Matter Build Testing

The tower awaits!

Re: Matter Build Testing

Postby Ferret » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Argh. Yeah, deaths due to AI being sloppy on healing really shouldn't happen. :(

I do actually see a bug that would prevent higher poison levels from being evaluated as nastily as they should be: instead of 200, 800, and 1800, they would evaluate at 200, 500, 500. So that one will definitely get fixed.

Relieving Rain might indeed by the culprit: the AI has been coded to be suspicious of using AEs on single targets, but that definitely should not be stopping it from doing so for critically needed healing.

Elevating removing Charm, Stone, Panic, and Sleep even further up the priority list might not be a bad idea: with the Relic Preservation mechanic running about, it probably makes sense.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:23 pm

I've looked into poison removal and AE healing... but troublingly, there didn't seem to be any visible problem in testing other than the one I noted previously. I'm certain based on your report a bug is present, but I'm probably going to need a save file to track it down. I did adjust the evaluations in a vain hope of fixing it that way, but other than the bug with poison removal, the evaluations were already so high as to be ridiculous (seriously, things like removing Stone from a summoner have literally 7 digit evaluation scores :P For reference, a basic attack on an enemy is like.. 4500 or so.) so I suspect the problem lies elsewhere.

At the very least, Poison removal should work better. But even under the old values, I can't explain why a unicorn would sit there doing nothing. :(
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Hmm... Anomaly Kaw Kaws now require 16 successes and allow no failures..

Sounds good to me. :D Probably about the same odds of working as actually trying to defeat a Heroic recruitment of that level... if not a little better even.
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:02 pm

I believe the unicorn was probably throwing out the occasional soothe so it wasn't actually doing nothing, just effectively doing nothing.

Sorta like when 'struggling to stay alive' hand of the dead wraiths eat their demons to take them from 7 hp to 8 maxHP
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:36 pm

Ooooh. :P Okay, that's a very big difference. :D In that case, adjusting the evaluations probably will help address this. :) A problem of literally doing nothing would have indicated something much deeper at work (i.e.: some misguided priority that was preventing it from even getting to evaluations, since evaluations for heals in that scenario would be ridiculously high.)
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:54 am

Yeah, sorry 'bout that unclear wording, I know I've added needless confusion in past bug reports cause of that too :oops:
Well at least you don't have to worry about a SUPER hideous bug lurking
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:35 pm

No worries, it's cool. :) Like you said, I'm just happy it isn't some super crazy thing hiding out somewhere. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:42 pm

Dragon Soul and Full Power play nice together in the next build: a character with Dragon Soul will always benefit from the Full Power passive if they have it.

Also: I increased the evaluations for removing Charm, Sleep, Panic, Harden, and Stone from summoners considerably. It's still less than healing a critically low HP summoner, but not by much, so doing one of these should override the healing priority unless HP are indeed very low.

And now, Enemy Lure requires a Y/N confirmation.
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Ugh. It breaks an awful lot of base-line assumptions to have an ability that a target is immune to still have negative effects on it, it turns out. I might have to tweak vapors to *not* work on Matter-immune targets after all. It never fails: any time I code in an assumption, about anything, I eventually find a case where I hadn't, and this is the one for "if you're immune to something, it doesn't affect you" :(
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:35 pm

Couldn't find any reproable pugs with Upgrading Relic when in the "too many demons" dialogue. I did happily confirm that if you choose to upgrade Capacity, that does correctly resolve the issue. :D
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion