My first ghost on 20+ tower

The tower awaits!

Re: My first ghost on 20+ tower

Postby oneeyedjoe » Tue May 09, 2017 7:12 am

It's been a while since I posted my adventures on tower 20+ here, meanwhile I got 3 new ghosts of mine on tower 23. The first one was Support - buff/heal faithful heart build with dark/light smites, pretty boring build all things considered. Also the only one who actually "won" (ctrl+q).

Second one was hand of the dead crippling silverhanded numbling arrow throwing dominator called Prick, and oh boy he did live up to his name. Got Crippler for transposing Artemis, resurrected her and transposed into Silver hand, got needle spray from Cynocephalus and boom, build pretty much is ready. Was steamrolling everything without much resistance up until tower 23 where I died to a pack of Couril and Leib-olmai. Got charmed and unleashed hell on my own team, then got rendered asunder by those cheerful looking bears.

Third one was orb of power electricity/ice build, but I started with might and haste just for resistance to light (because muted magician is a sad magician). Got to experiment with only one new ability this run - storm lord. Because my main element was ice I left cunning at its starting number, but shock arrows still were applying shock relatively often (welp 12 - 25% is still 9, so why bother with cunning for +3% chance of shock). However, I had Raiju fully build for shocking with full power, tireless, high voltage and galvanize. When I had him out I was getting a lot of use from Storm Lord, but I think for shock focused builds Galvanize is better. Still pretty neat ability though. I wonder if it works when you have shocked ally in your sights.

Finally met new summoner and new hero this run, and I think they both need some adjustments. Tremane was doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT HEALING HIMSELF. Seriously, I think he used rhino charge once and that was it. Maybe give him Crusader instead of Faith Healing if you want him to be more survivable.

And Valindra needs a gap closer ability like Posses. Poor girl got dart spammed before she could reach me and my demons. Also her relic upgrades just don't make any sense. I get the Soul Armor, but Translator and Transpose Soul? Unless she can spawn with different builds every time I don't see the point of this.

Also Jayle in this run was wearing different soul armor. Usually she wears Baleful Cherule for a coat but this time she had a dress made of Sulfuric Ruler. Now I wonder what determines summoner's soul armor.

Back to my Stormy magician - he died to that Prick ghost I describe earlier :). Unfortunately wraith spawned right in my face when I searched the corpse and I instantly got all my party muted/hexed/paralyzed/charmed and dead. Funnily enough, the first thing I found on tower 23 was victory portal. :)
Code: Select all
 Demon Party Dump File
Version 3/31/2017, Scoring Model: 3/31/2017
Dump file created at: 5/9/2017 8:51:23 AM

Summoner Stormy...
was chosen by the Orb of Power,
selected Buff and Ice as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 63958,
is currently at Tower:23,
and is quite dead!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Stormy
Level: 31
MaxHP: 134
MaxSP: 100

Strength: 4
Magic   : 126
Vitality: 13
Agility : 63
Cunning : 14

Resist: Mind Light
Weak  : Slash Impact Pierce

Abilities Known:
1) Haste (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Improves speed by 33%.)
2) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
3) Frost Arrow (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
4) Chain Lightning (Type: Electricity, 40 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
5) Storm Lord (Type: Electricity, Passive. Reduces the SP costs of abilities by 20 if you can see any Shocked characters.)
6) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))
7) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
8) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Relic Upgrades:
Translator (Reduces the cost of using Copy Ability on yourself by 50%.)
Transpose Soul (Unlocks the Transpose Soul transmutation, which lets you sacrifice a demon to choose and learn one of the bonus abilities from the modifier it would pass if used with Fuse Demons.)
Recycle (Delete Demon now grants Credits based on the number of levels the demon has gained (more levels = more Credits).)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)

Inventory:
3 Zephyr card
7 Heal gem
2 Frost glyph
2 Mirror chime
3 Heart glyph
5 Pure stone
1 Calm card
1 Meteor rune
9 Heal stone
3 Chakra stone
1 Venom rune
1 Pain glyph
1 Might gem
3 Flame glyph
1 Guardian gem

Current Credits: 6849

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 130 / 135 (96% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        1          0          0          7          1*         
Impact       0          0          0          7          1*         
Pierce       0          0          0          7          1*         
Fire         1          1          2          2*         3         
Ice          2*         0          4          3*         1         
Electricity  2*         1          0          6*         1         
Body         3          1          3          3*         1         
Mind         1          1          2*         4          1         
Light        1          1          3*         2          2         
Dark         1          1          3          3*         1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Gluttonous Nero
Level: 22
MaxHP: 104

Strength: 23
Magic   : 51
Vitality: 50
Agility : 18
Cunning : 18

Resist: Fire Ice Body Dark
Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
3) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
4) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Mending (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Cannot be used on Mended targets or enemies. 150 Power heal. Applies Mended.)
6) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
8) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)

Name : Raiju
Level: 28
MaxHP: 85
MaxSP: 125

Strength: 22
Magic   : 54
Vitality: 22
Agility : 54
Cunning : 38

Immune: Electricity
Resist: Fire
Weak  : Ice Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Full Power (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 200% of the original chance when your SP is 100 or higher. (This is checked before casting costs are deducted.))
2) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
3) Arcing Touch (Type: Electricity, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
4) Lightning Bolt (Type: Electricity, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 10% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn.)
5) Galvanize (Type: Electricity, Passive. When you apply Shock, you regain 30 SP.)
6) High Voltage (Type: Electricity, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Shock by 50% of the original chance.)
7) Stormwalk (Type: Electricity, 0 SP. Must target a Shocked character. Warps you adjacent to the target, and restores 20 of your SP. Free action. Cooldown: Charge (1))
8) Shock Blast (Type: Electricity, 25 SP. 100 Power attack. Has a 14% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)

Name : Foul Druj nasu
Level: 27
MaxHP: 116

Strength: 12
Magic   : 30
Vitality: 36
Agility : 12
Cunning : 95

Immune: Body
Resist: Dark
Weak  : Fire Light

Abilities Known:
1) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 20 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
2) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 70% chance to Infect an enemy near the target. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Vitiate (Type: Debuff, 30 SP. 70% chance to reduce defense and evasion by 20%.)
4) Flesh Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's defense by 20%.)
5) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
6) Vile Dance (Type: Body, 20 SP. 70% chance to apply Infection to enemies, which hinders HP and SP recovery. Also considered a movement ability. Cooldown: Breath (4))
7) Muddle Host (Type: Mind, 35 SP. 35% chance to inflict Panic, causing the targets' actions to sometimes be randomized.)
8) Afflicter (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP for applying a new Body, Mind, Light, Dark, or Debuff status effect. (Poison stacking does not count as a new effect.))

Name : Leib-olmai
Level: 32
MaxHP: 118

Strength: 73
Magic   : 40
Vitality: 49
Agility : 32
Cunning : 16

Resist: Ice Body Mind
Weak  : Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Rend Asunder (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Life Pulse (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Only affects allies. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (12))
4) Calming Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
6) Soothing Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Also grants a 105 Power heal to you or a nearby ally whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum.)
8) ------------

Name : Unicorn
MaxHP: 113

Strength: 34
Magic   : 54
Vitality: 38
Agility : 34
Cunning : 30

Immune: Light
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
3) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
4) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
7) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)

Name : Volcanic Civatateo
MaxHP: 93

Strength: 14
Magic   : 82
Vitality: 19
Agility : 33
Cunning : 42

Immune: Fire
Resist: Ice Body Light Dark
Weak  : Electricity

Abilities Known:
1) Inquisition (Type: Light, 35 SP. 50% chance to inflict Guilt on enemy targets, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
2) Life Drain (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
3) Light Veil (Type: Light, Reactive. 50% chance to respond to damage dealt to you by adjacent enemies with a 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
4) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
5) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
6) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
7) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
8) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)

Name : Baba Yaga
Level: 32
MaxHP: 116

Strength: 16
Magic   : 69
Agility : 20
Cunning : 69

Immune: Mind Dark
Resist: Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Vigor Steal (Type: Dark, 35 SP. 85 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
2) Energy Siphon (Type: Body, 0 SP. Drains the target's SP by 10%, restoring your own SP by 66% of the amount drained. Cannot miss.)
3) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
4) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
5) Lucky Aid (Type: Healing, 0 SP. One effect chosen at random for the target: Heal 33% HP (unaffected by your Magic bonus), restores 50 SP, or removes all negative status effects. Cooldown: Luck (3))
6) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
7) Deep Chill (Type: Ice, Passive. Increases the duration of your Chill effects by 3 turns.)
8) Afflicter (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP for applying a new Body, Mind, Light, Dark, or Debuff status effect. (Poison stacking does not count as a new effect.))

--==== Recent Messages ====--

Your leib-olmai is no longer chilled.
 Your druj nasu bites the leib-olmai.
 Your nero gestures at you.
 Your infection interferes with the healing.
 You feel slightly better.
 Prick looses a barrage of arrows.
 Prick hits you.
 It's super effective!
 Prick hits your druj nasu.
 Prick hits your nero.
 You are badly poisoned!
 Your druj nasu is charmed!
 You fall silent!
 Your nero falls silent!
 Prick looks refreshed.
 Your leib-olmai is no longer charmed.
 Using Dismiss...
 You unsummon your druj nasu!
 Using zephyr card...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute,
 Escape to cancel.
 You use the zephyr card.
 You summon your civatateo!
 Using heal stone...
 Aim within the possible target area using
 movement keys. Press Enter to execute,
 Escape to cancel.
 You use the heal stone.
 The unicorn gestures at the leib-olmai.
 The leib-olmai looks healthier.
 The druj nasu gestures widely.
 The druj nasu freezes you.
 The druj nasu freezes your civatateo.
 It isn't very effective.
 The druj nasu freezes your nero.
 It isn't very effective.
 You feel like you will be cold longer!
 Your civatateo starts shivering!
 Your nero will be shivering longer!
 You block the leib-olmai's attack!
 Your unicorn gestures at you.
 Prick looses a barrage of arrows.
 Prick hits you.
 It's super effective!
 You die...

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Polong
Level: 25
MaxHP: 88

Strength: 14
Magic   : 49
Vitality: 21
Agility : 35
Cunning : 56

Resist: Mind Dark
Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Major Pain (Type: Mind, 25 SP. 55 Power attack. Has two 70% chances to delay the next turn of the target. Cannot miss.)
2) Wither (Type: Debuff, 30 SP. 70% chance to reduce offense and accuracy by 20%.)
4) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ikiryo
Level: 26
MaxHP: 96

Strength: 25
Magic   : 65
Vitality: 51
Agility : 25

Immune: Ice Body
Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Fire
Weak  : Electricity Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Rage (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (2))
2) Life Drain (Type: Body, 25 SP. 70 Power attack. Heals the user for 50% of the damage dealt. Cannot miss.)
3) Vigor Drain (Type: Dark, 30 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
4) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing, SP restoration, and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt or restore SP based on SP drained.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Angel
MaxHP: 86

Strength: 26
Magic   : 45
Vitality: 32
Agility : 32
Cunning : 25

Resist: Fire Electricity
Weak  : Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
2) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
3) Protect (Type: Buff, 20 SP. Improves defense by 25%.)
4) Halo (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
5) Expel (Type: Light, 25 SP. 130 Power attack, but misses if the damage would not be fatal. Cooldown: Light (3))
6) Judge's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 100% chance to delay the next turn of targets whose last action was a damaging ability.)
7) Soothing Cut (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Also grants a 105 Power heal to you or a nearby ally whose HP is more than 50% of their maximum.)
8) Twilight (Type: None, Passive. When your HP is 50% or less of your maximum, reduces the SP cost of Light and Dark abilities by 10, and if you start your turn with a Light or Dark cooldown of 2 or less, it is cleared.)

Name : Eye killer
Level: 29

Strength: 31
Magic   : 43
Vitality: 27
Agility : 43
Cunning : 51

Immune: Electricity
Weak  : Ice Light

Abilities Known:
1) Shock Blast (Type: Electricity, 25 SP. 100 Power attack. Has a 14% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn.)
2) Maul (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 85 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
3) Flash Shock (Type: Electricity, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 20% chance to inflict Shock, causing the target to miss their next turn. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Muddle Host (Type: Mind, 35 SP. 35% chance to inflict Panic, causing the targets' actions to sometimes be randomized.)
5) Furious Rage (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your health is at 50% or less of maximum and your last action was a damaging ability.)
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Icesworn Tuofei
Level: 23
MaxHP: 100

Strength: 28
Magic   : 44
Vitality: 31
Agility : 44
Cunning : 18

Immune: Ice
Weak  : Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
2) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
3) Glacial Shell (Type: Ice, Passive. Provides a 100% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks. This works even when Stunned, Paralyzed, etc. Triggers a Cold cooldown when activated. Cooldown: Cold (4))
4) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 10%.)
5) Desiccation (Type: None, Passive. Improves the effectiveness of your SP reduction effects by 50%.)
6) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
7) Frost Arrow (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Name : Pele
MaxHP: 118

Magic   : 73
Vitality: 34
Cunning : 26

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 33% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Inner Fire (Type: Fire, 0 SP. 60 Power heal. Restores 10 SP. Free action. Cooldown: Heat (8))
8) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))

Name : Tlaloc
MaxHP: 121

Strength: 27
Magic   : 71
Vitality: 47
Agility : 27
Cunning : 23

Immune: Ice Electricity Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Snowstorm (Type: Ice, 40 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Chills the targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
2) Storm Strike (Type: Electricity, 30 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 12% chance to inflict Shock, causing the targets to miss their next turn. 70% chance to hit, unaffected by accuracy and evasion.)
3) Cleansing Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Healing Rain (Type: Healing, 35 SP. 105 Power heal.)
5) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
6) Vengeful (Type: None, Passive. Responds to damage dealt to you by enemies by restoring 3 SP.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Punish (Type: Light, 30 SP. Only affects enemies whose last action was a damaging ability. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (6))

oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Wed May 10, 2017 3:25 pm

So many Tower:23 ghosts. :D And all jerk ones too. :D At this rate I'm probably going to have to make it so going through the victory portal leaves a ghost or nobody's ever going to win again. :P

Yeah, Tremane seems to be a bit busted in some cases. I expected him to heal a bit, but it seems like some situations convince him to do nothing but heal. This probably won't be fixed in the experimental build coming out this week, but I'll look into it once that's released.

NPC summoners get "simulated" benefits from relic upgrades that they don't actually have the AI to use. Upgrades like Translator that basically are "save/get more credits" turn into "has more modified demons and ability copies", whereas Transpose Soul translates into "summoner has a better ability set than is normally allowed", though I agree this is probably hard to see in game.

As for Soul Armor, NPC summoners evaluate all possible non-unique soul armors for their level, adding a small random factor to each evaluation, then use the highest evaluation. The random factor is fairly small, but if there are close alternatives, they will sometimes bounce between those.

Thanks for the report. :D
Ferret

Postby Bormoth » Sun May 14, 2017 7:20 am

Ferret wrote:...
As for Soul Armor, NPC summoners evaluate all possible non-unique soul armors for their level, adding a small random factor to each evaluation, then use the highest evaluation. The random factor is fairly small, but if there are close alternatives, they will sometimes bounce between those.

Have you considered to use roullette swing. It would make a bit more variety, and sometimes meager soul armor might give good results.
Something for each demon up to this level, estimate worth. Than roll sum of worthes(maybe filtered a bit to reduce math) and pick one in range. It would make far less samey soul armors on NPCs, while still NPC would usually get fairly good soul armor.
Bormoth

Postby Ferret » Mon May 15, 2017 2:32 pm

Maybe :D Though, I could get pretty similar results just by upping the randomization element a bit. I'm not unhappy with the relative consistency of the AI Soul Armors at the moment though: they're supposed to be smart and are generally making smart choices. :D
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Mon May 29, 2017 9:31 pm

Just won a nice run in new 5/26 build with Crown of Glory. I liked increased chance of applying status effects with active attacks like witch cut. Usually, in builds like that, I have 1 strong attack and a bunch of passives, but now it's worth to keep those actives for better chances.
But I noticed that love tap and obsession still have only 35% and 50% chance respectively of applying charm, compared to 50% and 70% for other status effects. Is it because charm is too strong?

What happened to unicorns? I found only one, in phoenix's sanctum, and that was it. They used to be more common than that. In EB1 and EB1b I haven't found any unicorns whatsoever. Are they secret demons now, like chupacabras and drop bears? Also, I noticed that there are almost no relic ghosts past T5. Do you plan on restoring old ones or are you done with this endeavor?

Fought Tremane and he was mostly healing himself again. The best attack that could hit his weaknesses was 40 power volt call, so fight took really long time. None of my demons were ever in danger, but I had to use like 5 chakra stones and gems to keep damaging him and wearing down his SP. Also, why does he have martyr passive? His light CDs are always at 1 anyway because he's a hero.

And finally, healers started to care about their panicking/charmed/sleeping masters and stopped using regeneration over calm. Well, mostly. But it's way better than it used to be.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Mon May 29, 2017 10:10 pm

Congrats! :D

Yeah, Charm's chances were the only ones not upgraded. Under the new regime, all control effects are limited to 3 turns max. This includes Sleep, Panic, Paralyze, and Charm. A quick comparison reveals why Charm has to have something else poking at it:

Sleep: 100% chance of no action for 3 turns, no evasion possible, ends early if damaged
Panic: 25% chance to act normally, 50% chance to act semi-randomly, 25% chance to stare into space, limits but does not totally forbid evasion
Paralyze: 50% chance to act normally, 50% chance to shudder quietly, no evasion possible
Charm: 100% chance to act against your allies' interests

Charm is the only one other than Sleep that is assured to keep the target from acting against you each turn of its duration (and moreover, if possible, it may even try to help you, in effect giving you an extra friendly action), but unlike Sleep, it doesn't also prevent you from attacking the creature if you want it to stay.

No special change was made to Unicorns in any of the recent builds: some games, some demons just end up being more or less common than usual.

Relic Ghost restoration is no loner going to be a thing for Alpha. To be honest, it ends up hamstringing development if I have to make changes based on preserving relic ghosts. I realize that means relic ghosts beyond the first several floors will be rare, especially early into a new build like this, but unfortunately it's kind of a "both choices are bad for different reasons" thing, and I've picked the one that hinders development less over the one that lets there be more reliable relic wraith presence. For Alpha development, I think that's the right call: once we're in Beta, I will have to strongly consider changing that policy. (Not that it will make you feel better, but 90%+ of games end in the first few floors anyway, so this is actually only an issue for the really good players. :P )

I didn't get a chance to fix Tremane yet: that's one of the vegetables I need to eat. He has Martyr for lore* reasons so that has to stay, but I will find a way to keep him from heal spamming. :P

Yay. :D I'm glad Calm vs. Regen seems to finally be working better. There are still going to be times they make the other choice (Calm is only hyper-valuable on summoners, but Regen is hyper-valuable on any sufficiently damaged target), but getting it fixed for summoners was the main goal and I'm glad that's fixed :D

Congrats again on the win, and thanks for the report :D
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Wed May 31, 2017 2:36 pm

Finally got a win with Eye of the Dragon. I am still not convinced about the effectiveness of hybrid attacks, so I went with Dark as a starting element. My goal was to make melee light/dark build with consume vigor, halo, emit dark/light and some miens. I got emit spells very early because lvl1 demons have them, so the early game wasn't much of a hustle. Then I got Halo from a corpse in anomaly - very powerful skill for that build. Honestly, I was even considering taking transpose soul just to guarantee myself Halo, that's how vital to this build it was. :D

First very scary moment happened in Anzu's sanctum, where I got down to 2/2!! MaxHP. Tuofei/bmola pack almost killed me because of headwind. I didn't have any gap closer abilities because I just needed space for other more important things and that almost killed me. I tried to approach snowy birdies just by walking at them. When Bmolas started to bombard me with icicles I started to stagger and skipped one turn but it felt like forever. After "you stagger badly" message every attack was accompanied with "the relic struggles to keep you alive", ugh. I was really lucky to have night rune on me, I don't think anything else could've saved me there. So I put all nasty birdies to sleep, ran away and purestoned myself almost to max maxHP. :lol:
Second moment happened in the same location, with Oni/Ala pack, who kept shocking and stunning me. It wasn't as close as the first one though: I only went down to 20 maxHP. :D

When I got out of that scary place, the game became relatively easy again. On T12 I found Mordecai and suddenly realized that second wind/unconquerable combo would be pretty darn nice for my consume vigor breath. I always save frost/bolt glyphs for T12 because of
that darn guy and this time I came prepared. Also noticed that it's way easier to apply status effects on heroes: my Kasha landed yellow whisper on Mordecai 2 times in a row.
Reprobus isn't very strong unique: the only good thing about him is second wind/unconquerable combo. Too bad he doesn't realize that with this combo you can use second wind pretty much every turn as long as you are in combat. I used him for a bit as a melee frontier, but he kept running out of SP and poking enemies with 55 basic attack :? Later I fused him onto Shojo just to give him light (mute) immunity.

I swear, Unicorns went extinct in my game. Another run without naturally spawned Unicorns, found only one via corpse encounter but it had frigging Vorpal modifier which hindered its magic stat. Recruited it anyway just to copy wound heal on Shojo. I keep talking about Unicorns because they are my go to healers for the late game. They start with pretty much everything that healer needs, not much investment needed. Usually, I make do with Neros and then switch them for Unicorns, so the lack of one-horned horses is very noticeable.

So once I got second wind/unconquerable I started to actively "use" relic preservation mechanic. In one attack I could recover 50+ MaxHP so being down some maxHP didn't bother me. Because of that, I was able to stay in combat way longer and keep dealing damage without falling back and chomping on heal stones. My maxHP was jumping between 50 and 150 all the time. Reaper's mien also came in handy, even though there is obvious anti-synergy between it and maxHP drain.

On later floors Rulers have been the bane of me. Apparently now Cleric's mien gives 50% chance to apply mute on those whose last action was a magical ability. Considering my weakness to light, most of the time when fighting Rulers I spent muted. Raises up one question tho: why King's and Fool's miens didn't get an increase in odds? Also, where is mien that would apply hex (witch's mien doesn't count because it's too random). Oh and apparently using pure stone counts as "using magical ability" because in one fight I got muted as soon as I purestoned it.

Fought 4 of the same ghost in Baba's sanctum and later in T23 fought the same guy with the same build, but 1 or 2 demons were different. Save scamming much? :mrgreen:

Code: Select all
Demon Party Dump File
Version 5/26/2017, Scoring Model: 5/26/2017
Dump file created at: 5/31/2017 6:41:24 PM

Summoner Grey Dragon...
was chosen by the Eye of the Dragon,
selected Dark and Body as their starting elements,
has earned a score of 126297 (presently on cycle 2),
is currently at Tower:23,
and is still alive!

--==== Main Character ====--

Name : Grey Dragon
Level: 31
MaxHP: 150

Strength: 15
Magic   : 101
Vitality: 45
Agility : 14
Cunning : 45

Weak  : Light

Abilities Known:
1) Emit Light (Type: Light, 5 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Emit Void (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (1))
3) Consume Vigor (Type: Dark, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power), split between HP and MaxHP damage. 66% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cooldown: Breath (6))
4) Halo (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
5) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
6) Angel's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 40% chance to apply Stun to targets who are adjacent to you.)
7) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
8) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)

Relic Upgrades:
Item Sense (Shows the positions of unattended items on the map. May also reveal additional items when searching corpses, or once a level is fully explored.)
S.E.P.I. (Generates a small amount of Credits each time you fully explore a level.)
Quick Dismiss (Your first Dismiss each turn is a free action (can use Dismiss as a normal action afterwards.))
Capacity Up I (Grants additional storage capacity for demon allies, allowing for a total of 7 at once.)
Quick Summon (Your first Summon each turn is a free action (can use Summon as a normal action afterwards.))

Inventory:
10 Chakra stone
2 Pure gem
4 Pure stone
2 Calm card
2 Heart glyph
6 Heal stone
1 Chakra gem
2 Peace offering
3 Night rune
2 Bronze offering
1 Guardian gem
1 Heal gem
1 Pain glyph
1 Bolt glyph
1 Might gem

Current Credits: 5238

Codex Daemonium Completion
Shared Codex   : 98 / 135 (72% complete)

--==== Party Overview  ====--

Element      Users      Immune     Resistant  Normal     Weak       
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Slash        1          0          2          5*         1         
Impact       0          0          3          5*         0         
Pierce       0          0          2          6*         0         
Fire         1          1          2          2*         3         
Ice          1          2          3          2*         1         
Electricity  0          0          2          4*         2         
Body         2          3          2          2*         1         
Mind         0          0          1          5*         2         
Light        2*         2          0          3          3*         
Dark         3*         0          3*         4          1         

n : Number of party members counted.
* : Denotes the main character is included.

--==== Current Party ====--

Name : Foul Druj nasu
MaxHP: 114

Magic   : 30
Cunning : 95

Abilities Known:
1) Corrupt (Type: Body, 15 SP. 85% chance to inflict Infection, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
2) Sepsis Wave (Type: Body, 20 SP. Only affects Infected characters. Inflicts Poison, causing damage over time (can stack three times).)
3) Contagion (Type: Body, 15 SP. Must target an Infected character. 85% chance to Infect an enemy near the target, preventing most HP and SP recovery. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
4) Filth Veil (Type: Body, Reactive. 35% chance to Infect adjacent characters that deal damage to you, which prevents most HP and SP recovery.)
5) Blood Rot (Type: Body, Passive. When you apply Infection, Poison, or Paralysis, you have a 50% chance to reduce the target's offense by 20%.)
6) Afflicter (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP for applying a new Body, Mind, Light, Dark, or Debuff status effect. (Poison stacking does not count as a new effect.))
7) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
8) Wither (Type: Debuff, 30 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense and accuracy by 20%.)

Name : Tuofei
Level: 24
MaxHP: 87

Strength: 20
Magic   : 52
Vitality: 27
Agility : 51
Cunning : 20

Immune: Ice
Weak  : Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Sudden Chill (Type: Ice, 25 SP. Only affects enemies. 40 Power attack. Chills all targets, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%. Cannot miss.)
2) Winterkill (Type: Ice, 10 SP. Only affects Chilled characters. 25 Power attack. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (2))
3) Frostbite (Type: Ice, Passive. Your Ice attacks also reduce the target's SP by 10%.)
4) Desiccation (Type: None, Passive. Improves the effectiveness of your SP reduction effects by 50%.)
5) Spellbinder (Type: None, Passive. Reduces Cantrip cooldowns by 1 turn, to a minimum of 1 turn.)
6) Headwind (Type: Ice, Passive. Ice attacks delay the next turn of targets that moved during their previous turn.)
7) Frost Arrow (Type: Ice, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Chills the target, reducing their accuracy, evasion, and movement speed by 12%.)
8) Tormentor (Type: None, Passive. Restores 5 SP when you deal damage to one or more characters that have negative status effects.)

Name : Redeemed Shojo
Level: 30
MaxHP: 129

Strength: 32
Magic   : 49
Vitality: 58
Cunning : 49

Resist: Ice Body

Abilities Known:
1) Life Bloom (Type: Healing, 30 SP. Only affects characters with the Regeneration effect. 105 Power heal.)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Meditate (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 10 SP. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
8) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)

Name : Ikiryo
Level: 30
MaxHP: 105

Strength: 28
Magic   : 72
Vitality: 56
Agility : 28
Cunning : 16

Immune: Ice Body
Weak  : Electricity Mind Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Rage (Type: Dark, 15 SP. 70 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (2))
3) Vigor Drain (Type: Dark, 30 SP. 70 Power attack, split between HP and MaxHP damage. 33% of the MaxHP damage is drained to the user as bonus MaxHP. Cannot miss.)
4) Gluttony (Type: Body, Passive. Provides a 50% increase in healing, SP restoration, and MaxHP bonuses from drains and abilities that heal based on damage dealt or restore SP based on SP drained.)
5) Ever Ready (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 200% when your SP is less than 15.)
6) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Agony (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies without the Agony status effect. 70 Power attack. Applies Agony. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))

Name : Pele
MaxHP: 119

Magic   : 75
Vitality: 35
Agility : 35
Cunning : 27

Resist: Electricity
Weak  : Ice

Abilities Known:
1) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
2) Rain of Fire (Type: Fire, 35 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Firestarter (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases your chance to apply Ignite by 50% of the original chance.)
4) Warmth (Type: Fire, Passive. Increases HP and SP regeneration based on the number of Ignited characters you can see (more characters = larger bonus, with diminishing returns.))
5) Alluring Veil (Type: Mind, Reactive. 20% chance to Charm adjacent characters that deal damage to you, turning them against their allies.)
6) Vigorous (Type: None, Passive. Increases SP regeneration by 50%.)
7) Ritualist (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of magical abilities that cost 20 or more SP by 5 if no Cantrip abilities are on cooldown. Cooldown: Cantrip (0))
8) Burning Star (Type: Fire, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)

Name : Sainted Shikigami
MaxHP: 90

Magic   : 60
Vitality: 18
Agility : 36
Cunning : 59

Immune: Body Light
Resist: Impact Ice Dark
Weak  : Slash Fire

Abilities Known:
1) Spite (Type: Dark, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Cannot miss.)
2) Fool's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Pariah on targets whose last action was not a damaging ability.)
3) King's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 70% chance to apply Guilt to targets whose HP is at or above their base maximum, healing those who damage the targets (excluding reactions).)
4) Humble (Type: Light, 20 SP. Only affects enemies whose HP is at or above their base maximum. 85 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (2))
5) Smite (Type: Light, 10 SP. 55 Power attack. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Light (1))
6) Cleric's Mien (Type: Light, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks have a 50% chance to apply Mute to targets whose last action was magical ability, preventing the use of non-physical abilities.)
7) Silence (Type: Light, 25 SP. 70% chance to inflict Mute, which prevents the use of non-physical abilities.)
8) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)

Name : Forged Leib-olmai

Strength: 69
Magic   : 43
Vitality: 47
Agility : 24
Cunning : 12

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce Ice Body Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Rend Asunder (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
2) Life Pulse (Type: Healing, 20 SP. Only affects allies. 60 Power heal. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (5))
3) Hunter's Cry (Type: Buff, 35 SP. Briefly improves offense and accuracy by 25% for you and your allies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
4) Calming Rain (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
6) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
7) Heavy Guard (Type: Impact, Reactive. Responds to attacks by adjacent enemies that you block or parry with a 40 Power attack that has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
8) Fire Lord (Type: Fire, Passive. Attacking Ignited characters will restore 5% of your HP per hit.)

--==== Recent Messages ====--

The civatateo is abruptly set free!
 The jinn falls asleep!
 The nero falls asleep!
 The civatateo falls asleep!
 Remember, you can press 'c' to command your
 allies to attack Sleeping targets.
 Your leib-olmai radiates healing energy.
 Your tuofei looks healthier.
 Your tuofei is no longer regenerating.
 Your shojo meditates.
 Your shojo looks refreshed.
 You swap places with your leib-olmai.
 Your shojo meditates.
 Your shojo looks refreshed.
 Using Halo...
 Halo can only be centered on yourself. Press
 Enter to execute, Escape to cancel.
 You emit a blast of light.
 You blast the nero.
 It's super effective!
 You kill the nero!!
 You blast the jinn.
 It's super effective!
 You kill the jinn!!
 You blast the civatateo.
 It isn't very effective.
 The civatateo is stunned!
 The civatateo wakes up.
 Your tuofei claws the civatateo.
 Your tuofei kills the civatateo!!
 Your tuofei looks refreshed.
 Pele reaches Level 29!
 You begin resting.
 Your power returns to normal.
 Your accuracy returns to normal.
 Your shojo's power returns to normal.
 Your shojo's accuracy returns to normal.
 Your leib-olmai's power returns to normal.
 Your leib-olmai's accuracy returns to
 normal.
 Your tuofei's power returns to normal.
 Your tuofei's accuracy returns to normal.
 Rest complete, but you must defeat enemies
 to restore your allies' missing Maximum HP.
 There is a shimmering portal to Victory
 here. Press 'p', '<', or '>' to change
 levels.
 Really win the game and start a new cycle?
 (Y or N)
 You win!

--==== Recently Slain Allies ====--

Name : Mananangal
Level: 21
MaxHP: 77

Magic   : 44
Vitality: 15
Agility : 40
Cunning : 44

Immune: Dark
Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
3) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
4) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Sulfuric Mananangal
MaxHP: 84

Strength: 10
Magic   : 55
Vitality: 13
Agility : 40
Cunning : 42

Immune: Fire Dark
Resist: Mind
Weak  : Body Light

Abilities Known:
1) Slow (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 70% chance to reduce speed by 33%.)
2) Weaken Host (Type: Debuff, 25 SP. 85% chance to reduce offense by 20%.)
3) Blight (Type: Dark, 30 SP. Only affects enemies with one or more negative status effects. 62 Power attack, plus 8 Power per negative status effect on the target. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (6))
4) Witch's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks may apply Ignite, Poison, Charm, Hex, and Pariah at random to targets who have a negative status effect.)
5) Flame Arrow (Type: Fire, 20 SP. 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
6) Burning Star (Type: Fire, 30 SP. Attenuated 85 Power attack. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration.)
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Nero
Level: 19
MaxHP: 91
MaxSP: 125

Magic   : 41
Vitality: 41
Agility : 23
Cunning : 17

Resist: Fire Ice
Weak  : Body Light Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Affection (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 60-130 Power heal, based on your remaining HP (more HP = higher Power).)
2) Regenerate (Type: Healing, 25 SP. Bestows Regeneration, restoring health over time.)
3) Cleanse (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Poison, Infection, and Paralysis.)
4) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
5) Calm (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Stun, Sleep, Panic, and Charm.)
7) Tireless (Type: None, Passive. Increases MaxSP by 25.)
8) ------------

Name : Reprobus
Level: 25
MaxHP: 119

Strength: 60
Magic   : 28
Vitality: 35
Agility : 31
Cunning : 21

Immune: Mind Light

Abilities Known:
1) Swiftness (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the turn cost of movement and movement abilities by 20%.)
2) Impaling Thrust (Type: Pierce, 25 SP. 85 Power attack, enemies only.)
3) Fire Breath (Type: Fire, 20 SP. Attenuated 0-85 Power attack, based on the user's SP (max SP = 85 Power). Has a 35% chance to Ignite the targets, causing damage over a short duration. Cooldown: Breath (4))
4) Second Wind (Type: Healing, 0 SP. Restores 30 SP and resets Breath cooldown. Free action. Cooldown: Endure (3))
5) Piercing Cry (Type: Debuff, 20 SP. 85% chance to briefly reduce defense by 20% for enemies. Cooldown: Presence (3))
6) Block Physical (Type: Defense, Passive. Provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, and Pierce attacks.)
7) Unconquerable (Type: Defense, Passive. Reduces Endure cooldown by 1 turn when damaged by enemies (excluding Ignite, Poison, and reactions).)
8) ------------

Name : Vorpal Unicorn
MaxHP: 107

Strength: 48
Magic   : 42
Vitality: 37
Cunning : 24

Resist: Slash Impact Pierce
Weak  : Body Dark

Abilities Known:
1) Heal Wounds (Type: Healing, 25 SP. 105 Power heal.)
4) Absolution (Type: Healing, 15 SP. Removes Guilt, Mute, Pariah, and Hex.)
5) Lifeweaver (Type: Healing, Passive. Reduces the SP cost of Healing abilities by 5, to a minimum of 0.)
6) Cursed Arc (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 70 Power attack. Has a 50% chance to inflict Pariah, causing the target's allies to take damage when the targets doe (excluding reactions).)
7) Rend Asunder (Type: Slash, 20 SP. 100 Power attack split between two Slash attacks.)
8) ------------

Name : Charun
Level: 26
MaxHP: 107

Strength: 73
Magic   : 29
Agility : 28

Weak  : Electricity Light

Abilities Known:
1) Grand Slam (Type: Impact, 20 SP. 100 Power attack.)
2) Agony (Type: Dark, 25 SP. Only affects enemies without the Agony status effect. 70 Power attack. Applies Agony. Cannot miss. Cooldown: Dark (4))
3) Reaper's Mien (Type: Dark, Passive. Your Light and Dark attacks heal you for 50% of the damage dealt to characters whose HP is 50% or less of their maximum.)
4) Oppressor (Type: Dark, Passive. Increases defense by 25% against enemies with lower HP. (Bonus is affected by Dark resistance.))
5) ------------
6) ------------
7) ------------
8) ------------

Name : Ogun
Level: 33
MaxHP: 130

Strength: 56
Magic   : 34
Vitality: 56
Agility : 26
Cunning : 43

Weak  : Ice Electricity Mind

Abilities Known:
1) Rhino Charge (Type: Impact, 20 SP. Must target a character. Charge to the target with a 85 Power attack. Inflicts Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cooldown: Charge (6))
2) Melting Slice (Type: Slash, 15 SP. 115 Power attack, split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
3) Magma Force (Type: Slash, 25 SP. 115 Power attack, split between Slash and Fire. Has a 35% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration.)
4) Flash Burn (Type: Fire, 10 SP. 40 Power attack. Has a 70% chance to Ignite the target, causing damage over a short duration. Free action. Cooldown: Cantrip (3))
5) Ready Block (Type: Defense, Passive. If your last action was a Melee or Direct range Slash, Impact, or Pierce ability, provides a 20% chance to block Slash, Impact, Pierce, Fire, Electricity, and Ice attacks.)
6) Heavy Guard (Type: Impact, Reactive. Responds to attacks by adjacent enemies that you block or parry with a 40 Power attack that has a 35% chance to inflict Stun, causing the target to miss their next turn. Cannot miss.)
7) Overpower (Type: None, Passive. Reduces the chance of opponents Blocking, Dodging, or Parrying your attacks by half.)

One more note: now that relic ghosts are very rare, Recycle became a bit less useful, because wraiths were the main source of level-scaled demons and honestly S.E.P.I. is way better than I initially thought.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Wed May 31, 2017 5:01 pm

Congrats on another win. :D

2/2! Whew. That is cutting it pretty close. :D I've heard a fair bit about the ice birds recently, I've been happy to see them stepping up to the plate a bit more. :)

In retrospect, I'm glad I decided near last minute to let Pure Gems/Stones restore 20% starting with the 5/26 build. There wouldn't have been much point in letting Relic Preservation "save" you from death if it always doomed you to such low MaxHP as to be inescapable death in the next encounter. Granted, this can still happen if you run out of Pure Gems/Stones, but at that point I'm willing to say your time has probably come. :)

I think I like the Hero changes, so far. The higher damage makes them pretty scary, but being able land status effects on them a bit more easily makes them a bit more fair/interesting to fight I hope. :)

Second Wind is on my "veggies" list, hopefully Reprobus will get a bit more aggressive about using it soon, as it would definitely be better than him just poking with a 55 Power attack :P

I don't mind people using the Relic Preservation mechanic in the way you describe. :D Part of the hope was that it'd make melees a little more viable by giving a bit more cushion. :D I admit I didn't anticipate one of the first ways it would happen would be so esoteric, but it works for me. :D

King and Fool's Mien were left out of the increase because their conditions are much easier to find than Cleric's Mien's is. Witch did get a boost for its non-Charm applications rates, but I agree it isn't a great source for Hex itself. Other Miens will probably show up some day, once there are other Light/Dark AEs to associate with them. :D

::mutter:: Yeah, I see the savescummer, now that you pointed him out. I must have been asleep in my breakfast taco to have missed it before. Looks like he actually made 3 ghosts off that game. I'm reluctant to spend much time fighting non-horrific cases during Alpha... but maybe I can at least see about keeping them out of the score/ghost lists.

Thanks for playing, and for the report. :D
Ferret

Postby wizzzargh » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:42 pm

For what it's worth, if a savescummer is giving me more ghosts to play with I don't mind at all- same ghost 4 times is better than 'You feel a chill...but the feeling passes' 4 times on my 'scale o' fun.' Of course I love Recycle so I'm biased in that I also see ghosts as delicious Credit-filled snacks and always want there to be loads of them...

But back to this build- if you had found Light Veil/Dark Veil would you have swapped Emit/Light/Void for one(both) of them? They always seemed like a really neat combination with Angel's Mien, but I never managed to try it myself.
wizzzargh

Postby oneeyedjoe » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:24 pm

It's not that I mind fighting same ghost all the time, it's that savescumming doesn't really fit in the permadeath roguelike spirit so I had to point that guy out.
As for veils, I consider them as defensive skills and in this build I played very aggressively. If it wasn't for unconquerable I'd probably ended up taking transpose soul for 85 power emits and priesthood passive. Also light/dark veils proc only 50% of the time, so they aren't very reliable source of damage. Veils+angel's mien combo is just like dazzling veil or heavy guard.
oneeyedjoe

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion