Coming Soon: Experimental Builds

The tower awaits!

Coming Soon: Experimental Builds

Postby Ferret » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:49 pm

Based on the success of the limited playtest I did for the 3/31 build, I've decided to expand this a bit and begin making experimental builds that test things that I want feedback on, but don't necessarily want to have wide release before I get that feedback.

I'm planning on playing it fairly loose with the "rules" here: the only real rules will be that I'll only make them available for download via a link posted in the forums, and not update the website/itch.io/etc. links, and that I will put something in the game itself that makes it obviously an experimental build (probably just some extra text during the "Demon" fade in and out, and/or a message log message each time you resume play.)

I'll make a new sub-forum for this that will server as a bug, feedback, and suggestion spot for a given experimental build.

Details on the first experimental build will be posted soon in that new forum, probably sometime Monday.

Finally, I should stress the use of the word "experimental". :) Just because it gets in an experimental build doesn't mean it will survive, in any form, to an actual release.

Cheers :D
Ferret

Re: Coming Soon: Experimental Builds

Postby Gaswafers » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:30 pm

First order of business: Test how much the level scale factor can be lowered before the gameplay starts being obviously impacted.
Gaswafers

Postby Ferret » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:47 pm

Wait, which/what level scale factor do you mean? :D You probably mean something we've talked about on Discord, you just have a different name for it (or I did the day we talked about it)
Ferret

Postby Gaswafers » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:03 am

The one that determines how quick experience is gained and how small levels are. Shorter games are instrumental to faster testing after all.
Gaswafers

Postby Ferret » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:11 am

Ah, yeah, game length scaling. :D That won't necessarily be an experimental feature, but it probably is something I will implement quickly... though I may not be patient enough to do it first like I probably should. :P
Ferret

Return to General Discussion