Strength: 4
Magic   : 42
Vitality: 23
Agility : 4
Cunning : 37

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
2) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
3) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
5) Harass (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (3))
6) Auraward (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Fire, Electricity, or Ice ability, you gain Resist against all three of these types.)
7) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
8) Ember Heart (Type: Fire, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Fire abilities by 5 if you used an Fire ability last turn.)

Relic Upgrades:
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)
Revelation (Unlocks the Revelation transmutation, which grants a demon a random ability based on the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)

Inventory:
1 Curse rune
5 Heal stone
2 Pure gem
3 Zephyr card
1 Pain glyph
1 Bolt glyph
2 Pure stone
2 Chakra stone
1 Flame glyph
1 Ghost chime
1 Bronze offering

Current Credits: 1418

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        2          0          0          5*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          5*         0         
Pierce       1          0          0          5*         0         
Fire         2*         0          3*         2          0         
Ice          0          0          1          2*         2         
Electricity  1          1          0          2*         2         
Body         0          1          2          2*         0         
Mind         1*         0          1          2*         2         
Light        0          0          0          4*         1         
Dark         1*         0          0          4          1*         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Headless
Level: 10
MaxHP: 82
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 24
Magic   : 8
Vitality: 40
Agility : 14
Cunning : 14

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
2) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
5) Rabblerouser (Type: Buff, Passive. Abilities that increase the offense, defense, accuracy, evasion, or speed of allies also accelerate their next turn if they are not Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping.)
6) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Raiju
Level: 18
MaxHP: 61

Strength: 16
Magic   : 40
Vitality: 16
Agility : 40
Cunning : 28

Immune: Electricity
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
3) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
4) Electropulse (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has an 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
5) Stormwalk (Type: Electricity, 0 SP. Must target a Shocked character. Warps you adjacent to the target, and restores 20 of your SP. Free action. Cooldown: Charge (1))
6) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Aspis
Level: 9
MaxHP: 65

Strength: 23
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 33
Agility : 15
Cunning : 15

Resist: Body

Abilities Known:
1) Venomous Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
4) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Fiery Ruhin
Level: 8
MaxHP: 49

Strength: 5
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 14
Agility : 23
Cunning : 26

Immune: Body
Resist: Fire Mind
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Focus (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
2) Alert (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves evasion by 25%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Blessweaver (Type: Buff, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Buff abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
6) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
7) ------------
8) ------------

--==== Recent Messages ====--

The fetch will be burning longer!
 Using Ember Burst...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute,
 Escape to cancel.
 You gesture at nothing in particular.
 The fetch will be burning longer!
 Your ruhin stares at the ruhin.
 The ruhin will be burning longer!
 Your ruhin misses the fetch.
 The fetch hits your ruhin.
 Using Pyre Rite...
 Escape to cancel.
 You stare at the fetch.
 Your ruhin looks healthier.
 You feel refreshed.
 Your ruhin exhales a burst of flames.
 Your ruhin burns the fetch.
 The fetch dies!!
 Using Pyre Rite...
 Escape to cancel.
 You stare at the ruhin.
 Your ruhin looks healthier.
 You feel better.
 Your ruhin looks refreshed.
 You feel refreshed.
 Your ruhin stares at the ruhin.
 The ruhin will be burning longer!
 Your ruhin hits the ruhin.
 The ruhin misses your ruhin.
 Using Ember Burst...
 Escape to cancel.
 You gesture at nothing in particular.
 The ruhin resists.
 The ruhin gestures at itself.
 The ruhin will be more evasive longer!
 Using Pyre Rite...
 Escape to cancel.
 You stare at the ruhin. You feel refreshed.
 Your ruhin kills the ruhin!!

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Ccoa
Level: 6
MaxHP: 44

Strength: 8
Magic   : 22
Vitality: 11
Agility : 17
Cunning : 22

Resist: Ice Electricity
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Hail Shot (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 70 Power attack split between Ice and Impact; both the Ice and Impact damage are based on Magic. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Discharge (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. Targets a random enemy. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Short Jaunt (Type: None, 10 SP. Warp to a random nearby position you can see. This is not considered a movement ability.)
4) Stormwalk (Type: Electricity, 0 SP. Must target a Shocked character. Warps you adjacent to the target, and restores 20 of your SP. Free action. Cooldown: Charge (1))
5) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Actaeon
Level: 7
MaxHP: 59

Strength: 26
Magic   : 6
Vitality: 19
Agility : 26
Cunning : 8

Resist: Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
2) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)
5) Mob Cover (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 15% chance to dodge attacks when adjacent to an enemy other than the attacker.)
6) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Faerie
Level: 7
MaxHP: 52
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 5
Magic   : 26
Vitality: 15
Agility : 22
Cunning : 17

Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
2) Lucky Dodge (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to dodge attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Luck cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Luck (3))
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) Normalize Host (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Removes Ignite, Chill, and Shock.)
7) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

Name : Kasha
MaxHP: 49

Strength: 13
Magic   : 17
Vitality: 17
Agility : 25
Cunning : 23

Resist: Fire Light Dark
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
5) Yellow Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Nero
Level: 8

Strength: 12
Magic   : 30
Vitality: 29
Agility : 11

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
4) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Normalize Host (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Removes Ignite, Chill, and Shock.)
8) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)

Name : Malingee
MaxHP: 52

Strength: 35
Magic   : 7
Agility : 23

Abilities Known:
1) Fierce Stab (Type: Pierce, 5 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Block Slash (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Slash attacks.)
3) Block Pierce (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 33% chance to block Pierce attacks.)
4) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
5) Numbing Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

I'm actually losing plenty of demons, which kind of hurts my chances to get far. Though I was lucky early on: there was a fiery demon with ember burst and ember heart, which I, of course, picked up. It's pretty nice ability, but it would be better if I had a good source of damage :cry: .

Got Actaeon per the plan (tm) and had quelling cry copied to my malignee.

I also managed to catch Ccoa and copied vigorous on my faerie (later to nero), and added stormwalk to raiju because why not? Free SP! Also, saw aerasi, but... they didn't spark me despite me having no electricity-resistant demons at the time. :? Not that I'm complaining... Also got Raiju there with aid of Swiftness.

Then I got into anomaly... Boy oh boy. Until A:3 I had no problems at all, but then:
1. While I was trying to play the positional game (place two demons far enough for her to not benefit from cleave), nero decided to charge (as in "run to", not use a skill) straight to Madevra, forcing me to dismiss him, then dismiss raiju (he was in red), then witness my kasha try to slash her, fail, get stunned and killed. Then I got very, very mad, charmed & ingited her and dumped 3 bolt glyphs to obliterate her.
(Paracelsus was quite easy, I'm not even sure why)
2. Then, I met ice-focused hand of the dead relic. In the ensuing fight I lost my malignee (chilling blast + icebreaker + 53 magic = one dead demon) and nero (he decided to melee someone again). And, of course, with malignee I lost quelling cry, and with nero I lost absolution, tireless, calm and cleanse. And vigorous. And I'm low on credits. Goddamnit.
3. Then I enemy lured a group of fetches who managed to drain a lot of MaxHP. Good thing I have spare pure gems, or the run could be called toast already.
greattuna

Re: Yet another YASD thread

Postby Ferret » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Yeah, Emit Sparks seems to be in a grumpy mood in the current builds... but most people's reaction to it seems to be along the lines of yours. :D I'll fix it in the next build.

Not sure why Nero would advance in that situation, assuming he had no offensive/debuff abilities, unless the other attackers had run out of SP. Hmm... maybe that shouldn't be a criteria? I've used it in the past so that groups with multiple pacifists won't just sit there and get nuked to death if the rest of the offense falls short, but maybe I've been worrying too much about that.

I've been tossing around the idea of getting rid of Restore Demon (or making it an upgrade) and extending a form of Relic Preservation to demons controlled by summoners... though the version they get would be nasty tempered (i.e. a demon that dies and is saved in this way gets auto-unsummoned, but takes a fairly large chunk of MaxHP damage even if it only barely died.) If a demon's MaxHP drops to 0 from this, that would actually "kill" it and that's when you'd need Restore Demon again. Over time, I've become less convinced straight up perma death works well for demons since they're an important progression element. We'll see though, this is still in the "thinking about it" stages.
Ferret

Postby greattuna » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Make that one.

Make that two.

(not pictured: me lacking heroism, despite being in a heroic link)

I survived this all, only die like an idiot.

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 6/26/2017, Scoring Model: 5/26/2017
Dump file created at: 7/2/2017 6:42:25 PM

Summoner Trefer...
was chosen by the Faithful Heart,
selected Fire and Mind as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 45490,
is currently at Tower:19,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Trefer
Level: 27
MaxHP: 147

Strength: 4
Magic   : 59
Vitality: 56
Agility : 4
Cunning : 67

Abilities Known:
1) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
2) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
3) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Combust (Type: Fire, 5 SP. 100% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
5) Fireball (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
6) Mind Twist (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cannot miss.)
7) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
8) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))

Relic Upgrades:
Nightingale (Doubles the rate of HP and negative effect recovery for inactive demons.)
Revelation (Unlocks the Revelation transmutation, which grants a demon a random ability based on the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)

Inventory:
2 Curse rune
1 Pain glyph
2 Ghost chime
2 Heal gem
4 Chakra stone
8 Heal stone
2 Magic map
1 Guardian gem
2 Calm card
1 Trouble chime
1 Night rune
2 Peace offering
1 Frost glyph
1 Pure stone
1 Zephyr card
2 Pure gem

Current Credits: 9284

Slash        3          0          1          6*         1         
Impact       2          0          2          5*         1         
Pierce       2          0          0          7*         1         
Fire         2*         2          2*         2          2         
Ice          0          0          4          3*         1         
Electricity  0          0          3          4*         1         
Body         0          2          0          5*         1         
Mind         2*         1          1          5*         1         
Light        0          2          2          3*         1         
Dark         0          0          2          3          3*         

Name : Maj. Ehlose
Level: 22
MaxHP: 92

Strength: 44
Magic   : 10
Vitality: 52
Agility : 32
Cunning : 22

Resist: Ice Electricity Mind Light Dark
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
2) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
3) Leadership (Type: Buff, Passive. Accelerates the next turn of a nearby ally when you use Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities to deal damage to one or more characters.)
4) Numbing Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
5) Daring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's offense by 25%.)
6) Flash Heal (Type: Healing, 15 SP. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Name : Shoggoth
Level: 26
MaxHP: 111

Strength: 51
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 51
Agility : 28
Cunning : 36

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
8) Guarding Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))

Name : Charlie
Level: 27

Magic   : 48
Vitality: 26
Agility : 37
Cunning : 48

Immune: Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Mind Twist (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Panic, causing the target's actions to sometimes be randomized. Cannot miss.)
2) Hysteria (Type: Mind, 20 SP. Must target a Panicked character. 70% chance to inflict Panic on an enemy near the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Mind Reader (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases accuracy and evasion by 13% versus all opponents. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
4) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)

Name : Lifebender Unicorn
MaxHP: 124

Magic   : 59
Vitality: 46

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)
7) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
8) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)

Name : Virtue
Level: 33
MaxHP: 103

Strength: 17
Magic   : 104
Cunning : 52

Resist: Fire Electricity Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Repair Flesh (Type: Healing, 30 SP. 130 Power heal.)
2) Vitae (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies. Removes all negative status changes, then applies a 150 Power heal. Cooldown: Miracle (2))
3) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)
4) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Phoenix
MaxHP: 100

Strength: 25
Vitality: 25
Agility : 51
Cunning : 39

Immune: Fire
Resist: Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Burning Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 100 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Burning Scythe (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack, split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
6) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
7) Guarding Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Name : Frenzied Cherufe
MaxHP: 105

Magic   : 47
Vitality: 42
Agility : 24

Immune: Fire
Resist: Slash Impact Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Burning Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 100 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Burning Star (Type: Fire, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Meltdown (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Only affects Ignited characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Ember Heart (Type: Fire, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Fire abilities by 5 if you used an Fire ability last turn.)
6) Inspiring Cut (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Briefly increases your or a nearby ally's accuracy by 25%.)
7) Heavy Slash (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 85 Power attack.)
8) Hinder (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce evasion by 20%.)

Escape to cancel.
 You use the heal stone. You feel better.
 The polong psi-blasts you.
 You stagger.
 The polong looks refreshed.
 The pelesit bites you.
 Your ehlose bites the pelesit.
 You feel energized!
 The pelesit bites you.
 You stagger badly!
 The pelesit bites you.
 The pelesit looks healthier.
 You stagger badly!
 The pelesit bites you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 Your ehlose misses the pelesit.
 The pelesit bites you.
 The pelesit looks healthier.
 You are reeling!
 The pelesit bites you.
 The kitsune has eluded you!
 You fail to link with the kitsune!
 A malign aura settles upon your party...
 You are shocked!
 You feel like you will be less accurate
 longer!
 Your ehlose will be less accurate longer!
 Your shoggoth looks less accurate!
 Your unicorn looks less accurate!
 You feel less evasive!
 Your ehlose looks less evasive!
 Your shoggoth looks less evasive!
 Your unicorn looks less evasive!
 The pelesit bites you.
 Your ehlose shouts a battle cry.
 The pelesit looks weaker!
 The pelesit resists.
 The polong looks weaker!
 The pelesit bites you.
 You die...

Name : Lilim
MaxHP: 76

Strength: 14
Magic   : 34
Vitality: 22
Agility : 34
Cunning : 36

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Blue Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to cause Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Leech Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
3) Dreamstalker (Type: Mind, Passive. Your attacks deal 50% more damage to and do not wake up Sleeping targets that have full HP.)
4) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Mananangal
Level: 21
MaxHP: 77

Magic   : 44
Agility : 40
Cunning : 44

Immune: Dark
Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
3) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
4) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Lifegiver Gandayah
Level: 12
MaxHP: 80

Strength: 18
Magic   : 32
Vitality: 36
Agility : 12
Cunning : 12

Resist: Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
2) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
3) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
4) Healing Charm (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 80 Power heal. 25% chance of an extra, random benefit as well.)
5) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
6) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
8) ------------

Name : Lifebender Eloko
Level: 19
MaxHP: 96

Strength: 28
Magic   : 31
Vitality: 42
Agility : 16
Cunning : 28

Resist: Electricity Body Mind
Weak  : Fire Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
3) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
4) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Dark Gift (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Cannot target characters weak to Dark. 60-130 Power heal, based on the target's Dark resistance (Normal = 60 Power, Resist = 105 Power, Immune = 130 Power). Cooldown: Dark (2))
6) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Bmola
MaxHP: 89

Magic   : 44
Vitality: 31
Agility : 31
Cunning : 24

Immune: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Frost Arrow (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Chilling Blast (Type: Ice, 15 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ninkasi
Level: 24

Strength: 19
Magic   : 33
Vitality: 33
Agility : 43
Cunning : 42

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
2) Soothe (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Must target a character whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal.)
3) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Rallying Cry (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Only affects allies whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum. 105 Power heal. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Alluring Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Cooldown: Presence (6))
6) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
7) Devotion (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-150 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (less HP = higher Power).)
8) Guarding Cry (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))

Name : Druj nasu
Level: 22
MaxHP: 95

Magic   : 32
Vitality: 39
Cunning : 65

Resist: Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
2) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 20 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 85% chance to Infect an enemy near the target, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Filth Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Infect adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Oof, this run was a doozy. At least I've got farther than I expected to. Of course, for impressive chunk of the tower I went without any heals aside from ye olde pyre rite.

Got a bunch of assorted demons for (future) recycling, and to sub in while I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Eventually I decided to just pile up statuses on enemies: ignite, charm, panic, paralysis, OFF down, anything goes. The more, the merrier! Of course, I got Charlie, had to delete\replace some abilities to better suit my playstyle.

Picked Recycle at level 15, it helped me to get somewhat more credits than bare minimum, but it also was an indirect cause of my death. Restored malignee with quelling cry, but nero was unavaliable, and I didn't want to bother with him anyway, considering the risks. Copied the cry to few other people, then after period of unuse deleted malignee.

Got ehlose, got lifebender eloko, got druj nasu. Fused headless to ehlose for mind resistance and some bonus HP. He also got flash heal out of fusion, and war spirit. War spirit was kind of useless, but flash heal isn't that bad. Despite having such good utility, druj nasu wasn't worth restoring, I found another one, recruited him, then lost him again some time later.

Oh, also found shoggoth on someone's relic. Used silver offering to get him, he was my mainstay demon until I died, but if I survived, he'd get fused to virtue for mind immunity.

Then, in her own sanctum, I recruited Ninkasi. She again didn't get much use, but her abilites did! I copied alluring gaze on plenty of demons, and ever ready on one or two. Also revelated her, got guarding cry on 3rd attempt.

Then I got unicorn. Didn't turn him into eternal healing machine, but fused with eloko (for more HP). He got beefy enough to not die in random skirmishes, and got devotion (which is good) and draw wounds (which is also good).

Tried to recruit jinn two times for his abilities. First time I succeeded, but only had enough credits to copy fireball on myself, and no space to keep him. Second attempt... failed. We two ran into group of bonnachons and druj nasus, and I started trying to kill them... but when bonnachon sliced off ~60 or so MaxHP from me, I realized that something is wrong. Looked around and noticed that I don't have heroism on. Damage control ensued, and I somehow survived that.

Speaking of nearly dying, I once survived with 1 / 1 MaxHP. Group of lucky bastard pixies and raijus who wounded my demons enough for me to dismiss them, then brought me to an inch of death (because I pressed the wrong key and instead of opening inventory to use a heal stone, I melee-ed raiju :x ). Thankfully, I had a pure stone! And fortunately, pure stones restore HP along with MaxHP! So I survived, but then I recruited a lifebender eloko. "Good to the last drop" my arse. :evil: I survived that too! And some time later, after encountering panicked wimpy group, I got icebreaker-ed twice. I guess it's because ice hammer+, whatever it's name, hits twice, so I did get hit twice, much to my dismay.

On tower... uh, 15? Wherever bigfoot spawned, I tried to recruit him. I even had haunt just for this very purpose! But...
He spawned with two ionic unicorns, who had ball lightning. I dismissed two demons, he approached me and started clobbering me (as in "dealing very high damage", not "using the clobber skill"), so I linked with him, pulled out Charlie (who had slow just for this one link)... and then Bigfoot retreated away at Mach 2 speed. No joke, he made 7 steps before I got to act again. And he was too far for haunt, and there was no way I could possibly chase him, so I used the portal.

In Tlaloc's Sanctum I had a run-in with virtue. Of course, I recruited him and had him get some healing abilities, while removing grace (too expensive), lux (I need him healing, not trying to nuke) and channeler (to free up a slot).

Then some uneventful floors with my somewhat-working team... and then I had a run in with Jayle. Killed her, recruited one demon (cherufe, I think)... but he was making only like 80 credits in recycle :| . So I tried to get kitsune. And she ran. She ran right into a group of some enemies, and I was dumb enough to follow a bit. When I realized it was a Bad Idea, it was too late: they stumble-locked me, I think, and just when I recovered...

You fail to link with the kitsune!
 A malign aura settles upon your party...
 You are shocked!

And then I had a fatal case of death. :X

I swear, one day I'll eke a win out of Faithful Heart.

RE: restore demon: I wouldn't mind for it to be an upgrade, but then I'd ask about more upgrade points. :p And I definitely wouldn't mind some sort of preservation mechanic for demons, given just how quickly anything can die later on, especially those who are on the more fragile side. It'd even work well with Consume, draining massive amounts of MaxHP instead of outright killing the demon. Not sure how could that be balanced though.
greattuna

Postby Ferret » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:30 am

I've definitely found... something... that can cause Heroism to drop during a Heroic link, but I'm not sure what it is yet. I'll keep looking into it: sorry about that! :(

:P You know, I honestly wondered if anyone ever triggered any of those "drained player's MaxHP to 1" negotiation lines. It's one of those quirks of game development: I wrote such a line, in fact I wrote several: one for each "voice"... but have all of them been seen by at least one player? I doubt it. :)

For that matter, there's an entire damn mechanic hidden in the HP requests related to whether or not you're Poisoned/Infected that probably also never comes up much because most people do negotiation links early rather than mid-fight. :D I'm almost certain nobody has seen most of those lines. :D

Re: Bigfoot: There's a reason nobody has gotten a very good picture of him :D

Consume would probably become an ability drain the demon's MaxHP to 1, in exchange for restoring your own HP & SP based on how close to normal MaxHP it was (and yes, I'd probably give a bonus when > 100% of normal MaxHP). This would also put an end to "spite consuming" on the AI's part... or rather, it'd at least mean the behavior didn't kill all your possible recruits from their stash.

Recycle would probably still be a part of delete though. AI won't spite Recycle though, it doesn't actually "use" Recycle (I just give them slightly better demon allies if they have Recycle, to simulate the effect of having more credits to play with.)
Ferret

Postby Ferret » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:49 am

Found the Heroism bug... and, probably, also the Shock bug w/ Charliss: I broke lose-a-turn enchantments when I was working on the new UI (which required a small change to how they were stored): basically, if you received a lose a turn enchantment, it caused the "deepest" enchantment in your list to pick up its duration instead of itself. If it happened to be the only enchantment, all well and good, but if not, it would make that last enchantment wear off when it should have instead.

This also explains why it happened with Charliss and not other Heroics: Charliss uses Fade, which means he practically always has another enchantment up.

Fix will be in the next build. :) Thanks for reporting this :D
Ferret

Postby greattuna » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:03 pm

Ferret wrote:For that matter, there's an entire damn mechanic hidden in the HP requests related to whether or not you're Poisoned/Infected that probably also never comes up much because most people do negotiation links early rather than mid-fight. :D I'm almost certain nobody has seen most of those lines. :D

I suppose the response to infected HP would be something among the lines of "pfeh, what a crappy health you have" (patience -1) or "are you trying to poison me, ye bastard" (demon gets furious). Also, one of these runs I'm going to try and botch negotiations that way.

But not this run.

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 7/5/2017 9:39:16 PM

Summoner git adequate...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Slash and Healing as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 16290,
is currently at Tower:10,
and is still alive!

Name : Git adequate
Level: 16
MaxHP: 95

Strength: 51
Magic   : 4
Vitality: 29
Cunning : 20

Resist: Body

Abilities Known:
1) Double Impact (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Impact attacks.)
2) Needle Shot (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Crippler (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt.)
5) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
6) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
7) Counterattack (Type: Slash, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 55 Power attack.)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)

Inventory:
1 Zephyr card
1 Magic map
6 Pure stone
2 Heal stone
1 Mirror chime
1 Chakra gem
1 Wind card
1 Peace offering
1 Trouble chime
1 Pain glyph
2 Chakra stone
1 Flame glyph
1 Curse rune

Current Credits: 9197

Slash        0          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       3*         0          1          6*         0         
Pierce       4*         0          0          7*         0         
Fire         0          0          2          4*         1         
Ice          0          0          2          3*         2         
Electricity  1          0          2          3          2*         
Body         1          0          3*         2          2         
Mind         1          0          2          3*         2         
Light        0          0          0          4*         3         
Dark         0          0          2          4*         1         

Name : Hunter Lilim
Level: 15
MaxHP: 72

Magic   : 24
Cunning : 37

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Blue Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to cause Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (4))
2) Leech Touch (Type: Body, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
3) Dreamstalker (Type: Mind, Passive. Your attacks deal 50% more damage to and do not wake up Sleeping targets that have full HP.)
4) Charisma (Type: Mind, Passive. Reduces Presence cooldowns by 33% when your HP are at more than 50% of maximum.)
5) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
6) Crippler (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt.)
7) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
8) Nightbringer (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to inflict Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged.)

Name : Blessed Nero
Level: 14
MaxHP: 85

Strength: 19
Vitality: 34
Agility : 19

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
6) Rousing Cry (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Accelerates the next turn of all nearby allies who aren't Shocked, Stunned, or Sleeping. Cooldown: Presence (6))
8) ------------

MaxHP: 96

Magic   : 12
Vitality: 44
Cunning : 31

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Well Fed Chupacabra
Level: 13
MaxHP: 84

Vitality: 41

Resist: Electricity Body

Abilities Known:
1) Exhausting Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Reduces the target's SP by 15% (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Spiny Veil (Type: Pierce, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 20 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
3) Infectious (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) Diehard (Type: Defense, Passive. Prevents death, except by Ignite or Poison damage. May trigger an Endure cooldown when activated (more damage dealt = higher chance). Cooldown: Endure (5))

Name : Solid Oni
MaxHP: 100

Strength: 38
Vitality: 50
Cunning : 18

Resist: Fire Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Shellbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
2) Double Impact (Type: Impact, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Impact attacks.)
3) Juggernaut (Type: Defense, Passive. When your last action was movement or a movement ability, you have 25% improved defense and your next turn comes faster when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
4) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
5) Stone Stance (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 15% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Ice, and Electricity attacks if your last action was not movement.)
6) Last Defense (Type: Defense, Passive. Increases defense by 100% when your health is at 25% or less of maximum.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Charged Kitsune
MaxHP: 74

Agility : 33
Cunning : 33

Resist: Electricity Mind
Weak  : Body

Abilities Known:
1) Shock Dart (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Thunderous (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also has a 70% chance to delay the next turn of nearby enemies.)
3) Distract (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce accuracy by 20%.)
4) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Discharge (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. Targets a random enemy. 70 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
6) Full Power (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 200% of the original chance when your SP is 100 or higher. (This is checked before casting costs are deducted.))
7) ------------
8) ------------

You shoot a needle at the nero.
 You hit the nero.
 It's super effective!
 The nero looks guilty!
 You feel refreshed.
 The nero wakes up.
 The nero looks more confident.
 The nero gestures at itself.
 The nero begins to regenerate!
 Your shoggoth hits the nero.
 Your shoggoth looks healthier. (x2)
 The nero looks healthier.
 Using Needle Shot...
 Escape to cancel.
 You hit the nero.
 The nero will be guilty longer!
 The nero cringes!
 You feel refreshed. Your oni hits the nero.
 It's super effective!
 The nero looks vulnerable!
 Your oni looks healthier.
 Your shoggoth hits the nero.
 It's super effective!
 Your shoggoth looks healthier.
 The nero looks healthier.
 Using Needle Shot...
 Escape to cancel.
 You hit the nero.
 It's super effective!
 You kill the nero!!
 You feel refreshed.
 You don't have enough SP to use Needle Shot.
 There is a warp to Tower:11 here. Press 'p',
 '<', or '>' to change levels.
 Using Summon...
 Escape to cancel.
 You summon your lilim!
 You begin resting.
 Rest complete, but you must defeat enemies
 to restore your allies' missing Maximum HP.

Name : Vile Dipsas
MaxHP: 62

Strength: 18
Magic   : 25
Agility : 31
Cunning : 31

Resist: Electricity Body

Abilities Known:
1) Exhausting Bite (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Reduces the target's SP by 15% (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Desiccation (Type: None, Passive. Improves the effectiveness of your SP reduction effects by 50%.)
5) Putrid Breath (Type: Body, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 70% chance to inflict Infection, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Cooldown: Breath (5))
6) Fetid Burst (Type: Body, 15 SP. Two 60% chances to delay the next turn of the targets.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Centaur
MaxHP: 57

Strength: 27
Vitality: 21
Agility : 27
Cunning : 13

Abilities Known:
1) Needle Shot (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
4) ------------
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Well Fed Jiang shi
Level: 11
MaxHP: 90

Strength: 20
Vitality: 44
Agility : 18

Resist: Body Dark
Weak  : Fire Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
2) Pounce (Type: Slash, 15 SP. Must target a character. Leap to the target with a 70 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
4) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
7) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 25% of their maximum HP.)
8) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))

Name : Blessed Raicho
MaxHP: 51

Vitality: 8
Agility : 43
Cunning : 32

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Shocking Touch (Type: Electricity, 5 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
3) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Focus (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves accuracy by 25%.)
5) Protect (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
6) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Hunter Will o' wisp
MaxHP: 56

Strength: 17
Magic   : 13
Vitality: 13
Agility : 33
Cunning : 29

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce
Weak  : Electricity Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Ghost Pierce (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Moves you to different, randomly selected, position adjacent to the target.)
2) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
3) Souleater (Type: Dark, Reactive. Responds to a visible character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 10% of their maximum HP.)
4) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
6) Crippler (Type: Dark, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt.)
7) Silver Hand (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
8) ------------

Name : Easg saint

Magic   : 36

Abilities Known:
1) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

As a change of pace, I've made a very physical summoner with an escort of very physical demons, just for fun. Melee attack, ranged attack, two (and if I get dominator, three) passives to boost the attacks, and two veils to benefit from passives further. Plus, of course, healing factor, free regen is too good to pass.

I got gold offering literally the turn after spotting Actaeon, and at first thought, I wanted to save it for bigfoot or slenderman, but... I got Artemis instead. And it was worth it, because when I fused her to will 'o wisp, I got crippler and silver hand. Crippler is especially useful, considering I'm going full-on IPS (impact, pierce, slash) and hex would help me a lot with that. I also got sure shot from her, but 25 SP is just a tad too much for me, so later on I swapped it with needle shot from centaur.

Also, spread around quelling cry again, and fused Actaeon to jiang shi, which... didn't give me any good abilities. What it gave me is one hell of a tanky demon. Unlike hunter will 'o wisp, who had all the durability of wet paper and, in fact, died two times (thankfully, it's cheap to restore), jiang shi was never truly in danger.

I also got dispas. He is, sadly, just too fragile to be of any use, and so, he wasn't seeing much.

Demons came and went, and I somewhat steadily was making my way to anomaly... where Zaji killed my will 'o wisp the first time, with shock dart. I was slightly bitter, but restored it later, because... well... silver hand. Too good to just let go, but not that useful right now since mages aren't nuke-tastic yet. Oh, and I managed to find a lilim on Tower:5, so instead of being too low level to be part of my team, like any other time, now she joined me.

At anomaly:3 I recruited shoggoth (why is it when demon is out-of-depth, it's almost always the same one?) He asked for sacrifices twice: I refused once and fed him dispas, also once. He is going, according to a certified "why not" plan, to be fused into ehlose, who in turn will make me a nice soul armor. That is, if I don't find any other mindbender demon and if I manage to recruit ehlose and if I have enough credits for it (I expect it to cost a crapton).

Before I got shoggy, I had a fight with:
1. Madevra, who was nasty. On one hand, she was resistant to ISP, on the other, we (sometimes) piled hex on her. And, given that I mostly had physical attackers (+raicho, but I was afraid she'd 2HKO the bird :| ) by that stage, it was a long fight. But we prevailed, and I got crusader from her.
2. Paracelsus, who was easy. Seriously. I expected it to be quite a fight, but we, I think, just locked him in the dismissing\summoning cycle until he got nothing to summon. And then he died. .-.

Somewhere in the tower after anomaly, will 'o wisp died again to a bunch of fire-spamming demons. I got fed up with it and fused will 'o wisp to lilim, having copied sure shot, crippler and silver hand to her beforehand. She actually makes for a good archer, who would've known. ._.
And with three status applicators, she disables enemies very, very handily.

I also fused jiang shi (the well fed one) to a chupacabra, whom I recruited because of spiny veil, and... this cryptid doesn't make a good tank, which is sad. Still, I'm keeping him to hopefully pass on the modifier to somebody more fitting to be a tank.

I also picked up recycle at level 15 to hopefully gather enough credits for all the fusions (and 1 soul armor) I'm going to make.

I am also a bit tempted to stick bloodthirst on myself just for giggles, to heal myself on reactions. Not sure how well it'd work, but it would be a sight nonetheless, enemies hitting me, only for me to recover by counterattacking.

And I'm still not sure whether Icy Hammer procs crippler and the likes once or twice. Probably once, since second part is an ice part, thus I replaced it with double impact from solid oni whom I barely recruited. Had to use a bolt glyph at last turn, in fact.

P. S. bonus question: does counterattack work when character is shocked\stunned\etc.? It doesn't make much sense for it to work, but it's veil-like, so it probably should, and I just got tangled in my own thought and don't really know now.
greattuna

Postby Ferret » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: Poor condition negotiation: It can get slightly more involved than that. :) But, more or less you've got it.

Early Hex on a heavy-physical build is indeed a lucky break. :D

I'm trying to remember if anyone's ever made a "Sure Shot" build... all Str, no Agility. :) That's what that and its cousin Sure Slice are for. :D Their price factors in the effectiveness of those builds, but it does make them tough to use if the benefit is less.

Jiang Shi are already fairly tanky demons provided they're not fighting Body resistant/immunes. :D

I'm hoping the proposed change to summoner demon death will help make demons like Dipsas a bit more usable. They'll still die more often, but since it'd just be a MaxHP hit they can recover from instead of a total loss, that might be worth trying them?

*Seriously* out of depth demons are custom selected by me, usually themed for the place you find them (Shoggoth fits Anomaly because it is in part a place of unfinished and formless creatures) There are procedurally generated out of depth monsters too of course, but those usually are only off by 2-3 floors at most, not the 5 or more of the ones I custom select for more common out of depth appearances.

Hunter Lilim is a new one on me I think, but yeah, those stats would make her amazing at shutting down enemies. :D Hex+Mute+Sleep pretty much covers almost all of your bases, only thing she really needs is Numbing.

Icy Hammer does indeed only proc Crippler once, and as you said, it's because the first hit only is physical. Notably, for passives that don't care about the element, it can trigger the effect in question twice (Tormentor is a good example)

Counterattack doesn't work when disabled. :D Part of why it's named Counterattack and not Blade Veil. :D Notably, Spiny Veil *does* work when disabled, so you do have an option if you want a super-reliable physical veil.

Thanks for the report, and good luck as you continue the run :)
Ferret

Postby greattuna » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:31 pm

So much for that good luck. I died on very next floor to Lioth, or, rather, to his preta, it's wild frenzy and generous application of guilt\infection\hex, and mummy. And I almost killed preta, but then it regained something like 50-60% HP in one fell swoop, after which I realized that I'm probably screwed.

And even before that, I failed ehlose link twice, wasting pain glyph (paralysis would totally work on a body-immune demon, yeah), wind card and peace offering. Both times I ran into a group of enemy demons, but first time it was atuas and ehloses. Both ehloses got surly after I failed the link. :|

RE: preservation: it'd certainly make using fragile demons more forgiving, and not having to spend a few grand every time, say, raicho, dies would certainly appeal to me as a player who doesn't use recycle that much.

RE: counterattack: it's not immediately obvious, to be honest, since the description doesn't differ that much from other veils, and other veils, of course, work under any circumstances.
greattuna

Postby wizzzargh » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Ferret wrote:I'm trying to remember if anyone's ever made a "Sure Shot" build... all Str, no Agility

I had a high str sure shot build once that was pretty good. Nowadays Sure Shot has to compete with Needle Spray though.

Re: Preservation- Die Hard, Last Defense, Glacial Shell, etc go a long way for saving fragile demons, since it's usually just a bit of inattention that kills 'em
wizzzargh

Postby greattuna » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:12 pm

So, after another Pyre Riter died, I decided to do another full-on physical build. This time with all strength.

If not for luck and frugality, I'd never get this armor. Just look... look at this price!

Demon Party Dump File
Dump file created at: 7/18/2017 7:33:19 PM

Summoner ALL STR...
was chosen by the Titan's Fist,
selected Slash and Buff as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 15281,
is currently at Tower:11,
and is still alive!

Name : ALL STR
MaxHP: 66

Strength: 96
Magic   : 4
Agility : 11
Cunning : 5

Resist: Ice Electricity Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Slice (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
3) Fervor (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
7) Counterattack (Type: Slash, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 55 Power attack.)
8) Bloodthirst (Type: Body, Passive. Heals you for 25% of the damage you deal with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities (affected by Body resistance).)

Relic Upgrades:
Fusion Saver (Reduces the cost of Fuse Demons by 25%.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)

Inventory:
5 Zephyr card
5 Pain glyph
3 Peace offering
1 Meteor rune
1 Venom rune
3 Pure gem
5 Heal stone
1 Blizzard rune
4 Chakra stone
1 Ghost chime
1 Calm card
2 Heal gem
1 Flame glyph
1 Magic map
1 Silver offering
1 Bolt glyph
2 Heart glyph
1 Chakra gem
1 Frost glyph

Current Credits: 609

Slash        2*         0          1          4*         0         
Impact       2          0          2          3*         0         
Pierce       5*         0          0          5*         0         
Fire         0          0          1          0          4*         
Ice          0          0          3*         0          2         
Electricity  0          0          3*         2          0         
Body         0          2*         1          2          0         
Mind         1          0          2*         2          1         
Light        1          0          3*         2          0         
Dark         0          0          3*         2          0         

Name : Cursed Kasha
MaxHP: 67

Magic   : 17
Cunning : 47

Resist: Fire Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fiery Claw (Type: Slash, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
3) Weigh Sin (Type: Light, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
4) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
6) Shocking Spear (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Enemies only.)
7) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
8) ------------

Level: 17
MaxHP: 83

Strength: 38
Vitality: 38
Agility : 22
Cunning : 27

Abilities Known:
5) Poison Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Poison adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Prepare (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves defense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
7) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
8) ------------

Name : Hunter Eloko
MaxHP: 74

Vitality: 24
Cunning : 35

Resist: Electricity Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
2) Leech Bite (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
3) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
4) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
5) Vehemence (Type: Buff, 15 SP. Briefly raises accuracy and offense by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
6) Poison Needle (Type: Pierce, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to inflict Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Chthonic Ehlose
MaxHP: 69

Strength: 31
Vitality: 50

Resist: Slash Impact Ice Electricity Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Mightbreaker (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
2) Crusader (Type: Light, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Guilt, healing those who damage the target (excluding reactions).)
3) Quelling Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce offense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
4) Shocking Spear (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 85 Power attack, split between Pierce and Electricity. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Enemies only.)
6) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
7) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
8) ------------

You concentrate briefly.
 You feel more powerful!
 Using Sure Shot...
 Escape to cancel.
 You shoot a needle at the eloko.
 You hit the eloko.
 You kill the eloko!!
 You feel refreshed. (x2)
 The kitsune's power returns to normal.
 The kitsune gestures at your eloko.
 Your eloko looks less accurate!
 Using Sure Slice...
 Escape to cancel.
 You slash the kitsune. You feel refreshed.
 Your shoggoth hits the kitsune.
 Your shoggoth looks refreshed.
 The kitsune gestures at your shoggoth.
 Your shoggoth resists.
 Using Sure Slice...
 Escape to cancel.
 You slash the kitsune.
 You kill the kitsune!!
 You feel refreshed.
 Using Summon...
 Nevermind then.
 You begin resting.
 Your shoggoth's defense returns to normal.
 Your shoggoth is no longer regenerating.
 Your eloko's power returns to normal.
 Your power returns to normal.
 Your eloko's accuracy returns to normal.
 You continue resting to restore your
 inactive allies.
 Rest complete.
 Using Summon...
 Escape to cancel.
 You summon your ehlose!
 There doesn't seem to be anything of further
 interest in this level.
 You will not be able to return to this level
 once you leave. Are you sure you wish to
 leave? (Y or N)

Name : Alma
Level: 10
MaxHP: 70

Magic   : 16
Vitality: 36

Resist: Ice Body
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Polar Rush (Type: Impact, 5 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with an 85 Power Impact/Ice attack. Then, Chill enemies in front of you, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cooldown: Charge (4))
2) Icy Hammer (Type: Impact, 5 SP. 85 Power attack split between Impact and Ice. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Flash Freeze (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Chills the target for an unusually long duration, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))
5) Arctic Veil (Type: Ice, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that inflicts Chill, reducing the target's accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Akateko
MaxHP: 56

Vitality: 24

Resist: Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
2) Wraith Touch (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP.)
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ilomba
MaxHP: 64

Strength: 22
Magic   : 19
Vitality: 21

Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
2) Draw Wounds (Type: Healing, 0 SP. 105 Power heal. Costs HP equal to the amount healed, but cannot kill the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Dazzling Gaze (Type: Mind, 10 SP. 70% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Presence (4))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Easg saint

Magic   : 36

Abilities Known:
1) Censure (Type: Light, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
3) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
4) Refresh (Type: Healing, 5 SP. Transfers up to 15 SP from the user to the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Artemis
MaxHP: 69

Magic   : 11
Agility : 37

Resist: Body Light Dark
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Sure Shot (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Arc Needle (Type: Pierce, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Half normal accuracy.)
3) Intent (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves accuracy by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
5) Venomous (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 35% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
6) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
8) ------------

Name : Python
MaxHP: 91

Strength: 37
Vitality: 43
Agility : 15
Cunning : 20

Resist: Slash Impact Electricity Body

Abilities Known:
1) Tackle (Type: Impact, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to delay the next turn of the target.)
2) Earth Break (Type: Impact, 25 SP. 70 Power attack.)
3) Brain Knocker (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 50% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to delay the next turn of the target.)
4) Choking Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 50% chance to delay the next turn of adjacent characters that deal damage to you.)
5) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)
6) Low Profile (Type: Defense, Passive. Always dodge projectiles fired by allies unless directly targeted.)
8) ------------

And so far, it even kinda works, expect for the times when I do stupid and nearly die. I guess that defense bonus from strength really saves my bacon sometimes, heh.

Anyway, the build is as simple as it gets: sure shot, sure slice, two SP recovery abilities, reshape + (eventually) unconquerable for heals, fervor for MORE DAMAGE, and, uh, a passive. It's fun to play, but sometimes low HP becomes a little troublesome. That's why... I made it smaller by soul armoring myself to Maj(or?). Ehlose, for dem resists. It did cost me 16k credits and 20% of my maxHP, but in exchange I can laugh at druj nasu, stop worrying about dark attacks draining my maxHP, shrug off a lot of status warfare... and cower in fear whenever I see fire-based demon group.

Oh, also, it's my first soul armor ever, I think.

It was pretty fun run so far. I wasn't bothering much with everything and was just slicing-n-dicing my enemies, sometimes shooting, sometimes reshaping, and sometimes healing my allies with items, because I had no heals. I fed my lifegiver faerie (and another demon I can't quite remember...) to shoggoth (gotten from some relic wraith), because I forgot about 3 offerings I had in inventory. ._.

Paracelsus? Meet my... sword, I guess. Ludoc? Pfff, poor sod died in 3 turns. My own pyre riter? Well, too bad, you're dead (again). Madevra? Okay, she did give me a bit of trouble, but in the end I got her with the help of Python and Artemis. I picked Artemis, by the way, because lucked out on fusion and cursed kasha got quelling cry, so I haven't needed Actaeon anymore.

...okay, maybe I got a little bit drunk on power. Gotta pay more attention so I wouldn't stupidly die. Though, I already forgot to spread several abilites, and I'm still going completely heal-less, reshape aside.

Also, on T:9 I met Tousent. Sorry, Tousent.

He, unluckily for him, was the first victim of my new and shiny Maj. Ehlose soul armor. For a few turns I even thought on why didn't he charm me, and then I remembered about mind resistance.

After that, I fused Artemis to Eloko and Python to Ehlose, because I had credits, because I needed space, and because why not? Both fusions were a bit unlucky, so I guess I'll just hold on them until I can find better candidates for fusions.
greattuna

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion