Matter Build Testing

The tower awaits!

Re: Matter Build Testing

Postby oneeyedjoe » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:51 am

Damn, no vapors on matter immunes will nerf matter pretty hard. Dragon soul+full power sounds cool, but still kind of weak. What if dragon soul would turn breath attacks from attenuated into cannot miss as well, without damage fall off and a chance to miss. Will ghosts from test builds be wiped out now that most of the bugs are fixed?
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:50 am

Yeah, I'm not happy about having to walk something back because of a code limitation. It could be fixed of course, but it would be a very deep change of the sort I can't justify undertaking this late in a build cycle. If it turns out to be a big hit to Vapors, or Matter in general, I'll see if I can find another way to compensate... though I admit I'm not sure I agree it's a major nerf. I'll keep an eye on it though. :)

I agree Dragon Soul needs a buff outside of the bug fix it received here, but it's not in scope for Matter Test Build work. Was thinking of tying a new version of it into Breath cooldown directly in some way, to give it some use outside the relatively tiny number of breath weapons, but your idea could work too.

Ghosts will be wiped once the actual Matter release happens, but I still want to release these fixes (once the last few are done) and have them tested on a bit before switching it to an actual release. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:15 am

Probably the only bug I have time to fix tonight, but enemy summoners should always deploy their first 3 actives when first spawned, regardless of how it happens. 2 to go!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:48 am

I made a nice function called ConsiderAdvancingOnEnemy.

It's neat!

It probably will work much better if I pass the enemy as a parameter, which is what it was designed to accept, instead of passing the character considering it, which it wasn't. :(
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Whew. Well, that was one problem, but there was another.

I had, intentionally, give the AI a neurosis about moving player allies out of the player's sight. But it was being a bit overapplied and actually stomping on some intended behaviors.

Joe, in the save you sent me now, in the newly "fixed" code, not only does Fotia properly advance, but the Nero actually perfectly positions itself to be able to keep a healing eye on everyone. :D

The only reason I say "fixed" instead of just fixed? Changes to pathing code of this sort can definitely have some interesting ripple effects. Only testing will reveal if there were any for this was. At least it's pretty localized: that neurosis only affects player AIs, and I only turned it off in a very limited number of circumstances. We shall see...
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Sun May 06, 2018 10:48 pm

I used Enemy lure on Tower: 8, entered Turdak's Sanctum, did NOT use Enemy Lure inside, then was able to use it again on floor 8. Not sure if bug or intended cooldown behavior.
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Sun May 06, 2018 11:12 pm

That's the correct behavior. :) You get the cooldown credit when you enter a new floor for the first time. So, it is correct that you would have it off, enter a new floor (turning on), and return to a previous floor without using it and still have it on.

Thanks for the report regardless though. :D I'd rather have ten "yep, that's correct" than miss one actual bug because somebody was afraid of me saying "yep, that's correct' :D
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Mon May 07, 2018 6:09 pm

Ghost Shock doesn't seem to be triggering Leadership

Also, looking at Soul Armor costs of Zombie and Nero, it seems that slow speed may be counting as an advantage to drive up costs rather than a disadvantage, assuming all resistances have equal weight

Getting a 'Gi ignores the attack x2' on ghost shock hits- pretty sure I didn't manage to land a Shock chance every time so I'm not sure what would cause the double message

Was able to rest while a charmed ally was attacking me- nothing bad came of it but gave me quite a scare. Happened pretty quick so I wasn't able to look hard at what happened before the charm had worn off.

Allies seem better about removing stone/charm/etc so the tweaked priorities seem to have worked there.
Last edited by wizzzargh on Tue May 08, 2018 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Tue May 08, 2018 12:18 am

Just fixed the Ghost Shock issue: small error in how Leadership worked combined with attacks that move the attacker.

Soul Armor will be reviewed in the next content push focusing on upgrades, but at the moment this is actually intentional (low Speed also comes with more HP, so it is not strictly a disadvantage.)

Double ignore on Gi in that situation is correct: the Electric damage and the Shock check are both separate immunity checks, and you get an immunity result even if the Shock check fails. (This is for giving the player the best info possible: it would be frustrating to get a bunch of Miss results or quiet failures only to find out when the 8% chance finally triggers that the target was Immune.)

I should have Charm and Panic prevent resting, I'll do that for the Matter release.

Thanks for the reports :D
Ferret

Postby summonerd » Fri May 11, 2018 12:57 pm

ty for updating :D
Im having fun from japan. Japanease like game that manage AI team like DEMON.
summonerd

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion