suggestions for improvement

The tower awaits!

suggestions for improvement

Postby pesky.leb » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:40 pm

If you want players to use this forum, allow anonymous posting. Registering for an account is a pain, AND this forum forces activation, which makes me dig through my spam folder for an email and click a link.

Allow players to disable the [Hit any key to continue] after a danger message. It's necessary to point out danger to new players, but experienced players should be able to turn it off.

After dying, I have to use both enter and escape to get back to the main menu. It should be one consistent key.

The game is phenomenal and I can't stop playing it.
pesky.leb

Re: suggestions for improvement

Postby Ferret » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:27 pm

Hmm.. I'm not familiar with setting up anon-oriented forums. I can look into it though, if I can find a way to do it that I'm confident will keep the door barred against spammers I'll definitely consider it. :) Thank you for signing up in spite of the process, I do appreciate it. :D

Come to think of it, I might be willing to disable e-mail activation. I don't think that part is what's keeping out the spammers anyway, pretty sure that honor goes to the Demon quiz you get. :D

The message log in general needs some work, it's probably the biggest outstanding interface issue. I've got an options system in the planning stages for customizing its behavior somewhat (including the danger message pause), though I'd really like to look at improving its functionality in general too.

This is a very good point Re: Dying. I will clean up that interface path in the ARRP build. :D

I'm glad you're having fun with the game. :D Thank you for the feedback on the forum and the interface. :) Good luck in the tower!
Ferret

Return to General Discussion