Yet another YASD thread

The tower awaits!

Re: Yet another YASD thread

Postby greattuna » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:59 pm

This post is not actually a report, more like a notes for the plan (tm). I have some ideas that I want to try, but they're mostly tied to mid-to-endgame, and I keep dying to random groups on T:3, A:1 or somewhere nearby.

I should note that you don't have to read it, I'm just expressing thoughts about gameplay so I won't forget them later, and Demon forums just happen to be the best place for Demon-related posts (who would've thought :roll: ).

Basically, I re-read my own report of the last winning run, the one where 2TKO of chlonic power sent me into rage-win :D . And I don't really want to experience it again. In fact, I want a no-death (barring sacrifices and deletions, duh) run. It'd be perfect.

So, in order to prevent deaths, I need more than few simple sustenance tools. I need to have a system, which would consist of:

1. OFF- / DEF+
to cut a good chunk of enemy damage off (36% of it, if my math is correct). Single-target spells, while nice and effective, are too slow, so I'm turning my eye to cries (I can't find an AoE defense buff, it's probably deeper in tier 3, and I don't need a spammable version of offense debuff). Quelling Cry is available (Actaeon comes with it!), cools down faster than debuff wears off, and rather cheap (20 SP). Cool. Now, Guardian Cry... Guardian Cry is a problem. I can't find a single demon which comes with it, it looks like I need to transpose\revelate\hope for a random generation of Imbued demons with it, which is... unreliable at the very least. And transposing only allows to have this cry on me, when I'd rather leave the buffing business to my allies (I can't track buffs at all :oops: )

2. Disabling statuses.
Fun fun fun. Enemies can't kill when they can't do damage, and they can't do damage when they're sleeping. Now I'm not really into statuses that much, but I appreciate my allies paralyzing enemies sometimes, so I want to incorporate this as well into my future strategy. I especially like charm. Turn 4v4 into 5v3 for X turns, 4v6 into 5v5, get summoner to attack his own demons, fun! Now, in this department, thankfully, faithful heart got me covered - alluring gaze is here! And it is another reason I don't want to transpose guarding cry: they will share presence cooldowns, and that's not good.
Now, of course, other statuses exist, panic, paralysis, sleep, stun, even shock, they're all good, but charm just blows them out of the water.
It's also no doubt that other ways of inflicting charm exist, but they're are not as cheap, not as reliable, and mostly limited to tier-2 and tier-3 demons.
As a side note...
Pink Sign (Mind, 35 SP, Self Area, range: 7)

40 Power attack, enemies only. 20% chance to inflict Charm, turning the targets against their allies. Cannot miss.

I hoped I won't see AoE charm in this game, but what would you know. Now I really hope I will only see it in demons' ability list in the postgame.

3. Healing.
Poor dead unicorn proved to me that single-target heals aren't enough for endgame. So healing rain is a necessity, while eternal heal wounds would make a nice back-up. Seeing as AoE charm does exist, I'll also need a mind-immune (not taking any risks here) demon with calming rain, or 3 with simple calms.
As a side note, pyre rite. Nice, but not very reliable, because allies won't gather around the bonfire that is ignited enemy.

4. Sustenance
Probably the part I'm most familiar with: keeping HP and SP up without actually doing things to keep it up. Seeing how I'll utilize offense down liberally, tormentor and afflicter sound like a good idea. Ever Ready is also nice to have, but not as much once I come to the next part. Vigorous is okay, vengeful is good for frontliners, meditate is great, furious rage is hard to get and probably not worth it, considering I won't be damaging enemy every turn...
Bloodthirst alone is not enough, leech abilities are expensive SP-wise, maxHP draining abilities are even worse in this regard. They're nice when you build around them, but I can't build around them because my build has very different things in mind.
Guilt is good, 10% per strike is good on it's own, especially with abilities which hit multiple times (shocking spear hits each enemy twice, right? so that's 20 SP and 40% of HP to recover with each use), but setting it up to work isn't reliable or quick task. At least, until inquisition, but inquisition is far-away ability.

5. Damage
Tier 1 abilities are not strong enough unless one builds for defence as well. Unless I'm playing a tanky build, I'll get flattened before enemy exhausts itself, so I need to strike first, I need to strike hard, and I need to kill them before they kill me. Still, tier 1 abilities are nice as backup abilities, because any of them is still better than basic 55 power attack.

6. Resistances
My power died because it had dark weakness, and I faced enemies with dark attack. That is reality of that run. I wasn't able to react fast enough, but ultimately, it was the weakness that got him. So what should I do? Just bring more balanced loadout next time! Now, this is probably the hardest part of the plan(tm), because I'll have to find the demons, I'll have to get them ("X turns to defeat" comes to mind...), then I'll have to find a replacement once I start outleveling them. And above all, I'll have to keep track of party elemental report at all times... Not to tell that Capacity Up upgrades are very desirable, because they make it easier to fill elemental gaps.

My god, planning it out is a headache, but if I won't plan it out beforehand, I'll get rekt. Heh, that's what I love about Demon: it makes me think.

So what I need is: quelling cry, guarding cry, alluring gaze OR obsession OR reprogram OR pink whisper OR pink sign, healing rain, mind immunity, calming rain | tons of calm, healing rain, heal wounds, tormentor, ever ready, vigorous, vengeful, some way to deal AoE damage, resistances all over the board, inquisition, Capacity Up I...
Whew. I know I won't get all of them, but I might as well have a reference sitting right here.

So, that is what I will try to play and report once I get far enough. If I even get far enough...
greattuna

Postby Saler » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:03 pm

Looks like you have most of your game plan figured out. I can still give a few more suggestions from my experiences.

Quick Dismiss. It's extremely useful for pulling demons out of dangerous situation. I, personally, always take it as my first upgrade, and I always find fights after than much less nerve wracking.

Healing Flash. A low cost, reasonable cooldown cantrip. You can give it to your magic casters without a worry of them wasting turns on healing (unless they already have a cantrip).

Speaking of healing, it's probably a good idea to have a secondary healer. A demon shouldn't get distracted by healing too much if it has Devotion or Mending. AoE healing is good, but it's expensive and is available in late midgame/lategame only. Or give your frontliners means of draining health (Bloodthirst is probably the best option) and support them with Guilt/OFF down/DEF up.

Cleanse is also very helpful. It's not as important as Calm, but it can remove Paralysis (the only multiple turn disabling status effect that Calm won't fix) and Poison (can kill very quickly if it stacks and is used by several nasty enemies).

The best way to deal with Charm demons, if Calming is impossible/undesirable for some reason, is to stay out of Charm range and replace any demons that get Charmed. Most demons can Charm only at melee range.

Light resistance should be a bit of a priority. Groups of Light demons with high magic and smite attacks become uncomfortably common at a certain point of the game. They also tend to have access to Mending, OFF and DEF up and Silence.
In earlygame, Electricity resistance has a small priority for reasons I think you are well aware of. :)
Ferret wrote:It's funny because I mostly intended them to be a support unit: the one attack and the high Strength were more a nod to them being bears than anything else. :D
Saler

Postby Ferret » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:43 pm

I read everything on here, trust me. :D I might forget some of it, but I do read it. :D

Don't forget SPD Down. :) For that matter, ACC Down and EVD Up can help your defenses too: while they aren't always applicable (since some attacks can't miss), attacks that do check accuracy tend to hit harder than those that don't, so they can still be handy.

Charm is definitely the strongest status condition currently available... but it is also the one with the lowest odds of being inflicted, relatively speaking. You may find Sleep, Panic, Paralyze more reliable at sticking on targets. Paralyze in particular gets special mention as the only hard disable status that isn't Mind-elemental.

AE Charm is pretty scary. :D It was inevitable though: every element has its pinnacle to reach for: mass control spells are definitely it for Mind. :) Pink Sign will probably not even be the worst of it: wait until Succubi show up :D That said, I'm planning on adding some alternatives to Cleanse/Calm/Absolve/etc. for dealing with status changes and will probably do that first.

I'm glad you're having fun planning things out like this. :D I always wondered if anyone would use that Codex thing. :D

Good luck with the execution :D
Ferret

Postby greattuna » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:33 am

Code: Select all
 The glitch is still charmed!
 The glitch stares at your faerie.
 The glitch unsummons your faerie!

This glitch is glitched.

Demon Party Dump File
Version 5/26/2017, Scoring Model: 5/26/2017
Dump file created at: 6/17/2017 1:59:35 AM

Summoner Trefer...
was chosen by the Faithful Heart,
selected Fire and Mind as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 3814,
is currently at Anomaly:1,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Trefer
Level: 8
MaxHP: 64
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 4
Magic   : 33
Vitality: 18
Agility : 4
Cunning : 31

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Set Alight (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
2) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
3) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
5) Restore (Type: Healing, 20 SP. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Restore (5))
6) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
7) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

Relic Upgrades:
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)
Revelation (Unlocks the Revelation transmutation, which grants a demon a random ability based on the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)

Inventory:
3 Chakra gem
2 Heal gem
10 Heal stone
1 Blizzard rune
1 Pain glyph
1 Wind card
1 Magic map
1 Flame glyph
2 Frost glyph
1 Zephyr card
3 Chakra stone

Current Credits: 399

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        1          0          1          5*         0         
Impact       1          0          1          5*         0         
Pierce       1          0          1          5*         0         
Fire         1*         0          3*         2          1         
Ice          1*         0          1          4*         1         
Electricity  1          0          1          4*         1         
Body         0          1          1          3*         1         
Mind         1*         0          1          4*         1         
Light        1          0          1          2*         3         
Dark         0          0          2          1          3*         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Lifegiver Faerie
Level: 7
MaxHP: 52
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 5
Magic   : 26
Vitality: 15
Agility : 22
Cunning : 17

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Lucky Aid (Type: Healing, 0 SP. One effect chosen at random for the target: Heal 50% HP (unaffected by your Magic bonus), restores 50 SP, or removes all negative status effects. Cooldown: Luck (3))
5) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
8) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))

Name : Stormsworn Will o' wisp
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 15
Magic   : 15
Agility : 21
Cunning : 19

Immune: Body
Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Electricity
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Pierce (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Moves you to different, randomly selected, position adjacent to the target.)
2) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
4) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) Electropulse (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has an 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Actaeon
Level: 8
MaxHP: 63

Strength: 27
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 20
Agility : 27
Cunning : 9

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
4) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
5) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Vitalize (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Briefly bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
8) War Spirit (Type: Healing, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by restoring 25 of your SP.)

Name : Kasha
MaxHP: 43

Strength: 12
Cunning : 21

Resist: Fire Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Oni
Level: 18
MaxHP: 81

Strength: 48
Magic   : 11
Vitality: 37
Cunning : 22

Resist: Fire Body Dark
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Shellbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
2) Double Impact (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Impact attacks.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
7) Vitalize (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Briefly bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

You burn Zaji.
 It's super effective! Zaji is set on fire!
 Zaji's power returns to normal.
 Your oni is no longer regenerating.
 Your kasha gestures at Zaji.
 Zaji resists.
 Your oni hits Zaji.
 Zaji is stunned!
 Your oni hits Zaji.
 Your faerie gestures at herself.
 Your faerie grins!
 Your faerie will be more accurate longer!
 Using Pyre Rite...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute,
 Escape to cancel.
 You stare at Zaji.
 Your oni looks refreshed.
 Your kasha looks refreshed.
 You feel refreshed.
 Zaji feels less guilty.
 Zaji resists.
 Your oni hits Zaji. (x2)
 Zaji is no longer stunned.
 Zaji throws a frost arrow at you.
 Zaji freezes you.
 You feel cold!
 Your faerie gestures at you.
 You feel better. (x2)
 Using Pyre Rite...
 Escape to cancel.
 You stare at Zaji. You feel better.
 Your kasha looks refreshed.
 You feel refreshed.
 Zaji looks guilty!
 Your oni hits Zaji.
 Your oni kills Zaji!!
 You have defeated a hero, and may gain one
 of their abilities.
 Learn Vigorous? (Y or N)
 You receive Vigorous from Zaji!
 Your oni reaches Level 18!
 Your will o' wisp reaches Level 7!
 Your faerie gestures at your oni.

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Gandayah
Level: 2
MaxHP: 37

Vitality: 17
Agility : 8
Cunning : 8

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Huo shu
Level: 4
MaxHP: 39

Strength: 17
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 12
Agility : 11
Cunning : 14

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Malingee
Level: 5
MaxHP: 41

Strength: 27
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 12
Agility : 18
Cunning : 12

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Profane Zaltys
MaxHP: 38

Strength: 6
Magic   : 25
Vitality: 6
Agility : 19

Abilities Known:
1) Emit Light (Type: Light, 5 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Lucky Aid (Type: Healing, 0 SP. One effect chosen at random for the target: Heal 50% HP (unaffected by your Magic bonus), restores 50 SP, or removes all negative status effects. Cooldown: Luck (3))
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Emit Void (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
5) Sadist's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks remove Agony.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Jiang shi
MaxHP: 45

Strength: 18
Magic   : 7
Agility : 20
Cunning : 12

Resist: Body Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ukobach
MaxHP: 40

Strength: 8
Magic   : 20
Vitality: 8
Agility : 20

Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Searing Touch (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

I wrote more detailed report, but when I went on to preview it, it asked me to relog, and it ended badly. So here's a condensed version:

Plan is working, charm is great, but I still need a lot of things. I forgot Tormentor, and I'm very low on credits. On the other hand, got Oni, he should carry me for a decent amount of time.

First time seeing war spirit "in person", not impressed. 25 SP is what, a few ability casts? And by the time I kill things, I don't need extra SP because I'm winning already.

Also first time using Greek Fire. Saves me SP, because I don't have to recast Set Alight every 3! turns (because ignite from it lasts only 2).

Revelated a few things for Actaeon, wanted healing factor, got war spirit, vitalize and diehard. Vitalize will get some use, but other two abilities are a bit lackluster.

Thanks for advices, I'll consider altering my plans to accomodate SPD Down at least, because it's unresistible and, well, -33% speed.

Will (re)write detailed report later, after I get to T:10 (or die), for now I have to sleep~
greattuna

Postby greattuna » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Using Set Alight...
 Escape to cancel.
 You are out of control!
 You burn the eye killer.
 You defeat the eye killer!!
 The eye killer is no longer heroic.
 The eye killer joins your party!!
 Your eye killer is no longer heroic.
 Your eye killer is set on fire!
 Your nero chants while pointing at you.
 You calm down.

He was 14 levels above me, but I really wanted the eye killer.

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 6/17/2017 6:59:43 PM

Summoner Trefer...
has earned a score of 30082,
is currently at Tower:15,
and is still alive!

Level: 22
MaxHP: 121

Magic   : 54
Vitality: 39
Agility : 9
Cunning : 59

Abilities Known:
1) Set Alight (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
2) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
3) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
5) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
6) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
7) Greek Fire (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases the duration of your Ignite effects by 3 turns.)

Relic Upgrades:
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)
Revelation (Unlocks the Revelation transmutation, which grants a demon a random ability based on the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)

Inventory:
3 Chakra gem
1 Pain glyph
1 Wind card
2 Magic map
5 Heal gem
2 Zephyr card
17 Heal stone
11 Chakra stone
5 Pure stone
1 Peace offering
1 Mirror chime
1 Bolt glyph
3 Pure gem
1 Blizzard rune
1 Bronze offering

Current Credits: 2367

Slash        1          0          0          7*         1         
Impact       3          0          2          6*         0         
Pierce       0          0          0          8*         0         
Fire         2*         1          2*         1          4         
Ice          0          0          3          3*         2         
Electricity  0          1          1          5*         1         
Body         0          1          2          5*         0         
Mind         3*         1          1          5*         1         
Light        1          1          0          4*         3         
Dark         1          0          3          3          2*         

Level: 25
MaxHP: 101

Strength: 60
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 45
Agility : 28
Cunning : 28

Abilities Known:
1) Shellbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
2) Double Impact (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Impact attacks.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Name : Shoggoth
Level: 23

Strength: 47
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 46
Agility : 26
Cunning : 33

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
8) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)

Name : Eye killer
Level: 32
MaxHP: 111

Strength: 34
Magic   : 46
Vitality: 29
Agility : 46
Cunning : 55

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Maul (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Muddle Host (Type: Mind, 35 SP. 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the targets' actions to sometimes be randomized.)
3) Furious Rage (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your health is at 50% or less of maximum and your last action was a damaging ability.)
4) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
5) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
8) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)

Name : Zagh
Level: 21
MaxHP: 83

Magic   : 50
Vitality: 25
Agility : 31
Cunning : 37

Immune: Mind Light
Weak  : Fire Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
4) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
7) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
8) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)

Name : Shikigami
MaxHP: 76

Magic   : 44
Agility : 37
Cunning : 44

Resist: Impact Ice Dark
Weak  : Slash Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Spite (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Cull (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
4) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Pele
MaxHP: 94

Magic   : 60
Vitality: 28
Cunning : 21

Immune: Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)

Name : Ninkasi
Level: 23
MaxHP: 89

Strength: 19
Magic   : 32
Vitality: 32
Agility : 41
Cunning : 41

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (4))
5) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
6) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
7) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
8) ------------

Your shoggoth concentrates briefly.
 Your shoggoth will be protected longer!
 Your eye killer concentrates briefly.
 Your eye killer will be protected longer!
 Using Slow...
 Escape to cancel.
 You gesture at the scarab.
 The scarab will be slow longer!
 Your eye killer gestures widely.
 The scarab resists.
 Your zagh concentrates briefly.
 Your zagh will be protected longer!
 You swap places with your eye killer.
 You swap places with your shoggoth.
 Your shoggoth concentrates briefly.
 Your shoggoth will be protected longer!
 Your eye killer concentrates briefly.
 Your eye killer will be protected longer!
 Your eye killer swaps places with your
 shoggoth.
 Using Slow...
 Escape to cancel.
 You gesture at the scarab.
 The scarab will be slow longer!
 Your zagh concentrates briefly.
 Your zagh will be protected longer!
 The scarab joins your party!!
 You have too many allies and must delete
 one.
 Spend 1708 C to grant Scarab a random
 ability from its modifier list? (Y or N)
 Your scarab receives Rabblerouser!
 one.
 Your scarab receives Battle Cry!
 one.
 Your scarab receives Might!
 one.
 Really delete Scarab? (Y or N)
 You delete your scarab!

Name : Stormsworn Will o' wisp
Level: 12
MaxHP: 58

Strength: 20
Magic   : 20
Vitality: 19
Cunning : 24

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Electricity
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Pierce (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Moves you to different, randomly selected, position adjacent to the target.)
2) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
4) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) Electropulse (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has an 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Freybug
Level: 1
MaxHP: 30

Strength: 9
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 9
Agility : 13
Cunning : 18

Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Nero
Level: 14
MaxHP: 88

Strength: 16
Magic   : 39
Agility : 15
Cunning : 11

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
4) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) Lucky Aid (Type: Healing, 0 SP. One effect chosen at random for the target: Heal 50% HP (unaffected by your Magic bonus), restores 50 SP, or removes all negative status effects. Cooldown: Luck (3))
6) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
8) ------------

Name : Kasha
Level: 15
MaxHP: 64

Strength: 17
Magic   : 23
Vitality: 22
Agility : 33
Cunning : 30

Abilities Known:
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Raiju
Level: 20
MaxHP: 65

Magic   : 42
Agility : 42
Cunning : 30

Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
4) Electropulse (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has an 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Aithir
Level: 17
MaxHP: 70

Strength: 10
Magic   : 38
Cunning : 38

Immune: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Fire Ice Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
2) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 10, and if you start your turn with a Light or Dark cooldown of 2 or less, it is cleared.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Scarab
MaxHP: 66

Strength: 22
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 40
Agility : 45

Immune: Light Dark
Resist: Slash Pierce
Weak  : Impact

Abilities Known:
1) Gift of Life (Type: Healing, 10 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Then, transfers up to 15 SP to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
4) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
5) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)
6) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
7) Battle Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
8) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)

Finally I have a status build that works. Nothing like enemies fumbling around trying to hit each other.

And it's a good thing it works, because if it wouldn't, I wouldn't be able to recover. I've only been able to revelate once since I tried it with Actaeon, right here, with scarab, I tried to get guarding cry. I had credits for 3 attempts and a copy, so I blew all three attempts and got something not useful to me.

Thankfully, I was able to have DEF Up by having spread out Prepare between demons, as a bonus, it's a free action! I must say, reducing incoming damage makes battles so much more controllable. I've never lost an ally since anomaly... yet.

After Oni, I've met a relic wraith with a Shoggoth (underleveled) in T:7. Sacrificed Actaeon to get him, but hey, I didn't need Actaeon.

In the same T:7, I've managed to kill a hand of dead wraith before he ate all his allies. Unfortunately, he didn't have anything of use to me.

Enemy lured an eye killer in Anzu's Sanctum. Seeing how I didn't have offerings at all (used my only one on Oni back then), I had to recruit him conventionally. Thankfully, all he did was spamming Muddle Host, while we pummeled him to death. Speaking of which, AoE Panic is a blessing. I'd rather prefer AoE Paralyze, actually, to diversify elements, but I take what I can get, and panic is good enough.

Then, somewhere after, I recruited Zagh, for one simple reason: Mind. Immunity. While I'm not going to turn him into eternal healing machine (don't want to, and I don't have Ritualist), he's doing pretty good for a healer\attacker hybrid. Humble is a great starter, and King's Mien is a great addition to starter. While I don't like Light\Dark because they're rather gimmick-y, I'm okay with this one, I don't want Zagh to waste SP on attacks after combat started.

Then got Pele. She had alluring veil. I've replaced all dazzling veils with alluring ones, because- well, more free charm. Sometimes it leads to hilarity, like 4 out of 5 enemy demons fighting each other just because I got lucky with procs.

Even SPD down gets some use... as a speedbreaker blow. Regular slow is too expensive and dare I say, slow. It's only good when I need to chase something. It stays because sometimes I have to chase something.

And I still don't have nukes. It'll going to bite me in rear end when I get to tier 3, I swear.

Oh, I got Ninkasi too. Funny as it may be, but I can't find any use nor space for Ever Ready, so for now she just chills out in relic as a backup healer.
greattuna

Postby greattuna » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:10 pm

I did so much, and got so far, but in the end, it didn't even matter.

Talk about bad ending. There were 7 of them, 4 with charm and 3 with AoE panic. And I did not have an area calm. My virtue was immune to mind though, but that's about it. And just when things started to look up, I forgot to check my own health in a profoundly stupid move.

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 6/18/2017 12:34:24 AM

Summoner Trefer...
has earned a score of 68401,
is currently at Tower:22,
and is quite dead!

Level: 32
MaxHP: 160

Magic   : 69
Vitality: 54
Agility : 9
Cunning : 84

Abilities Known:
4) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
5) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))

Relic Upgrades:
Capacity Up II (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 8 at once.)

Inventory:
2 Pain glyph
1 Wind card
3 Magic map
2 Zephyr card
7 Heal stone
12 Chakra stone
9 Pure stone
2 Peace offering
1 Mirror chime
3 Pure gem
9 Heal gem
1 Blizzard rune
1 Curse rune
1 Flame glyph
1 Venom rune
1 Trouble chime
1 Frost glyph
1 Chakra gem
1 Tempest rune

Current Credits: 6124

Slash        2          0          1          7*         1         
Impact       3          0          1          7*         1         
Pierce       1          0          1          7*         1         
Fire         1*         1          3*         4          1         
Ice          1          1          2          5*         1         
Electricity  0          1          1          5*         2         
Body         1          1          1          6*         1         
Mind         3*         1          0          8*         0         
Light        0          3          1          3*         2         
Dark         1          0          3          2          4*         

Level: 29
MaxHP: 114

Strength: 67
Vitality: 51
Agility : 31

Abilities Known:
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Name : Eye killer
Level: 37
MaxHP: 124

Strength: 37
Magic   : 52
Vitality: 33
Agility : 52
Cunning : 61

Abilities Known:
1) Maul (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Muddle Host (Type: Mind, 35 SP. 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the targets' actions to sometimes be randomized.)
3) Furious Rage (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your health is at 50% or less of maximum and your last action was a damaging ability.)
4) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
5) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)

Name : Unicorn
MaxHP: 114

Strength: 35
Magic   : 55
Agility : 35

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) ------------

Name : Mindbender Virtue
Level: 36
MaxHP: 113

Strength: 14
Magic   : 101
Vitality: 14
Cunning : 79

Resist: Fire Electricity Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Repair Flesh (Type: Healing, 30 SP. 130 Power heal.)
2) Vitae (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies. Removes all negative status changes, then applies a 150 Power heal. Cooldown: Miracle (2))
3) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
7) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
8) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Name : Phoenix
Level: 31
MaxHP: 113

Strength: 29
Magic   : 45
Vitality: 28
Agility : 58
Cunning : 45

Resist: Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Burning Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 100 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Burning Scythe (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack, split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
5) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
6) Eternal Glory (Type: Healing, Passive. Fully restores MaxHP and then HP when HP reaches 0. Cooldown: Soul (90))
7) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
8) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))

Name : Corrupt Shojo
Level: 30
MaxHP: 122

Strength: 32
Magic   : 59
Agility : 12
Cunning : 58

Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Life Bloom (Type: Healing, 30 SP. Only affects characters with the Regeneration effect. 105 Power heal.)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Envenom Host (Type: Body, 20 SP. 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Body Lock (Type: Body, 30 SP. 70% chance to cause Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
7) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
8) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

Name : Yuki-onna
Level: 30
MaxHP: 110

Strength: 32
Magic   : 60
Agility : 32

Immune: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Power
Level: 28

Strength: 81
Vitality: 49
Agility : 30
Cunning : 15

Immune: Light
Resist: Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Eviscerate (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Rhino Charge (Type: Impact, 20 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
4) Shellbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
6) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
7) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))

The yuki-onna's power returns to normal.
 The mulassa's power returns to normal. (x2)
 This is the 5/26/2017 version of Demon,
 using the 5/26/2017 scoring system.
 Your current score is 68401.
 Using Pyre Rite...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Alluring Gaze...
 Escape to cancel.
 You gaze at the yuki-onna.
 The yuki-onna is charmed!
 The yuki-onna calms down.
 The yuki-onna freezes you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 You feel cold!
 The yuki-onna looks refreshed.
 The yuki-onna calms down.
 The yuki-onna hits you.
 The mulassa bites you.
 Your eye killer pecks the yuki-onna.
 Your eye killer looks healthier.
 Your virtue chants while pointing at your
 oni.
 Your oni is no longer charmed.
 The yuki-onna is still charmed!
 The mulassa bites your oni.
 Your oni shouts a battle cry.
 The yuki-onna looks weaker!
 The mulassa resists. The yuki-onna resists.
 The mulassa looks weaker!
 The yuki-onna resists. The mulassa resists.
 The yuki-onna hits you.
 The yuki-onna is still charmed!
 The yuki-onna hits the yuki-onna.
 The yuki-onna freezes you.
 You feel like you will be cold longer!
 The mulassa bites you.
 You die...

Name : Aithir
Level: 17
MaxHP: 70

Strength: 10
Cunning : 38

Immune: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Fire Ice Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Light Dart (Type: Light, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Harmlessly passes through non-enemy targets in its line of fire.)
2) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 10, and if you start your turn with a Light or Dark cooldown of 2 or less, it is cleared.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Scarab
MaxHP: 66

Magic   : 22
Vitality: 40
Agility : 45

Immune: Light Dark
Resist: Slash Pierce
Weak  : Impact

Abilities Known:
1) Gift of Life (Type: Healing, 10 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Then, transfers up to 15 SP to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
5) Uncurse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down.)
6) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
7) Battle Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
8) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)

Name : Shikigami
MaxHP: 76

Magic   : 44
Agility : 37

Resist: Impact Ice Dark
Weak  : Slash Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Spite (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Cull (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
4) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Jinn
MaxHP: 90

Strength: 26
Magic   : 45
Agility : 25
Cunning : 32

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fireball (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Disable Mind (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged. Cannot miss.)
4) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
5) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Zagh
MaxHP: 85

Magic   : 52
Vitality: 25
Cunning : 39

Weak  : Fire Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
2) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
3) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
6) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
7) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
8) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)

Name : Shoggoth
Level: 25
MaxHP: 108

Strength: 49
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 49
Cunning : 35

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))

Name : Pele
Level: 26
MaxHP: 108

Strength: 21
Magic   : 70
Cunning : 25

Abilities Known:
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)

Name : Ninkasi
MaxHP: 106

Vitality: 37
Agility : 49
Cunning : 49

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
6) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
8) ------------

The plan worked, I guess. Or, it would've been if I weren't stupid, had more credits and copied some more abilities.

I did get a demon killed. It was zagh, my only loss. I pondered about restoring him, but:

1. I did not have enough credits (this time, I spent all the money on copying\fusion\etc.), and
2. I found a virtue on the very next floor.

And let's talk about virtue, while we're at it. He loves his lux. Loves it so much, he has to use it on every opportunity. I had to remove it (and channeler, because I needed slots), but then I ran into another problem: virtue is very unwilling to use vitae. The only time I saw him actually use it, he used it... to cure my Mute status! And that's it, 20% of level go to waste. I don't recall him using it in this last fight, it didn't occur to me to check it until now. :oops: But if he weren't, it would've well save my bacon here, what with calming my charmed demons + healing me.

Plus, I still didn't have a nuke spell! And it bit me in tier 3 land, just as I predicted.

I planned on luring bigfoot in T:19 (or T:20), but instead I lured in SoDarkSoCold, a relic wraith! Fortunately, he wasn't that hard.
And then, on T:20... Lights out!

I charmed him on turn 1, then with his and oni's help, we brought his druj nasu to critical health. After that, he got uncharmed and ate it. Then after brief struggle we brought his maxHP to 40... and then he ate all his demons.

Your oni is no longer chilled.
 Your oni hits Lights out.
 Your oni hits Lights out.
 The summoner's relic struggles to keep them
 alive!
 Your eye killer mauls Lights out.
 alive!
 Your eye killer mauls Lights out.
 alive!
 Lights out is no longer stunned.
 Lights out deletes the kuchisake!
 Lights out consumes the kuchisake!
 Lights out looks healthier.
 Lights out looks refreshed.
 Lights out recycles the kuchisake!
 Lights out deletes the shoggoth!
 Lights out consumes the shoggoth!
 Lights out recycles the shoggoth!
 Lights out deletes the cherufe!
 Lights out consumes the cherufe!
 Lights out recycles the cherufe!
 Lights out deletes the leib-olmai!
 Lights out consumes the leib-olmai!
 Lights out recycles the leib-olmai!
 Lights out deletes the unicorn!
 Lights out consumes the unicorn!
 Lights out recycles the unicorn!
 Lights out deletes the vishap!
 Lights out consumes the vishap!
 Lights out recycles the vishap!

Yeah, that's -6 demons in span of 1 turn. What the hell.

Still, "sleepy" 6-packs (and regular 7-packs, because hell, why not, it's t-i-e-r 3) were the biggest problem. Wraiths were like a speedbump, except full of experience.

I can't say a lot about my builds because they were pretty much unchanged since T:15. Minor adjustments here and there, mostly to fill the spots and get a fancy ability. Or get a power, because I like power. Shame about lack of guarding cry, one more thing to a list of things that would've saved me if I had any. :lol:
greattuna

Postby Ferret » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:31 pm

I've noted the Glitch bug. :D I'll see if I can fix it for the upcoming build.

Greek Fire's a big help with any Ignite-based strategy: +3 turns more than doubles the duration of most Ignite effects. :)

Prepare is actually a fairly neat way to get your DEF Up access, if you can spare the ability slots and don't mind the Credits cost or it using up the Cantrip cooldown. That's a fair number of ifs, true, but like you said: DEF Up is nice, and if you do it this way, you don't have to have a dedicated buffer out draining their SP into the ground over it. :D

I didn't anticipate and am actually not sure why Hand of the Dead summoners have started spite-consuming their demons in response to being brought low on HP. It *is* a free action by design, so using 6 in one turn isn't the problem so much as they shouldn't be doing it for no benefit. :P

Re: Third post: Noooooooo! Tower:22! So close! :(

I've added "take another look at Miracle AI" to the list to see if I can clean up the Lux, Vitae problems. Sleepy 6-packs're down to Sleepy 5-packs in the next build: these can be worse than the 6-7 you might run into normally, because in a corpse encounter spawn, all of the demons get scaled to your level, whereas in the 6-7 random encounter, some of the will be lower level than you.

Congrats for you anyway though, T:22 is a really close call on a win. :D Thanks for the reports. :D
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:46 pm

Ha, now we can both be peeved with Lights Out's spite consumption...

I wonder if the spite consumption is being triggered by being low on maxHP and the AI thinking it can consume its way out? Lights Out had 6maxHP when he spite consumed everything in my encounter.
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:02 am

That's almost certainly what it is. :D
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Fixed the Glitch bug, btw. The Disconnect ability had not been marked as hostile, so it did not inverse behavior when Charmed. Thanks again. :)
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion