Question about offerings

The tower awaits!

Question about offerings

Postby RolaRoul » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:02 pm

The bronze offering says that you can recruit any demon if you do not already have one with the same name. Does this mean that if I had, say, a Lifegiver Gandayah, and I found a Lifegiver Gandayah in the wild with a random ability that I didn't have, I could rename my Gandayah and recruit the wild Gandayah just to get the ability?
RolaRoul

Re: Question about offerings

Postby Ferret » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:15 pm

Erp, yeah, I should clarify that. Nicknames aren't actual names, so doing that would not let you recruit the new one.

I probably should just lift the "no double name" restriction: I'm probably way too worried about people getting their monsters mixed up?

Either way, I need to do something to address that legitimate confusion, so thanks for the question. :D
Ferret

Postby Skip Sandwich » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:25 pm

I would love it if the restriction on duplicate monsters was lifted. Too often I find myself in situations where I want to keep a monster to use as both a fusion base as well as a fusion sacrifice, and cannot do it unless I manage to find an already modified version of that demon running around somewhere.

Just last game I had a Will-o-Wisp that I had built up into a evasion tank with Swiftness, Evade and Leadership that would dart around giving the rest of my team a bit of extra speed, but I was also playing as mind/dark Orb and would have loved to have had an extra to nom up via transpose soul for some of the Profane modifier skills.
Skip Sandwich

Postby Ferret » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:59 am

There are a few reasons I'm hesitant, the aforementioned mixing up issue, and a few gameplay reasons as well (not sure I want to encourage/allow massive hordes of the same demon)... but I'll think about it. At the very least, maybe I can allow you to temporarily have dupe-name demons in the same way I temporarily allow overflow demons now.
Ferret

Return to General Discussion