Matter Build Testing

The tower awaits!

Re: Matter Build Testing

Postby oneeyedjoe » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Killing Paracelsus didn't softlock the game. Sadly I didn't really get to experience his new strategy thanks to an early Spoil touch from a random corpse :D .
oneeyedjoe

Postby oneeyedjoe » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Code: Select all
 The fotia misses you.
 The chaos dodges your blob's attack!
 The chaos is set on fire!
 The chaos looks vulnerable!

Not sure if vapors suppose to apply debuffs if initial attack misses. Chaos had lucky dodge and evasion.
oneeyedjoe

Postby oneeyedjoe » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:45 pm

Umibozu posses tier 2 modifier despite being only lvl13.
oneeyedjoe

Postby oneeyedjoe » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:44 pm

Either Held++ is too strong and disables all the passives or this is UI bug. Also would be cool if you could see a giant red NA on disabled abilities of other characters when they are muted or held++.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Remora » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:37 pm

I've run into an odd predicament. I am playing a buff-centered Faithful Heart character and for whatever reason the game froze during a battle with zombies (one with deadly, including acidic bite) in Tower 1&1/2. Putting my mouse over beings in the game makes their information appear in the bottom right corner, but beyond that the game can't be interacted with. I closed the window and opened the game again, and it put me a few turns before when it froze. It ended up freezing again a few turns later. Both times it froze right after I used Protect on an ally next to the enemy. Nothing looked out of the ordinary, so I don't know what's wrong here.

EDIT: On the second restart I'm now just stuck where the game froze. I can only interact with the character information at the top left corner. Status effect information still rotates but beyond that the game appears to be nonfunctional.
Remora

Postby geminimax » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:42 pm

It seems that the auto targeting is not working properly for the Matter abilities. From my experience with the ones from orb's start, matter resistant enemies are often chosen as targets when there are vulnerable ones available. Sometimes the AoE attack won't target anything, even when there are multiple non-immune enemies in range.
geminimax

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:40 am

Vapors activating on dodged attacks: Whoops! Yeah, that's definitely a bug! Added to the list!

Umibozu having a Tier 2 modifier: This is also a bug! (Not because he's Level 13 however, but because his "home" is Tower:9. Something about him always tricks me into thinking he is higher level than is actually the case!)

Held++: Held++ is supposed to disable some passives, but not all of 'em. Also in general, Held++ probably is a bit strong. And yes, seeing NA on other characters' sheets when abilities are locked out would be cool. Two bugs and a post-Matter build feature logged. :D Thanks!

Remora: If you still have it, can you zip up the Save directory and e-mail it to ferretdev.org@gmail.com? Thanks!

I've added "test AI on Orb abilities" to the list (this would affect UI for auto-targeting too, since that UI actually asks the AI what to do :D ). Starting to suspect something may just be wrong with how Melt gets calculated, based on the reports so far.

I'll be updating the first post shortly with some details on how builds/bug fixing will work during this.

Thank you to everyone for the awesome reports and info on what you've been finding. Keep up the awesome helping. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:30 am

...holy crap was that bug of joe's weird. Acidic Bite was trying to do damage based on Stone status (already a problem, it isn't supposed to), but didn't have it set properly (why would it?) So, basically, anytime Acidic Bite was present in the game and evaluated by the AI or used by the player... crash. :P Fixed now! Maybe if I'm lucky this is what wiz's problem was too...
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:48 am

Ah ha! There is indeed an Arachne with Acidic Bite present in wizargh's save file too! :D And Remora mentions right in his post that someone has it! Hooray!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:23 am

Updated the links to the 2/15 8:20pm build, which fixes joe and wiz's lock ups. :) Likely also fixes Remora's too, by the look of things. Save files from the previous one are likely compatible if you move 'em over.

Will get back to work on non-critical bugs unless/until another critical one shows up. Thanks again for the help everyone!
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion