Yet another YASD thread

The tower awaits!

Re: Yet another YASD thread

Postby greattuna » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:46 am

Thanks, I'll play around with enemy lure some more just to make sure.

Anyway... nothing like 6-pack of demons wrecking a good run.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 5/26/2017, Scoring Model: 5/26/2017
Dump file created at: 6/3/2017 10:56:30 AM

Summoner mammothtank...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Slash and Healing as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 7237,
is currently at Tower:6,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Mammothtank
Level: 11
MaxHP: 85
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 51
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 34
Agility : 11
Cunning : 20

Resist: Body
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Slice (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Stunning Blow (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
7) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
8) Counterattack (Type: Slash, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 55 Power attack.)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)

Inventory:
3 Heal gem
1 Curse rune
2 Might gem
4 Chakra stone
3 Pure gem
1 Frost glyph
8 Pure stone
1 Flame glyph
1 Peace offering
2 Blizzard rune
1 Magic map
1 Night rune
1 Bolt glyph
1 Heal stone
1 Venom rune

Current Credits: 6225

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        4*         0          0          7*         0         
Impact       1*         0          0          7*         0         
Pierce       1          0          0          7*         0         
Fire         0          0          2          3*         2         
Ice          1          1          2          3*         1         
Electricity  0          0          0          3          4*         
Body         0          1          3*         2          1         
Mind         0          0          1          6*         0         
Light        1          0          1          3*         3         
Dark         0          0          2          4*         1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Kasha
Level: 10
MaxHP: 52

Strength: 14
Magic   : 18
Vitality: 18
Agility : 26
Cunning : 24

Resist: Fire Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
7) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
8) ------------

Name : Blessed Jiang shi
Level: 9
MaxHP: 64

Strength: 23
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 23
Agility : 25
Cunning : 15

Resist: Body Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
6) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Headless
MaxHP: 82

Strength: 24
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 40
Agility : 14
Cunning : 14

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Nero
MaxHP: 73
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 13
Magic   : 33
Vitality: 33
Agility : 12
Cunning : 9

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
7) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
8) ------------

Name : Asrai
MaxHP: 48

Strength: 7
Magic   : 35
Vitality: 9
Cunning : 19

Immune: Ice
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Frost Dart (Type: Ice, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
4) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 10%.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Blessed Ruhin
Level: 11

Strength: 8
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 21
Agility : 27
Cunning : 32

Immune: Body
Resist: Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
7) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

It isn't very effective.
 You are infected!
 Your defense returns to normal.
 Your power returns to normal.
 The flying head shocks you.
 It's super effective!
 You will regenerate longer!
 The flying head bites you.
 It's super effective!
 The ukobach swaps places with the scapegoat.
 Your kasha is no longer infected.
 The satyr focuses on you.
 You stagger.
 The red cap concentrates briefly.
 The red cap will be more accurate longer!
 The red cap claws you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 You counterattack. You slash the red cap.
 You feel better. You feel refreshed.
 The ukobach sears you.
 You will be burning longer!
 You counterattack. You slash the ukobach.
 You feel better. The chindi eliminates you.
 You counterattack.
 You miss the chindi.
 The flying head bites you.
 It's super effective!
 You counterattack.
 You miss the flying head.
 You will regenerate longer!
 You counterattack.
 You slash the flying head.
 You kill the flying head!!
 You feel better.
 The scapegoat's evasion returns to normal.
 The satyr focuses on you.
 You stumble.
 The red cap claws you.
 You counterattack.
 You miss the red cap.
 The ukobach sears you.
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Freybug
Level: 4
MaxHP: 39

Strength: 11
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 11
Agility : 17
Cunning : 23

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Echeneis
MaxHP: 45

Magic   : 16
Vitality: 20
Agility : 14

Abilities Known:
1) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Faerie
Level: 5
MaxHP: 39

Strength: 6
Magic   : 19
Vitality: 7
Agility : 24
Cunning : 19

Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Artemis
MaxHP: 42

Strength: 17
Magic   : 7
Vitality: 9
Agility : 23

Resist: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
3) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Psychic Nero
Level: 7
MaxHP: 54

Magic   : 23
Vitality: 19
Cunning : 21

Resist: Fire Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Mind Twist (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cannot miss.)
6) Madness Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ogre
Level: 6
MaxHP: 53

Strength: 26
Vitality: 25

Weak  : Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Heavy Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
2) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 25% of their maximum HP.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Gandayah
Level: 8
MaxHP: 56

Strength: 18
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 26
Cunning : 12

Resist: Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

(sometime after my second-cycler died to another 6-pack) I decided to go with sure slice build. The idea was as simple as they come: I want to have only one ability, but I want it to work. And it did.

Healing factor is, once again, a great sustaining ability. It helped me immensely all these times I got shocked by aerasi and could do nothing. And I did get shocked a lot, obviously. Still, I managed to clear Anomaly without expending a single item, except 1 (one) heal gem to heal my asrai whom I linked with. And yes, it was a heal gem, because I had 4 of them, but 0 heal stones.

Even Paracelsus wasn't that hard anymore, weirdly enough. He just... couldn't do much while I was lazily cutting down his posse and then, him.

But what got me was a 6-pack from corpse on Tower:6 in open space. After 3? turns of sleeping, during which I failed to kill either of demons, they all woke up, turning the fight into 4v6. Then nero got into red, I had to dismiss him. Then kasha got into red, I had to dismiss her. Then Headless got into red, I had to dismiss him. Then I got into red, but I couldn't dismiss myself. :( I couldn't do anything, because I was either panicked, stunned, or 'stumbling badly!', plus infected to shutdown my healing factor. I still got one of the demons by counterattacking, but it was small consolation, considering I died.
greattuna

Postby Ferret » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:31 pm

Healing Factor is definitely pretty great in the post-status effect buff era. :D It might even be tooooo great, and I saw that possibility coming when I made the Regen changes, but I almost always hesitate to follow a global change by going around and cancelling it out on a bunch of individual cases because this usually turns out to be like... well, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAXk7yFZJE4

That said, Healing Factor may be a case where some attention is needed, though I'd probably start gentle and just reduce the duration of the Regen: since it triggers constantly while under 50%, the only practical effect this would have is reducing the amount of HP over 50% it helps you get.

"Sleepy" corpse spawns are pretty dangerous stuff: they always include more monsters than a normal encounter in exchange for the fact they're all sleeping. Deciding whether or not to risk tangling with them or just using the sleepytime as a head start on fleeing is a big deal. :D It's probably going to go badly if there are still 6 of them when Sleep wears off and you haven't used the time to move away from them.

Thanks for the report!
Ferret

Postby greattuna » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:20 am

While Regen by itself is nice, that's not why I'm singing the song of praise to Healing Factor. I like it so much because it's just convenient. No SP\cooldown shenanigans, no additional abilites to make it work well, no need to rely on allies to provide it (I'm looking at you Nero, where do you spend all your SP?), it just works.

Ferret wrote:using the sleepytime as a head start on fleeing

Funnily enough, this is how my second-cycler died. I was in Arcadia and just dealt with a first sleeping 6-pack, just barely, after spending every single healing item and losing more than half of MaxHP I had. So when another 6-pack popped out from a corpse, I immediately darted... but they woke up. I had swiftness, but they had Raicho, and there was no getting away from it.

Anyway, current run is-

GODDAMIT AERASI

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 6/4/2017 1:41:00 PM

Summoner der artiller...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Mind and Electricity as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 3992,
is currently at Anomaly:1,
and is still alive!

Name : Der artiller
MaxHP: 68

Strength: 4
Magic   : 53
Agility : 4
Cunning : 11

Immune: Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Mind Scream (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 40 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
3) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
4) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
5) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)
8) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)

Relic Upgrades:
Translator (Reduces the cost of using Copy Ability on yourself by 50%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)

Inventory:
2 Peace offering
1 Chakra gem
1 Heart glyph
1 Pain glyph
2 Heal gem
1 Magic map
2 Pure stone
1 Blizzard rune
1 Ghost chime
1 Bolt glyph
1 Heal stone
1 Bronze offering
1 Chakra stone

Current Credits: 4140

Slash        2          0          0          6          1*         
Impact       2          0          0          6          1*         
Pierce       0          0          0          6          1*         
Fire         0          0          2          4*         1         
Ice          1          0          4          2*         1         
Electricity  1*         0          1          4*         2         
Body         0          0          1          5*         1         
Mind         1*         1*         0          6          0         
Light        2*         0          1          3*         3         
Dark         0          0          1          5*         1         

MaxHP: 46

Magic   : 10
Vitality: 13
Agility : 21
Cunning : 28

Abilities Known:
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Icesworn Echeneis

Strength: 16
Vitality: 22
Agility : 18
Cunning : 10

Abilities Known:
1) Chilling Touch (Type: Ice, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) Flash Freeze (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Chills the target for an unusually long duration, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Aurastrike (Type: None, Passive. If your last action was a Fire, Electricity, or Ice ability, adds damage and a chance of a special effect of that type to Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Icy Hammer (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Impact and Ice. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
8) ------------

Name : Gandayah

Magic   : 21
Vitality: 24

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 74

Strength: 22
Vitality: 37
Cunning : 12

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

Strength: 12
Magic   : 16
Vitality: 16
Cunning : 22

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
7) Icy Hammer (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Impact and Ice. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
8) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)

Name : Nero

Magic   : 24
Agility : 13
Cunning : 10

Abilities Known:
6) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

movement keys. Press Enter to execute,
 Escape to cancel.
 You smite the aeras.
 It's super effective!
 You feel refreshed.
 Your gandayah chants while pointing at your
 nero. Your gandayah looks more tired.
 Your nero looks refreshed.
 Your echeneis hammers the aeras.
 Your echeneis freezes the aeras.
 Your echeneis looks refreshed.
 The aeras will be shivering longer!
 The aeras concentrates briefly.
 The aeras will be more evasive longer!
 The aeras emits sparks.
 The aeras misses your nero.
 The aeras strikes your gandayah.
 It isn't very effective.
 Using Censure...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 Escape to cancel.
 You smite the aeras.
 It's super effective!
 You feel refreshed.
 Your nero is no longer shocked.
 Your nero gestures at itself.
 Your nero will regenerate longer!
 Your echeneis kills the aeras!!
 Your echeneis looks refreshed.
 You siphon the soul of the aeras.
 It isn't very effective.
 You feel better. You feel refreshed.
 Using Censure...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 You begin resting.
 Your gandayah is no longer regenerating.
 Your nero gestures at your echeneis.
 Your echeneis begins to regenerate!
 Your nero is no longer regenerating.
 Your echeneis is no longer regenerating.
 You continue resting to restore your
 inactive allies.
 Rest complete, but you must defeat enemies
 to restore your allies' missing Maximum HP.

Name : Malingee
MaxHP: 38

Strength: 26
Magic   : 5
Vitality: 11

Resist: Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Alma
Level: 2

Agility : 7
Cunning : 4

Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Polar Rush (Type: Impact, 5 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with an 85 Power Impact/Ice attack. Then, Chill enemies in front of you, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Charge (4))
2) Icy Hammer (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Impact and Ice. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Flash Freeze (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Chills the target for an unusually long duration, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Icesworn Alma
Level: 2
MaxHP: 44

Magic   : 11
Agility : 10
Cunning : 5

Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Polar Rush (Type: Impact, 5 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with an 85 Power Impact/Ice attack. Then, Chill enemies in front of you, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Charge (4))
2) Icy Hammer (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Impact and Ice. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Flash Freeze (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Chills the target for an unusually long duration, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))
5) Aurastrike (Type: None, Passive. If your last action was a Fire, Electricity, or Ice ability, adds damage and a chance of a special effect of that type to Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
6) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Jiang shi

Vitality: 17

Resist: Body Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Faerie
Level: 3
MaxHP: 32

Strength: 5
Vitality: 6
Cunning : 16

Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Lucky Charm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Resets Luck cooldown. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
3) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Easg saint
MaxHP: 36

Strength: 7
Magic   : 21
Vitality: 8
Agility : 20

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

It was a weird run so far. Until T:4 I had no healing at all, so instead I relied on heavy offense and what little sustain I could find. Bloodthirst + guilt alone don't make a surviving combo, but they help my demons to last just long enough to outlast their demons, and that's okay in my book. Thankfully, I managed to pick up a Nero somewhere before anomaly. I also sticked in and Icy Hammer + Tormentor combo for energy recovery (hammer always procs chill, and appears to hit twice, which makes for nice 10 SP\turn recovery), but I haven't seen my kasha use it as intended so far. She seems to prefer Weigh Sin + Fiery Claw + Tormentor combo, but I'll keep the hammer somewhere in ability lists, just in case.

And of course I have to build around tormentor, because nothing else is available so far: Ccoa (vigorous) once again short jaunted at last turn, and Actaeon\Artemis (bloodlust) didn't spawn at all. There is refresh, I'll admit, but making it work would require too much overhead from my part.

I'm getting a bit confused by Enemy Lure. If I spend it on a floor, then go to a branch, don't use lure there, then go back to a floor, the cooldown will be still reset, right? But if I use lure in the branch, I won't get a second shot on the floor. And I was wondering why it doesn't warn me...

I must say, I like Mind immunity. Most of the nastiest statuses are Mind, and not having to worry about them makes things a little bit more relaxing. At least, until anomaly, where-

These things are evil. I had to spend a heal gem on them, and this right here is what prompted me to write a report even before finishing anomaly.
greattuna

Postby wizzzargh » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:50 am

Those Aeras screenshots are the things of nightmares...
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:20 pm

Hah, well, yeah, fleeing can be difficult if the sleepyheads are *fast* sleepyheads. :D

The AE finds Ignite to be a more interesting status effect than Chill, generally speaking, so unless the target resists Fire/Slash or is weak to Impact/Ice, that's the choice I'd expect the AI to make. Both effects are so short that the AI will likely feel it needs to re-apply them immediately, so even if the target is already Ignited, it will probably still prefer Fiery Claw.

In the scenario you list, here's what I have expected to happen w/ Enemy Lure:
1) Spent on floor.
2) Go to branch. No warning since you had spent it, and it recharges because this is a new floor.
3a) Go back to floor without using it. No warning since even though you didn't use it, it can't recharge on a previously visited floor anyway so a recharge isn't being wasted.
OR
3b) Use it and then go back to floor. No warning since you used it, but even if you hadn't, 3a would be true.

It may help to underline that the warning is concerned about you wasting potential recharges, not ensuring you use it on as "high" a floor as possible. You will never get a warning if going back to an old floor, since old floors can't recharge it.

Aeras are evil. :D Electricity-resistant healers can be handy :D Go go Gandayah
Ferret

Postby greattuna » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:01 pm

I see, thanks. Interesting status, eh, I don't consider simple DoT effect that interesting, but I guess it's more of a demon personal preference. And yeah, enemy lure works just fine.

I got to T:10! Which is pretty nice, considering there'll be no more Aerasi anymore. Maybe death worms, but they're a whole new and rather far-away can of worms.

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 6/4/2017 8:14:59 PM

Summoner der artiller...
has earned a score of 14494,
is currently at Tower:10,
and is still alive!

Level: 16
MaxHP: 99

Strength: 4
Magic   : 85
Vitality: 26

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Mind Scream (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 40 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
3) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
4) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
5) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
7) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
8) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))

Relic Upgrades:
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)

Inventory:
2 Peace offering
2 Magic map
5 Pure stone
1 Ghost chime
2 Bolt glyph
7 Heal stone
2 Pure gem
3 Chakra stone
3 Chakra gem
1 Curse rune
1 Heal gem
1 Tempest rune
1 Frost glyph

Current Credits: 3280

Slash        2          0          1          6          1*         
Impact       3          0          2          5          1*         
Pierce       1          0          0          7          1*         
Fire         0          0          3          2*         3         
Ice          1          1          3          3*         1         
Electricity  1*         0          4          3*         1         
Body         0          2          1          3*         2         
Mind         1*         1*         2          3          2         
Light        2*         1          1          5*         1         
Dark         0          0          1          5*         2         

Level: 14
MaxHP: 88

Magic   : 39
Vitality: 39
Agility : 15

Abilities Known:
7) Lucky Aid (Type: Healing, 0 SP. One effect chosen at random for the target: Heal 50% HP (unaffected by your Magic bonus), restores 50 SP, or removes all negative status effects. Cooldown: Luck (3))
8) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)

Name : Blessed Ruhin
Level: 14
MaxHP: 74

Strength: 9
Agility : 32
Cunning : 36

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Rousing Cry (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Accelerates the next turn of all nearby allies who aren't Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Python
Level: 15
MaxHP: 91

Strength: 37
Vitality: 43
Agility : 15
Cunning : 20

Resist: Slash Impact Electricity Body
Weak  : Fire Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Brain Knocker (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 50% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to delay the next turn of the target.)
3) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Crusader Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)

Name : Shoggoth
Level: 20
MaxHP: 92

Strength: 42
Magic   : 12
Vitality: 42
Cunning : 30

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) Icy Hammer (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Impact and Ice. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)

Name : Holy Angel
Level: 13

Strength: 15
Magic   : 38
Cunning : 26

Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
5) Emit Lumin (Type: Light, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
6) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Tuofei
Level: 12

Magic   : 34
Agility : 33
Cunning : 13

Immune: Ice
Weak  : Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
2) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Mist Shroud (Type: Ice, Passive. If your last action was an Ice ability, provides a 25% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks.)
4) Triad Ward (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Maj. Ehlose
MaxHP: 66

Strength: 32
Agility : 23

Resist: Ice Electricity Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
2) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
3) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
6) Reviving Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly bestows Regeneration on you or a nearby ally, restoring health over time.)
7) Absolving Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, or Hex from you or a nearby ally.)
8) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)

Escape to cancel.
 Smite is not going to hit any valid targets.
 Proceed anyway? (Y or N)
 Alright then.
 You swap places with your ehlose.
 Using Storm Strike...
 Escape to cancel.
 You call down lightning.
 You strike the faerie.
 You kill the faerie!!
 Python is no longer regenerating.
 Using Storm Strike...
 Escape to cancel.
 You call down lightning.
 You strike the faerie.
 You kill the faerie!!
 You are no longer regenerating.
 The faerie hits you.
 It's super effective!
 You freeze the faerie.
 The faerie starts shivering!
 Your nero gestures at you.
 You begin to regenerate! Python wakes up.
 Python slashes the faerie.
 The faerie looks guilty!
 Python looks refreshed. (x2)
 Using Storm Strike...
 Escape to cancel.
 You call down lightning.
 You strike the faerie.
 You kill the faerie!!
 You feel refreshed.
 Your ehlose's power returns to normal.
 You begin resting.
 Your power returns to normal.
 You are no longer regenerating.
 Rest complete.
 There is a warp to Tower:10 here. Press 'p',
 '<', or '>' to change levels.
 You will not be able to return to this level
 once you leave. Are you sure you wish to
 leave? (Y or N)
 Your party is already fully rested.

Name : Blessed Fotia

Strength: 6
Magic   : 26
Vitality: 6
Agility : 16

Immune: Fire
Weak  : Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Dart (Type: Fire, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Fan Flames (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Must target an Ignited character. 55 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target for an unusually long duration. Cannot miss.)
4) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
6) Focus (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 49

Magic   : 11
Vitality: 14
Agility : 22
Cunning : 29

Abilities Known:
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Icesworn Echeneis
MaxHP: 60

Magic   : 20
Vitality: 23
Agility : 19

Abilities Known:
4) Flash Freeze (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Chills the target for an unusually long duration, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) ------------

MaxHP: 49

Cunning : 23

Abilities Known:
5) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
8) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)

Name : Violent Preta

Strength: 21
Vitality: 12
Cunning : 17

Weak  : Fire Ice Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
4) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) Crusader Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Centaur
MaxHP: 57

Strength: 27
Vitality: 21
Agility : 27

Abilities Known:
1) Needle Shot (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

MaxHP: 96

Vitality: 47
Agility : 16

Abilities Known:
8) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

So...

Anomaly:2. I met Python, spent some attack\status items to kill him fast enough, and I don't regret the decision so far. He's pretty good an tanky, and Earth Break is a good AoE ability when someone doesn't get in the way. Slapped tormentor, bloodthirst and icy hammer for sustain.

Our Sanctum:1. Hoo boy, it wasn't hard, but I lost two demons to either miscalculation or shock preventing me from doing anything. I lost my icesworn echeneis, and then my kasha got killed in two turns. Thankfully, on this very floor I found a much better replacement in form of violent preta, or rather, crusader slash. It went on Python again, replacing the Tackle.

Anomaly:3. I faced Paracelsus there. It started with me noticing his Aeras. With both growing fear and hatred I used night rune and then annihilated this goddamn sparkler. Then it turned into very weird trench warfare: Python was Earth Braking, Crusader Slashing (for guilt + SP) and Icy Hammering (for a good amount of SP), I was censuring enemies left and right, nero was healing everyone, and ruhin applied buffs, while Paracelsus very, veeeeeeeeryyyyyyyyy slowly was exhausting himself, swapping demons and healing, healing, healing. Eventually though he finally died, leaving in his stead one poor, easily dispatchable demon.
Also to note, Storm Strike managed to miss 5 times in row. I'm disappointed in this ability and want to replace it with... something else. Maybe vigor drain if I find one.
Also also, on this floor I spotted Shoggoth. I had a bronze offering. I used it. From now on I had healing factor. Only thing which lacked was last defence, but I needed a solid demon for it...

Tower:6. Realized I don't have calm. Couldn't find any.
Also, fought my previous relic (mammothtank). Wasn't a pushover, took a long time, but I managed without losses.

Tower:7... Madevra. I couldn't beat her even if I really, really wanted to, even with angel I found on this floor (I also replaced my censure with smite, since it's cooldown is irrelevant to me). But then I found a bunch of centaurs. Linked with one of them, dispatched their group, but then only one enemy remained on this floor. So I got an idea...
With two heroism-buffed characters, Madevra was truly a pushover. She didn't even last 10 turns before I storm-striked the life out of her. Then I lured some enemies to fulfill the murder quota, then... I realized that centaur is solid, so he got transposed. From this moment of time I had Last Defence.

Then, while searching corpses, I stumbled upon... pardon my french, but it was MaxHP draining arsehole. Hand of the Dead, of course, he drained MaxHP from all 4 of us who participated, then teleported to nero and drained some more just for the sake of it. We killed him, but I was angry.

Tower:8. Nothing happened. Nothing interesting. Not even a relic battle.

Turdak Sanctum: Akatekos drained some more MaxHP :| .
Looked at Turdak, decided that I don't really need him, then killed.
Also, I would've got a relic fight... but there were no ghosts to fight against.

Tower:9. Accidentally compared Sudden Chill from Tuofei to Mind Scream of mine. They all are almost exact, price, range, enemies-only, area effect, except Sudden Chill chills enemies.
Got ehlose from a "wimpy summoner group", to free up space, fused him with headless to got mind resistant ehlose with OH BOY reviving cut! Threw in tormentor, bloodlust and bloodthirst for maintenance and infiniregen (as long as ehlose feels like it).

-------

I like this run so far. I also especially like that my Python worked: he alternates between all three active abilities, and uses earth break liberally, which is good for me and bad for my enemies.

With my build, I just didn't want to die quickly like my other orb of power builds did. Healing Factor is truly a godsend (I didn't expect to get it until tier 3), and synergies very well with last defense. Tormentor is here for at least some SP sustenance, and arctic veil is here to help me use tormentor.

Oh, and I still don't have calm. It's not as important because I have mind immunity, but one of these times everyone will get charmed and I'll be unable to deal with it.
greattuna

Postby greattuna » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:09 pm

If there's anything that could make me start magic mapping for victory, it's seeing my designated tank dead in one turn.

Also,

Your nero gestures at your archangel.
 Your archangel begins to regenerate!
 Your archangel is still charmed!

Nice work, nero. You had calm, I know it, but you still did it.

Your death worm meditates.
 Your death worm looks refreshed.

And you too, death worm. Meditating when you already have 100 SP is not something I'd expect you to do.

No, I don't need $n, I need Baba Yaga.

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 6/5/2017 10:10:55 PM

Summoner der artiller...
has earned a score of 61806,
is currently at Tower:23,
and is still alive!

Level: 30
MaxHP: 154

Strength: 9
Magic   : 146

Abilities Known:
2) Mind Howl (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 55 Power attack, enemies only. Cannot miss.)
3) Ball Lightning (Type: Electricity, 35 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
4) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
5) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
7) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
8) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))

Relic Upgrades:
Capacity Up II (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 8 at once.)

Inventory:
1 Peace offering
2 Ghost chime
2 Pure gem
12 Chakra stone
9 Pure stone
2 Heal stone
1 Tempest rune
1 Frost glyph
2 Chakra gem
1 Calm card
2 Zephyr card
1 Blizzard rune
1 Mirror chime
1 Meteor rune
1 Might gem

Current Credits: 1310

Slash        1          0          0          6          1*         
Impact       0          0          0          6          1*         
Pierce       2          0          0          6          1*         
Fire         1          1          3          1*         2         
Ice          1          0          2          2*         3         
Electricity  3*         2          0          5*         0         
Body         3          2          2          3*         0         
Mind         3*         2*         3          2          0         
Light        2*         1          1          4*         1         
Dark         1          1          1          4*         1         

Name : Ninkasi
Level: 29
MaxHP: 106

Magic   : 38
Agility : 49
Cunning : 49

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (4))
5) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (4))
6) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
7) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
8) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)

Name : Jinn
MaxHP: 113

Magic   : 56
Agility : 32
Cunning : 40

Resist: Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fireball (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Disable Mind (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged. Cannot miss.)
4) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
5) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Archangel
Level: 28
MaxHP: 100

Strength: 46
Magic   : 30
Vitality: 38
Agility : 46

Resist: Fire Body

Abilities Known:
1) Soothing Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Also grants a 105 Power heal to you or a nearby ally whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum.)
2) Grand Cleave (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 85 Power attack.)
3) Exorcism (Type: Light, 25 SP. Only affects enemies weak to Light. 10-100 Power attack, based on the target's current HP (more HP = more Power). Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (4))
4) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Death worm
Level: 32
MaxHP: 114

Strength: 42
Magic   : 55
Vitality: 42
Agility : 29
Cunning : 42

Immune: Electricity Body
Resist: Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Chain Lightning (Type: Electricity, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
2) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Exterminate (Type: Body, 15 SP. Only affects characters that are Infected, Poisoned, or Paralyzed. 130 Power attack, but misses if the damage would not be fatal.)
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Baba Yaga
Level: 31
MaxHP: 111

Magic   : 68
Vitality: 35
Agility : 19
Cunning : 67

Immune: Mind Dark
Resist: Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vigor Steal (Type: Dark, 35 SP. 85 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
2) Energy Siphon (Type: Body, 0 SP. Drains the target's SP by 10%, restoring your own SP by 66% of the amount drained. Cannot miss.)
3) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
4) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
5) Lucky Aid (Type: Healing, 0 SP. One effect chosen at random for the target: Heal 50% HP (unaffected by your Magic bonus), restores 50 SP, or removes all negative status effects. Cooldown: Luck (3))
6) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
7) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
8) Afflicter (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP for applying a new Body, Mind, Light, Dark, or Debuff status effect. (Poison stacking does not count as a new effect.))

Name : Savior Death worm
MaxHP: 130

Magic   : 62
Vitality: 52
Cunning : 32

Immune: Electricity Body
Resist: Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Chain Lightning (Type: Electricity, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
2) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Exterminate (Type: Body, 15 SP. Only affects characters that are Infected, Poisoned, or Paralyzed. 130 Power attack, but misses if the damage would not be fatal.)
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Mending Aura (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects wounded allies who are not Mended. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
7) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)
8) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)

Using Smite...
 Escape to cancel.
 You smite the leib-olmai.
 You kill the leib-olmai!!
 You feel refreshed.
 Baba Yaga gestures at your death worm.
 The couril steals energy from Baba Yaga.
 Baba Yaga looks more tired.
 The couril looks refreshed.
 Your death worm hurls a lightning bolt.
 Your death worm shocks the couril.
 The couril is shocked!
 Using Smite...
 Escape to cancel.
 You smite the couril.
 It's super effective!
 You feel refreshed.
 Baba Yaga blights the couril.
 It's super effective!
 Baba Yaga kills the couril!!
 Using Smite...
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Your death worm looks healthier.
 There is a shimmering portal to Victory
 here. Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change
 levels.
 Really win the game and start a new cycle?
 (Y or N)
 You have not used Enemy Lure yet. Do you
 still wish to leave the level? (Y or N)
 You win!

Name : Holy Angel
Level: 17
MaxHP: 76

Magic   : 44

Abilities Known:
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
4) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
5) Emit Lumin (Type: Light, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
6) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Level: 17
MaxHP: 98

Magic   : 44
Vitality: 44

Abilities Known:
7) Lucky Aid (Type: Healing, 0 SP. One effect chosen at random for the target: Heal 50% HP (unaffected by your Magic bonus), restores 50 SP, or removes all negative status effects. Cooldown: Luck (3))
8) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)

Name : Chthonic Shisa
Level: 23
MaxHP: 106

Strength: 44
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 55

Resist: Slash Impact Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Leap Attack (Type: Slash, 20 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with an 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (8))
2) Holy Word (Type: Light, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Cursebreak Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Removes Offense Down, Defense Down, Accuracy Down, Evasion Down, and Speed Down from you or a nearby ally.)
4) Crusader Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
5) Icy Hammer (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Impact and Ice. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
6) Brain Knocker (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 50% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to delay the next turn of the target.)
7) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
8) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)

Name : Shoggoth
Level: 27
MaxHP: 114

Strength: 52
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 52
Agility : 30
Cunning : 37

Resist: Impact Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
8) Icy Hammer (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Impact and Ice. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)

Name : Pele
Level: 27

Magic   : 71
Vitality: 33
Agility : 33

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) ------------

Name : Unicorn
Level: 25
MaxHP: 102

Magic   : 49
Vitality: 35
Agility : 31
Cunning : 28

Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)

Name : Incubus
Level: 29

Magic   : 31
Vitality: 39
Agility : 43
Cunning : 55

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
2) Love Tap (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. 35% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies.)
3) Dominator (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Charm, turning the target against their allies.)
4) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Chthonic Power
Level: 31
MaxHP: 135

Strength: 78
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 75
Agility : 26

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Eviscerate (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Rhino Charge (Type: Impact, 20 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Overpower (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the chance of opponents Blocking, Dodging, or Parrying your attacks by half.)
4) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
6) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
8) Grand Cleave (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 85 Power attack.)

Yes, it's a victory. I used magic maps on tower 21, 22, 23, but it's still a victory.

If not for Last Defence + Healing Factor, I would've been dead a long time ago. End-game was full of so much damage, my demons were losing health too quickly.

Tower:11. I saw a Ionic Fairy. With ball lightning. Wanting to try it, I recruited her, replaced the storm strike with it, then ditched her. It was... okay, I guess. Not stellar, but when nothing got in the way, it worked well, and it's fun to use. Boom!
Druj nasu are still druj nasu.
Met mummies, they reduced my python to 21 MaxHP.
I got fester touch to play with from them, so it's not all bad.

Tower:12. Mordecai is one hard-hitting bastard. Taking 2/3 of my ehlose in one fell swoop. It died. Still got him, and killed reprobus. Then I restored ehlose.
Got a 6-pack from a corpse, couldn't beat it, so just darted into portal, which was nearby.

Tower:13. Recruited shisa, fused him with python, without earth break, because I forgot it. :(
Here I realized that I had calm all this time, on ruhin, so I copied it on my nero. I'm not very smart sometimes, am I. -_-

Ninkasi Sanctum:1. Ehlose died again. This time I couldn't restore him because I had so much fun customizing, I ran out of credits.
But he at least freed up space for ninkasi.
Then I got jinn, though I had to delete ruhin for space.
Copied ritualist on myself instead of fester touch.

Tower:14.
Replaced my mind scream with mind howl. For only 5 more SP vastly increased firepower!
Then managed to recruit an archangel. Had to delete my angel for her, but it was worth it.

Tower:15.
Somewhere around here I got Pele. Can't remember where exactly though.
Was fighting elokos backed up by two unicorns. This fight was pretty extended, and I was noticing that nero really doesn't want to calm my demons for some reason. At first it probably was because I was in the red (wanted to test last def + healing factor, worked wonderfully), but then I wasn't. Nero, regen isn't that good. Stop doing that.
Still, I got unicorn and turned him into eternal healing machine, but, in the end it was pointless. :x
Felt a chill, but no wraiths on the floor.

Tower:16.
Copied rain of fire to unicorn for additional firepower\softening enemies in the beginning of a fight.
Again chill without anyone to back it up.
Lured in Adria, she wasn't very hard.

Tower:17.
Ikiryos and their drain power are pretty insane.
Aside from that, nothing interesting happened.

Phoenix Sanctum:1.
I wonder: does eternal glory mean that I need to kill Phoenix twice to get him?
I wasn't bothering with recruiting though, didn't like his abilities.
Got a 6-pack from corpse again, with power. Used bronze offering on power, then nuked everyone else.

Back on Tower:17...
Used a recharged lure, got bigfoot. Tried to recruit him... yeah, without mobility, without swiftness, without anything.
Thankfully, when he got angry, I was very close to a portal.

Tower:18
Fused shisa with power for chthonic power with bonus HP.
In the end, 6-pack from corpse killed off my unicorn, so I had only Ninkasi as healer. Which is pretty bad, because she only can heal guys with over 50% HP.

Tower:19
Found enough credits to get my unicorn back.
Saw Tlaloc. Killed Tlaloc. I already had ritualist and didn't need vengeful, so.
Also killed Slenderman. Didn't have any chance in recruting him.

Tower:20
Fought Antoria. He had chain lightning, I had heal gems.
Then fought a group of death worms. They got my unicorn a second time, and here I started to really suffer from lack of healing and very rapidly ramping up damage. I needed my unicorn back.
Ikiryos, a nasty bunch, drained my shoggoth to death.
As a bonus, another would-be relic fight.

Tower:21
Death worm is very so-so as an ally, to be honest. I guess he's so dangerous as enemy because they're in groups of five, spamming chain lighting... yeah.
Bruchas killed Pele. Situation started to look very bad to me.
So I restored unicorn a third time, then, while standing on baba yaga's portal, enemy lured... a bunch of goddamn death worms! And unicorn died again, in two turns (I got shocked on 1st one), though I managed to get by by linking with savior death worm.

Baba Yaga Sanctum:1
Had to sacrifice incubus (oh yeah, I got him somewhere) to Baba Yaga. She was worth it though, strangely.
Buuuuuuut here was an event which made me abandon my run in favor of "fuck it, magic map time"
My Chthonic power
got
killed
in
one
turn
from 135/135
to 0/70
just :cry:
Only profanity was in my head when I saw this. I know, dark weakness, but COME ON. He was my tank! How can I expect to do anything without neither healer nor tank?
I finished the floor, then just ran to the portal, then ran again. Victory...
greattuna

Postby Ferret » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:39 pm

:D I've never seen anyone else show such hatred for poor Aerases. :D I can't argue they're not dangerous though.

I'm probably going to eventually nerf Heroic Pairs, but honestly, they're so much fun for players I've been hesitant to mess with them much. :P

Sudden Chill vs. Mind Scream: It's probably worth noting how common Ice resist/immune is vs. Mind resist/immune. :D Sudden Chill's a better spell in general, but resistance will come up a fair bit more often.

Ouch about the Cthlonic Power dying in one turn. That is really pretty remarkable.. I mean, he had Cthlonic's Vit, HP buff, on top of Powers already having decent Vit themselves. Even fighting strong attacks on his weakness, I'd have expected him to make it at least one turn. :(

::mutter:: Regen vs. Calm is apparently going to be written on my tombstone at this rate. :P I've noted it down for another look though. However: If your archangel was at low health, this is intended behavior: saving lives is prioritized over Calm.

The Death Worm case is weird. It must have needed SP though, you can't be "refreshed" if you're at max SP. Assuming it had Tireless or something, it's possible it was just being proactive about SP recovery: Death Worms have very high SP cost abilities, which will make them inclined to value SP restoration pretty highly.

Fixed the Baba Yaga bug. :P You can tell how rarely people get that high up that the bug survived this long. :D (It should have been %n, which replaces itself with the monster's name when present in negotiation strings.)

Re: Having had Calm all that time, Hehe, anyone can lose track of an ability for a bit. :) Don't be too hard on yourself about it. :D

Yes, Eternal Glory means Phoenix has to be killed twice. :D That's why it has an unusually long capture timer though.

Worms worms worms. :D So many worms, and they're a cryptid! Cryptids are supposed to be rare. :D

Congrats on the win, and on keeping your head during The Great Power Folding of 2017 :P I will look into that though and make sure my math isn't off somewhere... can you tell me anymore about what killed him, btw, other than it involved Dark magic?
Ferret

Postby greattuna » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:04 pm

Thankfully, I pressed F10 just after power died.

It's super effective!
 Your death worm kills the banshee!!
 Your death worm seems pleased.
 The shikome blinks towards your power.
 Your power staggers.
 The shikome withers your power.
 It's super effective!
 The shikome saps your power's vigor!
 The shikome looks more vigorous.
 The shikome blinks towards your power.
 Your power staggers badly!
 It's super effective!
 The banshee psi-blasts your power.
 Baba Yaga gestures widely.
 Baba Yaga freezes the shikome.
 It isn't very effective.
 It isn't very effective.
 It isn't very effective.
 The shikome starts shivering!
 The shikome will be shivering longer!
 The shikome starts shivering!
 The shikome withers you.
 The shikome saps your vigor!
 You freeze the shikome.
 It isn't very effective.
 You feel refreshed.
 It's super effective!
 Your power begins to regenerate!
 It's super effective!
 The shikome kills your power!!
 Your death worm hurls a lightning bolt.
 Your death worm shocks the shikome. (x2)
 Your death worm radiates mending energy.
 You feel better.
 The banshee gestures at the shikome.
 The shikome looks healthier.
 Nothing happens.

It was a group of shikomes with one-two banshees thrown in addition. Having read that with more clear head, I'm not even sure it was one-turn affair, I probably got staggered by one of them beforehand. Still left a bad taste in my mouth though.
greattuna

Postby Ferret » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:15 pm

Yeah, that seems to be more than one turn, though the Power himself didn't get to act due to the staggering. No denying it's an ugly death regardless though.
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion