My first ghost on 20+ tower

The tower awaits!

Re: My first ghost on 20+ tower

Postby Ferret » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:09 pm

Unfortunately, scores and ghosts are linked, it isn't really possible to get rid of one without getting rid of the other, at least in a safe fashion. I've usually let this slide, but it was particularly annoying to have the top 4 scores in a new version be completely blatant, multi-cycle savescummery. So, as of a few minutes ago, I went ahead and wiped them.

Since I suspect the root problem here is more "clumsy savescumming messing up the scoreboard" and less "LOL look at me I'm on top of the scoreboard nows", I'm going to add some minor safeguards that simply prevent the same game from sending multiple scores. It won't be anything bulletproof, but it doesn't need to be if I'm right about that.
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Ferret wrote: So, as of a few minutes ago, I went ahead and wiped them.

Curse you ferret, as of a few minutes ago I was trying to fight ghosts with ghost chimes on tower:23!!! :lol:
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:46 pm

Sowwies. :D I did briefly investigate trying to keep the ghosts, but it wasn't a use case I planned for unfortunately (that of having a ghost without a valid score to draw data from), there are no fixes I could have put in that would not also require a new client.
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:12 am

Aaaand my streak is over due to overextension. Again I managed to survive with 2/2 hp once, what are the odds :D. Didn't help me in the long run though. Image
Bonnachon packs are such a load of bull :D . Seriously, they do a lot of damage, there usually like 5 of them and they don't have any weaknesses for common damage types.
I had access to unconquerable/reshape combo but decided to not copy it onto myself in favor of more mass debuffs. Probably could've been an easy win with this combo :? .

On early levels I played around with quiet prayer. I didn't have many debuffs and after using blight I would just sit and wait for it to recharge so quiet prayer seemed like a good choice, +25% chance at random benefit, right? Well, no, I don't think I got any random benefits over the course of ~10 levels :x . I assume it can give you same benefits as the Healing Charm: brief buffs, small SP or HP restore, acceleration of a turn but I got none of that.

Pyrokenisis can miss. It says that it cannot but it can. Unless description means that it cannot miss ignited target on which you use it. But AoE from it misses pretty often.

I died very stupidly in Ogun's Sanctum to a Pixie/Brucha pack. I was tanking bolts just so I could apply more debuffs before using blight. Didn't work that well :lol: also having my healer panicked didn't help either.

Code: Select all
 Demon Party Dump File
Version 5/26/2017, Scoring Model: 5/26/2017
Dump file created at: 6/4/2017 1:33:11 PM

Summoner Curse you...
was chosen by the Vodun Mask,
selected Debuff and Dark as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 174363 (presently on cycle 3),
is currently at Ogun's Sanctum,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Curse you
Level: 27
MaxHP: 129
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 4
Magic   : 64
Vitality: 31
Agility : 4
Cunning : 92

Resist: Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
2) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
3) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
4) Vile Dance (Type: Body, 20 SP. 85% chance to apply Infection to enemies, which prevents most HP and SP recovery. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (4))
5) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
6) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 20 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
7) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
8) Afflicter (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP for applying a new Body, Mind, Light, Dark, or Debuff status effect. (Poison stacking does not count as a new effect.))

Relic Upgrades:
Enemy Sense (Shows the positions of roaming enemies on the map, even if you have not fully explored the level. Also warns you about summoner corpses whose Relics still contain active demons.)
Far Summon I (Increases the range of Summon by 2.)
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)

Inventory:
3 Venom rune
4 Heart glyph
1 Tempest rune
2 Magic map
1 Night rune
4 Peace offering
2 Calm card
1 Pain glyph
10 Chakra stone
2 Chakra gem
5 Pure stone
10 Heal stone
1 Zephyr card
1 Heal gem
2 Curse rune
2 Bolt glyph
1 Trouble chime
1 Ghost chime
1 Meteor rune

Current Credits: 11971

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 100 / 135 (74% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        1          0          0          7*         0         
Impact       0          0          0          7*         0         
Pierce       1          0          0          7*         0         
Fire         2          1          3          3*         0         
Ice          2*         1          1          3*         2         
Electricity  2          1          3          2*         1         
Body         1*         0          0          5*         2         
Mind         0          1          1          3*         2         
Light        2*         2          0          3          2*         
Dark         2*         0          1*         4          2         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Fiery Demas
Level: 26
MaxHP: 109

Strength: 17
Magic   : 62
Vitality: 35
Agility : 30
Cunning : 36

Immune: Fire
Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
2) Pyrokinesis (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited character. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
3) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
4) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
5) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
6) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
7) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
8) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))

Name : Reprobus
MaxHP: 123

Strength: 62
Magic   : 29
Vitality: 36
Agility : 32
Cunning : 21

Immune: Mind Light
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
2) Impaling Thrust (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 85 Power attack, enemies only.)
3) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
4) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
5) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
7) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
8) Soothing Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Also grants a 105 Power heal to you or a nearby ally whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum.)

Name : Nero
Level: 20
MaxHP: 94

Strength: 24
Magic   : 42
Vitality: 42
Agility : 24
Cunning : 18

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
6) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)

Name : Ruler
Level: 29
MaxHP: 105
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 27
Magic   : 59
Vitality: 43
Agility : 27
Cunning : 39

Immune: Light
Resist: Electricity Mind
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Wrath (Type: Light, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Lightning Bolt (Type: Electricity, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
3) Might (Type: Buff, 10 SP. Improves offense by 25%.)
4) Cleric's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to apply Mute to targets whose last action was magical ability, preventing the use of non-physical abilities.)
5) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
6) Halo (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
7) Priesthood (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Light and Dark cooldowns by 1 (minimum 0.) Cooldowns reduced to 0 by Priesthood are removed from the ability and no longer restrict its usage.)
8) Rage (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))

Name : Raiju
MaxHP: 79

Strength: 21
Magic   : 51
Vitality: 21
Agility : 51

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Fire
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Electropulse (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has an 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
3) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)
5) Bolt Chain (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also inflicts a 55 Power attack on and has a 10% chance to Shock an adjacent enemy. Shock applied by Bolt Chain cannot trigger Bolt Chain.)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Full Power (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 200% of the original chance when your SP is 100 or higher. (This is checked before casting costs are deducted.))
8) Lightning Bolt (Type: Electricity, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)

Name : Tuofei
Level: 22
MaxHP: 82

Strength: 19
Magic   : 49
Vitality: 25
Agility : 48
Cunning : 19

Immune: Ice
Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
2) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
3) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 10%.)
4) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
5) Frost Arrow (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Desiccation (Type: None, Passive. Improves the effectiveness of your SP reduction effects by 50%.)
8) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Your nero loses control!
 You are in danger!
 Using Sudden Chill...
 Sudden Chill can only be centered on
 yourself. Press Enter to execute, Escape to
 cancel.
 You gesture widely. You freeze the pixie.
 You freeze the brucha. (x3)
 You freeze the pixie.
 The pixie starts shivering!
 The brucha starts shivering! (x3)
 The pixie starts shivering!
 The brucha shoots a bolt at you.
 The brucha hits you.
 Your nero is out of control!
 Your nero gestures at you. You feel better.
 The brucha hits you.
 The brucha hits you.
 Your relic struggles to keep you alive!
 Your ruler smites the pixie.
 The pixie dies!!
 The pixie gestures at the brucha.
 The brucha's infection prevents the
 refreshment.
 Using Weaken Host...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute,
 Escape to cancel.
 Nevermind then.
 Using Blight...
 Blight can only be centered on yourself.
 Press Enter to execute, Escape to cancel.
 You blight the pixie.
 You blight the brucha. (x3)
 The pixie is badly poisoned!
 The brucha is badly poisoned!
 The brucha hits you.
 Your nero is out of control!
 Your nero gestures at the pixie.
 The pixie's infection prevents the healing.
 The brucha hits you.
 The brucha hits you.
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Raiju
Level: 24
MaxHP: 75

Strength: 20
Magic   : 48
Vitality: 20
Agility : 48
Cunning : 34

Resist: Fire
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Electrocute (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Electropulse (Type: Electricity, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has an 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
3) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)
5) Bolt Chain (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also inflicts a 55 Power attack on and has a 10% chance to Shock an adjacent enemy. Shock applied by Bolt Chain cannot trigger Bolt Chain.)
6) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
7) Full Power (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 200% of the original chance when your SP is 100 or higher. (This is checked before casting costs are deducted.))
8) Lightning Bolt (Type: Electricity, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)

Name : Akateko
Level: 21
MaxHP: 73

Strength: 18
Magic   : 44
Vitality: 31
Agility : 44
Cunning : 18

Immune: Body
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
2) Wraith Touch (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP.)
3) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
4) Evade Step (Type: Defense, Passive. Gain a 25% chance to dodge attacks when your last action was movement or a movement ability.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Jinn
Level: 22
MaxHP: 90

Strength: 26
Magic   : 45
Vitality: 32
Agility : 25
Cunning : 32

Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Fireball (Type: Fire, 25 SP. Attenuated 70 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Disable Mind (Type: Mind, 30 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged. Cannot miss.)
4) Fiery Veil (Type: Fire, Reactive. Responds to damage dealt to you by adjacent characters with a 20 Power attack that has a 10% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss.)
5) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ikiryo
Level: 24
MaxHP: 89

Strength: 24
Vitality: 48
Agility : 23
Cunning : 13

Immune: Ice Body
Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Fire
Weak  : Electricity Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Rage (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (2))
2) Life Drain (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
3) Vigor Drain (Type: Dark, 30 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
4) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing, SP restoration, and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt or restore SP based on SP drained.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Polong
Level: 25
MaxHP: 87

Strength: 14
Magic   : 49
Vitality: 21
Agility : 35
Cunning : 56

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Major Pain (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Has two 70% chances to delay the next turn of the target. Cannot miss.)
2) Wither (Type: Debuff, 30 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense and accuracy by 20%.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Yuki-onna
MaxHP: 101

Strength: 30
Magic   : 56
Vitality: 29
Agility : 29
Cunning : 41

Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

This time I was really disappointed with S.E.P.I. Entire run I had around 6k credits and as soon as I was getting a bit over that number I had to copy/restore. So even though there aren't many ghosts around I'll stick to recycle for the future runs.
oneeyedjoe

Postby wizzzargh » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:58 am

You know, after all my runs I still have no idea what pyrokinesis actually does. Sure, damage, in some sort of... area? I got nothing. Do Demas even use it? I couldn't say.

SEPI is 'reliable' but honestly I feel like getting to eat over leveled corpse demons with Recycle is even MORE reliable... it takes some craftiness to squeeze currency out of your spare demon spots without weakening your team too much... but when a level 12 Fairy pops out of a corpse and you have recycle, well, of course you're going to negotiate with it then eat it for 1000c...

Totally agree with your feelings on Bonnachon... for a monster with only 3 skills they seem absurdly dangerous. At least you can Negotiate with them!
wizzzargh

Postby Ferret » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:33 pm

Congrats on the streak :D Even if it's over, it was a good one. :D

I looked into Quiet Prayer: definitely something wrong with it :( I'll get a fix into the next build.

Pyrokinesis is indeed supposed to be able to miss: the description was incorrect in his case, I've fixed that too. As for what it does, it does a minor Fire+Ignite AE (affecting enemies only) around the target, which must be an Ignited target. It isn't much to write home about other than being a relatively cheap spell for the effect and a free action.

As for Bonnachon, people have been aware of the danger they pose humans for centuries. :D I'm only portraying them accurately. :)

Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:07 pm

First I survive with 1/1 hp
Then I die while my entire party is almost untouched
Did you do some adjustments to juggernaut after making movement cost only 0.5 of a turn? I feel like Onis now just flying around across the screen.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:19 pm

I did adjust Juggernaut when I made the movement change, but it's always possible I need to tweak it further. :o I'll give it a poking at before the next build release. :D
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:44 pm

OMG I just can't get a win with Vodun Mask. Probably because relic upgrades aren't very useful. Enemy sense doesn't really matter because I always check corpses anyway. It only helps with "kill n enemies while working together" links because I can save corpse encounters for the end of the level. And distant summon is ok, but on its own it doesn't bring much to the table. So after populating tower 10-13 with 4 mask ghosts I played one run with hand of the dead. Unfortunately my post was lost in the abyss because when I pressed submit, forum page asked me to log in again, despite me being logged in already :x So I'll just say some key details about that run.
It was innocent dreamstalker build with 4 different elements for doing damage: dark, ice, body and electricity. Fester touch unfortunately didn't work with this combo as intended: initial buffed 70 power attack was doing so much damage that following up 140 power maxHP damage couldn't bring back target to maxHP :? . I thought it was some weird calculations, but after encountering one demon with profane modifier I changed my mind. The thing is, Spoil touch, which is 1 tier lower than Fester does 55+80 maxHP damage, and I remember it being 55+110 before, so double maxHP damage. I assume it was a shadow nerf (or I wasn't paying enough attention while reading patch notes), but apparently you forgot to change description of Fester Touch. I mean how else can you explain that 70 +33% +50% is more than 140 :lol: .
But still, fester touch was a nice skill for bringing slightly damaged targets to their maxHP, enabling my passives again.

Why demons always want to walk up to sleeping targets? This cost me a lot of consumables, credits and Reprobus. I spent a couple turns positioning myself and my party so that Mordecai wouldn't be able to damage them all at once, then I linked with Reprobus. I landed sleep on Mordecai and suddenly my demons decided to get all close and personal. None of them had any melee skills and one didn't have any attack skills at all! So I had to let them tank mighty roar and repositioned myself with a wind card. Ended up losing Tuofei and Aeras and was 1 turn short for finishing the link. :x

Had pretty amusing fight with Breska during heroic link with Jinn. Basically, I three shotted him and he ate his own demons :D Jinn landed sleep on Breska, he got healed by his healers up to full HP, enabling my passives. One shock arrow was enough to make his banshee soul armor relic struggle. Then he ate some demons, got back to full HP and another shock arrow made his relic struggle. Last shock arrow killed him dead. :D Was very satisfying.

A lot of demons with same weakness (fire) is what killed that run. Even my summoner had weakness to fire (I just couldn't resist that mindbender shisa soul armor). So every encounter with fiery demons cost me a lot of resources and maxHP, Also Tlaloc demanding nothing but sacrifices and my vigor didn't help, I think I gave up like 80 maxHP during his link. So I was slowly bleeding heal/pure stones, until tower 21, which was apparently populated with nothing but Cherufe and Mulasa, finished me off.
Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 5/26/2017, Scoring Model: 5/26/2017
Dump file created at: 6/9/2017 8:53:06 PM

Summoner Lights out...
was chosen by the Hand of the Dead,
selected Body and Mind as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 57378,
is currently at Tower:21,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Lights out
MaxHP: 115

Strength: 4
Magic   : 98
Vitality: 20
Agility : 34
Cunning : 44

Immune: Mind
Resist: Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Fester Touch (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 70 Power attack, followed by a 140 Power attack dealt as MaxHP damage that cannot reduce MaxHP below the target's current HP.)
2) Vampiric Touch (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt.)
3) Freezing Touch (Type: Ice, 10 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
4) Blue Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 85% chance to cause Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
5) Chain Lightning (Type: Electricity, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
6) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
7) Innocence (Type: Mind, Passive. Increases offense, defense, accuracy, and evasion by 33%, and status accuracy and status resistance by 16%, versus opponents at full HP. (Bonuses are affected by Mind resistance.))
8) Dreamstalker (Type: Mind, Passive. Your attacks deal 50% more damage to and do not wake up Sleeping targets that have full HP.)

Relic Upgrades:
Consume (Delete Demon now restores your HP and SP based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = stronger effect).)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Enemy Lure (Unlocks the Enemy Lure transmutation, which allows you to reveal hidden demons in your surroundings. Some demons are very hard to find without this technique, but using it is not without risk...)
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)
Soul Armor (Unlocks the Soul Armor transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to copy its MaxHP modifier, Speed, immunities, resistances, and weaknesses to yourself.)

Inventory:
3 Trouble chime
1 Peace offering
3 Guardian gem
1 Venom rune
2 Mirror chime
1 Might gem
1 Bronze offering
1 Chakra stone
1 Bolt glyph
1 Meteor rune

Current Credits: 6411

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 113 / 135 (83% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        1          0          0          8*         0         
Impact       2          0          1          7*         0         
Pierce       1          0          0          8*         0         
Fire         0          0          0          3          5*         
Ice          2*         1          2          4*         1         
Electricity  3*         2          0          5*         1         
Body         2*         2          1          4*         1         
Mind         3*         1*         1          5          1         
Light        0          1          1*         3          3         
Dark         2*         1          2*         4          1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Foul Druj nasu
MaxHP: 112

Strength: 11
Magic   : 29
Agility : 11
Cunning : 94

Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 20 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 85% chance to Infect an enemy near the target, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
4) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
5) Vile Dance (Type: Body, 20 SP. 85% chance to apply Infection to enemies, which prevents most HP and SP recovery. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (4))
6) Afflicter (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP for applying a new Body, Mind, Light, Dark, or Debuff status effect. (Poison stacking does not count as a new effect.))
7) Expose Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
8) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))

Name : Vishap
Level: 28
MaxHP: 103

Strength: 38
Magic   : 54
Vitality: 34
Cunning : 30

Resist: Body

Abilities Known:
1) Shock Arrow (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Storm Breath (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Breath (4))
3) Full Power (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 200% of the original chance when your SP is 100 or higher. (This is checked before casting costs are deducted.))
4) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
5) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
6) Bolt Chain (Type: Electricity, Passive. Shocking a target also inflicts a 55 Power attack on and has a 10% chance to Shock an adjacent enemy. Shock applied by Bolt Chain cannot trigger Bolt Chain.)
7) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)
8) Stormfront (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 0% to 75% of the original chance, based on proximity to the target (adjacent = 75%, maximum range = 0%).)

Name : Bigfoot
Level: 38
MaxHP: 147

Strength: 102
Magic   : 9
Vitality: 57
Agility : 36

Resist: Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Grand Slam (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Log Toss (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Cooldown: Luck (6))
3) Fade (Type: Buff, 5 SP. Briefly improves evasion by 25%. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Brain Knocker (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 50% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to delay the next turn of the target.)
5) Heavyhanded (Type: Mind, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
6) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
7) Mobility (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 30% if no Charge abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Charge (0))
8) Evasion (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 10% chance to dodge attacks.)

Name : Tlaloc
MaxHP: 120

Strength: 27
Magic   : 71
Vitality: 47
Agility : 27
Cunning : 23

Immune: Ice Electricity Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Vengeful (Type: None, Passive. Responds to damage dealt to you by enemies by restoring 3 SP.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)

Name : Shoggoth
MaxHP: 114

Strength: 52
Magic   : 14
Vitality: 52
Cunning : 37

Resist: Impact Ice
Weak  : Fire Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Speedbreaker (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
3) Eat Alive (Type: Pierce, 10 SP. 100 Power attack. Half normal accuracy. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt (affected by Body resistance).)
4) Dazzling Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Stun adjacent characters that deal damage to you, causing them to miss their next turn.)
5) Hypnotic Gaze (Type: Mind, 20 SP. 85% chance to inflict Sleep, preventing the target from acting for a few turns or until damaged. Cooldown: Presence (6))
6) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing, SP restoration, and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt or restore SP based on SP drained.)
7) Flesheater (Type: Body, Reactive. Responds to an adjacent character's death by draining them, healing yourself for 25% of their maximum HP.)
8) Bloodlust (Type: None, Passive. Restores SP per target damaged when you deal damage with Slash, Impact, or Pierce abilities. 5 SP for the first target, 4 SP for the second, etc. No further recovery after 5 targets.)

Name : Subtle Kuchisake
MaxHP: 114

Strength: 34
Magic   : 20
Vitality: 30
Agility : 43
Cunning : 63

Resist: Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
2) Throat Slash (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
3) Madness Glare (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to inflict Panic on enemies, causing their actions to sometimes be randomized. Cooldown: Presence (9))
4) Bravado (Type: Mind, Reactive. Resets your Presence cooldown when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less. Cooldown: Bravado (1))
5) Numbing (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 20% chance for your Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks to apply Paralysis, causing the target to frequently miss their turns.)
6) Healing Factor (Type: Healing, Reactive. Bestows Regeneration when an attack reduces your health to 50% or less, restoring health over time. Cooldown: Factor (1))
7) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
8) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)

Name : Unicorn
MaxHP: 111

Strength: 34
Magic   : 54
Vitality: 38

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Reshape (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Removes all negative status effects, then applies a 130 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (5))
8) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Your vishap blasts the cherufe.
 It isn't very effective.
 The cherufe misses your vishap.
 The cherufe claws you.
 The cherufe sears you.
 It's super effective!
 You are in danger!
 Using Fester Touch...
 Escape to cancel.
 You wither the cherufe.
 You sap the cherufe's vigor!
 Tlaloc meditates. Tlaloc looks refreshed.
 Your vishap bites the cherufe.
 The cherufe misses you.
 The cherufe claws you.
 The cherufe sears you.
 It's super effective!
 You are set on fire!
 The cherufe stares at you.
 The cherufe looks healthier.
 The cherufe looks refreshed.
 The cherufe misses you.
 Using heal stone...
 Escape to cancel.
 You use the heal stone. You feel better.
 Tlaloc meditates. Tlaloc looks refreshed.
 Your vishap bites the cherufe.
 The cherufe hurls a blazing star.
 The cherufe sears your vishap.
 The cherufe ignores the attack! (x2)
 The cherufe sears you.
 It's super effective!
 The cherufe sears your unicorn.
 Your unicorn is set on fire!
 The cherufe hurls a blazing star.
 The cherufe sears you.
 It's super effective!
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Shikigami
Level: 17
MaxHP: 66

Strength: 10
Magic   : 38
Vitality: 16
Agility : 33
Cunning : 38

Resist: Impact Ice Dark
Weak  : Slash Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Spite (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Cull (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Expose (Type: Debuff, 15 SP. 85% chance to reduce defense by 20%.)
4) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Fiery Demas
MaxHP: 109

Strength: 17

Resist: Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
2) Pyrokinesis (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited character. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cannot miss. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
3) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
4) Ember Burst (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 70% chance to Ignite the targets for an unusually long duration, causing damage over time.)
5) Pyre Rite (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for allies.)
6) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
7) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
8) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))

Name : Yuki-onna
MaxHP: 101

Magic   : 56
Vitality: 29
Agility : 29
Cunning : 41

Abilities Known:
2) Wintry Touch (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 100 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Pink Whisper (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 70% chance to cause Charm, turning the target against its allies. Free action. Cooldown: Presence (6))
4) Haunt (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Must target an enemy. Warps you adjacent to the enemy, and has a 70% chance to delay the enemy's next turn. This is not considered a movement ability. Free action. Cooldown: Dark (4))
5) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Baleful Polong
Level: 25
MaxHP: 92

Strength: 11
Magic   : 57
Vitality: 16
Agility : 28
Cunning : 63

Immune: Body Dark
Resist: Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Major Pain (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Has two 70% chances to delay the next turn of the target. Cannot miss.)
2) Wither (Type: Debuff, 30 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense and accuracy by 20%.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) Snuff Out (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 130 Power attack, but misses if the damage would not be fatal. Cooldown: Dark (3))
6) Hex (Type: Dark, 25 SP. 70% chance to apply Hex, which reduces physical resistances (not immunity) by one level, and reduces physical damage dealt by 50%.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Leib-olmai
MaxHP: 107

Strength: 68
Magic   : 37
Vitality: 45
Cunning : 15

Resist: Ice Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Rend Asunder (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Life Pulse (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Only affects allies. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
4) Calming Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Cherufe
MaxHP: 100

Vitality: 46
Agility : 22

Resist: Slash Impact Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Burning Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 100 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Burning Star (Type: Fire, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Meltdown (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Only affects Ignited characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Ember Heart (Type: Fire, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Fire abilities by 5 if you used an Fire ability last turn.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Cherufe
MaxHP: 94

Strength: 29
Magic   : 58
Vitality: 43
Agility : 21
Cunning : 29

Resist: Slash Impact Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Burning Claw (Type: Slash, 10 SP. 100 Power attack split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Burning Star (Type: Fire, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Meltdown (Type: Fire, 10 SP. Only affects Ignited characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (1))
4) Bask (Type: Fire, 0 SP. Can be used when Muted. Must target an Ignited enemy. No effect on the target, but triggers a 60 Power heal on and restores 10 SP for the user. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Ember Heart (Type: Fire, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Fire abilities by 5 if you used an Fire ability last turn.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:46 am

Yep, I did forget to update Fester Touch's description :( Sorry about that. The change itself was in the patch notes as "- Reduced the effectiveness of attacks that drain MaxHP based on HP damage you have already taken by 30-40 Power."

The demons walking up to Sleepers bit sounds like a case of "I haven't looked at a rarely exercised piece of AI code in awhile and something I've done since probably broke it a little"; I'll take a look and see what I find. :) Sorry for the trouble on that front.

3 shotting a summoner? :D That must be a record, but then, Hero mode's damage just got amped recently, so the playing field there is different than it was before. :)

Though it splatted on T:21, this still was a good run. :D Congrats on making it that far, and thanks for the report. :D
Ferret

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion