Electricity

The tower awaits!

Electricity

Postby Gaswafers » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:25 am

Electricity is an element full of weird skills and randomness, so it's hard to find out what works or if anything works at all. Has anyone found strong skill builds that don't over-commit to the element to make it work?
Gaswafers

Re: Electricity

Postby Remora » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:32 am

Of course, a plain ol' dart-throwing build can have shock dart and arrow for an option; given that Zaiji appears early on, shock arrow is a strong option indeed. I'll have to admit I have attempted a high shock chance build a few times before.
Remora

Postby mbj » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:13 am

Lightning bolt is god tier
Storm strike is ok too
Storm veil or whatever is also good
Every pure electricity build I've tried has failed miserably. But I guess I've never tried many other pure elementalists either so they'd probably suck just as hard. Now that I mention storm veil though I'm curious if a storm veil tank with a ton of electric passives would work well.
mbj

Postby geminimax » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:35 am

Well, complaining about electricity is actually my specialty. In short, electricity a realm full of interesting possibilities, plagued by overcosted abilities and way too much "padding" to stop It from being strong.

One day I'll make a big post about it, but to answer your question, I don't think there is anything that electricity can do that other archetypes can't do better. If you want to immobilize an enemy, stun is a better choice that requires little to no investiments in abilities. SP recovery is an interesting mechanic, but all other elements haver their own sustain tools, and most electricity builds don't have anything to spend all that free SP on(Well, there's ball lightning, but it really isn't that great).
geminimax

Postby Gaswafers » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:07 pm

Electricity does have "do extra stuff when shock procs" passives, which the other elements don't have. But there's only, like, two of that kind of passive in electricity.
Gaswafers

Return to General Discussion