Matter Build Testing

The tower awaits!

Re: Matter Build Testing

Postby Geoffreylikespie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:39 am

Not a gameplay bug but still probably needs fixing: The description for the magic stat doesn't mention matter.
Everybody gangsta til Mordecai pulls out the massacre
Geoffreylikespie

Postby Ferret » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:09 pm

Fixed (in both the manual and tooltip :D)! Thanks!
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:40 pm

Neat. Fixing Wild Frenzy fixed Contagion and Hysteria's problems. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:53 pm

Went ahead and made Interact a free action, which should clear up the "corpse encounters getting 2 actions before you get another" issue.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:19 pm

Hm... crap. The catch all warning I added to catch vapors being used on Matter immune allies is catching a whole lot of other stuff I don't want it to bother with. I may have to do a horrid special case after all.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:34 am

grumble. Yeah, the catch all just isn't working. I'll have to fix it in Matter Test Build 6, it's going to take a bit and I want to get the rest of the fixes out.
Ferret

Postby Geoffreylikespie » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:35 am

(Don't know whether or not this was balanced in Build 5 yet, as I don't have it yet.)

Is Kaw-Kaw supposed to be easy to obtain? I'm in the third floor of anomaly and was surprised to see a Level 31 pop up. I'm only Level 9, and I got Kaw-Kaw as an ally quite easily. It did cost me about 30 Max HP, about 70 normal HP, a heal stone, and an ally, but in my opinion it was significantly easier than even some Level 11 demons are. Maybe it's just because I tend to dump all points into vitality, but this seemed a bit too easy for such a high level.

Now I know this isn't a bug, but it just seems like a balance issue to me. If it is supposed to be somewhat easier by design than that's fine. I'm just worried maybe it isn't by design... On the other hand, a high-level demon that's actually possible to obtain at a lower level without an offering is a nice exception to how the tower has generally greeted me before (looking at you, Archangels). Anyways, I'll be sure to exploit this opportunity throughout the rest of the run!
Geoffreylikespie

Postby Geoffreylikespie » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:12 am

Might already be fixed, but another grammar inconsistency: Chain Reaction's description says "Applies melting, causes damage over time," rather than "Applies melting, causing damage over time."
Geoffreylikespie

Postby Ferret » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:49 pm

Chain Reaction's fixed in MTB5, yep. :D

I'll take another look at Kaw-Kaw's negotiation: you are penalized for negotiations with a much higher level Demon, but maybe the penalties aren't scary enough. :) Then again, negotiation does have some RNG to it: it's possible you just got lucky that time. Also, yes, focusing on Vitality does give you a bit more HP to work with. :)

Thanks for the reports :D
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:57 am

Ouch, something ya hate to see, when someone dies cuz of AI
Instead of using Relieving Rain or even Cleanse, Unicorn watched me die of poison and beatings while stoned all the way from full health to nothing. From other experiences, I feel like the AI doesn't understand that clearing bad poison is important. The failure to cure stone might have something to do with it being Relieving Rain instead of plain Relief, maybe? I think statuses like charm and stone on the player should be #1 priority to remove, cuz even if the player is dying, they could probably pop a heal stone if they're freed but trying to outheal a stoned or charmed disaster just doesn't work.
wizzzargh

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion