How to kill Madevra?

The tower awaits!

How to kill Madevra?

Postby Elysium » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:02 am

Madevra is currently my least favorite entity in the Tower. My highest three characters have all been ended by her after bouncing off her near-impenetrable defenses. The first time I found her, I was running a Faithful Heart Light build, which worked as well as you might expect. The second time, I was running a Crown of Glory Spears build, but my dryad ran out of SP and rushed suicidally into melee combat, ending the stream of healing we were barely clinging to for survival.
But the third time irks me the most. I was running a 4 strength/1 agility Titan's Fist Slash build, and had found a pack of centaurs. I linked with one, massacred the rest, and ten rounds later I found Madevra down the hall, waiting for me. So I rushed into combat with my centaur, and managed to get Madevra to half health in under five turns. But she proceeded to something like three-shot the centaur through its heroism, healing to full health and ending my Heroism simultaneously. While my Sure Slice plinked off her shield, she casually ended my life.

Any suggestions to get past Madevra without having to flee from her?
Elysium

Re: How to kill Madevra?

Postby wizzzargh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:31 am

If someone is guilted and in melee with her, get them out of melee, otherwise your work will be undone quite quickly.
Use ranged elemental attacks. Position your ranged demons with 1 space between them and her, otherwise she'll bullrush around and you'll have to waste time saving demons and unsummoning guilted ones.

You need something to keep her attention while your ranged elemental attackers go after her- preferably something that is hard to Guilt and can survive melee with her. A holy wisp or Python (Or Chthonic Artemis) can be good for this, but they'll need healing to stay alive- having 2 healers to swap between when one is out of SP is valuable. Malleable is great for long fights like this.

Having elemental dart slingers and a healer and a tank tends to require a lot of unsummoning, but should eventually grind her down. Having things that Stun/Sleep is also great- repeatedly getting something to Pounce or Stunning Gaze or Blue Whisper her lets you get through her defenses that turn and avoid her powerful attacks.

If your party is just a bunch of physical attackers and you can't deal with guilt, you may simply be unable to defeat her. Think of her as a lesson that you need some diversity in your team, and perhaps more importantly, a lesson that you shouldn't fight things that will kill you.

Secret scummy tactic that probably won't be in the game forever- slowly whittle her maxHP down with vigor siphon or void touch or whatever
wizzzargh

Postby 2tousent » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:15 pm

hmm, i just killed her with a full fire heart, and 2 healer demons... and i didn't manage positions besides my own and unsummoning dying demons, so she was allways hitting 3-4 guilted characters....

I think outhealing can slowly get rid of her if you happen have unlimited SP...

OItherwise, maybe status effects help a lot too if you have decent cunning to constantly inflict them
2tousent

Postby wizzzargh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:53 pm

2tousent wrote:I think outhealing can slowly get rid of her if you happen have unlimited SP...

Shh, the Ferret will nerf Pyre Rite :D
wizzzargh

Postby 2tousent » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:07 pm

wizzzargh wrote:
Shh, the Ferret will nerf Pyre Rite :D

Please no that's the only build i'm consistently half decent with Q_Q
2tousent

Postby Elysium » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:17 pm

Does Infection work on Guilt? I'm currently running a Titan's Fist with Infectious Bite, and I have more than a few ranged dart users including Artemis, Cursed Asrai, and Ukobach.
Elysium

Postby Ferret » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:28 pm

Ferret

Postby 2tousent » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:56 pm

hey hey, that was good against madevra but i had to bounce out of anomaly:1 because of a couple of foties and a glitch so it's not THAT broken >.>

I mean, i HAD to get everyone close to her and let them get hit or else they wouldn't get pyre rited... that's not a good idea most of the time is it?

but yeah just trying to burst Madevra seems like a bad idea because if you run out of SP and she's still alive everything will be undone and you will suffer for it, so try to minimize the number of characters getting hit, get a demon with absolution to remove the guilt, and be efficient with your SP, things like status effects with consistent, residual damage that don't need a constant stream of SP may work.

Hell, if she's hitting 2 guilted characters and you guilt her and hit with 3, and have a demon in the back healing, you will outheal her, no?

I don't have much experience with her but it seems that low cost chip damage is way better than high cost burst because it doesn't give her downtime to heal
2tousent

Postby Elysium » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:44 am

I KILLED MADEVRA! Granted, I was running some seriously overpowered demons, but still. I am running a whatever Hand of the Dead (whatever because I personally had no "hand" in Madevra's defeat) with a Fiery Raiju, Blessed Ghoul, and Lifegiver Nero. I actually ran into her and had to contend with her reducing my health to one in three turns, but I summoned Blessed Ghoul to act as a shield with Fiery Raiju as backup. Surprisingly, Madevra got absolutely destroyed by a combination of Raiju's attacks and Ccoa's darts, but Madevra managed to get Ccoa before falling herself. I'm sad because I was planning to fuse Ccoa with my second Raiju, but whatever, I'm just glad I got sweet revenge!
Elysium

Postby Bormoth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:39 am

Not fun hero imo. Killed her by spearing while I hid behind angel. Boring run away wittle huge HP, while hiding behind holy immune or resistant enemies. Immune can't be guilted. Like there is another one erly with darts, that one scary aand fun.
Bormoth

Return to General Discussion