Do u have any "steam" plan?

The tower awaits!

Do u have any "steam" plan?

Postby summonerd » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:21 pm

I want to spread this great roguelike game.
summonerd

Re: Do u have any "steam" plan?

Postby Ferret » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:47 pm

Hey summonerd, and welcome to the forum. :D I'm glad you think Demon is great, thank you! :D

I appreciate that you want to share Demon more easily, but at the moment, I don't have any plans to go on Steam. I suspect the general Steam audience would end up slamming me with pretty iffy reviews over what I fully admit is a pretty rough UI by Steam standards (though not necessarily by roguelike standards.) Additionally, with how busy work is, my update rate/responsiveness is slower than it'd probably need to be for a reasonable Steam presence.

So yeah, at present, Demon is probably better served by staying off Steam: that way I can focus what time I do have on fun stuff people already accepting of its "good for a roguelike" UI can enjoy. :D

If you want to share the game, the itch.io link ( https://ferretdev.itch.io/demon ) offers the easiest downloading option. (It does ask for a donation, but it is optional: as I've said in the past, I will never require a money payment for any part of Demon. :D )

Thanks again for the kind words, and good luck in the Tower!
Ferret

Postby summonerd » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:25 am

ty for reply.
I get the point. Keep making a good game better in your rhythm, gl :D
summonerd

Postby Tchey » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:52 am

Yep

For me, i'd say : indi > itch.io > Humble > Steam > GoG, GoG being the last one of the "big ones" because of it lacks of Linux love (ie, no Galaxy yet despite thousands of +1).
* Mon blog indécent sur les jeux indé... Jeux1d100.net *
Tchey

Return to General Discussion