RNG is a fickle god

The tower awaits!

Re: RNG is a fickle god

Postby Saler » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:40 am

The think about Reprobus' link is that you basically got to have OFF Down or DEF Up to do it. Prefferablly both. OFF Down is better of the two in this instance, but DEF Up's has higher general effeciency and availability.
In my opinion, you should've swaped out those Gandayah and Nero for higher level demons. The more levels a demon has above it's base level, the less Exp it gains, and since those two are early game demons, they fall rather far behind at this point. From my experience, you want to look for opportunities to replace your demons a few floor after Anomaly.
Power and Phoenix are some of the demons I didn't yet dare to link with - they are very hard to fight against normally, and I'm not looking forward to fighting their Heroic versions. Especially Phoenix, seeing how that link would require you to fight well consistently.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby SummerSnowman » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:27 pm

I think I did have Protect on an Angel for the link but I didn't want to risk it for a unique that I didn't need.

Yeah, probably should have swapped for something with more magic. I didn't want to negotiate with the other healers though and the rare unicorns I found died in AoE attacks. I think their healing was fine though. It only depends on magic, not level, right?

Powers are very dangerous, so I usually save bronze offerings for them. Once I got one, it made the sanctum much easier against the other powers and it also did the majority of damage against Phoenix. Once again, I used a lot of healing items. I barely completed the link with one turn left, and used a bolt glyph to finish it off. I believe I had both healers out too, with Charlie debuffing it at the start. Knew it would be hard, so I ran away after killing the angels and healed up.
SummerSnowman

Postby Saler » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:23 pm

Yeah, I probably wouldn't attempt the Reprobus link with just Protect unless I knew I could easily flee in case the fight went wrong. I think I had a source of OFF Down every time I recruited Reprobus.
If I understood what was writen on this forum about healing, level does affect healing. Level actually plays part in calculations directly, so enemies will get damage and accuracy bonuses in addition to the ones caused by lower stats.
Honestly, one of my problems is that I commonly forget to use items. It's not even that I consider them too valueble, I just forget to consider them as an option.
I actually try to do the "kill others and retreat" tactic to all "defeat me under turn limit" links other than the early game ones. I had some nasty experiences with not doing that.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby SummerSnowman » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:30 am

I agree to killing everything before doing most links. It makes focus fire easier without things getting in the way. Doing that with negotiations too can be useful at times. Threatening violence is probably always a bad option, but I would like to know if it can have a neutral effect. I also would like to know what blood price does, especially if you gave away 20k credits :?:

Decided to post my first victory too.

Definitely my worst run - skipped a ton of floors and fights like anomaly:3 and towers 19-22. This time, the final floors had basilisks and Abatwa instead of Shikome and Ikiryo. Seems like the final floors have different variance of demons each run. The second time, I had Mulassa and Cherufe.

Had a ghoul I found on Tower: 1 1/2. Also found Spiny Veil and Counterattack near there. It jumped into fights and did well throughout the floors, but I had to drop it in the midgame for something else.

Whirling Ooze did massive damage, and bursted Adria down. However, it was also extremely weak to damage. It helped against Tremane but probably wasn't the deciding factor.

I had this stormy aeras for a while but it failed to live up to my shock expectations. It was pretty weak.

Miodchaoin was a good defensive option against the Eliminator Basilisks. Also did good damage through the run.

On the final floor, I ran into a manageable pack of Imbued Ya-te-veo, a near-immortal Tremane, and finally the deadly pack of Eliminator Basilisks and Abatwa sitting directly on the portal. Running from the corridor and into open field allowed me to secure their deaths. I actually don't know how a basilisk died, but it made the fight more manageable.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 11/26/2018, Scoring Model: 11/9/2018
Dump file created at: 2/18/2019 10:36:28 PM

Summoner Putrid...
was chosen by the Crown of Glory,
selected Healing as their starting element,
has earned a score of 41896,
is currently at Tower:23,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Putrid
Level: 26
MaxHP: 143
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 15
Magic   : 90
Vitality: 55
Agility : 10
Cunning : 10

Resist: Body
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
2) Fireball (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Frost Arrow (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
4) Wrath (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
5) Battle Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) Bright Blood (Type: Healing, Passive. Increases natural HP regeneration and MaxHP recovery from earning experience by 200%.)
7) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
8) Iron Will (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces the duration of Debuff status effects applied to you by 50%.)

Relic Upgrades:
Capacity Up II (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 8 at once.)
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Consume Demon (Unlocks the Consume Demon transmuation, which lets you reduce an allied demon's MaxHP to 1 to restore your own HP, SP, and MaxHP as a free action. Results are based on the demon's current MaxHP.)

Inventory:
7 Pure stone
7 Chakra stone
5 Heal stone
2 Meteor rune
3 Calm card
1 Tempest rune
1 Venom rune
1 Ghost chime
3 Chakra gem
1 Red essence
1 Heart glyph
1 Zephyr card
2 Might gem
3 Peace offering
1 Blizzard rune
1 Heal gem
1 Pain glyph
1 Frost glyph
1 Mirror chime

Current Credits: 26990

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        3          0          0          8*         1         
Impact       1          0          2          6*         1         
Pierce       0          0          1          7*         1         
Fire         3*         0          3          3*         3         
Ice          2*         0          4          4*         1         
Electricity  0          0          1          8*         0         
Body         0          0          4*         3          2         
Mind         4          0          2          5*         2         
Matter       2          0          1          5*         3         
Light        1*         1          1          5*         2         
Dark         1          1          0          5          3*         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Lifegiver Nero
Level: 20
MaxHP: 110
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 19
Magic   : 47
Vitality: 47
Agility : 18
Cunning : 14

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleansing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Body status effects by 0.5 turns.)
4) Relieving Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Matter status effects (except Harden) by 0.5 turns.)
5) Uncursing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, reduce the duration of your and all visible allies' Debuff status effects by 1 turn.)
6) Normalize (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Removes Ignite, Chill, and Shock. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
7) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
8) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)

Name : Miodchaoin
Level: 23
MaxHP: 112

Strength: 58
Magic   : 19
Vitality: 45
Agility : 19
Cunning : 19

Resist: Body Matter
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Smash (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Mighty Roar (Type: Impact, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 50% chance to inflict Stun, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Breath (6))
3) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 30 SP and resets your Breath and Charge cooldowns. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (4))
4) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 25% of their maximum HP.)
5) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding status effects and reactions).)
6) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
7) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)

Name : Anzu
Level: 25

Strength: 31
Magic   : 43
Vitality: 43
Agility : 30
Cunning : 23

Resist: Fire Ice Electricity
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Acid Breath (Type: Matter, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time. Cooldown: Breath (5))
4) Dragon Soul (Type: None, Passive. Your abilities that use your current SP to determine their effect use your maximum SP instead, if this would be to your benefit.)
5) Inhale (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 5 SP and reduces your Breath and Charge cooldowns by 2 turns.)
6) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
7) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) ------------

Name : Whirling Ooze
Level: 27
MaxHP: 67

Strength: 18
Vitality: 11
Agility : 59
Cunning : 45

Resist: Impact Pierce Body
Weak  : Fire Ice Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Liquefying Touch (Type: Matter, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
2) Consuming Touch (Type: Matter, 10 SP. 70 Power attack, +45 Power if the target is Melting. Heals the user for 66% of the damage dealt.)
3) Acidic Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 35% chance to Melt adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time.)
4) Corrosive Vapor (Type: Debuff, Passive. Attempts to inflict Melting on non-immune targets also have a 50% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20%.)
5) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
6) Slash Dance (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack, enemies only. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (2))
7) Frigid Squall (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
8) Burning Vapor (Type: Fire, Passive. Attempts to inflict Melting on non-immune targets also have a 70% chance to briefly inflict Ignite, causing damage over time.)

Name : Shoggoth
Level: 25
MaxHP: 107

Strength: 48
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 48
Agility : 27
Cunning : 34

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
2) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
3) Counterattack (Type: Slash, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 55 Power attack.)
4) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
5) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
6) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 25% of their maximum HP.)
7) Restore (Type: Healing, 20 SP. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Restore (5))
8) Templar's Arc (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)

Name : Ninkasi
MaxHP: 101

Strength: 21
Magic   : 35
Vitality: 34
Agility : 45
Cunning : 45

Resist: Ice Body Mind
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (4))
2) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
3) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
4) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
8) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)

Name : Baphomet
Level: 28
MaxHP: 112

Strength: 14
Magic   : 68
Vitality: 29
Agility : 22
Cunning : 52

Immune: Dark
Resist: Fire Mind Light
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Malice (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
2) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
3) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
4) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
5) Inspire (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Cannot target a character disabled by a status effect. Gives the target an extra turn immediately.)
6) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
7) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
8) ------------

Name : Unicorn
MaxHP: 105

Strength: 32
Magic   : 51
Vitality: 36
Agility : 32
Cunning : 29

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
2) Panacea (Type: Healing, 30 SP. Removes all negative status effects.)
3) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
4) Vigorous Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, restores 1 SP to you and all visible allies.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Baphomet focuses inward.
 Baphomet looks healthier.
 Baphomet looks refreshed.
 Baphomet stares at the abatwa.
 Baphomet simmers! The abatwa is set on fire!
 Baphomet smites the abatwa.
 Miodchaoin smashes the abatwa.
 Miodchaoin looks refreshed.
 The abatwa exhales a gritty cloud.
 The abatwa scours Baphomet.
 The abatwa scours Miodchaoin.
 It isn't very effective.
 The abatwa scours you.
 The abatwa scours your nero.
 It's super effective!
 You are turning to stone!
 Your nero is turning to stone!
 The abatwa dies!! Baphomet reaches Level 28!
 Miodchaoin chows down on the abatwa.
 It's super effective!
 Miodchaoin looks healthier.
 You pick up the small cache.
 Your relic absorbs 228 C.
 Your nero gestures at Baphomet.
 Baphomet begins to regenerate!
 You begin resting.
 You are petrified!
 Your nero is petrified!
 Baphomet is no longer regenerating.
 You are no longer petrified.
 Your nero is no longer petrified.
 You stop resting (input received.)
 You begin resting.
 Rest complete, but you must defeat enemies to
 restore your allies' missing Maximum HP.
 Your game has been saved.
 You may press shift + Q to quit the game and
 resume where you left off later.
 There is a corpse here. You can press 'g' to
 search the corpse.
 Travel halted.
 Your relic absorbs 238 C.
 Your relic absorbs 246 C.
 There is a shimmering portal to Victory here.
 Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change levels.
 Really win the game and start a new cycle? (Y or
 N)
 You win!

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Whirling Ghoul
Level: 17
MaxHP: 77

Strength: 33
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 21
Agility : 40
Cunning : 28

Weak  : Fire Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Numbing Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
3) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 25% of their maximum HP.)
4) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
5) Counterattack (Type: Slash, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 55 Power attack.)
6) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
7) Restore (Type: Healing, 20 SP. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Restore (5))
8) Iron Core (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces the duration of Fire, Ice, and Electricity status effects (except Shock) applied to you by 50%. Reduces your chance to be Shocked by 50% of the original chance.)

Name : Frenzied Ehlose
MaxHP: 82

Strength: 45
Vitality: 42
Agility : 18
Cunning : 17

Immune: Body
Resist: Ice Electricity Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
2) Warning Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
3) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
4) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
5) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
6) Templar's Arc (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
Level: 13
MaxHP: 81

Strength: 18
Magic   : 32
Agility : 12
Cunning : 12

Resist: Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
5) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
8) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)

Name : Sainted Druj nasu
MaxHP: 83

Strength: 9
Magic   : 38
Vitality: 28
Agility : 9
Cunning : 61

Immune: Body Light
Resist: Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
2) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 20 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 85% chance to Infect an enemy near the target, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Foul Aura (Type: Body, Reactive. Each standard turn, has an 8% chance to Infect enemies, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
5) Sanction (Type: Light, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was a magical ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (6))
6) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Stormy Aeras
MaxHP: 70

Strength: 12
Magic   : 45
Vitality: 12
Agility : 35
Cunning : 26

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Ice Matter
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Emit Sparks (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. Targets up to 3 random enemies. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
2) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)
3) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Zealous Aura (Type: Light, Reactive. Each standard turn, has an 8% chance to apply Guilt to enemies, healing those who damage them (excluding reactions).)
5) Full Power (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 200% of the original chance when your SP is 100 or higher. (This is checked before casting costs are deducted.))
6) Shocking Aura (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Each standard turn, has a 4% chance to Shock enemies, causing them to miss their next turn.)
8) Thunderous (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also has a 70% chance to delay the next turn of nearby enemies.)

Name : Shikigami
Level: 19
MaxHP: 71

Strength: 11
Magic   : 40
Vitality: 16
Agility : 34
Cunning : 39

Resist: Impact Ice Dark
Weak  : Slash Fire Light Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Spite (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Cull (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
4) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Jinn
Level: 22
MaxHP: 85

Strength: 25
Magic   : 44
Vitality: 31
Agility : 24
Cunning : 31

Immune: Fire
Resist: Dark Matter
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fireball (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Disable Mind (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged. Cannot miss.)
4) Combustive Aura (Type: Fire, Reactive. Each standard turn, has an 8% chance to Ignite enemies, causing damage over a short duration.)
5) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Bonnachon
Level: 21

Strength: 39
Magic   : 30
Vitality: 39
Cunning : 30

Resist: Fire Ice Body Matter
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Smash (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
3) Acid Breath (Type: Matter, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time. Cooldown: Breath (5))
4) Burning Vapor (Type: Fire, Passive. Attempts to inflict Melting on non-immune targets also have a 70% chance to briefly inflict Ignite, causing damage over time.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

SummerSnowman

Postby Saler » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:03 pm

That seems too be a very good party defensivly... plus Anzu and Ooze. Those two aren't all that defensive. The main problem is having quite a few mid-tower demons. You might've went a bit too heavy on healers - as the result, you have two highly defensive demons and two that might not last long enough to get much healing, although that could be enough. You could've used another reliable frontliner or a non-healer support demon, although this seems viable too.
I prefer to stick to two frontliners, primary healer, magic user that's also asecondary healer, support orriented (buffs or status effects) and some other demon, ussually with some support abilities too. Although my last run was different, having several secondary healers. It seemed like a good idea for a fire build.
Saler

Postby Ferret » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:33 pm

Bigfoot rage is basically perma-Heroism for him. I'm surprised he didn't cause you more trouble. :D

Threatening violence can actually be a good option, but circumstances are important. It helps if you definitively have the remaining demons outnumbered, it helps if they're much more injured on average than you and your party, and it helps if the specific demon you're dealing with isn't a particularly aggressive-minded demon ability set wise. If enough of these factors are leaning your way, it can actually give Successes, rather than Failure or absolute failure.

Congrats on the wins, and thanks for posting the reports. :D
Ferret

Postby SummerSnowman » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:45 am

Got another win, this time using non-unique demons to try and get a really good relic wraith team. I just needed a death worm to try and fuse the last member of my party. Unfortunately, my Peluda died to relic wraith Cat with a vapor build that I thought I could defeat. On tower 22, the battle was in a corridor corner so I had the advantage. This time, it was an open field so I took too much damage. I defeated the ghost, but the units later killed mine because I was too greedy and didn't use a second heal gem.

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 3/6/2019 5:16:43 PM

Summoner Devourer...
has earned a score of 68811,
is currently at Tower:23,
and is still alive!

Name : Devourer
Level: 33
MaxHP: 191

Strength: 10
Magic   : 90
Vitality: 90
Cunning : 15

Abilities Known:
2) Agony (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies without the Agony status effect. 70 Power attack. Applies Agony. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
3) Shock Arrow (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
4) Chilling Blast (Type: Ice, 15 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
5) Battle Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) Burning Star (Type: Fire, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
7) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
8) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))

Relic Upgrades:
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)
Capacity Up III (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 9 at once.)

Inventory:
4 Peace offering
4 Calm card
1 Zephyr card
2 Ghost chime
4 Pain glyph
2 Heal gem
14 Chakra stone
7 Heal stone
2 Flame glyph
3 Frost glyph
1 Magic map
7 Pure stone
2 White essence
1 Bronze offering
2 Red essence
1 Might gem
2 Pure gem
3 Meteor rune
1 Chakra gem
3 Heart glyph
1 Trouble chime
1 Guardian gem
1 Bolt glyph
1 Curse rune

Current Credits: 8080

Slash        1          0          0          9*         1         
Impact       1          0          1          9*         0         
Pierce       2          0          1          9*         0         
Fire         3*         1          3          3*         3         
Ice          2*         0          4          4*         2         
Electricity  1*         0          4          3*         3         
Body         2          2          4*         3          1         
Mind         3          2          2          6*         0         
Matter       2          1          2          6*         1         
Light        1          1          2          6*         1         
Dark         2*         0          2          6          2*         

MaxHP: 106

Strength: 23
Magic   : 43
Vitality: 47
Agility : 16
Cunning : 16

Abilities Known:
2) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
5) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
6) War Soul (Type: Healing, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by restoring 10 of your SP.)
7) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
8) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)

Name : Foul Charlie
Level: 30
MaxHP: 100

Strength: 22
Magic   : 41
Vitality: 22
Agility : 31
Cunning : 79

Immune: Body Mind Matter
Resist: Ice
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
2) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents who are at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
3) Stone (Type: Matter, 30 SP. 50% chance to inflict Harden, which quickly turns the target to Stone.)
4) Dolor (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. Has an 85% chance to reduces offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 20% and a 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%. Cooldown: Miracle (1))
5) Expose Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
6) Toxic Vapor (Type: Body, Passive. Attempts to inflict Melting on non-immune targets also have a 50% chance to briefly inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
7) Blinding Vapor (Type: Matter, Passive. Attempts to inflict Melting on non-immune targets also have a 20% chance to briefly inflict Blind, which reduces sight radius to 1 and also reduces accuracy and evasion by 50%.)
8) Acid Burst (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)

Name : Pele
MaxHP: 120

Magic   : 75
Vitality: 35
Cunning : 27

Immune: Fire
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 10% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
5) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
6) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)

Name : Hulking Ehlose

Strength: 60
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 55
Agility : 25
Cunning : 24

Resist: Ice Electricity Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
2) Bull Rush (Type: Impact, 10 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Accursed (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Pariah, causing the target's allies to take damage when the target does (excluding reactions).)
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Tangler (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
6) Witch's Arc (Type: Slash, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt by 50%.)
7) Wild Frenzy (Type: Impact, 20 SP. One, two, or three (equal odds) 33 Power attacks per target.)
8) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)

Name : Fearsome Peluda
Level: 31
MaxHP: 111

Strength: 40
Magic   : 91
Vitality: 24
Agility : 21
Cunning : 24

Resist: Impact Pierce Fire Matter
Weak  : Slash Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
2) Dragon Soul (Type: None, Passive. Your abilities that use your current SP to determine their effect use your maximum SP instead, if this would be to your benefit.)
3) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents who are at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
6) Acid Breath (Type: Matter, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time. Cooldown: Breath (5))
7) Frost Ring (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
8) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))

Name : Wise Catoblepas
Level: 33
MaxHP: 91

Strength: 62
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 40
Agility : 23
Cunning : 72

Immune: Mind
Resist: Fire Ice Body Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
2) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Arrow Shot (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 85 Power attack.)
4) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
6) Bolt Spray (Type: Pierce, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack.)
7) Terrifying (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
8) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)

Name : Brewmaster Unicorn
MaxHP: 107

Strength: 26
Magic   : 56
Vitality: 35
Agility : 26
Cunning : 37

Resist: Body Mind

Abilities Known:
2) Panacea (Type: Healing, 30 SP. Removes all negative status effects.)
3) Healing Aura (Type: Healing, Reactive. Each standard turn, grants a 10 Power heal to you and all visible allies.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) War Soul (Type: Healing, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by restoring 10 of your SP.)
6) Vile Dance (Type: Body, 20 SP. 85% chance to apply Infection to enemies, which prevents most HP and SP recovery. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (4))
7) Madness Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)

Name : Mysterious Civatateo
Level: 31
MaxHP: 105

Strength: 16
Magic   : 82
Agility : 25
Cunning : 55

Resist: Fire Ice Body Light Dark
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Inquisition (Type: Light, 35 SP. 70% chance to inflict Guilt on enemy targets, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
2) Life Drain (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
3) Light Veil (Type: Light, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
4) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
5) Goad (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was not a damaging ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
6) Hex (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 70% chance to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt by 50%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Hunter Abatwa
MaxHP: 117

Strength: 26
Magic   : 20
Agility : 56
Cunning : 49

Resist: Electricity Mind
Weak  : Fire Ice Body Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Poison Needle (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
6) Terrifying (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

The tuofei makes a brief gesture.
 The tuofei freezes your peluda.
 The tuofei freezes your catoblepas.
 It isn't very effective.
 The tuofei freezes your death worm.
 It's super effective!
 The tuofei freezes your gandayah.
 The tuofei freezes you.
 The tuofei looks refreshed.
 The tuofei looks healthier.
 The tuofei gestures widely.
 The tuofei freezes your peluda.
 The tuofei freezes your catoblepas.
 It isn't very effective.
 The tuofei freezes your death worm.
 It's super effective!
 The tuofei freezes your gandayah.
 The tuofei freezes you.
 Your peluda will be shivering longer!
 Your catoblepas will be shivering longer!
 Your death worm will be shivering longer!
 Your gandayah will be shivering longer!
 You feel like you will be cold longer!
 The tuofei looks refreshed.
 The tuofei looks healthier.
 Your relic preserves your gandayah's life!
 The kuchisake slashes your peluda.
 It's super effective!
 Your relic preserves your peluda's life!
 The umdhlebi unleashes a burst of acidic vapor.
 You begin to melt!
 Your peluda can speak again.
 Using wind card...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute, Escape to
 cancel.
 You use the wind card.
 There is a shimmering portal to Victory here.
 Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change levels.
 Your catoblepas is no longer regenerating.
 Your catoblepas gazes at the tuofei.
 Your power returns to normal.
 Your catoblepas' power returns to normal.
 Your death worm's power returns to normal.
 Your gandayah's power returns to normal.
 Your peluda's power returns to normal.
 The kuchisake slashes your death worm.
 Really win the game and start a new cycle? (Y or
 N)
 You win!

Name : Destroyer Druj nasu
Level: 16
MaxHP: 73

Strength: 8
Cunning : 51

Immune: Body Matter
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
2) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 20 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 85% chance to Infect an enemy near the target, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Foul Aura (Type: Body, Reactive. Each standard turn, has an 8% chance to Infect enemies, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
5) Acid Burst (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
6) Petra Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 10% chance to inflict Harden on adjacent characters that deal damage to you, quickly turning them to Stone.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Anzu
Level: 24
MaxHP: 106

Strength: 30
Magic   : 41
Vitality: 41

Resist: Fire Ice Electricity
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
4) Dragon Soul (Type: None, Passive. Your abilities that use your current SP to determine their effect use your maximum SP instead, if this would be to your benefit.)
5) Inhale (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. Restores 5 SP and reduces your Breath and Charge cooldowns by 2 turns.)
7) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents who are at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
8) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))

Name : Polong
MaxHP: 84

Magic   : 49
Cunning : 56

Resist: Mind Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Major Pain (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Has two 70% chances to delay the next turn of the target. Cannot miss.)
2) Wither (Type: Debuff, 30 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense and accuracy by 20%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Anansi
MaxHP: 98

Magic   : 37
Agility : 45
Cunning : 60

Immune: Mind
Resist: Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Muddle (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
2) Wrap Host (Type: Matter, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Relieving Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
6) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
8) ------------

Name : Ninkasi
MaxHP: 104

Strength: 21
Magic   : 36
Agility : 46
Cunning : 46

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
2) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (6))
3) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
6) Vile Dance (Type: Body, 20 SP. 85% chance to apply Infection to enemies, which prevents most HP and SP recovery. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (4))
7) Set Alight (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)

Name : Baphomet
Level: 29
MaxHP: 114

Magic   : 69
Vitality: 30
Agility : 22
Cunning : 54

Immune: Dark
Resist: Fire Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Malice (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
2) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
3) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
4) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
5) Inspire (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Cannot target a character disabled by a status effect. Gives the target an extra turn immediately.)
6) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used while Muted. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
7) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)

Name : Brucha
MaxHP: 99

Strength: 47
Magic   : 15
Vitality: 31
Agility : 79

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Bolt Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Bolt Spray (Type: Pierce, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack.)
3) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
4) Vitalize (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Briefly bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Artemis
Level: 21
MaxHP: 94

Strength: 36
Agility : 48
Cunning : 30

Resist: Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
2) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (6))
6) Needle Spray (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. Attenuated 55 Power attack.)
7) Arrow Shot (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 85 Power attack.)

Name : Yuki-onna
Level: 29
MaxHP: 104

Strength: 30
Magic   : 58
Vitality: 30
Cunning : 42

Immune: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Icebreaker (Type: Ice, Passive. Your attacks that damage Chilled targets also deal a 70 Power Ice attack if the additional damage would be fatal to the target.)
6) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))
7) Frost Armor (Type: Ice, Passive. When your last action was an Ice ability, you have 25% improved defense.)
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

Name : Acheri
MaxHP: 70

Magic   : 26
Agility : 31
Cunning : 42

Resist: Ice Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vile Dance (Type: Body, 20 SP. 85% chance to apply Infection to enemies, which prevents most HP and SP recovery. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (4))
2) Retch (Type: Body, 10 SP. Must target a character with Infection, Poison, or Paralysis. 40 Power attack. Delays target's next turn, and adds 2 turns of Breath and Charge cooldowns. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Weaken (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
4) Set Alight (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
5) Acid Wash (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
6) Toxic Vapor (Type: Body, Passive. Attempts to inflict Melting on non-immune targets also have a 50% chance to briefly inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
7) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
8) Blinding Vapor (Type: Matter, Passive. Attempts to inflict Melting on non-immune targets also have a 20% chance to briefly inflict Blind, which reduces sight radius to 1 and also reduces accuracy and evasion by 50%.)

Name : Maj. Ghoul

Strength: 34
Vitality: 27
Agility : 38

Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 25% of their maximum HP.)
2) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
3) Wild Frenzy (Type: Impact, 20 SP. One, two, or three (equal odds) 33 Power attacks per target.)
4) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
6) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
7) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)

Found Madevra immediately in Anomaly:3, and easily killed her using Ukobach with Acid Wash, Toxic Vapor, and Set Alight. Luckily, Headless took 4 hits without getting guilted.

Tower 14, I discover Losten, a relic wraith with a destroyer Kaw Kaw. :o but it's level 22. I fight it but take massive damage due to pink whispers and my Gandayah refusing to calm them, instead choosing to heal a yellow-health Pele. I swap them out, use pure gems and stones, and manage to deal good damage to their party, losing Akateko, and Hulking Ehlose in the process. I retreat, heal up, use more pure stones to restore Gandayah, and finish off Losten. The kaw kaw pops out... and dies immediately to an akateko, with the only one on board being his ally akateko. :?: :?: :cry:

Next floor, I find Breska and his party of powerful demons, Baphomet included. He runs at me and does lots of damage to me and my Gandayah, I am forced to sacrifice Ninkasi to retreat. Then, I use pure gems and stones to restore my Gandayah's health to a less risky amount. I run back in, Breska jumps at me, and I chilling blast him down until he dies. I then retreat again, recruit Baphomet, and finish off the rest of his demons in a corridor.

I find Phoenix later on but don't bother attempting the link because of its danger. I also kill off Medusa and Baba Yaga as well.

Around floors 16-20, I recruit a Peluda and a Catoblepas. I also find Anansi, and fuse a Fearsome Peluda with breaths and Frost Ring, and a Wise Catoblepas who would hopefully get dirty needles from the Hunter modifier later on. These two demons did huge amounts of damage, forcing me to use heal stones to heal Anansi. They wiped out Slenderman in three turns before I killed the Ikiryo. Then, I find Jayle and she has Reprobus who I can't link with because there's no Mordecai. :( She dies to my main damage dealers: Pele, Peluda, and Catoblepas. Antoria was the final threat before tier 3 demons, and he died through Pele, Artemis, Catoblepas, and Ehlose who resist his lightning, fire, and dark attacks. Unicorn was lost along with 3 heal gems. I probably should have used a might gem, with its free haste. I also found a relic wraith with tons of charm which caused me to run away with a wind card. They almost brought my maxHP down, but I made sure to pump vitality since I didn't go for soul armor. I see now that charm is incredibly dangerous even for those with calm.

In this run, my Fearsome Peluda and my Wise Catoblepas were fusions I decided to try because of their massive statline. The Peluda's 50 magic and breath attacks meant that it could do high burst damage like Anzu with Innocence, letting me replace him. However, getting frost ring made it really good for killing everything it encountered.
I wanted the Catoblepas to be a Hunter at first, but thought that Wise would be a better modifier for inflicting debuffs since it gets extra speed and more cunning. I waited too long to fuse a Hunter Abatwa, and rolled with only venomous for a while, even though I could have copied some passives over from Ehlose. Its strength gave it great damage, and Intent allowed it to actually hit attacks even with its terrible agility. It did manage to apply debuffs reliably, so I do think that this is a good unit. However, it can be a bit weak in melee combat and have problems with SP.

Charlie was once again extremely good for crippling enemies. I replaced his over-costed Panic abilities with a vapor build, except I couldn't recruit too many vapor units. :( This time, I also had an Ehlose from a relic wraith with many on-hit debuffs. It served as a good meatshield. Witch's Arc was an incredibly good ability, and was probably better than wild frenzy for applying Hex.

From personal experience, jump skills haven't been that good on demons. On the summoner, mobility and swiftness allows you to easily retreat from bad fights or to heal up. On demons, they can get to the fight faster which is great for melee, but less useful for ranged. However, jump or charge skills like Bull Rush or Leap Attack have mostly managed to make my demons die faster. Sure, they do great burst damage with AoE attacks but it takes them out of range of support healing and additional units beside it to soak up damage. That damage is still good even if it hits less targets or has less damage from attenuation. The demon just gets focused down and I have to recall it in a turn or two.
SummerSnowman

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:26 pm

Congrats on the win! :D

Re: the low level Kaw Kaw you found on a Relic Wraith: Relic Wraiths have a few controls built in to make sure things don't get crazy. :) One of them is that their demons don't get to be much higher level than they are, even if this means the demon has to be lower level than is normally possible.

Calm is decent against small amounts of Mind effects, but if you're getting spammed with them, one Calmer may not be enough to keep your head above water, since even with Calm you're still losing time each time you have to throw it... which the spamming source can use to re-apply the effect. It depends somewhat on what else is going on, but yeah, Calm doesn't solve everything when it comes to dangerous Mind effects. :D

Somehow I'm not surprised to learn Frost Ring was being used on a high DPS demon. :P I can't believe I used to let summoners *start* with that thing. :)

Something that may be worth trying with jump attacks and demons, though it requires a bit of a different approach to party construction, is going with a team that is heavy on them across the board, rather than just having one designated melee using them. This usually requires hybrid demons who are decent at both melee and magic, specifically healing... in essence, so that some of the charging/haunting/dashing horde can provide healing to each other. :D This is also a case where things like Soothing Cut can become more useful.

Thanks for the report, and congrats again on the win. :)
Ferret

Postby Saler » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:50 pm

That's a pretty strong party. A lot of status effects and damage, although from the sound of it it might've lacked a bit defensively. Other minor problems is having underdeveloped and underleveled demons, although with expanded capacity it's probably not too bad.
Saler

Postby SummerSnowman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:40 am

You're right that some of my demons were underdeveloped. Honestly, I mostly just forget to properly equip them with abilities and roll with the other demons that work. This time, I felt like I didn't have the credits to comfortably splurge on builds for each demon, even though I probably did. Instead, I was looking for one last fusion at the end.

In regards to a team full of jumpers, I think that might work well. I do remember that my Ghoul had a much easier time staying in fights when my Ehlose was able to run up next to it quickly. Perhaps three jumpers could turn the tides fast enough, while I sit in the back and heal. Debuffs or a shock build might also be great for this playstyle.

Speaking of credits, I wonder if anyone has some good data for determining the benefit ratios of taking Fusion Saver, Copy Saver, Recycle, and/or S.E.P.I. as the first and second relic. I think that summoners reach level 5 around floor 4, with a few sanctums, and I usually get S.E.P.I. here but maybe recycle would be better. For the second relic, Fusion Saver could save me at least 8k credits if I used it liberally like I did last game. Copy saver could save me 5.5k, but my math might be wrong. Therefore, recycle would need sacrifices of around 8 over-leveled demons from corpse encounters to match fusion saver, which seems quite manageable. Haven't considered taking them first, though. I believe that summoners reach level 15 around floor 12? Really not sure. If so, then S.E.P.I should give an extra 3k credits at the start at the bare minimum. Recycle might still beat it as the first upgrade.

Started a new run that managed to secure strong uniques and went into Anomaly in search for out of depth demons. I got them. In Python's Sanctum , I found an ooze and linked with it. When the link started to fail, I tried to use a silver offering, but it didn't work. :( :o I ran away, in search of peace offerings, but there were none to be found. So, I had to kill it. Then, I continued onwards and found a bronze offering, making my greed seem even more foolish. I clear the level... and another ooze appeared in a two-demon pack! :D I manage to secure it using the bronze offering. What a fickle turn of events. ;)

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 3/8/2019 5:36:47 PM

Summoner Log...
has earned a score of 4714,
is currently at Anomaly:3,
and is still alive!

Name : Log
Level: 9
MaxHP: 66

Magic   : 40
Vitality: 20
Cunning : 10

Abilities Known:
2) Stellar Ray (Type: Light, 30 SP. 55 Power attack, enemies only. 80 Power heal, allies only.)
3) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
4) Shock Arrow (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) Flash Burn (Type: Fire, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Absorbing Touch (Type: Matter, 5 SP. 55 Power attack, +45 Power if the target is Melting. Heals the user for 66% of the damage dealt.)
7) Acidic Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 35% chance to Melt adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time.)
8) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)

Relic Upgrades:
Capacity Up II (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 8 at once.)

Inventory:
2 Pain glyph
1 Frost glyph
4 Chakra stone
1 Silver offering
1 Mirror chime
7 Heal stone
3 Pure stone
1 Bolt glyph
1 Flame glyph
1 Venom rune
1 Zephyr card
1 Green essence
2 Heal gem
1 White essence

Current Credits: 6033

Slash        2          0          1          7*         1         
Impact       3          0          2          6*         1         
Pierce       1          0          1          6*         2         
Fire         2*         0          1          5*         3         
Ice          0          0          1          5*         3         
Electricity  1*         0          4          4*         1         
Body         0          0          5*         4          0         
Mind         2          0          1          7*         1         
Matter       3*         0          2          5*         2         
Light        2*         1          2          6*         0         
Dark         1          0          2          5          2*         

Name : Artemis
MaxHP: 55

Strength: 22
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 12
Agility : 29
Cunning : 18

Resist: Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
3) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) ------------

Name : Vikhor
MaxHP: 45

Magic   : 14
Vitality: 14
Cunning : 18

Resist: Ice Electricity Mind Matter
Weak  : Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Spin Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Also considered a movement ability.)
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) Cleave (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
6) Parry (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to parry Melee, Beam, and Direct range Slash, Impact, and Pierce abilities if your last used ability was also such.)
7) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (6))
8) ------------

Level: 8
MaxHP: 62

Magic   : 25
Vitality: 28
Agility : 9
Cunning : 9

Abilities Known:
2) Relief (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Blind, Melting, Harden, Stone, and Held.)
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
7) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) ------------

Name : Angel
Level: 12
MaxHP: 56

Strength: 17
Agility : 21

Resist: Fire Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
5) Acid Wash (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
6) Set Alight (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
7) Materia Siphon (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 40 Power attack, +45 Power if the target is Melting. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
8) Halo (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))

Name : Friar Rush
MaxHP: 55

Magic   : 18
Vitality: 26
Cunning : 22

Resist: Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Slap Silly (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized.)
2) Emit Void (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
3) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
5) Quiet Prayer (Type: None, 0 SP. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 2 turns. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
6) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents who are at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
7) Weaken (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
8) ------------

Name : Brutal Ogre
MaxHP: 58

Strength: 32
Agility : 13
Cunning : 8

Weak  : Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 25% of their maximum HP.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding status effects and reactions).)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) Focusbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
6) Wild Frenzy (Type: Impact, 20 SP. One, two, or three (equal odds) 33 Power attacks per target.)
7) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
8) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))

Name : Python
Level: 10
MaxHP: 72

Strength: 25
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 33
Agility : 11
Cunning : 19

Resist: Slash Impact Electricity Body

Abilities Known:
1) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
2) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Tangler (Type: Matter, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Held, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
4) Tangling Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 35% chance to inflict Held on adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which reduces accuracy, evasion, and movement speed (can stack three times.))
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
6) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ooze
MaxHP: 53

Agility : 38
Cunning : 38

Resist: Impact Pierce Body

Abilities Known:
1) Liquefying Touch (Type: Matter, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
2) Consuming Touch (Type: Matter, 10 SP. 70 Power attack, +45 Power if the target is Melting. Heals the user for 66% of the damage dealt.)
3) Acidic Veil (Type: Matter, Reactive. 35% chance to Melt adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time.)
4) Corrosive Vapor (Type: Debuff, Passive. Attempts to inflict Melting on non-immune targets also have a 50% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20%.)
5) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Python's power returns to normal.
 The chaos blinks.
 Your defense returns to normal.
 Your angel gestures at the chaos.
 The chaos begins to melt!
 Your angel's power returns to normal.
 Using Stellar Ray...
 cancel.
 You emit a beam of starlight.
 You miss the chaos.
 The chaos drains your gandayah.
 The chaos looks healthier.
 Your gandayah gestures at itself.
 Your gandayah looks healthier. The chaos blinks.
 Your angel smites the chaos.
 It's super effective!
 Python hammers the chaos.
 Python kills the chaos!!
 Python looks refreshed. The chaos blinks.
 You cannot rest in combat!
 Your angel gestures at itself.
 Your angel looks protected!
 You cannot rest in combat!
 You don't have enough SP to use Stellar Ray.
 The chaos blinks. Your angel smites the chaos.
 It's super effective!
 Using Absorbing Touch...
 cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 The chaos blinks.
 Using Absorbing Touch...
 cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Your angel smites the chaos.
 It's super effective!
 Your angel kills the chaos!!
 You begin resting.
 You gesture at your gandayah.
 Your gandayah looks healthier.
 Your angel's defense returns to normal.
 Rest complete.
 Your game has been saved.
 You may press shift + Q to quit the game and
 resume where you left off later.

Name : Vile Preta
Level: 2
MaxHP: 34

Strength: 8
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 6
Cunning : 17

Weak  : Fire Ice Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
4) Envenom (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Poison Breath (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times). Cooldown: Breath (5))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Echeneis
Level: 5
MaxHP: 44

Magic   : 16
Vitality: 20
Agility : 14
Cunning : 9

Resist: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
2) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Corpo-seco
MaxHP: 50

Magic   : 11
Agility : 5
Cunning : 21

Weak  : Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Materia Siphon (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 40 Power attack, +45 Power if the target is Melting. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
2) Set Alight (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Acid Wash (Type: Matter, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Homunculus
MaxHP: 45

Magic   : 14
Vitality: 14
Agility : 14
Cunning : 14

Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Slime
Level: 6
MaxHP: 57

Agility : 6
Cunning : 15

Weak  : Pierce Ice Body Light Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Dissolving Touch (Type: Matter, 5 SP. 55 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Melting, causing damage over time.)
2) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
3) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (6))
4) Malleable (Type: Healing, Passive. Improves natural HP regeneration and healing received (including from the Regen status effect) by 25%. Does not affect healing received based on dealing damage.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Red cap
MaxHP: 44

Magic   : 9
Vitality: 15

Abilities Known:
1) Feral Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Throw Rock (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (3))
3) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) Block Impact (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Impact attacks.)
6) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Cursed Asrai
MaxHP: 42

Strength: 4
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 6
Agility : 16
Cunning : 27

Immune: Ice
Weak  : Fire Matter

Abilities Known:
1) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
2) Frost Dart (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly.)
3) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed slightly. Cannot miss.)
4) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 10%.)
5) Weaken (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
6) Withering Grasp (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense and accuracy by 20%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Holy Will o' wisp
MaxHP: 40

Magic   : 19
Agility : 19
Cunning : 25

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Light
Weak  : Electricity Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Pierce (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Moves you to different, randomly selected, position adjacent to the target.)
2) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
4) Argent Dart (Type: Light, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. If the attack hits, grants a 80 Power heal to you or a nearby ally.)
5) Halo (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
6) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents who are at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
7) Weaken (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
8) ------------

Out-of-depth demons vary a lot in appearance. I once saw two dipsas in Arcadia. Ghouls can appear in Tower 1.5. Gorgons in Arcadia are extremely deadly. Nokken and Ooze in Anomaly are pretty easy to kill, and the ooze is decently easy to recruit if the level has been cleared. Kaw kaw from Anomaly is a ridiculous demon in many ways, but it wastes time on weigh sin so it might be manageable to kill. Raiju can also appear but I don't think I've seen one. Then, it seems like Angels always appear in Rush's sanctum, and one is usually in a single pack in the place. Sometimes, there are two, and one might be alone. Haven't seen an archangel yet. Then, Eye Killers can show up in Anzu's Sanctum as well. A pack of mummies can also appear in Turdak's Sanctum. I think that's all the information I have on OOD demons, but there's probably more, right?
SummerSnowman

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion