Matter Build Testing

The tower awaits!

Re: Matter Build Testing

Postby Ferret » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:39 pm

HOLY MOTHER OF FERRETS HOW DID THAT CODE EVER WORK?

rowring rowr rowr... wow.

Okay. So, apparently... when a kill order is active, there is supposed to be tendency for low evaluation non-aggro moves to be tossed out during the evaluation stage. That's fine, and makes sense: if you have an kill order going, characters shouldn't be considering actions that aren't aggressive in nature that are also low evaluation.

The problem is that my method of tossing them out was apparently... "check only the highest evaluation ability in this way, and if it fails the test... pass instead."

holy crap.

What it should be doing instead is tossing out each evaluation that fails: that way, *something* will still happen. :P Sheesh. This was around for 2 years! :(
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:51 am

Does anyone else feel like out of depth demons became way more common in anomaly? Image
I find them there in every run, and often more than once.
oneeyedjoe

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:56 am

Worth. And before that I had Nokken and killed Shoggoth.
oneeyedjoe

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:22 am

Turdak can move freely again.
Turdak flails about wildly.
Turdak hits you. Turdak looks refreshed.
Turdak hits you.
You are restrained!
Turdak looks refreshed. Turdak hits you.
Turdak looks refreshed. Turdak hits you.
You are paralyzed!
Turdak looks refreshed.
Turdak hits the huo shu.
Turdak looks refreshed.
Turdak hits the nero.
Turdak kills the nero!!
Turdak looks refreshed. You zap Turdak.
Turdak is shocked!
You feel refreshed.
The arachne staggers badly!
The slime staggers badly!
You zap Turdak. (x3)
Turdak reaches Level 15!

He got 4 hits on me with wild frenzy. Also the order in which he triggered my veil is kind of weird.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:12 pm

Wait, did you really drop to 1 MaxHP next to recruit that Kaw kaw, or did you sacrifice yet another ally? :D

There shouldn't be any more rares in Anomaly than before in terms of how many appear in a game: just in terms of how many different kinds can show up. RNG can always be weird though. :)

Hmm.. that definitely looks like 4 hits. Ugh.

At this point I'm tempted to just remove Wild Frenzy :D I'd fix like half the open bugs. But, I won't do it. It's a neat ability and I should be able to get it working. The worst part is that in the end, I bet it will prove to be some sort of really bone-headed error on my part. :P

The veil thing is weird, but probably a consequence of Wild Frenzy's multi attacks all being part of a single ability use.
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:58 pm

I did drop down to 1 maxHP for this, but for the recruitment I got enough XP to put me above 10 maxHP. I did fully recover from this just to get paralyzed and beaten up by my own Turdak and some cheap trashy mobs 4-5 levels below me finished me off. :D
Chain bolt gets disabled by most control abilities.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Saler » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:43 am

Chain Reaction's description says “causes” instead of “causing”
Petrifying works much better now.
Not much more to report on the new build. I won with this character, although I didn't bother clearing Tower 23. I'm planing to post the following reports in my character thread.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:00 pm

Game doesn't warn you when you shoot acid at matter immune allies when you have vapors. I was hurling acidic orbs around my wisp and absolutely forgot that vapors work on matter immunes until it got lit on fire. Polar rush can ruin links if you charge next to the demon you are trying to link with. I guess applying chill counts as a hostile ability and game doesn't even warn you about it. Also charmed polar rushers still can apply chill to their new founded "allies" when they charge next to them.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:19 am

Chain Bolt being disabled by many control abilities is intentional.

But the Polar Rush thing is spooky :( I think I know why, just not sure how to fix it yet. I've added it to the list, along with the Chain Reaction typo and also Matter immune + vapors + allies. Thanks you two!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:58 pm

Derp. The FullyHeal function was definitely pretty busted. :D Thanks joe!

I wrote it before cooldowns and MaxHP damage existed... so it still checked just stamina and just HP damage when deciding which healing was needing. i.e.: You wouldn't get cooldowns back if you weren't missing SP, and you wouldn't get MaxHP damage back if you weren't missing HP. Whoops. :D
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion