dryad pls

The tower awaits!

Re: dryad pls

Postby Ferret » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Nevermind, the bugs seem to be fixed. :D Sorry for the yo-yoing around on this one. :D
Ferret

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:28 pm

Well it seems that demons without any attacking abilities still want to charge into enemies. Found lifegiver freybug with soothe and regeneration; decided to save some credits and use it as my main healer instead of fusing it onto gandayah. Deleted hinder from it so it wouldn't waste all SP on debuffs. But damn puppy instead of staying behind front line and healing just keeps on charging into enemies. Maybe it's because of swiftness and/or tormentor?
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:32 pm

Tormentor is the cause: passives that do things "on hit" or "on attack" are considered attack abilities themselves. Try deleting Tormentor and see how he behaves. :D
Ferret

Postby Gaswafers » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:33 pm

A person may want a demon to stop using an ability, but also want to save that ability for future copying. But you can't allow the player to disable abilities without it enabling micromanaging.
Gaswafers

Postby oneeyedjoe » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:39 pm

Even without tormentor freybug was eager to fight in melee combat, but not as badly as before. Well I guess if it has no one to heal it will go and attack.
oneeyedjoe

Postby Ferret » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Yeah, I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place here: an attack passive like Tormentor could theoretically make sense even on a healer (after all, if he's in melee and has no healing to do at the moment, why not let him hit things for more SP?), so I can't just have it not count. And, as you say, if I start allowing individual demon-ability disabling, we get into all sorts of horrible micromanagement territory.

Even something in between such as a "behave passively" setting is more micro than I generally would want to see. Demon combat's not particularly fast by RL standards already, I'm very wary of doing anything to slow it down further (and indeed, am actively pondering ways to speed it up.)

Re: Continued Freybug aggressiveness: even full pacifists will eventually wade in, and yes, it will usually happen if their situation is such that they feel like even their wimpy attack is their best course of action (i.e.: no one to heal, running critically low on SP, etc)
Ferret

Previous

Return to General Discussion