My Characters and YAVP/YASD

The tower awaits!

My Characters and YAVP/YASD

Postby Elysium » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:49 pm

I've been playing Demon for some time, since like January 2017, and I have to say, Demon is amazing. It rates among my five top roguelikes of all time (the other four are Caves of Qud, ToME, DCSS, and NetHack). I have to commend FerretDev for being one of the greatest roguelike developers of all time for his commitment to the game and to addressing the concerns of every player. I love how every elemental attribute has its own shtick (Fire for Scorch and healing, Ice for slowing enemies and mitigating their power, Light and Dark for their Miens, Slash mainly for applying buffs on strike, Impact for debuffs, Pierce for range) and how every element is balanced and offers an alternative playstyle. It reminds me of DCSS's magic and weapons system in that regard.
My most successful summoner so far has been a Divine Heart with a Light-focused build and a few light/dark miens thrown in. They got slain by Madevra though... Her Light immunity meant that I had nothing to throw against her, and she slew my Dryad almost instantly while my Shoggoth plinked uselessly against her... Well, it was only Tower: 7, what did I expect. She then charged me down and slew me in a few short, painful turns. I have no idea how to get the character sheet though... Anyone have any idea how to do so on a Mac build?

Edit: Just found out how to... It's F10... Dang, I lost the character sheet now since I started up a new summoner... phooey.
Elysium

Re: My Characters and YAVP/YASD

Postby Saler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Welcome, Elysium! :D
Some skills can be noticably stronger than others, but they are harder to use because they require more skills to be at full power. This is most obvious with Blight and various Breaths. They are decent skills by themselves, but with enough investment with other skills, they can become absolutely devastating!
Maderva is one of the harder Heroes to deal with. Honestly, she might even be the hardest because of how early she appears. The main problem with her is that she has high Strengh and HP, inflicts Guilt with her attacks and can hit several demons in a turn with Cleave or Heavy Guard, healing herself each time. The trick to foghting her is to make a sure that only one of your demons is in melle with her. Optimally, your other demons will support with ranged skills.
It might be worth it to make space for a Dark attack on a character similar to your's. There are some dangerous demons groups where everyone is immune to Light. Optimally, you'll want an attack that doesn't give a Dark cooldown.
The game should make a party dump on death. It might be different on the Mac version. I'm not sure.
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby 2tousent » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:00 pm

HA!
Get Madevra'd, learn my pain!
2tousent

Postby Elysium » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:39 pm

This recent YASD was really depressing. I selected my favorite Faithful Heart build, Light/Light, and a Malingee, and proceeded to wreck Floors 1-3. What sucked was the fact that I couldn't recruit Headless or Vikhor (this one especially hurt because I'm a huge sucker for humanoid demons) but I managed to get Ccoa, who turned out to not be so good for the current Tower floor, which was filled with Holy demons. The main highlight of idiocy was when I kept using Revelation on a Vile Abbey Lubber (5 times!) hoping for Dark skills, but received Body skills, as expected. A pack of Holy Flying Heads and Easg Saints severely weakened me on Floor 5, opening the way for a troop of Asrai to shoot me down. Guess Light isn't as omnipotent as I thought :?

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 7/26/2017, Scoring Model: 5/26/2017
Dump file created at: 08/08/2017 22:19:23

Summoner Lust...
was chosen by the Faithful Heart,
selected Light and Light as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 2663,
is currently at Tower:5,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Lust
Level: 6
MaxHP: 53
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 9
Magic   : 40
Vitality: 11
Agility : 4
Cunning : 21

Resist: Light
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
2) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
3) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
4) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
5) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
6) Poison Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
7) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
8) Set Alight (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)

Relic Upgrades:
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)
Revelation (Unlocks the Revelation transmutation, which grants a demon a random ability based on the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)

Inventory:
2 Chakra gem
1 Zephyr card
1 Ghost chime
2 Chakra stone
1 Pure stone

Current Credits: 1682

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 32 / 135 (23% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        0          0          0          2*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          2*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          2*         0         
Fire         1*         0          0          2*         0         
Ice          1          0          1          1*         0         
Electricity  1          0          1          1*         0         
Body         1*         0          0          1*         1         
Mind         0          0          0          2*         0         
Light        1*         0          1*         0          1         
Dark         0          0          0          1          1*         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Ccoa
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 8
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 11
Agility : 17
Cunning : 22

Resist: Ice Electricity
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Hail Shot (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 70 Power attack split between Ice and Impact; both the Ice and Impact damage are based on Magic. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Discharge (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. Targets a random enemy. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Stormwalk (Type: Electricity, 0 SP. Must target a Shocked character. Warps you adjacent to the target, and restores 20 of your SP. Free action. Cooldown: Charge (1))
5) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

You and one of your allies are in danger!
 Your nero misses the asrai.
 The asrai hits your nero. (x2)
 Your nero is no longer chilled.
 You are no longer chilled.
 Your nero hits the asrai.
 The asrai freezes your nero.
 It isn't very effective.
 Your nero starts shivering!
 The asrai throws a frost dart at you.
 The asrai freezes you.
 You feel cold!
 You feel more tired.
 The asrai hits your nero.
 The faerie gestures at the asrai.
 The asrai looks healthier.
 Your nero gestures at itself.
 Your nero looks healthier.
 The asrai hits your nero.
 The asrai freezes you.
 You feel like you will be cold longer!
 You feel more tired.
 Your nero is no longer chilled.
 You are no longer regenerating.
 Your nero hits the asrai.
 The asrai freezes your nero.
 It isn't very effective.
 Your nero starts shivering!
 The asrai hits your nero. (x2)
 The asrai kills your nero!!
 The faerie gestures at the asrai.
 The asrai looks healthier.
 The asrai freezes you.
 You feel more tired.
 The asrai freezes you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 You feel more tired.
 You cannot rest in combat!
 The asrai freezes you.
 You feel more tired.
 The asrai freezes you.
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Vile Abbey lubber
Level: 4
MaxHP: 42

Strength: 9
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 16
Agility : 6
Cunning : 21

Resist: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Blow (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Emit Dark (Type: Dark, 5 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
3) Restore (Type: Healing, 20 SP. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Restore (5))
4) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
5) Putrid Breath (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Infection, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Cooldown: Breath (5))
6) Filth Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Infect adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
7) Poison Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
8) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)

Name : Carbuncle
Level: 7
MaxHP: 40

Strength: 8
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 13
Agility : 28
Cunning : 26

Resist: Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Dazzling Glare (Type: Mind, 15 SP. 50% chance to inflict Stun on enemies, causing them to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Solid Easg saint
MaxHP: 54

Strength: 6
Magic   : 20
Vitality: 19
Agility : 22
Cunning : 13

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
6) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Actaeon
MaxHP: 57

Strength: 24
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 18
Agility : 24
Cunning : 8

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
5) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
6) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kasha
Level: 5
MaxHP: 38

Strength: 10
Magic   : 14
Agility : 20
Cunning : 18

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Nero
MaxHP: 50

Strength: 13
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 23
Agility : 12
Cunning : 9

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

On a side note, there are some questions I'd like to ask. How are hybrid damage skills such as Shocking Stab and Heat Wave calculated in terms of Strength and Magic? Does it make more sense to concentrate on Strength or Magic, or level both up equally?
Also, how do I properly play an Eye of the Dragon in the first place? Their starting stats seem pretty low, and it's getting kind of tiring to keep having to turn off the Internet in order to repeatedly slay my own Eye Wraiths. :)
A complaint with the AI of healing units: My Holy Faeries and Dryads keep charging into melee and dying. Does their AI have something to do with their modifier? A nice change to fix this would be to implement a command that players could use to order individual demons to stay back from melee combat. It wouldn't be too micro because your demons are doing what they're supposed to do, I guess.
Elysium

Postby greattuna » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:08 pm

Well, Light is just one of elements. If you want to wreck everything with just one element, you should probably stick with one of the physicals, since there are no demons immune to physical damage, and resists don't reduce damage that much compared to magical elements.

RE: dual-element skills: physical part scales with STR, magical part scales with MAG, each part having half base power. That's why they have higher base power (and are cheaper in some cases) than similar pure physical abilities: they just can't scale as well, because they rely on two stats for damage. If you want your damage to keep up, you should put at least one point in both MAG and STR.

RE: Eye build: it's supposed to be a hybrid melee build incorporating both physical and magical. My first victory was as an Eye build, but the game has changed a lot since then. :? You pretty much have to ditch one-two stats and concentrate on the rest. My personal advice: pick Electricity. Shocking Spear is awesome, and has zero problems with targeting, and can hit two enemies at once, and it's also fairly cheap.

RE: hybrid healers: yes, if they have offensive abilities, they tend to go out and fight! If they have nothing better to do, they will fight. Therefore, you probably should remove offensive abilities from your healers if you want them to treat healing as their main task.
greattuna

Postby Ferret » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:48 am

Hi Elysium, and welcome to the forum. :D

:D I dunno about greatest roguelike developer of all time, but I won't argue with you, and thanks. :D I'm glad you're enjoying Demon so much. :D

But yes, there should be a records folder... wherever such things are stored on Macs for games? :( I don't actually own a Mac, so I'm not sure where this happens.

Unity's documentation claims:

Note: The persistentDataPath on a Mac is written into the user Library folder. (This folder is often hidden.) In recent Unity releases user data is written into ~/Library/Application Support/company name/product name.

Hopefully that helps/is accurate. :D

greatuna's explanation about dual elemental skills is pretty good, but I would add one more note: If you don't care about creating an imbalance, feel free to use them while focusing on one type heavily. They will still work pretty well, though they will become lopsided: for example, if you use Fiery Claw (Slash/Fire) with low Str and high Magic, it will do rather iffy Slash damage, but solid Fire damage. This gives them the flexibility to be included in mono-stat builds if you like.

Eyes can operate in a variety of ways, but are expected to either go relatively balanced stats, or lean Magic. Balanced builds can work, but are a little less straightforward than more focused builds. Look for ways to leverage all of your stats, or most of them, if you try it. For example, the hybrid attacks we just discussed are a good example. The elemental "Flash" attacks are another: though they do purely Magic damage, the fact they're melee range makes them much safer/easier to use if you have Str/Vit.

And yes, once a "healer" has a enemy-targeting ability, they become hybrids and will behave aggressively towards enemies. If I can think of some way to tweak this that doesn't end up becoming way too micro (which, you are correct, that is the concern) I'll do it, but so far I haven't come up with a good answer here: I don't want people tweaking them multiple times per combat or even mutliple times a floor, so any system that allows and rewards that would be out. Deleting abilities is the closest I've come to it for now: it's too far the other way, but I prefer that to adding an incentive for tedious behavior.

If you wanna play mono-elemental (and don't want it to be a physical, as greatuna correctly suggests), maybe try supplementing with some Heal, Buff, or (if you have Cunning) Debuff abilities, if you don't consider those to break purity? These abilities can be effective with minimum investment, and are useful in nearly every encounter, ensuring you have something to contribute even at times when your main idea isn't working out.

Anyway, I'm glad you're having fun, and thanks for the reports. :) Good luck in the Tower!
Ferret

Postby Elysium » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:04 pm

I think Heroism might be a tad bit broken.
By that I mean extremely broken.
So I was doing quite well for myself, messing around with demon fusion and loving my Stormsworn Ukobach and my Icesworn Goblin. With these trusty companions, I cleared Arcadia and completed Actaeon's link almost effortlessly, slaying troops of Ogres with nary a sideways thought. Then I happen upon Rush's Sanctum, and my hubris gets the better of me. I see an Archangel and immediately try to surround it with my best melee fighters, then link with it afterwards.
This turns out to be my undoing, as the archangel overflows with the power of Chuck Norris and proceeds to two-shot my Icesworn Goblin, strike down my Deadly Ogre, and summarily execute me. It might be impossible to link with a Heroism-buffed Archangel at Level 6... or Heroism is just that powerful. Your thoughts?

Demon Party Dump File
Version 7/26/2017, Scoring Model: 5/26/2017
Dump file created at: 08/17/2017 17:53:30

Summoner Pride...
was chosen by the Crown of Glory,
selected Electricity and Electricity as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 2068,
is currently at Rush's Sanctum,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Pride

Strength: 19
Magic   : 14
Agility : 16
Cunning : 15

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Shocking Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Shocking Spear (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Enemies only.)
3) Storm Veil (Type: Electricity, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 5% chance to Shock the target, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
6) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
7) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
8) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)

Relic Upgrades:
Quick Summon (Your first Summon each turn is a free action (can use Summon as a normal action afterwards.))
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Far Summon I (Increases the range of Summon by 2.)

Inventory:
1 Magic map
4 Chakra stone
1 Heart glyph
2 Pure stone
2 Ghost chime
1 Gold offering
2 Pain glyph
1 Chakra gem

Current Credits: 629

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 36 / 135 (26% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        1          0          0          5*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          5*         0         
Pierce       1*         0          0          5*         0         
Fire         1          0          1          4*         0         
Ice          0          0          1          3*         1         
Electricity  1          0          2*         2          1         
Body         0          0          1          2*         2         
Mind         0          0          1          4*         0         
Light        1          1          0          2*         2         
Dark         0          0          0          3          2*         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Lifegiver Faerie
MaxHP: 47

Strength: 4
Cunning : 15

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
5) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
6) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Stormsworn Ukobach
MaxHP: 45

Strength: 12
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 12
Agility : 17
Cunning : 17

Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Searing Touch (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Flash Shock (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Electropulse (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has an 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Headless

Strength: 17
Magic   : 5
Vitality: 29
Agility : 10
Cunning : 9

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Easg saint
MaxHP: 36

Strength: 7
Magic   : 21
Vitality: 8
Cunning : 14

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

You attempt to link with the archangel...
 The archangel shakes off previously taken
 damage.
 The archangel looks much more powerful!
 Using Shocking Stab...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute,
 Escape to cancel.
 You miss the archangel.
 Your ogre slashes the archangel.
 Your goblin misses the archangel.
 Headless misses the archangel.
 The archangel slashes your goblin.
 The archangel kills your goblin!!
 The archangel slashes your ogre.
 The archangel slashes you.
 Your ogre will be guilty longer!
 The archangel looks healthier.
 You zap the archangel.
 Your ogre chows down on your goblin.
 Your ogre looks healthier.
 You and one of your allies are in danger!
 Using Shocking Stab...
 Escape to cancel.
 You stab the archangel.
 You shock the archangel.
 Your ogre misses the archangel.
 The archangel slashes Headless.
 You feel guilty! Headless looks guilty!
 You zap the archangel.
 Headless slashes the archangel.
 Your ogre looks more accurate!
 Your ogre looks energized! (x2)
 Your ogre bites the archangel.
 Your ogre looks healthier.
 You and some of your allies are in danger!
 Using Shocking Stab...
 Escape to cancel.
 You stab the archangel.
 You shock the archangel.
 The archangel slashes your ogre.
 The archangel kills your ogre!!
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Profane Zaltys

Strength: 5
Vitality: 5
Agility : 19
Cunning : 18

Abilities Known:
1) Emit Light (Type: Light, 5 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Lucky Aid (Type: Healing, 0 SP. One effect chosen at random for the target: Heal 50% HP (unaffected by your Magic bonus), restores 50 SP, or removes all negative status effects. Cooldown: Luck (3))
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Unholy Word (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Cooldown: Breath (4))
5) Dark Omen (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Pariah, causing the target's allies to take damage when the target does (excluding reactions).)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Actaeon
MaxHP: 52

Strength: 23
Magic   : 6
Agility : 23
Cunning : 7

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
5) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
6) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Kasha

Strength: 10
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 12
Agility : 18

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Preta
Level: 3

Strength: 12
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 9

Resist: Body
Weak  : Fire Ice Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Icesworn Goblin
MaxHP: 47

Strength: 15
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 15
Cunning : 14

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
2) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
3) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
4) Dash (Type: None, 20 SP. Move to the target position instantly. This is a fast action: it only takes half the time most actions do. Cooldown: Charge (8))
5) Chilling Blast (Type: Ice, 15 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
6) Polar Rush (Type: Impact, 5 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with an 85 Power Impact/Ice attack. Then, Chill enemies in front of you, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Charge (4))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Deadly Ogre
MaxHP: 55

Strength: 31
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 19
Agility : 12
Cunning : 11

Resist: Body
Weak  : Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 25% of their maximum HP.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
6) Infectious Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Elysium

Postby greattuna » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:31 pm

Heroism is made that way to prevent you from easily getting the demon in 4v1 combat, since normally it'd be a very one-sided battle. And it's not really that broken, you just tried to punch way above your weight, against a physical demon who can heal herself and is 14 levels above you. Not only that, it seems like you also got into a good position to get Grand Cleaved, which is dangerous even against party of a proper level.

You could also use your gold offering. I know it's so good and rare, but archangel would carry you for a long time, especially if you add some passives on her.
greattuna

Postby Ferret » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:41 am

Archangels in Rush's Sanctum are extremely rare... even fighting it normally will prove difficult for most parties that encounter one, much less trying to capture it. Like tuna mentioned, Heroism is basically a buff that makes the target strong enough to take on a party of 4 characters their level. :o

That said, if you have an Offering (a slight correction to what tuna said here: assuming the Archangel was unmodified, any offering would do: Bronze, Silver, or Gold), you can recruit such out of depth spawns with a 100% success rate. :D Granted, even being able to use any of them, it will still be relatively rare to have one that early.

For most groups without an offering, it's probably better to just kill the Archangel normally or even avoid it entirely.

Thanks for the report. :)
Ferret

Postby Elysium » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:47 am

That's a good point. I got cocky, tried to box above my weight class and got TKO'd. It was a shame... I think the Archangel might have been unmodified, too, and I had a bronze offering... Stupid me. Oh well, the more you know. I'll mind myself around high-level demons with heroism next time.
Elysium

Return to General Discussion