Matter Build Testing

The tower awaits!

Re: Matter Build Testing

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:26 am

I started a link with mandrake, 1 turn passed and minions just spawned in my face, not even in dark spots.
Edit: yep, enemies in this link have no shame and just keep spawning in your face. Didn't have that problem with Actaeon and Chaos links.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:48 am

This one's not a bug. :) Protect Link enemies can follow one of two rulesets: 1) appear from edges of sight, 2) appear as they wish. This is actually used in the Actaeon link too: the hounds always appear from the edges, but Artemis warps in.
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:51 am

Well damn. This is one spicy link then. I was literally boxed in for the entire duration of it. Also I am a big derp because now that I think about it enemies in Chaos link also appear in visible area. But still, never had minions appearing all around me.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:53 am

With what Mandrakes are packing, I can't give them away :D
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:14 am

lol mandrakes also have tier 2 modifier by default.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:19 am

grumble. Did I pass out while I thought I was setting those? Thanks for the report though, added to the list.
Ferret

Postby Saler » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Decided to play the Matter Test Build at the same time as my Crown of Glory character.
Matter/Mind Faithful Heart, played until Anomaly. My impressions so far:
AI might undervalue Vapors – a Wraith preferred using Bind Up over Acid Wash + Blinding Vapor.
Bind seems to be overpowered partially because of attacks like Razor Whip, which refresh the Bind while dealing damage and being SP effective, meaning Bind's low duration is less of a factor.
Weakness summary doesn't show Matter.
AI might use Bind Up on targets which are Bound++ and have 2 other characters ready to refresh it and also deal damage. I the problem is that AI doesn't evaluate if another demon could refresh the status effect more efficiently. From my current impressions, it seems Bind's effects should be reduced by slightly less than half.
Is Yank supposed to trigger Veils? I do understand how it works mechanical, but I'm not sure if it's intentional.
I think Yank has way too much range. It's harder to protect against than Pounce/Leap Attack even without the range advantage, puts the target in the middle of user's allies rather than putting the user in the middle of target's allies, and, with attacks like Razor Whip, Bind might actually be worse than Stun.
Vapors might be a bit too strong also, although I didn't have much chance to test it yet. The only evidence I have is that Ccoa's Culler Zars gave be a lot of trouble.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:21 am

Just cleared tower 23 and left a ghost for people to trash. Some thoughts on new demons and abilities.
Yank is pretty damn strong. Maybe there aren't many scary packs with it, but it hands of some hand crafted ghosts it can be terrifying. Especially if you are fragile support and you get dragged into a bunch of strong scary melee demons out of line of sight of your healer.
Stone effect, even though it was nerfed after preview, still pretty scary. I lost 2 demons in one turn to stone crushing bulls. Also AI for some reason doesn't prioritize removing harden or stone. I had 2 demons with relief out when half of my party got stoned, but one preferred using envenom host instead of relief and second one used cleanse to remove lvl1 poison.
Gorgons are lame and blow all their SP on devotion. Ooze is a bit too squishy and weren't they supposed to have some kind of absorbing attack? Because right now they are pretty weak. Mandrakes are amazing and having angry magicians with dogs teleporting in your face for 40 turns is justifiable. Kaw kaw not only blow all their SP on weight sin (which is a pretty common theme with AI sadly) but also don't take advantage of their apply melt+consume combo (which is also a common theme). Man eating plants with tentacles are very strong, I like their skill set a lot.
Are vapors suppose to trigger on matter immune targets? Because they do.
Not related to this update, but might as well say it here, it looks like miasma burst ignores dark resistance, judging by both damage dealt to maxHP and the lack of "resistant" pop up.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:43 am

Saler, oneyedjoe, I've updated the bug list based on your reports. :D Thanks! Some additional comments:

Yank is indeed supposed to trigger Veils. :D

Vapors probably need a bit of tweaking.. not entirely sure yet, but getting close. Want to fix the bugs with them first and see how that sits things.

Even though it isn't this build, I added Miasma checking to the list. :P A non-elemental attack is a scary thing to have running loose. At least it's a rare ability. :P

Thanks for the reports you two :D
Ferret

Postby Tchey » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:24 am

Hello,

I finally could play some Matter Build Test 2 on Linux, and it seems to go well so far.

Not much to say yet on balance or bug, only that fullscreen is stretching the tiles instead of the expected "larger view" or at least "black borders", so it's ugly.

Also i think i've read there are 3 different resolutions supported, but i can't find where to change the option ingame.

My screen is pretty much the today's standard i think, being at 1920x1080
* Mon blog indécent sur les jeux indé... Jeux1d100.net *
Tchey

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion