keep wrecking Demons from afar, then Low Profile because even then it still inevitably would move to melee with SP gone and I needed to shoot past it. Added a couple scary auras cause it's Cunning was high enough. I was hoping to eventually make it Charged just to get rid of the Electricity weakness, but that sadly didn't pan out. I also was thinking way ahead of making Druj Nasu a partial healer, and I have no what I was planning with Turdak. Overall, putting more effort into three Demons, diversifying the moves my Summoner has available, and having a Lifegiver Gandayah clicks very well with me, although I do admit the luck of multiple over-leveled Demons certainly got me this far.

Sorry for the wall of text lol. This will probably have to be my last run for a while as I'm already heading back to school, but my oh my am I excited to jump back in over December! Thank you for creating such an excellent game!

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 11/11/2019 01:06:57

Summoner Geoffrey...
was chosen by the Eye of the Dragon,
selected Fire as their starting element,
has earned a score of 13161,
is currently at Tower:11,
and is quite dead!

Level: 16
MaxHP: 91

Strength: 10
Magic   : 45
Vitality: 25
Agility : 25
Cunning : 25

Resist: Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Frost Arrow (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
2) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases base SP regeneration by 50%.)
6) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
7) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
8) Mist Shroud (Type: Ice, Passive. If your last action was an Ice ability, provides a 25% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks.)

Relic Upgrades:
Capacity Up III (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 6 at once.)
Enemy Sense (Shows the positions of roaming enemies on the map, even if you have not fully explored the level. Also warns you about summoner corpses whose Relics still contain active demons.)
Item Sense (Shows the positions of unattended items on the map. May also reveal additional items when searching corpses, or once a level is fully explored.)
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Refine Brand (Unlocks the Refine Brand transmuation (available in the Brand menu), which raises the level of a Brand in your stock to match your own level. Does not change previously Applied copies of the Brand.)

Inventory:
2 Guardian gem
1 Curse rune
1 Mirror chime
1 Trouble chime
3 Chakra stone
2 Frost glyph
1 Venom rune
1 Calm card

Brands:
Po-Res (Lv.7)
  SP equal to MaxSP
  Magic: +15
Du-Po (Lv.9)
  Magic: +6
  Vitality: +6
In-So (Lv.11)
  Is a Non-Unique Demon
  Max SP: +28
Du-In-Ou (Lv.13)
  Base Cunning is 44 or more
  Max SP: +15
  Vitality: +10
Mi-Qu-Sur (Lv.15)
  Base Vitality is 24 or more
  Agility: +10
  Strength: +10
Wa (Lv.15)
  Remove Weak: Body

Current Credits: 2668

Shared Codex   : 115 / 156 (73% complete)

Slash        1          0          1          6*         0         
Impact       1          0          1          5*         1         
Pierce       1          0          1          6*         0         
Fire         1*         0          1*         2          4         
Ice          1*         0          2          4          1*         
Electricity  2*         0          2          4*         1         
Body         2          3          0          4*         0         
Mind         0          0          2          4*         1         
Matter       1          1          0          4*         2         
Light        0          0          0          5*         2         
Dark         0          1          1          5*         0         

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
Level: 12
MaxHP: 81

Strength: 17
Magic   : 37
Vitality: 41
Agility : 11

Soul Brand:
Du-Po (Lv.9)
  Magic: +6

Abilities Known:
1) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
2) Preserve Life (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Must target a character whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
4) Cleansing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Body status effects by 0.5 turns.)
5) Relieving Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Matter status effects (except Harden) by 0.5 turns.)
6) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
7) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases base SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Calming Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Mind status effects (except Stun) by 0.5 turns.)

Name : Nokken
Level: 22
MaxHP: 89

Strength: 28
Magic   : 35
Vitality: 25
Agility : 34
Cunning : 40

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Electricity Matter

Soul Brand:
Po-Sur (Lv.3)
  Base Vitality is 18 or more
  Magic: +7

Abilities Known:
1) Vise (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.) Cannot miss.)
2) Writhing Mass (Type: Matter, 30 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.) Cannot miss.)
3) Choke (Type: Body, 10 SP. Must target a Held character. 20-60 Power attack based on stacks of Held (20 per stack.) Delays target's next turn, adds 2 turns of Breath and Charge cooldowns. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases base SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Shocking Aura (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 4% chance to Shock enemies, causing them to miss their next turn.)
8) Fearsome Aura (Type: Mind, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 15% chance to delay enemies' next turns.)

Name : Chthonic Shoggoth
Level: 21
MaxHP: 112

Strength: 46
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 58
Agility : 19
Cunning : 24

Resist: Slash Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind Matter

Soul Brand:
Mi-Rel (Lv.1)
  No base SP cost above 20

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
6) Shocking Aura (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 4% chance to Shock enemies, causing them to miss their next turn.)
7) Relieving Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Matter status effects (except Harden) by 0.5 turns.)
8) Cleansing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Body status effects by 0.5 turns.)

Name : Charged Ruhin
Level: 15
MaxHP: 59
MaxSP: 110

Strength: 5
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 24
Agility : 30
Cunning : 34

Immune: Body Matter
Resist: Electricity Mind

Soul Brand:
In-Du-We (Lv.5)
  Strength: -3
  Vitality: +5
  Max SP: +10

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Volt Call (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
6) Shocking Aura (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 4% chance to Shock enemies, causing them to miss their next turn.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Turdak
Level: 16
MaxHP: 66

Magic   : 15
Vitality: 22
Agility : 33
Cunning : 27

Immune: Body Dark
Resist: Pierce Ice
Weak  : Impact Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
3) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Cleansing Dance (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis from allies. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Druj nasu
Level: 19
MaxHP: 83

Strength: 11
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 33
Cunning : 71

Immune: Body
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Soul Brand:
Sh (Lv.19)
  Cunning: +14

Abilities Known:
1) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
2) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 20 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 85% chance to Infect an enemy near the target, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Foul Aura (Type: Body, Reactive. Each standard turn, has an 8% chance to Infect enemies, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
5) Weaken (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Flame Dart...
 Escape to cancel.
 You throw a flame dart at the gandayah.
 You burn the gandayah.
 It's super effective!
 The gandayah is set on fire!
 Your ruhin gestures at you.
 You feel more evasive!
 The dipsas wakes up.
 The chindi misses your gandayah.
 The gandayah chants while pointing at the
 chindi. The gandayah looks more tired.
 The chindi looks refreshed.
 The gandayah hits your ruhin.
 Using Flame Dart...
 Escape to cancel.
 You burn the gandayah.
 It's super effective!
 Your shoggoth hits the gandayah.
 Your gandayah hits the chindi.
 It's super effective!
 Your ruhin shocks the chindi.
 It's super effective!
 The chindi is shocked!
 The dipsas bites you. You feel more tired.
 You are no longer infected.
 The shisa wakes up.
 The gandayah hits your ruhin.
 The shisa leaps at your ruhin.
 The shisa rends your ruhin.
 Your ruhin is stunned!
 You and one of your allies are in danger!
 Using Flame Dart...
 Escape to cancel.
 You burn the gandayah.
 It's super effective!
 Your shoggoth hits the gandayah.
 Your shoggoth kills the gandayah!!
 Your ruhin reaches Level 15!
 Your gandayah gestures at your ruhin.
 Your ruhin looks healthier.
 The chindi is no longer shocked.
 The chindi touches your gandayah.
 Your gandayah will be infected longer!
 Your gandayah looks weaker!
 The dipsas bites you. You feel more tired.
 The shisa shouts a focusing cry.
 The shisa looks more accurate!
 The chindi looks more accurate!
 The dipsas looks more accurate!
 Using Flame Dart...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Frost Arrow...
 Escape to cancel.
 You throw a frost arrow at the dipsas.
 You miss the dipsas.
 Your ruhin is no longer stunned.
 Your ruhin shocks the chindi.
 It's super effective!
 The chindi is shocked!
 Your shoggoth hits the shisa.
 The dipsas bites you.
 You feel more tired.
 Your gandayah gestures at you.
 You feel better.
 The shisa slashes your ruhin.
 Using Frost Arrow...
 Escape to cancel.
 You throw a frost arrow at the dipsas.
 You miss the dipsas.
 Your ruhin gestures at itself.
 Your ruhin looks more evasive!
 The dipsas bites you.
 Your shoggoth hits the shisa.
 The chindi is no longer shocked.
 The chindi eliminates you.
 Your gandayah gestures at you.
 You feel better.
 Your gandayah is no longer infected.
 The dipsas bites you.
 You die...

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 68

Strength: 25

Resist: Ice Body

Soul Brand:
Mi-Rel (Lv.1)
  No base SP cost above 20

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Your abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite, Poison, or Melting damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (6))
7) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
8) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)

Name : Nero
MaxHP: 53

Vitality: 23

Soul Brand:
Ri-Em (Lv.7)
  7 or less abilities
  SP Costs: -16%

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleansing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Body status effects by 0.5 turns.)
4) Relieving Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Matter status effects (except Harden) by 0.5 turns.)
5) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
6) Normalizing Rain (Type: Healing, 10 SP. Removes Ignite, Chill, and Shock. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 77

Strength: 26
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 34
Cunning : 20

Abilities Known:
1) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
3) Tangler (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
4) Tangling Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 35% chance to inflict Held on adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Chachapuma
MaxHP: 65

Strength: 45
Vitality: 22
Agility : 18
Cunning : 17

Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Stunning Blow (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Clobber (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
4) Fearsome Aura (Type: Mind, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 15% chance to delay enemies' next turns.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Hob
Level: 15
MaxHP: 73

Strength: 19
Magic   : 32
Vitality: 27
Agility : 16
Cunning : 26

Weak  : Fire Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
4) Calming Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Mind status effects (except Stun) by 0.5 turns.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Tuofei
MaxHP: 57

Magic   : 34
Agility : 33
Cunning : 13

Immune: Ice
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Body Mind

Soul Brand:
Sa-Al (Lv.13)
  No visible allies
  HP per Turn: +3.6% of MaxHP

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly. Cannot miss.)
2) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Mist Shroud (Type: Ice, Passive. If your last action was an Ice ability, provides a 25% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks.)
4) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
5) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Geoffreylikespie

Postby Ferret » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:51 pm

Two Gold Offerings! :P Someone won the lottery. :)

Our Sanctum!11! doesn't always appear. It used to have a high chance when I first introduced it, but I reduced it to normal odds sometime later. If you get Python's Sanctum, you'll never get Our Sanctum in the same run.

Corpse demons claimed another summoner, it seems. :) I've had lots of good ideas over the years, but I think corpses were one of the better ones. :D I wanted something like "traps" in the game, but most roguelike traps are just frustrating random-feeling penalties. Corpses manage to have the same effect, but (I think) without the frustrating feeling, since you opt in to them and there's a chance of really good rewards for taking the chance. (It probably also helps that no result is entirely bad: even if you get the demon ambush, it's still a chance for XP and recruits. :D )

I wouldn't sell yourself short on this run: out of depth demons certainly helped, but it sounds like you're learning some useful strategies and tactics. :D Good luck when you return in December, and I'm glad you're enjoying Demon so much. :D
Ferret

Postby Geoffreylikespie » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:11 am

I have returned and am better than ever! As a reward for finishing my first final this quarter I decided I would play a run of Demon until I died, and I did really well!

I decided to try a Titan's Fist build since I saw a ghost a while back that was a lot further along than I expected, but I did a tanky run where I do all the healing myself through health-stealing abilities. My first run went really well since I had no plans and was kind of just playing it by ear. After I got out of Anomaly though the packs of Demons tore me apart, so this run (my second run) I focused on my health-stealing melee attack (this time Wraith/Shade Touch replaced Leech Touch), a ranged attack (Shock Dart/Arrow), and a huge AOE attack (Stellar/Lunar Nova). I got this upgrades using Revelation, and I happened to run into a Titan's Fist-friendly Brand, and I picked up two essences, so I was very well set. I courted some Demons and failed to Court others, then I decided to tango with Slenderman and that was not a good idea, so now I am dead. (Honestly I wouldn't recommend even going near him without Mind immunity... those Charms broke me.)

(CODEX SPOILERS!!!)

Anyways, I made huge Codex progress, with Archangel, Ooze, Gorgon, Nuppeppo, Abatwa, Ikiryo, Umdhlebi, Pelesit, Charun, Power, Virtue, and even the mighty deity Tlaloc himself now in the books!

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 12/09/2019 20:56:03

Summoner Geoffrey...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Body as their starting element,
has earned a score of 40066,
is currently at Tower:18,
and is quite dead!

Level: 26
MaxHP: 154

Strength: 1
Magic   : 113
Vitality: 70
Agility : 38
Cunning : 1

Resist: Body

Soul Brand:
Ri-Po-Fa-Al (Lv.25)
  1 or less visible allies
  SP per Turn: -3.0
  Magic: +43
  SP Costs: -47%

Abilities Known:
1) Shade Touch (Type: Dark, 20 SP. 85 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP.)
2) Shock Arrow (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Lunar Nova (Type: Light, 40 SP. Attenuated 55 Power attack, enemies only. Attenuated 80 Power heal, allies only.)
4) Sprint (Type: None, 25 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (5))
5) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by attacking them with a drain that heals you for 25% of their maximum HP.)
6) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing, SP restoration, and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt or restore SP based on SP drained.)
7) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by attacking them with a drain that heals you for 10% of their maximum HP.)
8) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)

Relic Upgrades:
Aux Guard III (Reduces incoming damage and increases status resistance by 17% per empty summon slot, up to 50%. No effect when Heroic.)
Aux Power III (Increases damage and healing dealt by 34% and reduces SP costs and cooldowns by 17% per empty summon slot, up to a 100% increase and 50% reduction respectively. No effect when Heroic.)
Alter Self (Unlocks the Alter Self transmutation, which allows you to reallocate your stat points.)
Revelation (Unlocks the Revelation transmutation, which grants a demon a random ability based on the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)

Inventory:
4 Chakra gem
2 Zephyr card
2 Heart glyph
1 Night rune
1 Curse rune
8 Heal gem
6 Heal stone
9 Pure stone
2 Peace offering
5 Chakra stone
1 Might gem
1 Bolt glyph
1 Venom rune
1 Pain glyph
1 Mirror chime
1 Blizzard rune
1 Red essence

Brands:
Ri-Po-Fa-Al (Lv.25)
  1 or less visible allies
  Magic: +43
  SP Costs: -47%
Mi-Im (Lv.19)
  Magic: -28
  Strength: +22
Sh-Pa (Lv.19)
  Level is 29 or higher
  Cunning: +31
Po-Tir-So (Lv.23)
  Is a Unique Demon
  SP equal to or less than 50
  Magic: +32
Ri-Tir-So (Lv.25)
  Is a Summoner
  SP Costs: -41%

Current Credits: 3877

Shared Codex   : 127 / 156 (81% complete)

Slash        0          0          0          3*         1         
Impact       0          0          0          3*         1         
Pierce       1          0          0          3*         1         
Fire         0          0          1          1*         2         
Ice          1          1          0          2          1*         
Electricity  2*         1          2          1*         0         
Body         0          0          1*         2          1         
Mind         1          0          0          4*         0         
Matter       0          0          0          3*         1         
Light        2*         1          0          1*         2         
Dark         1*         1          2          1*         0         

Name : Tlaloc
Level: 27
MaxHP: 111

Strength: 25
Magic   : 66
Vitality: 43

Immune: Ice Electricity Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Soul Brand:
Po-Ra-Tir (Lv.22)
  Speed: +14%
  Magic: +15

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Vengeful (Type: None, Passive. Responds to damage dealt to you by enemies by restoring 3 SP.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))

Name : Virtue
Level: 33
MaxHP: 103

Strength: 16
Magic   : 102
Vitality: 16
Cunning : 51

Resist: Fire Electricity Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Lux (Type: Light, 40 SP. Only affects enemies. Has a 70% chance to apply Guilt, and a 50% chance to apply Mute, followed by an 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Miracle (1))
2) Channeler (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of abilities with the Miracle cooldown to 0, and reduces Miracle cooldowns by 50%.)
3) Wrath (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
4) Solar Burst (Type: Light, 35 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack, enemies only. Attenuated 105 Power heal, allies only.)
5) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
6) Halo (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
7) Judge's Veil (Type: Light, Reactive. 35% chance to inflict Guilt on adjacent characters that deal damage to you, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
8) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))

Name : Pelesit
Level: 26
MaxHP: 75

Strength: 35
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 28
Agility : 72
Cunning : 42

Resist: Electricity Dark
Weak  : Fire Body Light Matter

Soul Brand:
Qu (Lv.24)
  Agility: +16

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Madness Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (6))
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

It's super effective!
 You kill the ikiryo!!
 You siphon the soul of the ikiryo.
 It's super effective!
 You feel better. Slenderman hits you.
 Using Shock Arrow...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Slenderman reaches to strike you.
 Using Shock Arrow...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Activate Link...
 Escape to cancel.
 You attempt to link with Slenderman...
 Slenderman shakes off previously taken
 damage.
 Slenderman looks much more powerful!
 Using Shock Arrow...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Lunar Nova...
 Lunar Nova can only be centered on yourself.
 Press Enter to execute, Escape to cancel.
 You radiate lunar light.
 You sear Slenderman.
 It's super effective!
 You feel better.
 Slenderman blinks towards you.
 You stumble.
 Slenderman whispers softly at you.
 You are charmed!
 Slenderman looks refreshed.
 Slenderman bites you.
 Slenderman looks healthier.
 You are still charmed!
 Slenderman bites you.
 You are still charmed!
 Slenderman bites you.
 You are still charmed!
 You are still charmed!
 Slenderman bites you.
 You are still charmed!
 You are no longer charmed.
 You are in danger!
 Using Lunar Nova...
 Nevermind then.
 Using Lunar Nova...
 You radiate lunar light.
 You sear Slenderman.
 It's super effective!
 You feel better.
 Slenderman blinks towards you.
 You stumble.
 Slenderman whispers softly at you.
 You are charmed!
 Slenderman misses you.
 Slenderman bites you.
 Slenderman looks healthier.
 You lose control!
 You are still charmed!
 You fumble around uselessly!
 Slenderman bites you.
 You are still charmed!
 Slenderman bites you.
 You are still charmed!
 You are no longer charmed.
 Using Lunar Nova...
 Nevermind then.
 Using Examine...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Sprint...
 Escape to cancel.
 Slenderman bites you.
 You die...

Name : Ninkasi
Level: 25
MaxHP: 95

Strength: 19
Magic   : 33
Agility : 52
Cunning : 51

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Soul Brand:
Sh-Qu (Lv.18)
  Agility: +9
  Cunning: +9

Abilities Known:
1) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
6) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
7) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
8) ------------

Name : Power
Level: 28
MaxHP: 91

Strength: 102
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 41
Agility : 14
Cunning : 14

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Lethal Thrust (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 100 Power attack, enemies only.)
2) Rhino Charge (Type: Impact, 20 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Vehemence (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly raises accuracy and offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Overpower (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the chance of opponents Blocking, Dodging, or Parrying your attacks by half.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Charun
Level: 28
MaxHP: 111

Strength: 75
Magic   : 30
Vitality: 37
Agility : 29

Resist: Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Grand Slam (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Agony (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies without the Agony status effect. 70 Power attack. Applies Agony. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
3) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Geoffreylikespie

Postby Ferret » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:04 am

Congrats on finishing up a final. :D Congrats for a pretty good Demon run too, Tower:18's not bad at all. :D

Oof. Yeah, Slenderman's high enough level to have some ability to pierce even Aux Guard III's boosts. :( Mind Immunity is one answer, but in such situations, even a "solo" build can benefit from having a single summoned ally intended to help smooth over a problem of that sort. If you can't score Mind Immunity yourself for example, a demon with Mind Immunity and Calm can serve much the same purpose. It'll drop your stats a bit while he's out, but some well-crafted temporary allies can be a viable option for handling certain scenarios as a full Aux character.

Sounds like you made some nice progress on your Codex. :D Of course, that's about to get a bit bigger here with the next build, but nice progress is still nice progress. :)

Thanks for the report, and good luck in the Tower *and* on the rest of your finals. :D
Ferret

Postby Geoffreylikespie » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:26 pm

It's been a long while since I posted a death post (I think), but I think I'll follow greattuna's lead and turn this thread into my own YASD for any interesting runs I have.

This time I had a pretty decent strategy going, using Titan's Fist and a healer with a platter of magical abilities.

After reading DiedToANero's thread, I decided to do some preparation for an end game I haven't even gotten to yet and have a path for Mind Immunity. I planned to wait until I encounter a Mindbender or Adept demon, fuse it onto Aithir, and then soul armor Aithir onto myself. (I had Auraward and a fire-weakness-removing brand already on to prepare for this, and Fire, Ice, and Electricity touches so that I could activate Auraward forever if needed, whereas the four other ability slots would be for multi-target magical abilities. Until very recently I had my first one in Punish, but I ended up deleting in a bargain for my life with an Acheri!)

Then I ran into Turdak's sanctum, expecting nothing too difficult… but oh my gosh Wraith Gaze on Acheri makes them so much more dangerous! I don't think I'd fought them yet since the ability pass, so I came in expecting them to be not too bad with just Infection Boost or something, then I look up after (easily) killing Turdak and I'm at 19/19 HP! :o I do like the change, but it really did cost me this time xD

In retrospect, I probably should have just fused the Aithir onto myself early! There's plenty of other good mind immunity candidates for soul armor later on (Baleful Zagh, Sainted Charlie, etc.), and I got super lucky in the first few floors so I might have had enough credits floating around to do it! Even if it cost a lot later to get mind immunity I might have actually gotten that far xD

Also, thinking about it, I don't know if Mindbender/Adept Aithir is actually a good soul armor option long-term, even with Auraward. Sure I'd be a magical tank and the five immunities is very very tempting, but I'm thinking the massive HP drop turn me into papier-mâché against physical fighters.

Oh well, I guess. I had a pretty lucky run but this strategy does seem feasible. Reading the forum all these years and incorporating the advice has definitely improved my skill with this game!

Demon Party Dump File
Version 6/1/2021, Scoring Model: 5/31/2021
Dump file created at: 10/10/2021 13:54:18

Summoner Forsaken...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Body as their starting element,
has earned a score of 8554,
is currently at Turdak's Sanctum,
and is quite dead!

Name : Forsaken
MaxHP: 84

Strength: 22
Magic   : 34
Vitality: 28
Agility : 22
Cunning : 15

Resist: Body

Soul Brand:
Wa-Du (Lv.9)
  Remove Weak: Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Searing Touch (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
3) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
4) Leech Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 66% of the damage dealt.)
5) Liquefying Touch (Type: Matter, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
6) Wraith Touch (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP.)
7) Auraward (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Fire, Electricity, or Ice ability, you gain Resist against all three of these types.)
8) ------------

Relic Upgrades:
Aux Guard I (When you have 2 or less demons summoned, reduces incoming damage and increases status resistance by 20%, for both you and your summoned demons. The bonus does not apply to Heroic targets.)
Aux Guard II (When you have 1 or less demons summoned, reduces incoming damage and increases status resistance by 20%, for both you and your summoned demons. Stacks with Aux Guard I. The bonus does not apply to Heroic targets.)
Aux Power I (When you have 2 or less demons summoned, increases damage dealt by 20% and reduces SP costs and cooldowns by 20%, for both you and your summoned demons. The bonus does not apply to Heroic targets.)
Aux Power II (When you have 1 or less demons summoned, increases damage dealt by 35% and reduces SP costs and cooldowns by 20%, for both you and your summoned demons. Stacks with Aux Power I. The bonus does not apply to Heroic targets.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)

Inventory:
1 Heart glyph
1 Guardian gem
1 Night rune
12 Heal stone
1 Silver offering
2 Calm card
1 Curse rune
2 Ghost chime
1 Blizzard rune
2 Heal gem
1 Zephyr card
1 Peace offering

Brands:
Ef-Ra-Ac (Lv.5)
  No passive abilities
  Speed: +14%
  SP per Turn: +1.5
Mi-Co-So (Lv.6)
  Is a Non-Unique Demon
  SP Costs: -3
  Strength: +9
Mi-Po-Fa (Lv.7)
  Strength: +9
Du-Tir (Lv.7)
  Vitality: +12
Ra-Im-So (Lv.8)
  Is a Demon
  Magic: -8
  Speed: +19%
Du-Ev (Lv.9)
  Base Agility is 27 or more
  Vitality: +11
Wa-Du (Lv.9)
  Remove Weak: Fire
Qu-Co-Al (Lv.9)
  2 or less visible allies
  SP Costs: -3
  Agility: +12
Sa-Ra (Lv.10)
  Speed: +7%
  HP per Turn: +0.8% of MaxHP
Ra-Po-So (Lv.11)
  Is a Demon
  Speed: +10%
Du (Lv.12)
  Vitality: +10
Po-So (Lv.12)
  Is a Non-Unique Demon
  Magic: +18

Current Credits: 5617

Shared Codex   : 144 / 188 (76% complete)

Slash        0          0          0          4*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          4*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          4*         0         
Fire         1*         0          1          1*         2         
Ice          2*         0          2          0          2*         
Electricity  2*         0          0          2*         2         
Body         2*         2          1*         0          1         
Mind         0          0          0          4*         0         
Matter       1*         1          0          2*         1         
Light        1          1          0          1*         2         
Dark         2*         1          1          1*         1         

Name : Lifegiver Nero
MaxHP: 76

Magic   : 51

Soul Brand:
Po-So (Lv.12)
  Is a Non-Unique Demon

Abilities Known:
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
8) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)

Name : Aithir
MaxHP: 51

Strength: 1
Magic   : 38
Vitality: 16
Agility : 21
Cunning : 30

Immune: Body Light Dark Matter
Weak  : Fire Ice Electricity

Soul Brand:
Po-Ra-We (Lv.8)
  Strength: -17
  Speed: +12%

Abilities Known:
1) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
2) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 10 (to a minimum of 0), and if you start your turn with a Light or Dark cooldown of 2 or less, it is cleared.)
5) Emit Sparks (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets up to 3 random enemies. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
6) Normalizing Rain (Type: Healing, 10 SP. Removes Ignite, Chill, and Shock. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Frigid Acheri
MaxHP: 60

Strength: 6
Magic   : 46
Agility : 23
Cunning : 26

Immune: Body
Resist: Ice Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Soul Brand:
Po-So (Lv.12)
  Is a Non-Unique Demon

Abilities Known:
1) Vile Dance (Type: Body, 10 SP. 85% chance to apply Infection to enemies, which prevents most HP and SP recovery. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
2) Retch (Type: Body, 10 SP. Must target a character with Infection, Poison, or Paralysis. 40 Power attack. Delays target's next turn, and adds 2 turns of Breath and Charge cooldowns. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
3) Weaken (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
4) Wraith Gaze (Type: Dark, 5 SP. 55 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Presence (2))
5) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
6) Flash Freeze (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Chills the target for an unusually long duration, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Your aithir is no longer regenerating.
 Your nero is no longer regenerating.
 You are no longer regenerating.
 Rest complete, but you must defeat enemies to
 restore you and your allies' missing Maximum HP.
 You are in danger!
 You have spotted an enemy!
 The acheri swaps places with the flying head.
 Using Searing Touch...
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute, Escape to
 cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 The acheri dances strangely.
 Your nero is infected!
 The acheri withers you for 3.
 The acheri saps your vigor for 2!
 The acheri is invigorated for 1!
 The flying head gazes at you.
 You resist.
 You stumble.
 Using Searing Touch...
 cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using silver offering...
 cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using bolt glyph...
 cancel.
 You use the bolt glyph.
 You shock the acheri for 36.
 It's super effective!
 The flying head swaps places with the acheri.
 Your nero gestures at you.
 You are healed for 21.
 You stumble.
 You stagger badly!
 The acheri points at your nero.
 The acheri chokes your nero for 5.
 It's super effective! Your nero stumbles.
 The acheri dances strangely. Nothing happens.
 The acheri points at your nero.
 The acheri chokes your nero for 4.
 It's super effective! Your nero stumbles.
 The acheri withers you for 2.
 The acheri saps your vigor for 3!
 The acheri is invigorated for 2!
 The flying head shocks you for 1.
 It isn't very effective.
 The flying head misses you.
 Using Searing Touch...
 cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Summon...
 cancel.
 You summon your aithir!
 The acheri gestures at your aithir.
 Your aithir looks weaker!
 The flying head shocks your aithir for 4.
 It's super effective!
 The flying head bites your aithir for 3.
 The flying head shocks your aithir for 5.
 It's super effective! Your aithir is shocked!
 The acheri dances strangely.
 Your aithir ignores the attack!
 You are infected!
 Your nero will be infected longer!
 It's super effective!
 The flying head bites your aithir for 3.
 It's super effective!
 You stumble.
 Your nero gestures at your aithir.
 Your aithir is healed for 22.
 Your aithir is no longer shocked.
 Your aithir gestures at the acheri.
 The acheri slows down!
 The flying head shocks you for 3.
 The flying head misses you.
 The flying head bites you for 2.
 The flying head shocks you for 3.
 The acheri withers you for 3.
 The acheri saps your vigor for 3! You die...

Name : Dryad
Level: 5
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 7
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 14

Resist: Electricity Light
Weak  : Fire Body Dark

Soul Brand:
Sa-Fre (Lv.10)
  SP above 50
  HP per Turn: +1.5% of MaxHP

Abilities Known:
1) Punish (Type: Light, 15 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was a damaging ability. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))
2) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 2 turns. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
4) Squeeze (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.) Cannot miss.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 86

Vitality: 44

Soul Brand:
Du (Lv.7)
  Vitality: +8

Abilities Known:
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Chthonic Miodchaoin
MaxHP: 81

Strength: 35
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 40
Agility : 10

Resist: Slash Impact Body Matter
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Tenacious Hit (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Reduces your Endure cooldown by 2.)
2) Mighty Roar (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 50% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 30 SP and resets your Breath and Charge cooldowns. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (4))
4) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by attacking them with a drain that heals you for 25% of their maximum HP.)
5) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding status effects and reactions).)
6) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
7) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
8) Tangling Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 35% chance to inflict Held on adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))

Geoffreylikespie

Postby DiedToANero » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:12 am

Turdak's is probably the hardest early game sanctum in my opinion. The MaxHP drains are brutal at that level. I've definitely lost many runs in there. I think the Aithir Soul Armor cost something like 19000 credits at that level. I personally have never been able to find that much early into a run, which is why I didn't even bother with Soul Armor on my first win. It would be worth it if you could pull it off though.
DiedToANero

Postby Ferret » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:12 pm

:D Acheri definitely benefitted from the previous build's pass on adding new abilities to old demons. They went from being more or less a support debuffer to actually somewhat dangerous on their own. At least it is "only" a Gaze ability, so they can't spam it, and they don't have any built in methods for boosting Presence cooldown recovery.

Physical threats are definitely worth keeping in mind when considering anti-magic Soul Armor setups. There's pretty much always some sort of level-appropriate in your face big beef group somewhere on the encounter charts, and the later ones can be very nasty indeed with their various variants of charge-to-stun-then-smack-you-silly strategy. The later groups containing Powers are in particular infamous for bringing particularly fragile summoners immediately into preservation territory. With Titan's Fist, you probably wouldn't be in danger of that like a non-Fist summoner might, but you could still start the fight seriously damaged.

"All these years" you say... I admit, sometimes even I forget it has been as long as it has been. :) The forums have been up for 6-7 years, but the I've been working on the game more like 7-8 (since there was a fair bit of work done before the first public releases, no surprise there probably.) I'm glad the forum has been useful to you and others over the years though. :D

That aside though, Turdak's not a bad stop for a run: anything that gets past Anomaly is always a good run. :D Thanks for the report, and good luck on your next run. :)
Ferret

Return to General Discussion