Matter Build Testing

The tower awaits!

Re: Matter Build Testing

Postby Ferret » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:49 pm

Oh. :P Pfft, carry on then :D
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:25 pm

...ok I might have had back up save files from when I thought that killing a summoner softlocks the game, and maybe perhaps I made a back up not too far before Medusa can show up naturally, and maybe after potentially speeding through a few levels I found her sanctum. ;)
Aaaaanyway, if only I had more heal stones... The link is doable, but I didn't know what to expect. No quick summon/zephyr card made it very hard too keep my demons alive when they ran out of SP and piled up on Perseus.
Sadly Medusa didn't make it, but her poisonous veil made quite a number on Perseus.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:34 am

Getting close to ready with the changes for build 3... ETA is hopefully tomorrow, Wed at worst. Some of the tweaks are a little spooky and may have Serious Problems (such as changing how the AI evaluates healing... gulp), but I think this could turn out to be a really good thing too. I don't have enough solo testing time to be sure, so hopefully you folks'll be able to help me figure it out. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:13 pm

While working on fixing up Guilt (and, soon, Pariah) AI a bit, I noticed a nasty bug that was probably the cause of enemies not properly prioritizing removing Stone/Harden (in addition to other serious aliments). They were still high priority, just not as high as they should have been. Will fix in the next test build. :)

The new Guilt AI is pretty... new. It *should* be awesome, but I won't be surprised if it has a bug or two.

Basically, it's now accounting for:
1) Do you have injured allies?
2) How injured are they?
3) Are they in range of the target?
4) How many other Guilty targets are they in range of?
5) How many can they hit at once with a damaging attack?
6) Do we seem to be actively attacking the target already?

It won't necessarily be perfect (since even with all that, at the end of the day, different players/devs would make different choices about how much to weight those factors), but I think it will definitely be better. If nothing else, it should cut down on pre-emptive Guilt spamming a fair bit. :D Pariah's new AI will be similar, just not caring as much about HP levels of allies.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:46 am

Well, that was a pain in neck, but the Guilt/Pariah AI change is complete. :D

I think I may hold off (ugh, sorry) on the Held changes for the build after #3. I want to make sure I get #3 out Wed, since it has a lot of stuff that needs poking at.
Ferret

Postby Saler » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:35 pm

About Held: what if you make accuracy reduction yo 10/20/30% and evasion and movement reduction to 20/40/full? Just a bit of a guess. Maybe a bit higher. I was comparing it to the debuffs, assuming it gets renewed often.
Absorbing Touch and similar abilities might need to be reevaluated also. With Melting it's a very effective damage + self healing combo, and the game outright give you a combo like that with Blobs. Might be just Touch versions, didn't try Siphons yet, so they might be more balanced. Speaking of that, it feels like Blobs joined the numbers of really dangerous enemies now, seeing how they have some sort of build going now.
I think the main problem with Arachne is that it's stats don't fit any role. Not all that great Cunning, only average Magic and low Strengths. I guess she could be a Hybrid Attacker, but she doesn't start with Hybrid skills, and her Cunning could be better used. I suppose she could become better with fusions – didn't try it out yet. Another problem seems to be AI having trouble with Wrap Up.
Is that just me, or did Paracelsus become easier? It seems he can't Ignite as reliably now.
Anomaly seems to be a bit tough on Matter builds. A lot of demons there resist /are immune to it, 5 out of common ones alone. Only 2 of them are weak to it. I had to spend a lot of fight just waiting. It feels like a problem.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Tchey » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:09 pm

Ferret wrote:Well, that was a pain in neck, but the Guilt/Pariah AI change is complete. :D

I think I may hold off (ugh, sorry) on the Held changes for the build after #3. I want to make sure I get #3 out Wed, since it has a lot of stuff that needs poking at.

It's today, yeeeeeah !

Is it ?
* Mon blog indécent sur les jeux indé... Jeux1d100.net *
Tchey

Postby Ferret » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:33 am

Yep, I still plan to release test build 3 tonight! Well, tonight in CST anyway (currently 6:30pm or so here)

Saler: Will give your feedback a better response after I release TB3, but I need to focus on that tonight in order to make sure I get it done. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:28 am

Test Build 3 is up :D
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 am

Thanks to new UI feature now I know that panic disables tormentor, last defense, malleable... Which is weird to be honest. And Held++ disables pretty much everything, even things like silver hand, leadership, innocence... however it doesn't disable tangler, the only on-hit effect that still works when you are squeezed. Blind also disables tormentor, flesheater, swiftness, malleable, all the defensive stuff (and possible many other stuff). Some of those do make sense, but not all. Malleable especially, and I start to think that it's a bug because it gets disabled by pretty much everything. Updating blind tooltip wouldn't hurt too. Can't say much about new AI, at the very least it didn't get any worse. I used dryad with their basic skillset and she was doing her battle healer role pretty well.
oneeyedjoe

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion